Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Indeed Wind, shutting down souls roles by belief trolls molls tearing holes n poking poles, even if a reality needed on behalf of forum, can still be reflected upon for ones own love, triggers n all, imo.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (29th May 2019), Elen (25th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019), modwiz (25th May 2019), Wind (25th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Everyone and everything has it's role to play.
    And what is important...each in their own way...but as Snoop would say...there are two powerful forces at play in the world...just for kicks let's call them Vishnu and Shiva. Preserve and Destroy not in opposition but always at opposite goals. From reading Dr. Strange comic books I came to respect Vishnu and in typical Western fashion I just can't get behind Shiva (programming). It seems Shiva's work in the Western world has lost its way. Destructive versus constructive. In my 'humble' opinion constructive should take precedence.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 25th May 2019 at 23:51.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (29th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019), Wind (25th May 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Especially constructive conversation...

And so last night I dared to peek at what might have been the reply's to my posts. Posts whereby I did my best to try and make them in such a way they would not be interpreted as provocations but instead just seen in the same spirit as what were my true goals in making them and that I would be seen as being honest (I did not say "good" or "right" or "correct"), where I laid out my concerns coupled with self-transparency and that my goal was to set the stage for productive, constructive dialogue where eventually I might feel free enough (brave enough?) to actually state where I stand (today - as I always reserve the right to shift my views and even change them completely) in this catch-all "climate change" issue and all the ramifications of how the issue is being presented and propagated.

And so... (drum roll, please) - my much feared "peek" transformed into a rather pleasant surprise - so much so that a tear or two came to my eyes. I was overcome by emotion and thus made the decision it would be best to post the next day (which is now).

And so I will now reply to some of the comments but before I do, because I saw this question from NAP - "Is he your friend?" I felt it most important to answer this one first.

I discovered this thread because I was interested to see where things had gone with "the Watchdog" idea and when I clicked into that area I immediately saw the Sub-Forum (it sort of stands out as it is at the top and is... a sub-forum) - Proven Hoaxes and Misinformation and so I "bit" and this particular thread stood out on the list. - [Misinformation & Alt-Right Propaganda] Here we go . Globalises monetise climate change hoax. Now, because I happen to have my own particular "take" and "personal position" on the massively complex matter lumped under a single (currently popular) title called "Climate Change" (used to be "Global Warming" which is still often resurrected) I decided to read the OP.

His opening statement made it clear that he was laser focused on the hoax aspect and his opinion as to why such would be initiated and promoted. This type of opinion is not all that uncommon. But additionally, it is an opinion held by all sorts of folks, many would not properly be labeled as "alt-right."

I continued to read. It was soon my guess that the rest of the post was a copy/paste of something he came across (a news item) in the internet.

Now that was his entire post.

And this was the first post I ever knowingly read from this poster that was going by the name Christopher. I guess it is possible this poster has used a different name either here or on other forums and that I might have read some. But this was the first (and also last) post I ever read of Christopher's.

In addition, I do not know this poster... or at least I do not think I do. I have to write this caveat because, again, I may have had interactions with the actual "writer" that chose to use the name Christopher, but I don't think so.

In addition, I do not associate with any groups that might remotely be considered "alt-right" by those who actually have the ability and stability to make such calls. Meaning not by the emotionally compromised who might, as an example, consider the fact that I recently brought my step-daughter to the Dallas Police (thus I have been associating with the Dallas Police) because she is currently being harassed by a stalker and things got real weird... ...that this be considered as associating with an "alt-right" group. I mention this example because I have encountered the Dallas Police being labeled "alt-right" on the internet. In fact, someone with that very "belief" (among other beliefs) shot and killed five Dallas Police officers on July 7, 2016. (see here though twistopedia leaves out the "alt-right" reference for the sake of "political correctness."

So I hope that I am believed that I do not know Christopher. So that can eliminate the possibility that he is my friend.
    Last edited by Chester, 25th May 2019 at 17:12.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (30th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019)

Thanks
    Interesting Sammy...I think you are a sincere person...sincerity without taint is a very positive characteristic. But Dallas... Sorry about your daughter that really sucks and I can feel your pain regarding that. Dallas, on a larger scale is much like Lubbock which is where I went to grad school. Everyone hates everyone. I lived in Fort Worth for a couple of years and I remember driving down I-20 and I-30 watching road rage escalate the closer I got to Dallas. As one co-worker remarked, they started out yelling at one another and by the time one hits Dallas they are shooting at each other.

Just my opinion, of course...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Chester (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (30th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    [...] I have found myself in similar situations on a few occasions, and I believe that this particular conundrum might be intended ─ by the universe ─ as more of a challenge than as an obstacle. Because ─ at least, in my own experience, and yours may of course vary ─ a situation like that cannot continue to persist and must eventually come to some kind of resolution, whereby you then need to reveal whatever you need to reveal in order to protect yourself and/or someone else. As if the universe is coercing you to throw the cards out on the table in order to force everyone to face the truth about themselves.
    @ Aragorn - odds are that "the revelations" will occur.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Dreamtimer (30th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Interesting Sammy...I think you are a sincere person...sincerity without taint is a very positive characteristic. But Dallas... Sorry about your daughter that really sucks and I can feel your pain regarding that. Dallas, on a larger scale is much like Lubbock which is where I went to grad school. Everyone hates everyone. I lived in Fort Worth for a couple of years and I remember driving down I-20 and I-30 watching road rage escalate the closer I got to Dallas. As one co-worker remarked, they started out yelling at one another and by the time one hits Dallas they are shooting at each other.

