Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Chris. I realized I misunderstood your comment about non-viability of multiculturalism and it hits on my issue with Jordan peterson. How can we get where we need to be without passing through the transitory state of multiculturalism?
    Well, vastly different cultures can live together, at least for a while, but certain sacrifices need to be made, the consequences aren't always pleasant, and go against the very heart of liberalism.

In Singapore for instance, there are compulsory mixed neighbourhoods and ethnic or religious ghettoes aren't allowed to form. Criticising anybody's religion is illegal and can lead to a jail term. There is a police state of sorts and "problematic" minorities (read: Muslims) are strictly monitored via a large, secret, plain-clothed police force that is only half-acknowledged to exist. Freedom of speech and freedom of assembly are heavily curtailed. Praying must be done in houses of worship or in designated areas, you can't just stop what you're doing, get out of the car and start praying on the side of the road or wherever, as is common in many Islamic countries. There are very strict laws regarding rape and sexual harassment, with very harsh punishments, including caning and the death penalty in some cases.

It is the price a multicultural society has to pay to keep the various races (that's how the main ethnic/religious groups are classified in Singapore) from having a go at each other. Singapore was formed amidst serious race riots and much violence, so it is a priority for them. Also, because they're surrounded by much larger Islamic nations, their security situation is always precarious, not unlike Israel's actually. That means another sacrifice they have to make is to spend much more on defence than comparable nations and they do have to maintain a 2-year compulsory national service for all Singaporean males. This of course means less money for social programmes, a problem they have in common with the USA.

Still, the problem remains that unlike ethno-states with a dominant ethnic and religious majority, multicultural societies are always ready to combust below the surface and the situation is always more volatile than it appears. If I contrast that with monocultural ethnostates, it is clear to see that they have an advantage in terms of keeping the peace and maintaining societal harmony without the need to resort to extreme measures. I am just back from a week's holiday in Poland and apart from a couple of foreign tourists in the big cities, everyone I met was White, Polish and Catholic. It is actually somewhat disconcerting to be in such an environment if you're used to a multicultural big city such as London or New York. Still, you can't deny the advantages of not having to deal with Intra-community tensions, which is apparent also in countries such as Japan, probably the safest and most peaceful major country in the world.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chester (7th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th August 2019), Wind (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Eloquent argument. But there are always good arguments and justification to fall short of what we intuitively recognize as spiritual essence.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chris (8th August 2019), Dreamtimer (8th August 2019), Elen (8th August 2019), Wind (8th August 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    READER BEWARE - Monster Post*

*A request - if anyone wishes to comment on this, please, don't "snippet it up"... just refer to it and then write your own post, please.

Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    And the bottom-line is......GREED. Nobody wants to give it up.
    My own conclusions are the same and thus, of course (as I am unfortunately prone to do), I analyzed this and here are some of my thoughts.

Greed... greed for what? Money, "the options money provides," p o w e r (yes, a big one in fact), f a m e (another big one)... and on and on. And so what do all these things have in common?

Their view point.

And that then suggests an individual might benefit from examining what might be their underlying world view.

What do I mean by all that? These things I listed as 'objects of greed' are all things to be gained in this world (and the world experience). Thus this is anchored in the "worldly" point of view as in This World - the physical world, which then implies the point of view is emanating from the point of view centered from an individual's current life(time).

I am aware that my statements above are packed with implications which could be perceived as impositions. Let me point out a few. First, I imply there may be other (and thus, different) points of view. I also imply individuation... that we can view the world from a view point of an individuated being. Additionally, I imply there may be other lifetimes (experiences) which could be available to an individuated being. But be assured I am not meaning to impose anything on anyone who might read this post. I am asking the reader to open their mind. Try on some of these ideas like a new piece of clothing and see if you like it, if not, discard it and have a good day! But... if you read further, the point of the post is about to become clear.

What I discovered to be the root of greed had so much to do with one's cosmological metaphysical world view. Greed appears to focus upon what one can get in this one life.** It is always or most always self-centric (even if it attempts to hide itself by cloaking oneself in 'doing good deeds'). When it is not fully self-centric, what remains is usually group-centric. Rarely does it become world-centric. When I looked further, I saw that most folks base their cosmological metaphysical world view on materialism which, as a result, means they only actually believe they have this one life and only this one life. Many materialists actually don't know they are (so many never consider their world view or they assume there is only one real world view to have – materialism so why bother to think about it – just live it). Some have actually intellectually explored the idea there may be an afterlife or 'God' even to the point they intellectually convince themselves the safe route is to try and buy into a religion or a belief system, etc. but in reality they remain in the grips of at least a sub-conscious fear that it will all end upon their death, “Because after all, in truth... there is only this one life and since that is the case, grab all you can get out of it while you can,” (materially and/or psychologically).

