Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Thanks
    Thanked 43,202 Times in 11,965 Posts
    I don’t know about u but I would have a gun a big and fast one
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,135 Times in 20,318 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I don’t know about u but I would have a gun a big and fast one
    It does pay off to include at least part of a quote in your posts, you know. Because now we don't know whom you're talking to.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    Sooooo, not a peep in relation to my analogy.

And so more and more bubbles percolate.

And the direction remains the same and stable.

I wish us well.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Ban all the guns, and the only ones who'll still have (and use) them will be criminals, power-hungry and trigger-happy cops, and the military-industrial complex. Is that really the world you would want to live in?

I'm afraid you're the one writing inaccuracies and falsehoods here, Chris.

The average IQ is always 100 for any given population, because that's what the meridian is calibrated against, and the meridian is always 100. And when it comes to IQ scores in the USA versus in the rest of the world, then someone with an IQ of 150 in the USA commonly corresponds to someone with an IQ of about 125-130 in Europe. This is a statistical fact. Likewise, Singapore and India score much better in the tests, so if you have an IQ of 125 in Singapore, then that would probably correspond to an IQ of 140-150 in Europe. But ─ and again, this is a documented fact ─ when the averages of all countries are compared on a single scale, then the USA doesn't even make the Top-10.

In the USA, it is also not uncommon for teenagers to be allowed to skip high school and enter college at the age of 15. But if you then compare the first four years of college training in the USA to Europe, then that's about on par with a European high school education in an academic direction ─ note: I'm not talking of the technical or professional branches of secondary school in Europe, because those have lower standards than the academic directions.

I'm afraid you've misread me, because you are talking about countries in the sense of politically established nations with borders and governments, while I am talking of countries in the sense of the cultures that inhabit them.

To give you an example, the Belgians as a people have been around from long before the Roman Empire came along, albeit that they lived in different groups ─ tribes, if you will ─ and with different means of housing and sustaining themselves, depending on the geology of the regions they inhabited. Some lived in huts, others lived in houses on wooden poles. Some were fishermen, others were hunter-gatherers, and yet others were farmers. And when the Romans were trying to occupy these lands, the different tribes all united and fought back as one army.

Julius Ceasar even wrote that the Belgians were the bravest of all the Gauls ─ the Romans considered what is now called Belgium as part of Gaul (or Gallia), i.e. that which is now called France. Yet, Belgium only declared its independence in 1830, and was only officially recognized as an independent nation in 1839.

Together with the Belgians and the other Gauls, there were also the Norsemen, the Saxons, and many other ancient European peoples. And the vikings had already sailed to the Americas roughly some 800 years before Columbus ever set foot there. The sophistication of Chinese culture was also well-known, and easily dates back 4'000 years. Likewise for the various Arabic cultures, the ancient Greek, and so on.

The USA and Canada on the other hand were initially created as colonies of the British Crown and of France ─ to a far lesser extent, there were also Dutch colonists. The original cultures of North America were what we call the Native Americans today ─ and what Columbus mistakenly called Indians, because he didn't know of the existence of the Americas and he thought he had arrived in India ─ and they were overrun, decimated, driven into reservations, and their land was stolen out from underneath them. Most of what makes up the US population today are the descendants of European immigrants, the slaves they abducted from Africa, and to a lesser extent also the Chinese laborers who were lured to North America by the railway companies ─ their fate wasn't much better than that of the slaves.
    I really don't wish to create acrimony on these topics. I just picked two examples at random. Comparative IQ studies have been made, they are conclusive and correlate significantly with national development, i.e. higher IQ countries (on average) tend to be more developed and wealthy than lower IQ ones. The USA has a much higher national IQ than the world average, that much is pretty clear from all the studies.

As for the topic of nationhood, this is another minefield I don't wish to walk into. If you base your definition of statehood or nationhood on ethnicity, Americans are by and large Europeans, they speak a European language and their language and customs are based on the European model, mostly from England. That would mean their culture is very old indeed.

