Thread: Avalon Tavern // Procrastinator's Anonymous

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    HPotter lesson...

Riding a thestral perhaps?

Be sure to earn a badge!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th June 2019), Aragorn (17th June 2019), Daozen (17th June 2019), Elen (18th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th June 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Drums. Excellent. My son is a drummer. Jazz, to be specific. It's not his career, but it is a passion.

Middle Earth isn't hollow, but I fear some of the heads of its inhabitants are...
    Truly one of the best responses I ever came across on any of these forums. (I know for a fact that a section of my own isn't exactly hollow but what isthere, is of a significantly suspicious nature and which is probably worse than hollow).

[EDIT ADDED]: If I had read the next post... I see Aragorn saw the same thing - a classic, pithy zinger!

Who are you asking?

I hope you're not projecting onto me.

I have no guilt. I've owned up to my sins from the get-go.

Sorry to inform you, I'm no fool. Guilt is a waste of time and energy.

You just be honest with yourself and others and move on.

Guilt is a tool of religions.

It makes people tools.
    Man! Dreamtimer, you are on fire!
    Last edited by Chester, 18th June 2019 at 11:55.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Aragorn (18th June 2019), Dreamtimer (19th June 2019), Elen (19th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks, Sammy.

One of the reasons I joined the forum was for an opportunity to express myself in ways that the people of everyday life won't listen to.

And the other is to explore and discuss ideas and issues which I don't know about or understand.

This has turned out to be quite challenging as many folks make many assumptions, and then discussion is lost.

You've been very good at considering and then sharing your own ideas. It's really a breath of fresh air, whether or not I agree with you.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2019), Aragorn (19th June 2019), Bob (21st June 2019), Chester (30th June 2019), Elen (20th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (20th June 2019), Wind (19th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Know some squeaky cleans with little awareness of their own emotional cesspit and/or mental balance, staggering to comprehend the turn the other cheek and they know not what, energy , but triggers n mirrors allows sinners n beggers with embrace or repulsion.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts
    Ok going to wind this thread down and park it in neutral on the slope.

I am trying to minimize my time on the internet and enjoy the summer. 2 weeks ago my blood pressure was 146 over lord-knows-what. That was a little frightening, so I decided to spend more time swimming and relaxing. It's lowering to normal now. I decided to put all my internet energies into one place. As I am a somewhat divisive character I thought I’d just sit in one thread and people who wanted to hang out with me could, and people who didn’t could stay away. It worked for Wade Frazer and some other posters here.

Sorry if I don’t answer every question. The last three months I have been working 6-7 hour days in one job, then commuting 90 minutes home and doing 6-7 hours building software. I have done this all spring. Last week I was exhausted, blood pressure was high and nerves shot to pieces, especially after the troubles at Avalon.

I can’t always answer posts quickly as I am resting. My commute to and from the city center costs me 3-4 hours a day. That’s a lot of time. I started this thread thinking about a time frame of 3 weeks or months for replies, not three days.

These posts, which could have been directed at me (mods give different answers), made me uneasy about posting further. “abuse a forum” is pretty strong language. BTW, I have over 400 posts here and have been a member since 2015.

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842011534

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842011543

I initially liked it at TOT because of the more relaxed vibe, but a few of my posts were heavily-moderated in 2015 and I left disappointed. I went back to Avalon. think the Ruiner also had a lot of his posts edited. I’m more than happy to post the PMs from BSBray that made me leave if mods give permission. So it’s not entirely accurate to say ex-Avalonians just use this place when they feel like it.

I have actually been banned from Project Avalon. I can’t log on or even PM. it’s just not in the logs. I am still listed as a member.. Make of that what you will.

My intention here was to make a creative, positive, forward thinking thread and get my thoughts together for my next journey. Public todo lists are useful IMO, as they take away some of the boredom and isolation from private lists. My intention was that we could all post our todo here and share how we are solving problems IRL.. Maybe I wasn’t explicit enough. I chose the name Avalon as I think it has a deep resonance with many of us. I didn’t realize it would come off the wrong way here.