Greed runs the external world as it is experienced today. Greed, coupled with varying degrees of psychopathy, combine to naturally produce the hierarchical leadership structure this world empowers to determine our freedoms (or lack thereof) as this relates to self-determination. We and our ancestors have allowed all this to become the world norm. We are all responsible for this current dynamic.

Now look even deeper... look at those who have opened their mind, “There may be more to it all than is explained by materialism.” The vast majority of those who then considered ‘God’ have chosen to see 'God' as an external third party. The vast majority of these folks end up either a.) defining their 'God' or b.) the majority - allow others to define ‘God’ for them. This always results in the need to define their God's 'rules' (dogma) and when a psychopathic charismatic leader guy comes along, it all gets combined into a new religion (or sub-branch within an overarching religion) and “voila!” - you end up with the proverbial two sided coin but again, the same coin - stark, hopeless materialism on one side and hope as delivered by an third party generated set of rules (again, the dogma) which cites an all-powerful yet external third party “God’ thingie which you better believe in the way you are told to believe in 'it' or you are screwed be there an afterlife.

But also (and perhaps most insidiously) there is the meat of the coin between the two sides... symbolically a slice between the two extremes noted above. Though most of these types of folks I am about to describe find themselves on one side or the other of this single coin, some may have arrived at a world view (many unknowingly) that is based on the 'belief' (dare I say, knowing ?) the world is One and it is founded by a one consciousness (the timeless, formless eternal one life), but they (at their level of being as an individuated being living this one life) have suffered such a degree of psychological trauma (in some cases, self-imposed and in some cases, externally imposed but usually a combination of both) that they have developed addictions to worldly things whereby they pursue the same results that greed produces and thus, unwittingly, yet by their thoughts, words and actions reinforce the concept of “gain from a greed based operational assumption.” And again, few actually suspect this and almost none actually know this (known via rare acts of self-honesty).

[Note: I started as a materialist, then in my late teens became a "searcher for that real third party ‘God' thingie" and not until aged 54 (I am almost 62 now) did I earnestly begin the process of undoing and only anchored my world view in monistic idealism three years ago. But that was the game changer. I assess my overall personal progress at about a rating of 3 or 4 on a scale of 1 to 10 though my wife might say I still score zeros from time to time].

So if I be 'enlightened' I would call it, 'stark, raving enlightened.' (I hope folks see the joke and don't mistake my implication of "enlightened" as something I actually believe I might be).

In closing -

The largest percentage of folks in our world today are caught up in the extremes of this three- fold dynamic. Few individuals ever engage in a "true to themselves" exploration into the true nature and true science of being. My opinion is that if each of us dedicated our lives to this task as their primary endeavor, the world as we know it today would no longer be recognized, instead it would be transformed into reflecting its true, greater potential.

My recommendation as to where to start with regards to any individual is to start with a serious, open minded study of idealism, specifically monistic idealism. As my opinion is that if each one of us is able to shift our world view away from materialism or away from viewing 'God' as an external third party, and that we do a serious personal deep-dive – do the internal work by undoing our self-deceptions - anchore the world view that, indeed, all is One and that ultimately, we are That, then we would all surely benefit.
    And David Icke's decades old belief that a massive consciousness shift is the much needed and transformative "world cure" would be proven true.

**There are some religions like the Temple of Set which focus upon the refinement of the individuated being which survives the death of their physical body of their current lifetime.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (9th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (9th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th August 2019), modwiz (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Some here may "gleen" my respect for David Icke.

David has seen a lot. Here's his take on QAnon -

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H5VWcmDA6w

His primary point is that the goal is to buy time. I guess we'll see but, of course, only can we do so when we can look back. By then "the time bought" will be fully paid for.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th August 2019), Aragorn (10th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (10th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I thought 'bird' was the word. It's bollocks.

Everything is so clear, now.

I haven't been following Q, and I'm interested to hear that there's now a 'wait and see' dynamic happening.

DrIp, drip, drip,...just wait!

Drip, drip, drip,...just wait!

Drip, drip, drip,...just wait!