I'm not a believer in multiculturalism, it isn't really a viable thing in my opinion. America only really has one culture, which is Anglo-saxon and Christian in nature, though there are some regional variations of course. In most ways, it is a plant from old Europe. There are no Amish in Germany these days, but there are plenty in America. Americans speak a variety of English that the English themselves spoke centuries ago, until they started dropping their Rs and deviating from the original pronunciation of English words, which sounded a lot more like Dutch and German than it does today.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    But Chris you believe in Singaporeans. Incidentally I’ve worked with them and for their country unless ur Asian. You don’t fit

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Chris (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    But Chris you believe in Singaporeans. Incidentally I’ve worked with them and for their country unless ur Asian. You don’t fit
    I'm not sure what you mean, but Singapore is really just London in the tropics in many ways, though changing into a Chinese city with quite some speed. Its roots are British, but the people who live there are mostly Chinese, which is defined as a race in Singapore and immigration policies are skewed towards importing ever more immigrants from China, no doubt in a drive to change the city's ethnic character and turn it into a classic ethno-state.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Chester (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    No doubt. Either that or they are being typical humans and want it for themselves irrespective of race or ethnicity. We use the tools we have access to. It is similar to the behavior patterns of serial killers. The signature constant is presumed to be a need for control but in fact control is an artifact of the need for deviant sexual satisfaction.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Chris (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Sooooo, not a peep in relation to my analogy.

And so more and more bubbles percolate.

And the direction remains the same and stable.

I wish us well.
    I thought that the first three paragraphs of my reply to you would have been sufficient to state where I stand on gun possession, Sam.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    I thought that the first three paragraphs of my reply to you would have been sufficient to state where I stand on gun possession, Sam.
    Hi Aragorn, I appreciated your reply. My analogy perhaps was not understood as I meant it to be. I should have been more direct. It had nothing to do with a single issue like "gun control." It had to do with the USA bashing.

It is my opinion that the USA as it is today as a nation among a world of nations is not the result of "creation within isolation." This world's human beings (for the most part) who have, for eons, dominated it, create its variations. The USA, the good and bad of it, is just as much the responsibility of humanity as other examples of human creation. To make it "the boogeyman" of the day, over and over and over again won't solve the problems of the world, especially with regards to how the world is directly impacted by the USA today.

And I say this because to do so reveals that the attacker has no real clue as to how this world works and if the attacker doesn't have a real understanding as to the complexities (especially the occulted ones) of this world, how can they expect their rants to cause a change? It only makes things worse. It is like saying (and feeling and thinking), "I hate hate" believing that this will result in a better world.

I am just saying that I read a lot of anger and resentment in all the finger pointing and it reminds me of how important Gandhi's words were and how few actually actualize them... we all know 'em... they start with "Be the change..."
    Last edited by Chester, 6th August 2019 at 17:47.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    Hi Aragorn, I appreciated your reply. My analogy perhaps was not understood as I meant it to be. I should have been more direct. It had nothing to do with a single issue like "gun control." It had to do with the USA bashing.

It is my opinion that the USA as it is today as a nation among a world of nations is not the result of "creation within isolation." This world's human beings (for the most part) who have, for eons, dominated it, create its variations. The USA, the good and bad of it, is just as much the responsibility of humanity as other examples of creation. To make it "the boogeyman" of the day, over and over and over again won't solve the problems of the world, especially with regards to how the world is directly impacted by the USA today.

And I say this because to do so reveals that the attacker has no real clue as to how this world works and if the attacker doesn't have a real understanding as to the complexities (especially the occulted ones) of this world, how can they expect their rants to cause a change? It only makes things worse. It is like saying (and feeling and thinking), "I hate hate" believing that this will result in a better world.