Anyway, that will be all for now. I am super busy with work and practice so I can’t contribute any more, but I have enjoyed the wisdom I have received here. It’s probably better for me to return to lurking in the swamps of the shire, so to speak.

I have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts here, especially this one, which contains life changing information:

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.php/11757-Dream-On

Happy Posting all.... I will continue to read here when I can.
    Last edited by Daozen, 23rd June 2019 at 04:38.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th June 2019), Aragorn (23rd June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), Wind (23rd June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Daozen View Post
    [...]

These posts, which could have been directed at me (mods give different answers), made me uneasy about posting further. “abuse a forum” is pretty strong language. BTW, I have over 400 posts here and have been a member since 2015.

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842011534

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842011543
    If you're going to copy links, then you should do it from the original BBcode, not by sweeping them up with the mouse from an already rendered post in your browser, because then you get this...

Anyway, I do of course know what those links were supposed to represent because you contacted Dreamtimer and myself about our posts, and the reason why we gave you different answers is because either of us was justifying what we wrote from within our own thoughts.

We are all individuals up in the mod room, and while we have a lot in common ─ and especially so on our vision regarding how we want to run this forum ─ there is no group-think here, nor any coordination on who will post what, on which thread, and at what moment. Those two posts were spontaneously made by two separate individuals ─ i.e. Dreamtimer and myself ─ and we both told you why we posted what we did.

I initially liked it at TOT because of the more relaxed vibe, but a few of my posts were heavily-moderated in 2015 and I left disappointed.
    I have no recollection of those events, and there were only three staff members at The One Truth throughout most of 2015, being Malc, myself, and bsbray. However, we did already have the policy back then that everyone should report it to the mod room whenever they had engaged in any kind of moderation. I was the one who introduced that policy, and therefore, if your posts were censored/edit/deleted/whatever before I myself joined the staff, then that's another matter altogether. But if you give us the links to the actual posts, then we can check what part of them was moderated, and by whom.

I went back to Avalon. think the Ruiner also had a lot of his posts edited.
    You may think that, but that is just blatantly not true. First and foremost, Shane didn't post here very often, and secondly, he was generally also not the kind of member with whom we had any difficulties, exactly because of the low frequency at which he posted anything.

Our problem was with Shane's followers, and especially so on account of their obsessive and provocative interaction with Corey Goode while he was still a member here.

I’m more than happy to post the PMs from BSBray that made me leave if mods give permission.
    Before you do that, I would like to see you report those PMs to the mod room, or if they are no longer in your Inbox but you do have them stored elsewhere, then just copy them into a PM and send it to myself.

So it’s not entirely accurate to say ex-Avalonians just use this place when they feel like it.
    You are not the only Project Avalon member to have perched down here whenever there was some situation over at Project Avalon that these members couldn't deal with, and who then returned to Project Avalon as soon as the sky over there was clear again.

Also, for the record, I am not blaming Project Avalon for this. This is exclusively tied to those particular members. But there have been quite a few more than you think.

I have actually been banned from Project Avalon. I can’t log on or even PM. it’s just not in the logs. I am still listed as a member.. Make of that what you will.
    It is possible that instead of banning your account, they would have banned your IP address instead. That is not the recommended way of doing things, and it would require an administrator to do that ─ it is specifically tied to the forum's firewall, which is set up from within the Admin Control Panel. Moderators don't have access to the Admin Control Panel, because this is a vBulletin built-in protection. Therefore, if your IP address was indeed banned, then it would boil down to either Bill, Paul, Hervé or Sierra. And as I gather, both Paul and Sierra have in the meantime stepped down, and Tommy Hansen has now been hired to fill the gap.

Anyway, I cannot and will not speak on why you were banned from Project Avalon. Apart from casting a quick gander at Project Avalon's front page every once in a while in order to see what topics are being discussed within the so-called alternative community, I am generally oblivious of what goes on over there, and to the best of my knowledge, my own account over yonder still resides in banned status, so I can't even see what gets posted inside their members-only sections even if I wanted to.