Just my opinion, of course...
    My experience is quite the opposite. I was born here and raised here yet spent a good 10 years of my life both in other parts of the US and a good 20 years of my life outside the US. I find Dallas one of the more friendly cities on earth. Dallas has also grown to be quite multi-cultural. I only returned to live (primarily) in Dallas 7 years ago and really enjoy being here.

Where are you from, where have you lived and where do you live now, NAP, besides the few places you mentioned above?

Ohhh and my experience with Ft. Worth is very positive. I have lot's of friends over that way and they are definitely a bit more laid back than what I experience in Dallas.

It's just a ride

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Houston...

Hey Sammy,

ok, you forced me...I have noticed an uptick in basic humanity in Dallas. I think they are in the process of erasing/changing their legacy. I'm always hopeful...

I grew up in small town Kansas...almost as bad as Texas....historically. But we do have John Brown...

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th May 2019), Aragorn (25th May 2019), Chester (28th May 2019), Dreamtimer (30th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    And what is important...each in their own way...but as Snoop would say...there are two powerful forces at play in the world...just for kicks let's call them Vishnu and Shiva. Preserve and Destroy not in opposition but always at opposite goals. From reading Dr. Strange comic books I came to respect Vishnu and in typical Western fashion I just can't get behind Shiva (programming). It seems Shiva's work in the Western world has lost its way. Destructive versus constructive. In my 'humble' opinion constructive should take precedence.
    It's just like the dude said, the weeds grow by themselves. It's the garden which we must cultivate. The garden is not anger and hate and fear. Those are the weeds.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2019), Aragorn (29th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th May 2019), Kitsune (29th May 2019), Wind (30th May 2019)

Thanks
    There are many paths...

I noticed that Christopher made a big deal about my title when I posted the Joe Rogan piece. I didn't respond at the time because it was not worth the effort.

My presentation was neutral. The reason for that is that I am aware of my title and I don't want to push things as if they are authority.

I don't 'advise' people to peruse long posts or threads of mine so as to 'get up to speed' in the conversation. That's not my job. If someone like Christopher is able to think for themselves then my title shouldn't be an issue.

And he lectured us about Agenda 21 as if it's a foreign subject. Divine Feminie certainly made sure it wasn't. I doubt he bothered to even look. He was full of judgement from the get-go.

He showed himself out the door.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2019), Aragorn (30th May 2019), Chester (30th May 2019), Elen (2nd June 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2019), Wind (30th May 2019)

Thanks
    Man this "global warming" has got to stop!

Ohhhh maybe it did? If so, what did "man" do to make this happen???

https://dailycaller.com/2019/06/07/n...cier-warnings/

It's just a ride

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2019), Aragorn (8th June 2019), Dreamtimer (7th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2019), Kitsune (7th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    That was funny, Sammy.

I can't get over the fact that people keep talking about weather and pretending that they're talking about climate.

How can we even discuss humans' (possible) impact when people don't even want to try to understand climate versus weather?

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th June 2019), Aragorn (8th June 2019), Chester (8th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2019), Kitsune (7th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Much imo of both are tied to humanities emotional bodies, micro n macro.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2019), Chester (8th June 2019), Dreamtimer (7th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    Climate and weather are a good micro and macro.

The former happens over minutes/hours, the latter happens over decades/centuries/millenia.

We are but one factor in the cycles of climate.

We should at least be aware of the potential to be a catalyst.

The catalyst doesn't cause the reaction and never would.

However, it can speed a reaction up massively.

This is why catalysts are crucial.

And why we should at least try to be aware of our role rather than be in denial.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2019), Chester (8th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2019), Kitsune (8th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I can't get over the fact that people keep talking about weather and pretending that they're talking about climate.

How can we even discuss humans' (possible) impact when people don't even want to try to understand climate versus weather?
    Well, the weather is inherently linked to the climate, and disruptions in the overall climatic balance can have sudden and extreme repercussions on the weather, which in turn can feed back onto the larger climatic balance.

They are two sides of the same coin, and they are reciprocating.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (8th June 2019), Dreamtimer (8th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2019), Kitsune (8th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)

Thanks
    The increase in extreme weather was being predicted when I was a child. This was due to studies of long-term climate change. My dad explained to me that humans had been living in a very nice, gentle climate cycle and that it was going to change. It wasn't framed simply as warming when I was growing up.

Warming was one prediction, and cold was another. Extremes were going to be part of climate change regardless of whether the trends were warm or cold.

And that is how it has been unfolding.

You're right, Aragorn. They do feed on each other, and we may be a catalyst.

What do you think, Sam?

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th June 2019), Chester (8th June 2019), Elen (8th June 2019), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2019), Kitsune (8th June 2019), Wind (8th June 2019)