I am just saying that I read a lot of anger and resentment in all the finger pointing and it reminds me of how important Gandhi's words were and how few actually actualize them... we all know 'em... they start with "Be the change..."
    Well, then it would appear as if my own reply was not exactly understood well either, Sam ─ which, quite honestly, doesn't surprise me, given Fred's reaction higher up the thread ─ because I wasn't bashing the USA. I was casting a diagnosis ─ which is an entirely different thing ─ and I was offering my perspective on what should be done to heal that particular sickness, including my prognosis on the success of the treatment and the "diet" that according to myself should be followed in order to heal the patient.

Perhaps it would be best if I take my leave from this thread. It would appear that I have a habit of being misunderstood with just about everything I say these days.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chester (6th August 2019), Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    Just different opinions mr Aragorn. Perspective colors everything. Not so coincidentally some are clearer, saner, and honest, and most assuredly closer to a consensus reality. How important is consensus? Where people are dying in droves I would say very important

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    Hey Aragorn, please, don't take leave.

I should have been even more clear and direct. So I will be now and I extend apologies that I wasn't before.

Since I came back to ToT, I noticed a huge drop in participation. What participation that remained, save for Aianawa and Fred Steeves appeared to me to be significantly anti-USA or anti-any political view that wasn't progressive/left. This wouldn't have bothered me so much but it all seemed heavy on complaining and rarely, if ever, focused on potential solutions. So it has started to get to me and I tried a round about way of stating it and wish I had just done so directly.

I long for the days we discussed things from higher perspectives and where we discussed solutions centered above the political fray which, if implemented on a wider scale might impact in a positive way how we explore politics where we might discover some common ground.

Instead, people seem to enjoy the drama even when they say they can't stand it (or hate it). And what I tried to point out in the post I made yesterday, isn't this the very thing "the AREs" want to happen? And I apologize to Aianawa for not calling them "the WEREs" and I promise I will be happy to do so when I see we all actually get a clue and stop fulfilling their goals for us.

We are responsible for us and its about time we live up to our responsibility IMO.
    Last edited by Chester, 6th August 2019 at 18:54.

It's just a ride

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2019), modwiz (7th August 2019), Wind (6th August 2019)

Thanks
    Chris. I realized I misunderstood your comment about non-viability of multiculturalism and it hits on my issue with Jordan peterson. How can we get where we need to be without passing through the transitory state of multiculturalism?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,120 Times in 2,666 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Aragorn, have you ever been to the US, walked amongst us, to have these consistantly very strong, and rather condescending opinions of us?
    That's the age-old non-sequitur knee-jerk response, Fred. One does not have to have visited a country in order to know what that country is like from the cultural perspective.
    Come on man. Anyone who follows my posts knows I'm not prone to "age-old non-sequitur knee-jerk responses". You can disagree with me til the cows come home and that's fine, but knee jerk response? Um... no. Do you know how many times I've heard us referred to here as, what is it, "U.S. of Acronymeons"? Something like that. I of course understand where that comes from, but how would you like to hear me refer to Belgiums every so often as Belgium Waffles for example? Is that respectful?

widespread obesity ─ more than half of all US Americans are clinically overweight;
    disrespect for human life and interpersonal relationships ─ human beings have become consumables;
    disregard for ethics in favor of personal opportunity;
    consumerist frenzies ─ "Black Friday";
    Christian fundamentalism; and...
    a dumbed-down population whose average IQ sits about 15 to 30 points below the global average.
    If you want to point out our warts than I guess okay we have plenty of them, but shouldn't it be aimed more at our government than our people? Dude, we are a good people at heart. And I'm quite sure the average Belgium citizen is good at heart. MOST people mean well but we ALL have this disease to one degree or another you speak of. Most though are also under basic mind control, just like us...

It's not just U.S...

In the end, We, are no different than any other People. The big (current) difference is our military and economic ability to throw our weight around the world like any other former empire, only now on steroids with modern technological advances. Don't tell me the Belgium Waffles might not go down the same road given the same power.