In spite of my nowadays very cordial contacts with Bill Ryan, I have never requested from Bill that he would lift the ban on my Project Avalon account, and I am either way too busy administrating The One Truth and Eye-Rise, and being active at yet two other forums that don't have anything to do with this subject matter, one of which has recently granted me partial moderator status ─ it's an automated thing over there, related to the frequency of one's visits and the number of posts. (They are GNU/Linux-related forums, so it's quite a different environment.)
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th June 2019), Dreamtimer (24th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd June 2019), The One (23rd June 2019), Wind (23rd June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thank you for that long reply Aragorn. I will find those posts. Will take 7 days to respond to most posts as I am busy with work and other duties offline.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th June 2019), Chris (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (29th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (28th June 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    I have actually been banned from Project Avalon.
    [..] Apart from casting a quick gander at Project Avalon's front page every once in a while in order to see what topics are being discussed within the so-called alternative community, I am generally oblivious of what goes on over there, and to the best of my knowledge, my own account over yonder still resides in banned status, so I can't even see what gets posted inside their members-only sections even if I wanted to.

In spite of my nowadays very cordial contacts with Bill Ryan, I have never requested from Bill that he would lift the ban on my Project Avalon account, [...]
    Honesty compels me to inform you that this situation has now suddenly and unexpectedly changed, as of the 23rd of June 2019. After another back-and-forth email exchange between Bill Ryan and myself a few days ago ─ which, for the record, had nothing whatsoever to do with you ─ Bill has graciously apologized for having banned me from Project Avalon over the Simon Parkes affair, and he offered to reactivate my account over there.

I have accepted his generous offer, because I feel that my presence at Project Avalon will allow me to function as a liaison between our respective forums.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th June 2019), Daozen (26th June 2019), Dreamtimer (29th June 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (28th June 2019), Wind (26th June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I think it’s best to keep these posts short to respect people’s time. A wall of type can be hard to read. It’s good to include facts. In this case, specific links to posts. This is the only way to be fair to the readers.

I stopped posting in this thread because of the following 2 posts: I think I was included in the group mentioned. PMs seem to confirm that.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That possibility exists, but then that still doesn't mean that they'd be sticking around. More often than not, such people are merely using The One Truth as a stopgap, until the smoke clears out above whatever bush was on fire over at Project Avalon. And then as soon as the bush fire's out, they leave us behind without any qualm and return to Project Avalon again, with all memory of our existence spontaneously wiped clean from their brain cells.

It's not a community, so much as that it is an audience looking for self-gratification ─ wherever they can get it. And that pisses me off. It annoys me. And so I should really have posted this on the Pissed and Annoyed thread. But then it wouldn't be a reply to you, unless I include a link to your post and mention that it is a reply to you.

Damn, that's too effing complicated, because I haven't even had breakfast yet and it's almost noon. And I'm hungry. And it's hot and sticky today. And I have to pee. So I think I'll just leave this post here, as a direct reply to you. And now I'm off to the kitchen, because I need some food in my stomach.

..with some Daily Caller mixed in?

Forums are for discussion and debate when folks know how.

They're not soapboxes, though people sometimes use them as such.

The lack of reply and/or consideration of ideas is a great indicator of motive. Folks who judge and don't want to discuss or debate should maybe start their own blog rather than abuse a forum.

I'm surprised at the emotional dynamic and I shouldn't be at all. It's human. I just expect more maturity than is often demonstrated.

Bill's post was interesting to me. I can't say I've never fallen. I fell a lot playing roller hockey. And I got bruises. But nothing sprained or broken.

The worst falls I've had were off of wet stairs and in a wet shower. Both potentially very dangerous. I escaped with pulls and bruises, but no serious injury.

And so I consider myself lucky and am being more careful/less careless.

The synchronicity of his fall and the fallout at Avalon are certainly interesting.

And there's a post from Kerry just up the page.

I stopped posting in 2015 because of two posts that were closely moderated in Corey Goode’s favor. I am not the rage quit type but I felt the moderating was over the top. I felt the atmosphere in TOT that time was suffocating and I returned to Avalon, having failed again to find a decent e-home. I am more than happy to post BSBrays PMs if anyone wants. They are not rude or anything, I just found the reasons for moderation 1) bird puns 2) use of italics to be kind of petty and cloying. I would have stayed here if it wasn’t for those kind of mod decisions. Im not trying to start a debate here, I would have been happy to let it go... I just want to put my side of the story across.

