Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Oh, I thought it was going to be a debate...Now that was a surprise. Scientific or not.

Because the planet is greener that means Co2 is beneficial? True, it was great for dinosaurs, perhaps not so good for humans
    I guess you failed to watch the question/answer portion in the last 25% or so of the video. Note that most of the participants are not agenda and or lifestyle compromised - meaning most are not dependent on funding by the cabal fronts such as foundations/universities.

Note the goal of the cabal is to gain more and more power over every aspect of human life and being. People who support the loss of freedom are almost always located in one of the three groups of the tri-partate.

The small portion of the tri-partate that consists of the witting sellouts are usually the loudest drum beaters. They do so day in and day out and on every available medium.
    Last edited by Chester, 29th August 2019 at 15:08.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    My bad, I just thought it was going to be a debate...I apologize for thinking it was going to present 'something' beyond mere propaganda masked in a facade of scientific numbers that literally had no true relevant context to Nay or Yay! Just me...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    The extreme Green* Progressive Left has created its inevitable counterpart - a responsive expression of tribalism from the right.

Yet is some cases, you have examples of those who stay true to doing the right thing such as General Dunford. Sadly, those in positions such as General Dunford are more and more rare to see.

‘I Just Won’t Do It’: General Dunford Rebuffs CNN Reporter Who Asks Him About Trump

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and Marine General Joseph Dunford fired back at a reporter who asked him about President Donald Trump during Wednesday’s Pentagon briefing.

Dunford was responding to CNN’s Pentagon correspondent Barbara Starr, who pressed him to give his opinion of Trump because “this may be our last opportunity to ask you.”

Starr referred to comments from former Secretary of Defense James Mattis, asking Dunford to comment both on Mattis’ assessment of the current political climate and then how he thought Trump had changed over time as Commander-in-Chief.

“Do you agree with Secretary Mattis, who you’ve known so many years, do you believe there is tribalism in this country that certainly threatens democracy?” Starr began. “And to ask you to also reflect as best you can on how you see President Trump changing over the last couple years as — in his role as Commander in Chief. We well know you do not like to talk about the president, but this may be our last opportunity to ask you, so I want to.”

“Barbara, as you know, I worked very hard to remain apolitical and not make political judgments,” Dunford replied, dismissing her first question out of hand. “And your first question is not in my lane. I worked hard to provide military advice to the second secretary, military advice to the president, other members of the National Security Council, and make sure our men and women have the wherewithal to do their job. I’m going to stay in that lane.”

But then Dunford took it a step further, telling Starr in no uncertain terms that he had no intention of ever offering comment on the president, even after he left the service of his country. “And that gets to the second part of your question: I will not now, nor will I when I take off the uniform, make judgments about the President of the United States or the Commander in Chief, I just won’t do it.”
    *Using the word Green in the context of Spiral Dynamics - not in the context of "environmental 'green.'"
    Last edited by Chester, 29th August 2019 at 15:07.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Emil El Zapato (29th August 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Ok, my honest opinion.

I think it is ridiculous, if not outrageously stupid to debate 'OMIGOD GLOBAL WARMING'

At 13 my daughter summed it up nicely...Why not just do what is best for the planet?

The extreme Green* Progressive Left has created its inevitable counterpart - a responsive expression of tribalism from the right.

Oh, Jesus, just like a bad marriage...Who threw the 1st blow? Who cares...just fix it or forget it.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Guys, just watch this one hour long scientific representation and give me your thoughts on it. I'd love to to hear them!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (29th August 2019), Chester (31st August 2019), Elen (30th August 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Ok, my honest opinion.

I think it is ridiculous, if not outrageously stupid to debate 'OMIGOD GLOBAL WARMING'

At 13 my daughter summed it up nicely...Why not just do what is best for the planet?

Oh, Jesus, just like a bad marriage...Who threw the 1st blow? Who cares...just fix it or forget it.
    Understand I used the term Green (as I clearly stated in the post) in regards to Spiral Dynamics which is a behavioral model and has been highlighted by Ken Wilber for several decades. I used the term in the precise context of how Ken Wilber used it in the video you, NAP, referred to in a post you made recently on another thread. I made this completely clear in my post yet you appear to have missed that or you would not have responded as you did.

Please review the video as well as my posts referencing (and quoting) Ken Wilber... his references to "Green" had nothing to do with climate change or "global warming."
    Last edited by Chester, 31st August 2019 at 17:44.

It's just a ride

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (31st August 2019), Elen (1st September 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st August 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019), modwiz (31st August 2019)

Thanks
    And now for the third time in 6 years I come uncannily close to the same place I landed the last two times I took this test.

Note: I decided I needed to take the test again because I was beginning to worry I might have shifted dramatically in my core, political views. Alas, I am only slightly less Libertarian than where I landed in the past and slightly further Left than where I landed in the past. I call this "The Trump Effect."

