Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 266

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

  1. #106
    Retired Member United States
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks
    4,681
    Thanked 5,886 Times in 1,143 Posts
    YES DT, that's why I really like TOT. I feel as long as I can be respectful, I can express anything I want to express.

  2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (5th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Wind (6th July 2019)

  3. #107
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,235
    Thanks
    29,375
    Thanked 25,890 Times in 5,910 Posts
    Indeed Sammy, Feel that a flat Earther could start a thread and be safe here lol.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (6th July 2019)

  5. #108
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    50,932
    Thanked 40,640 Times in 9,007 Posts
    Well, cats would have already pushed everything off if it were so...


  6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), Kitsune (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (6th July 2019), Wind (6th July 2019)

  7. #109
    Retired Member United States
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks
    4,681
    Thanked 5,886 Times in 1,143 Posts
    These two managed to push us off our bed... but the whole flat earth?

    Name:  Two Cats.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  262.8 KB
    Last edited by Sammy, 6th July 2019 at 14:27.

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), Kitsune (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Wind (6th July 2019)

  9. #110
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    50,932
    Thanked 40,640 Times in 9,007 Posts
    It was just a joke. We have had interviews with Eric Dubay posted here. It wasn't a problem.

    Here's a video Aianawa just posted that has flat earth in it.

    I've discussed Nibiru here more than once. That's considered to be pretty out there and as I've seen, it's pretty much not a welcomed subject over at PA.

  10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), Kitsune (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (6th July 2019)

  11. #111
    Retired Member United States
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks
    4,681
    Thanked 5,886 Times in 1,143 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It was just a joke. We have had interviews with Eric Dubay posted here. It wasn't a problem.
    Ohhh apologies, my never mind was because I had written a post I chose to change and had nothing to do with yours, Dreamtimer, as yours hadn't even showed up yet when I was writing mine... BUT! please go back up and re-look at mine as I have edited it especially for you.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (15th July 2019)

  13. #112
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    50,932
    Thanked 40,640 Times in 9,007 Posts
    I just saw.

    We just stayed at a place that had four kittens just a few weeks old. Adorable to the max. Mom was even training them with a chipmunk, which was a little sad, but also good since they'll need that training.

  14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (6th July 2019)

  15. #113
    Senior Member Falkland Islands The Reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th July 2017
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 208 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It was just a joke. We have had interviews with Eric Dubay posted here. It wasn't a problem.

    Here's a video Aianawa just posted that has flat earth in it.

    I've discussed Nibiru here more than once. That's considered to be pretty out there and as I've seen, it's pretty much not a welcomed subject over at PA.

    Hi Dreamtimer.

    Can you share your thoughts on Nibiru, succinctly? Interested in a hearin what you be thinking of possible large bodieness awandarin in our system of solarity.

  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Reader For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (7th July 2019)

  17. #114
    Senior Member Hungary
    Join Date
    10th July 2018
    Posts
    727
    Thanks
    1,740
    Thanked 3,672 Times in 725 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by The Reader View Post
    Hi Dreamtimer.

    Can you share your thoughts on Nibiru, succinctly? Interested in a hearin what you be thinking of possible large bodieness awandarin in our system of solarity.
    Although you addressed the question to DT, I hope you don't mind if I chime in.

    Whilst there may additional planets circling the sun, we're not currently aware of (astronomists currently think it is very likely based on gravitational data), the idea that the term "Nibiru", as found in the Enuma Elish, is an extra planet on an irregular orbit that returns to the inner solar system every 5000 years, was completely made up by Zecharia Sitchin, I'm afraid.

    What not a lot of people know (but Bill Ryan has confirmed to me, as he knew Sitchin personally), is that much of Sitchin's material came from channelling and not from actually translating ancient Sumerian clay tablets. Most of his translations were highly inaccurate anyways.

    The scholars who have translated said clay tablets think that Nibiru is a Sumerian term for the Equinox, so it is an astrological phenomenon, not an actual fixed planet. It can mean any number of planets, depending on when and where an Equinox occurs. At certain times in the past it referred to Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and certain star constellations, such as Lybra.

    There is also the problem, that if there was indeed a rogue planet on an irregular orbit, such as Sitchin's hypothetical Nibiru, it would be outside the habitable zone of the solar system for most of its existence, thousands of years at a time and would only be technically habitable when it crossed earth's orbit. Most of the time, it would be a lifeless, frozen rock or a gas giant.

    My own hunch is, that both Mars and Venus were habitable in the distant past and if the gods of myth are from somewhere inside the solar system, those two planets would be likely candidates, as well as some of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn. Recently it has been revealed, that Venus was in fact habitable millions of years ago. Mars is also showing signs of possible past life. I think new discoveries will be made in this field pretty rapidly, so hold on to your seats!

  18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (6th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (7th July 2019), The Reader (6th July 2019), Wind (6th July 2019)

  19. #115
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    3,862
    Thanks
    15,008
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 3,860 Posts
    that was the word i've been looking for...judgmental...we should eliminate that word from the lexicon but in actuality we need it to help us differentiate what actions are in favor of humanity and those that aren't.
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (6th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019), Kitsune (7th July 2019)

  21. #116
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    50,932
    Thanked 40,640 Times in 9,007 Posts
    Actually, these answers are why I'm interested. I like to know what folks think and believe. Especially when there are so many folks still writing and talking about it.