Familiar pattern I see.

At 16 minutes David talks about how things are changing for the better regarding peoples' awareness and opinions.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I thought 'bird' was the word.
    No, "grease" is the word. It's got groove, it's got meaning.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Now why didn't I think of that?

Maybe Q knows...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    What I got out of what Icke was saying is that Q is an "op" to get Q followers to think everything is gonna work out just fine when the real goal is to pacify these folks so they are more compliant along the road to the day when suddenly there's a realization that the agenda is now fully implemented and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

If this is what he is suggesting and there's truth to it, then I think that pokes a big hole in the balloon of Q groupies.

It's just a ride

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    What I got out of what Icke was saying is that Q is an "op" to get Q followers to think everything is gonna work out just fine when the real goal is to pacify these folks so they are more compliant along the road to the day when suddenly there's a realization that the agenda is now fully implemented and there ain't nothing you can do about it.

If this is what he is suggesting and there's truth to it, then I think that pokes a big hole in the balloon of Q groupies.
    With all due respect for David Icke, I think he's wrong about this one, except perhaps for the Zionist angle, because QAnon has been co-opted by the Israeli intelligence along the way.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Chester (11th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I met David Icke in person many years ago, when there was a rally against child abuse on Trafalgar Square.

He's gotta lay off the pies for all our sakes, or soon he won't be able to move...

On a more serious note, his point about Q-anon is spot on. Also, what he says about the Soros networks, sometimes the guy's influence is overblown and he's demonised, not least in my country, where he's originally from and has done the most "activism" in proportion to the size of the country, but it cannot be denied that he is indeed a serious manipulator, regime changer and does a lot of groundwork for US foreign policy interests. I think Icke's description of Soros working hand in glove with the Neocons, as two sided of the same coin, is spot-on.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Chester (11th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    On a more serious note, his point about Q-anon is spot on. Also, what he says about the Soros networks, sometimes the guy's influence is overblown and he's demonised, not least in my country, where he's originally from and has done the most "activism" in proportion to the size of the country, but it cannot be denied that he is indeed a serious manipulator, regime changer and does a lot of groundwork for US foreign policy interests. I think Icke's description of Soros working hand in glove with the Neocons, as two sided of the same coin, is spot-on.
    That much is certainly true. Soros is one of the guys from the Rockefeller-Kissinger-Brzezinsky club. They are ─ or were, because two of them are already dead now ─ the driving force behind corporate globalism and American world dominance. Trilateral Commission, Council on Foreign Relations, and that sort of thing. The club of elite US hegemonists that Bush Sr., Obama, both Clintons, Dick Cheney and yet a bunch of others are(/were) also members of.

You know, it always baffles me whenever some multi-billionaire is touted in the media as being a philanthropist. Doesn't anyone ever wonder how those jokers got their billions together in the first place?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Chester (11th August 2019), Chris (11th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    You know, it always baffles me whenever some multi-billionaire is touted in the media as being a philanthropist. Doesn't anyone ever wonder how those jokers got their billions together in the first place?
    Sure they do, but usually it's politicized. Most of the Right Right will vilify Soros while making every excuse in the book for the Koch brothers; the Left will vilify the Koch brothers while making every excuse in the book for Soros. And so it goes round and round, nothing ever changing with each side excusing their own while vilifying "the other"...
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (11th August 2019), Chester (11th August 2019), Chris (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Sure they do, but usually it's politicized. Most of the Right Right will vilify Soros while making every excuse in the book for the Koch brothers; the Left will vilify the Koch brothers while making every excuse in the book for Soros. And so it goes round and round, nothing ever changing with each side excusing their own while vilifying "the other"...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (11th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), Wind (11th August 2019)

Thanks
    With all due respect for David Icke, I think he's wrong about this one, except perhaps for the Zionist angle, because QAnon has been co-opted by the Israeli intelligence along the way.
    OK, and how are you drawing this conclusion? Do you have an information source or two that builds a reasonably sound case for this? Please, point me to the information as I am now in the "Q(ueue)" with those who are wondering what's true and what may not be.

It's just a ride

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (11th August 2019), Elen (12th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2019), JRS (14th August 2019), Wind (12th August 2019)

Thanks
    Another shout out to Fred for turning me on to Jimmy Dore -

It's just a ride

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2019), Aragorn (12th August 2019), Dreamtimer (12th August 2019), Elen (12th August 2019), Wind (12th August 2019)