Interestingly, I am slightly less Libertarian and slightly more Left than Nelson Mandela. I am scarily not far from Bernie Sanders (probably overcompensating for the Trump Effect).

Name:  2019-08-31 - Sam Hunter - over 4 Libertarian and over 2 Left.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  100.9 KB

It's just a ride

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (1st September 2019), Catsquotl (1st September 2019), Fred Steeves (1st September 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019), Wind (1st September 2019)

Thanks
    One thing I face daily is my own cosmic justice...If i could accept the reality of that, I think my world would be a better place. In light of that, I am going to hold my oh so capable vicious tongue. I'll do my penance as the day progresses.

Here's an example, just for kicks...

My AC has been acting stupid for a week. I was convinced it was a bad thermostat. So I went and bought one, didn't support my system, so I exchanged it. I ended up after doing a thorough search for the original contractors that replaced my old system, 3 years ago, having them come out and fix it. Turns out the 2nd replacement thermostat was defective and blowing fuses, the technician was suggesting that I would have to pay for a new transformer, likely to cost upwards of a thousand dollars, but no, just a blown fuse....So after troubleshooting, he ended up putting the old thermostat back in...it appeared to work great, so after about 15 minutes he concluded that it was good and packed up his stuff. I managed to grab him before he drove off to tell him the minute he left it quit working. 3 hours later he came back, pissed, because I had called the contracting company to take another look at my system. It was 85 degrees in my house and I was miserable. The end result was rather than pay him 500.00 dollars for an 80.00 thermostat I ordered one from Amazon (at the tech's suggestion). So after paying him 217.00 to let me know that I was correct in the first place, I am typing this in an 85 degree home waiting for my thermostat to arrive tomorrow. I have a very strong intuition that the story does not end here.

I hope everyone enjoyed that little tale of the Trials and Tribulations of living in a world that doesn't have antigravity technology as much as I did...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 1st September 2019 at 16:34.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (1st September 2019), Chester (2nd September 2019), Elen (2nd September 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019), Wind (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    One thing I face daily is my own cosmic justice...If i could accept the reality of that, I think my world would be a better place. In light of that, I am going to hold my oh so capable vicious tongue. I'll do my penance as the day progresses.

Here's an example, just for kicks...

My AC has been acting stupid for a week. I was convinced it was a bad thermostat. So I went and bought one, didn't support my system, so I exchanged it. I ended up after doing a thorough search for the original contractors that replaced my old system, 3 years ago, having them come out and fix it. Turns out the 2nd replacement thermostat was defective and blowing fuses, the technician was suggesting that I would have to pay for a new transformer, likely to cost upwards of a thousand dollars, but no, just a blown fuse....So after troubleshooting, he ended up putting the old thermostat back in...it appeared to work great, so after about 15 minutes he concluded that it was good and packed up his stuff. I managed to grab him before he drove off to tell him the minute he left it quit working. 3 hours later he came back, pissed, because I had called the contracting company to take another look at my system. It was 85 degrees in my house and I was miserable. The end result was rather than pay him 500.00 dollars for an 80.00 thermostat I ordered one from Amazon (at the tech's suggestion). So after paying him 217.00 to let me know that I was correct in the first place, I am typing this in an 85 degree home waiting for my thermostat to arrive tomorrow. I have a very strong intuition that the story does not end here.

I hope everyone enjoyed that little tale of the Trials and Tribulations of living in a world that doesn't have antigravity technology as much as I did...
    I actually appreciated you sharing the story. Be happy you are not living here in Texas and having to experience this fiasco.

It's just a ride

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Elen (2nd September 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019), Wind (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    My Dearest Sammy,

I live in Houston, Texas...so whatever be the fiasco, I am sharing it.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Chester (2nd September 2019), Gio (2nd September 2019), Wind (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    Story isn't over, yet...

New thermostat another 100.00 same thing. I did make it run a little longer by staring at it. I expect the contracting company will be here in about 2 hours. I paid 10,000 dollars for this piece of poopoo 3 years ago...According to the company it is unfortunate that I didn't pay the extra 99.00 dollars at the time to get service coverage...that's funny but I'm not laughing I'm too damn hot.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Chester (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    My Dearest Sammy,

I live in Houston, Texas...so whatever be the fiasco, I am sharing it.
    Interesting as I thought California and also read your reference to 85 degrees (which is far below the highs here in Texas).

It's just a ride

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    I suppose I should be glad it isn't 105 in my house...yet.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Chester (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    I have purchased and installed a programmable thermostat in more than one house I lived in. The key was identifying the wires available from my system with where they should be connected on the back of the thermostat. Never spent more than $30.00 and it worked like a charm. Makes me wonder if your issue may not be the thermostat.
    Last edited by Chester, 3rd September 2019 at 02:13.

It's just a ride

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2019)

Thanks
    It wasn't...water auto shutoff or some such thing...likely going to cost me another 300 easy

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2019), Aragorn (2nd September 2019), Chester (3rd September 2019)