IMO it’s unfair to mischaracterize someone who debates with Corey Goode as a Ruiner “groupie” or “follower”. Second, it’s unfair to say we treat this place as a stopgap when Avalon gets too hot, or to presume we will go back there. I can’t return, because Im banned (as I requested). It’s just not shown on the logs. I can't read PMs either. It's not an IP ban, because I have to log on to know Im banned. It’s happened to others too. Many in the Avalon group are just deeply unhappy about what has happened there.

Language like groupie, follower and perch is a little belittling and patronizing, Aragorn. I hope you accept that with some grace. A true sovereign lifts his people up. Now, I have 5 million things to do and don’t really want to go over the minute details of forum exchanges again as I find it absolutely exhausting. I'm supposed to be learning drums today.

I actually came here to talk about Unix, healing, dreams, music and all the good things in life. I would prefer to interact with you, Aragorn, as Strider in the bar, not Aragorn the Monarch. Could you perhaps tone it down a little? This is well meaning advice from a peer who has known you on and off for a few years.

I think this is a valuable forum and I will probably return to lurking and posting occasionally, but not in this thread.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Kathy (30th June 2019), Wind (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    I stopped posting in 2015 because of two posts that were closely moderated in Corey Goode’s favor. I am not the rage quit type but I felt the moderating was over the top. I felt the atmosphere in TOT that time was suffocating and I returned to Avalon, having failed again to find a decent e-home. I am more than happy to post BSBrays PMs if anyone wants. They are not rude or anything, I just found the reasons for moderation 1) bird puns 2) use of italics to be kind of petty and cloying. I would have stayed here if it wasn’t for those kind of mod decisions. Im not trying to start a debate here, I would have been happy to let it go... I just want to put my side of the story across.
    Well, I don't remember it all too clearly anymore because 2015 was quite hectic here at The One Truth, and that was four years ago. But it is possible that bsbray did report that to the mod room, and that it somehow got lost in the fray. I either way think that the use of italics or bird puns would have been over the top as an excuse for moderation, but then again, you were dealing with bsbray, and we know that he was prone to neuroticism and psychosis.

bsbray has in the meantime been banned from here, albeit while his account was already set in retirement. And he has now also been banned from Project Avalon, where he had been posting under the name "A Voice from the Mountains" over the course of these last couple of years.

For the record, I did not change the status of bsbray's account from retired to banned because of his activities over at Project Avalon ─ abject as his behavior was over there ─ but because he sent a very insulting Skype message to one of our staff members, in which he was not not only insulting said staff member, but also grossly and despicably insulting and slandering both Malc and myself as individuals. That is why he is now banned, and it is a ban for life.

IMO it’s unfair to mischaracterize someone who debates with Corey Goode as a Ruiner “groupie” or “follower”.
    Then I'm afraid you misread me. I'm not saying that everyone who questioned Corey's narrative or criticized him was a Ruiner groupie, but the most vocal people here on the forum to criticize and attack Corey ─ even though we had told them to leave Corey alone, just as we had told Corey to leave those people alone as well ─ were Ruiner groupies. And I refer to them as groupies because that's exactly what they were. They were predominantly female, although Shane did have a few male followers as well, and they were behaving like a genuine cult. In fact, after all of these years, they still are.

When they left The One Truth, they perched down ─ here's that word again, and it's still not a negative word ─ at Eye-Rise, where one of them, Ria, had been appointed as administrator. And with Ria running the show over there, supported by another fanatic Ruiner groupie, Breeze ─ known over at Eye-Rise and at Project Avalon as Realeyes ─ they managed to destroy Eye-Rise from the inside out, first by turning it into a police state where new members had to have a number of posts approved by the mods first before they were allowed to post on the public forum, and by banning anyone who dared say anything negative about the Ruiner (who was there with them). And then later, they sabotaged the forum and deleted half of the threads, leaving Kathy ─ who owns Eye-Rise ─ to rebuild everything all by herself from the ground up.

If that's not cult behavior, then I don't know what is.