    I'm more inclined to look at the cycles of comets as a possible destructive force than a rogue planet. I do believe that we'd notice the effects of a rogue planet, which would be large.

    Life has taught me many times that the 'impossible' is in fact possible so I tend not to rule things out completely.

    I don't know what the odds are, but a bunch of arctic melting will cause a bunch of environmental upheaval.


    We're in for some rocky times whatever the origin. My Dad taught me when I was young that we were lucky to have been living in a calm time climatically, because the history of the earth shows us that it won't last.

    I believe we play a role in climate, maybe not as big as some say.

    I also think the solar system may have some cycles that we don't understand yet.

    I have some concern about the weakening magnetic field, which is happening at a time of increased cosmic rays. We're lucky at the moment that the sun isn't heaving massive ejections at us.

    Nibiru isn't something I've talked about in a while and I haven't looked at anything on the subject in a while.

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (7th July 2019), The Reader (6th July 2019)

  23. #117
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    3,862
    Thanks
    15,008
    Thanked 17,211 Times in 3,860 Posts
    I tend to agree with you Chris on the subject of Nibiru...somehow overlooked by most believers. I hope you're right as that would be pretty exciting.
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (12th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019)

  25. #118
    Super Moderator United States Dreamtimer's Avatar
    Join Date
    7th April 2015
    Location
    Patapsco Valley
    Posts
    9,090
    Thanks
    50,932
    Thanked 40,640 Times in 9,007 Posts
    I like to distinguish between being judgmental, which is emotional, often based in belief and religion, and often irrational.

    On the other hand, we each have a responsibility to use our judgement in life. We have to judge how to act, where to put our resources, who to make alliances with. Which is why we need to educate ourselves in all kinds of ways.

  26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Bob (6th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019), Kitsune (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (7th July 2019)

  27. #119
    Senior Member Falkland Islands The Reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th July 2017
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 208 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Although you addressed the question to DT, I hope you don't mind if I chime in.

    Whilst there may additional planets circling the sun, we're not currently aware of (astronomists currently think it is very likely based on gravitational data), the idea that the term "Nibiru", as found in the Enuma Elish, is an extra planet on an irregular orbit that returns to the inner solar system every 5000 years, was completely made up by Zecharia Sitchin, I'm afraid.

    What not a lot of people know (but Bill Ryan has confirmed to me, as he knew Sitchin personally), is that much of Sitchin's material came from channelling and not from actually translating ancient Sumerian clay tablets. Most of his translations were highly inaccurate anyways.

    The scholars who have translated said clay tablets think that Nibiru is a Sumerian term for the Equinox, so it is an astrological phenomenon, not an actual fixed planet. It can mean any number of planets, depending on when and where an Equinox occurs. At certain times in the past it referred to Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and certain star constellations, such as Lybra.

    There is also the problem, that if there was indeed a rogue planet on an irregular orbit, such as Sitchin's hypothetical Nibiru, it would be outside the habitable zone of the solar system for most of its existence, thousands of years at a time and would only be technically habitable when it crossed earth's orbit. Most of the time, it would be a lifeless, frozen rock or a gas giant.

    My own hunch is, that both Mars and Venus were habitable in the distant past and if the gods of myth are from somewhere inside the solar system, those two planets would be likely candidates, as well as some of the moons around Jupiter and Saturn. Recently it has been revealed, that Venus was in fact habitable millions of years ago. Mars is also showing signs of possible past life. I think new discoveries will be made in this field pretty rapidly, so hold on to your seats!

    Brilliant.

    Thank you for that. I agree with your thoughts about Mars and Venus, especially Mars. There be a kinship between this world an t'other, fo sho.

  28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Reader For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (12th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (15th July 2019)

  29. #120
    Senior Member Falkland Islands The Reader's Avatar
    Join Date
    15th July 2017
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 208 Times in 34 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Actually, these answers are why I'm interested. I like to know what folks think and believe. Especially when there are so many folks still writing and talking about it.

    I'm more inclined to look at the cycles of comets as a possible destructive force than a rogue planet. I do believe that we'd notice the effects of a rogue planet, which would be large.

    Life has taught me many times that the 'impossible' is in fact possible so I tend not to rule things out completely.

    I don't know what the odds are, but a bunch of arctic melting will cause a bunch of environmental upheaval.


    We're in for some rocky times whatever the origin. My Dad taught me when I was young that we were lucky to have been living in a calm time climatically, because the history of the earth shows us that it won't last.

    I believe we play a role in climate, maybe not as big as some say.

    I also think the solar system may have some cycles that we don't understand yet.

    I have some concern about the weakening magnetic field, which is happening at a time of increased cosmic rays. We're lucky at the moment that the sun isn't heaving massive ejections at us.

    Nibiru isn't something I've talked about in a while and I haven't looked at anything on the subject in a while.

    Yes, lucky we be.

    But for how long can that luck hold? Fractions of fractions is all it would take, tis a fine balancing act upon a cosmic scale, humongous scale. And I agree about the changing climate, the climate has/is always in flux. I think cows have produced more CO2 than we hoomans, but we should not be acting like a virus upon our host. We been devolving sine the industrial revolution.

  30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Reader For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (6th July 2019), Aragorn (6th July 2019), Dreamtimer (12th July 2019), Elen (7th July 2019), NotAPretender (6th July 2019), Sammy (7th July 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •