Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Guys, just watch this one hour long scientific representation and give me your thoughts on it. I'd love to to hear them!
    Thank you very much for this heads up.

I agree, we should not pollute our air, our water and our soil.

I agree, data selection matters.

The last thing I think that matters is that those who are willing to share their climate causes/changes opinions be well versed in the subject void of an agenda other to be helpful to the understanding of climate changes. If they make presentations such as the one cited by Wind, they must be thorough, honest and truthful. This video appeared very thorough.

Without knowing with any real ability to know (I don't have any formal education with regards to climate science) if the presenters of this material (Ben Davidson - SpaceWeatherNews and Professor Dr. Brian Tinsley, UT - Dallas) are free of any forced agenda and are extensive experts in the subject whereby they are making their presentation honestly and truthfully but they appear to be so. My intuition says they are good guys who simply want a thorough examination of what may actually be with regards to climate change.

If my intuition is correct of the above then that also confirms my intuition not to trust at all whatsoever the "global warming zealots" was also correct. Regardless and as Davidson states at the beginning and the end of the video -

We should not pollute our air, our water and our soil.

To that I say, "Duh!"

As to the power takeover / economic takeover efforts of the Al Gore/AOC types - "go pound sand."

And on another note - Aianawah is everywhere!

Micro - NAPs climate issue

Macro - Wind's climate change video (concerning the Earth and our Sun)
    Last edited by Chester, 3rd September 2019 at 13:32.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2019), Aragorn (3rd September 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2019), Elen (3rd September 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2019), modwiz (3rd September 2019), Wind (3rd September 2019)

Thanks
    I am getting so tired of saycism. If saycism continues, the emotionally vulnerable saycists and those who reach their limit with regard to saycism will clash to the point it becomes violent. Eventually all out war will occur.

Exactly what the AREs want.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Aragorn (3rd September 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2019), modwiz (4th September 2019), Wind (4th September 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Saycism?

Gingrich, Rove, et al, taught us to just keep saying things over and over again so folks will believe. They gave us lists of words to use. Hammer them home. Beat the drum.

Is that an example of 'saycism'?

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Aragorn (3rd September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2019), Wind (3rd September 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Saycism?

Gingrich, Rove, et al, taught us to just keep saying things over and over again so folks will believe. They gave us lists of words to use. Hammer them home. Beat the drum.

Is that an example of 'saycism'?
    First, taught who? Who is in your "us?" Are you in your "us?" Who else is in your "us?" Could you name any other human being to be within the group you called "us?" Seriously, you use the term "we" and "us" all the time with a clear intent to imply "everyone." Please, stop this as I am not in your "we" or "us" most of the time.

In addition, you come on my thread to ask a question which I truly appreciate and would truly love to answer, yet you have to frame your question within a political framework as both people you cited (prior to your et al.) are two Republican operatives. DT, you appear truly intelligent enough and aware enough and educated enough to have heard of Joseph Goebbels who is the modern attributee of the tactic you pin to others. If you have done further homework you may be familiar with Machiavelli. But this tactic dates back to time immemorial and is found in various similar forms throughout known history. It is telling that your intention is clearly political. Why?

Understand saycism is an act that is being committed at levels never imaginable by the sane yet has become a prolific tactic resorted to by those who have no ability to engage in honest discussion about most if not all issues.

But to honor your request, I will be happy to define the word, saycism, which is actions committed by a saycist.

A saycist is a person that calls someone a racist or points out a behavior that they then claim is racist, when there is no rational basis to make the claim.

Here is a recent great example:

“Climate scientists have found that the effects of climate change are harsher on the Global south, which is primarily populated by people of color. So to do nothing about climate change, or to support policies that are driving climate change, is to be racist...”
    Ibram Kendi

Another form of saycism is the recent trend where some folks state that all white people are automatically racist just for being white. To say that is saycist.

I hope my definition and two examples have cleared up any confusion.
    Last edited by Chester, 4th September 2019 at 02:09.

It's just a ride

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Fred Steeves (4th September 2019), modwiz (4th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Am wee bit confused, you sayin DT is a sayist ?.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Me too!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Dreamtimer (5th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Regarding climate change, the road to hell is paved with good intentions...

Children are the political tool of choice in the hands of shameless propagandists

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Chester (7th September 2019), Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    A lot of truth...I know my daughter since childhood has been eco aware, I'm a little ambivalent about patriotic propaganda, nationalism and other propaganda that is intended for self-serving ends versus a literal positive push to save Gaia?

As I said ambivalent, I'll let those interested sort it out for me...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019), Wind (4th September 2019)

Thanks
    For Whatever It's Worth: Our natural inclination is to divide into 'We' and 'Us', as well as, 'Us' and 'Them'. One of the Seven Deadly Sins. If we choose to not be 'Us' or 'We', then by derivation we have separated into 'Them' versus 'Us'

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th September 2019), Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Elen (4th September 2019), Kitsune (5th September 2019), Wind (4th September 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Gingrich was on the floor of the House being broadcast by CSPAN for any and all Americans to hear.

"We" are Americans. As in "We the People".

One of the reasons folks called him brilliant is that he got all that air time for free and got his message out to many many folks.

I'm using the language of our Forefathers. We are all Americans. Maybe you consider yourself to be in a special club, Sammy. I don't know what that is.

We the people should be working together to figure out how to deal with whatever climate change comes to affect all of us.

Sorry you don't like basic pronouns, but I will continue to use them.

Just like our Founding Fathers did. (am I sexist for referring to 'fathers'? no, of course not)
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 5th September 2019 at 14:45.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (6th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2019)

Thanks
    Gingrich had a local partner - a former bug killer. When he was running for office I went to my daughter's school...a voting arena where my daughter's intellectual rival's father was head of the Republican committee. Speaking with the local Democrat head, I said flat out within earshot of the Republican head his guy running was a psychopath which the Dem naturally agreed with me. I felt compelled to state my opinion. Lying c*cks*ckers. I think the bug killer eventually served time.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th September 2019), Elen (6th September 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    saycist and saycism... that was what my post was about. As for DT, I have never experienced her saying anything saycist and so I would never be able to accuse her of saycism. But also, if DT did commit saycism, I would not be able to call her a saycist on this forum as the forum has an ad hominem rule (and its a very good rule). Still... and let;s make this very clear, DT (as far as I know and certainly as far as I have ever read on this forum) has never been a saycist.

Understand, in this thread I like to post what's on my mind and it often has nothing to do with a recent series of posts or to be construed as a response to someone else's post.

One final comment, I would never assume I could be any sort of authority as to DT's character, but from what I have read from her, I cannot conceive she would ever commit saycism.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

"We" are Americans. As in "We the People".
    In this case, his use of the word, "we" appears appropriate and accurate based on the context you imply he was using the word - in referring to Americans.

I am an American, I sense you are an American and I sense that the folks he was referring to were Americans.

Sometimes the word "we" can be used and simultaneously be accurate in its usage. Its all about the context which the word, "we," is being used. I think this is just known to common sense, yes? But that's just my guess (and current opinion).

As for the reference to "we" with regards to "climate change" there was the insinuation in your usage of "we" that all the rest of us agree that the legitimate degree to which humans cause any sort of negatively impacting climate change is equal to or exceeds the legitimate degree of concern "we" should have regarding the ongoing stability of the world as that relates to a stable world economy.

Some of us don't agree the wreckage and fallout as a result of implementing programs the current climate chaos zealots wish to impose is worth the world economy melting down which would end worthwhile life. I am one of those who does not agree. I do not like being placed in a group referred to as "we" where the premise for being a part of that group is an imposed assumption. To do that to others is wrong. I do not want it done to me. I push back when this is done to me and I acquiesce to that form of manipulation and virtue signaling.
    Last edited by Chester, 7th September 2019 at 23:54.

It's just a ride

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th September 2019), Elen (7th September 2019)

Thanks
    something tells me this fits somewhere on this forum...

synesthesia

http://www.synesthesia.info/Steen-Au...Art_Review.pdf

It's just a ride

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2019), Dreamtimer (8th September 2019), Wind (8th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post

synesthesia
    I have that too for numbers and I thought everyone sees things like that.

In my mind 1 is white, 2 is green, 3 is blue, 4 is red, 5 is yellow, 6 is brown, other numbers are not so defined with their colors.

Don't ask why.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th September 2019), Dreamtimer (8th September 2019), Elen (10th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th September 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post

synesthesia

http://www.synesthesia.info/Steen-Au...Art_Review.pdf
    Yep, I have synesthesia as well. It's an autism spectrum manifestation.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (8th September 2019), Elen (10th September 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th September 2019), Wind (8th September 2019)