Second, it’s unfair to say we treat this place as a stopgap when Avalon gets too hot, or to presume we will go back there. I can’t return, because Im banned (as I requested). It’s just not shown on the logs. I can't read PMs either. It's not an IP ban, because I have to log on to know Im banned. It’s happened to others too. Many in the Avalon group are just deeply unhappy about what has happened there.
    I don't think it's unfair at all, because it was a general statement that applies to most of the Project Avalon members who perched down here when the going got tough over at Bill's neck of the woods ─ the word "perch" still not meant as an insult ─ and who then left The One Truth again as soon as the fray had settled down at Project Avalon, because that's where they had always wanted to be, and we were merely a stopgap for them. I could easily give you a whole list of names (but I'm not going to).

Language like groupie, follower and perch is a little belittling and patronizing, Aragorn.
    Only from your perspective, then. I have explained it all in the paragraphs above this one. The expression "to perch down somewhere" is not insulting in any way, shape or form, because it's just an expression. The word "groupies" was completely justified when it came to Shane's followers ─ just ask Sammy, who used to be one of them, and who now refers to them as the Shanolytes ─ and was not specifically directed at you, because I don't even know whether you ever were into the Ruiner material. And I don't see what insult could be attached to the word "follower".

I actually came here to talk about Unix, healing, dreams, music and all the good things in life. I would prefer to interact with you, Aragorn, as Strider in the bar, not Aragorn the Monarch.
    So now I'm a monarch?

Listen, man, I have always been transparent and approachable. I am who I am, and sometimes I will post as myself, while other times I will post as the administrator of The One Truth. Anyone with a normal dose of discernment should be able to tell from my posts what role I'm assuming.

Could you perhaps tone it down a little? This is well meaning advice from a peer who has known you on and off for a few years.
    If you feel like making the criticisms that you've been making in the post I'm replying to right now, then you've obviously never known me all that well, have you? Because if you had, then you would have understood why I say the things I say and why I do the things I do.

It's not my fault that you would attribute ulterior meanings to my words or that you have some kind of problem with "figures of authority", and especially not when there has been a four-year gap between the present day and your last recollection of my activity here at the forum.

I'm being quite frank now, but it seems to me like you're assuming a very hostile attitude toward my management style for someone who's been away from here for four years and who doesn't have the faintest idea of how we run this forum ─ and why we run it this way ─ just as that it's also quite intriguing how you would come to interpret general statements that were not directed at you as if they had been.

The One Truth was not specifically created for you, and you are not the only member here, nor did The One Truth suddenly cease to exist when you returned to Project Avalon, only to magically pop back into existence again for your convenience once you got yourself banned from Project Avalon. It doesn't work like that, and not everything I say out on the open forum is necessarily directed at you, okay?

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (30th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2019), Wind (30th June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    OK you made yourself clear Aragorn. I guess I could spend another 45 minutes writing up a long reply but I don't think that would help either of us. I don't think your management style is hostile, I know you are more or less benevolent. You can just come off as a little grandiose at times. I enjoyed chatting with you in TOT chat and you seemed welcoming enough, it just seems you come across different on some of these threads. You're right that "perch down" is neutral, but the other language like "abuse a forum" (used by Dreamtimer) is pretty negative, whoever it is directed at. But this is *your* forum, so you can express yourselves how you want. If this thread doesn't fit into your culture I understand. Feelings are running high at the moment because of all sorts of reasons, and there's no point in stoking them even further. I don't think we should go round in circles on this, and I think I should learn the gentle art of bowing out of a discussion.

I am tired tired tired of discussing this so I will just wind down this thread.... thanks for those long replies. I appreciate the time you took to write them up. I will probably just write a little on the BPB thread, it's best for everyone.
    Last edited by Daozen, 30th June 2019 at 20:32.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    [...] I don't think your management style is hostile, I know you are more or less benevolent.
    "More or less benevolent"?

You can just come off as a little grandiose at times.
    "Grandiose"?

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2019), Wind (30th June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    I think a Klingon facepalm is a perfect finish to this most fractious of threads.

THE END

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    I think a Klingon facepalm is a perfect finish to this most fractious of threads.

THE END
    Whatever you say, Your Highness.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    lol
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019)