Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Avalon Tavern // Procrastinator's Anonymous

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,593 Times in 381 Posts
    Removed.............
    Last edited by Daozen, 1st July 2019 at 07:40. Reason: Embedded video

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Elen (1st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    One of us doesn't have both of his feet on the ground, and it ain't me.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Daozen (2nd July 2019), Elen (1st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Daozen View Post
    OK you made yourself clear Aragorn. I guess I could spend another 45 minutes writing up a long reply but I don't think that would help either of us. I don't think your management style is hostile, I know you are more or less benevolent. You can just come off as a little grandiose at times. I enjoyed chatting with you in TOT chat and you seemed welcoming enough, it just seems you come across different on some of these threads.
    Hi there Daozen.

Yes, Aragorn has the tendency to come on a wee bit strong in his admonishments at times, but that is no excuse on your part for the very non grounded type of posting you have been displaying as of late both at The Project, and now here.

My recommendation would be to take a long proverbial walk out in the woods once things slow down for you, and then come back to public posting with a clear and refreshed mind.

I look forward to that time because I have long respected your intellect, but man, you just are in a funk right now and that needs to be handled...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Daozen (2nd July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (1st July 2019), Kathy (1st July 2019), Wind (30th June 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for that feedback Fred, I genuinely appreciate it. I'm actually fine with listening to other people's opinions and wisdom, as long as they are straight, succinct, and respectful, like you are. I have left Avalon... I'm also busy winding this thread down, and will probably retreat to a quiet blog and gather my thoughts. Over the last few weeks I have re-read some of my posts... and yes, they do seem a little off-the-wall at times. One reason is that I just don't have enough time to rewrite and redraft each post. Another, I've been working 10-14 hour days the past 3-4 months, with a 90 minute commute each way... and that can get the better of anyone. I mentioned that I was stressed and suffering from mild high blood pressure a few posts back.

I am busy trying to minimize my online time, and go spend more time in nature, like you... and a few others, advised. Anyway, my short time here has been a learning experience, so thank you all for the advice, well wishes and wisdom. Happy summer everyone!
    Last edited by Daozen, 1st July 2019 at 08:32.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (1st July 2019), Fred Steeves (1st July 2019), Kathy (1st July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    As a general statement I'll just say that behavior such as that demonstrated by turiya was abusive to the forum.

In addition, those who create drama and/or try to get a following are not here for discussion and sharing. That my not constitute abuse, but it's still counterproductive.

Coming from such a big forum to here would be strange and lonely. I understand going back if you'd been part of it for a while. There would likely be some special friends there.

It's too bad our US politics have become so toxic.

But not surprising. The direct and stated efforts to divide folks and demonize groups has been underway throughout my entire adult life. And so has the separation of information streams so that people don't get all the info about what's going on and end up in bubbles of opinion which they believe is fact.

Sad.

Especially in light of the fact that we have all the info we need at our fingertips if we put in a little effort..

But we've allowed ourselves to be profiled and put into boxes.

And we've forgotten one of the most important truths of our history.

Divided we fall.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Kathy (1st July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    From my perspective I had a stressful time on other forums. So I had hoped to find some peace and healing in this small forum. I found it, but in an unlikely way. I am likely leaving most international forums so I can focus on my local existence. So I was passing through here on my way out. I need to restrict myself to one thread so I can keep track of where I have posted. I am not going back to Avalon, but I don't want to post anything on TOT which doesn't fit with the local culture you have created here. So thank you for your feedback, wisdom and advice, it is appreciated.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Daozen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2019), Bob (3rd July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st July 2019), Elen (2nd July 2019), Kathy (1st July 2019), Wind (1st July 2019)