There have certainly been exceptional individuals, yes, but they are hardly representative for the entire population, nor does that say anything at all about US culture. But for that matter, Nikola Tesla was an immigrant ─ he was from Serbia. Albert Einstein was also an immigrant ─ he was originally German, but he was Jewish, and so he fled Germany when the Nazis rose to power.
    Alright, so we'll leave U.S. culture behind. When I pressed "Send" on my post, I was hoping you weren't going to say basically "Well Tesla was from Serbia..."

So what? He was a U.S. citizen, and so was Einstein, we are a nation composed totally of immigrants. When does one become a legitimate US citizen without some asterisk behind it? Second generation, third generation, or fourth generation like me?

They were U.S. citizens, no different than a Belgium citizen.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 7th August 2019 at 00:18.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th August 2019), Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (7th August 2019), JRS (7th August 2019)

Thanks
    Aragorn, have you ever been to the US, walked amongst us, to have these consistantly very strong, and rather condescending opinions of us?
    That's the age-old non-sequitur knee-jerk response, Fred. One does not have to have visited a country in order to know what that country is like from the cultural perspective.
    Come on man. Anyone who follows my posts knows I'm not prone to "age-old non-sequitur knee-jerk responses". You can disagree with me til the cows come home and that's fine, but knee jerk response? Um... no.
    Well, you can disagree, of course, but it's the stereotypical response I get from many (if not most) US Americans whenever I say something that criticizes their country. And that, my friend, is a programmed reflex ─ hence my use of the term "knee-jerk" ─ as the result of the age-old indoctrination with nationalistic values.

Do you know how many times I've heard us referred to here as, what is it, "U.S. of Acronymeons"? Something like that.
    Acronymians.

I of course understand where that comes from, but how would you like to hear me refer to Belgiums every so often as Belgium Waffles for example? Is that respectful?
    There's a difference. The term "Acronymians" was invented by myself ─ I claim the copyright ─ as a teasing term of endearment because of the habit of US Americans (and nowadays, also Brits and Australians) to want to abridge just about everything down to an acronym, which makes it very hard for anyone who isn't a US American to still understand what you guys are talking about even if their English is near-perfect, and this situation is not exactly being helped by the fact that those made-up acronyms don't even have a unique significance. When talking about the FBI, everyone knows what that is, but with gratuitously invented acronyms, it makes as much sense as Aianawese ─ and the copyright on that term belongs to modwiz.

Referring to Belgians as waffles on the other hand would not be such a term of endearment, because Belgians don't exactly eat as many waffles as is commonly believed, and most importantly, the word "waffle" is also already being used in a derogatory manner in the English language, so there's already a negative connotation attached to it.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn
    • ]widespread obesity ─ more than half of all US Americans are clinically overweight;
    • disrespect for human life and interpersonal relationships ─ human beings have become consumables;
    • disregard for ethics in favor of personal opportunity;
    • consumerist frenzies ─ "Black Friday";
    • Christian fundamentalism; and...
    • a dumbed-down population whose average IQ sits about 15 to 30 points below the global average.
    If you want to point out our warts than I guess okay we have plenty of them, but shouldn't it be aimed more at our government than our people?
    Yes, of course, because US culture as it exists today is the product of a deliberate manipulation by past and present US governments, and ─ importantly ─ the US corporate world behind them. Corporations need consumers, and that's why consumerism was made the way of life of (the vast majority of) the US American population. Likewise for the insular nature of US culture ─ which is still pretty evident in the fact that even though the USA have officially adopted the metric system, they still use non-decimal measurements in everything, and US-made tools, screws and bolts are not compatible with internationally applied tools, screws and bolts.

And this is all down to policy. So while the US government wants to instill the notion into the minds of the US American population that the USA and its people are somehow superior to everything and everyone else in the world, that very same US government is obviously also so afraid of everything and everyone else in the world that it has to isolate and shield its culture from the rest of the world, unless said culture can be exported into other parts of the world ─ which is of course what the Pentagon has been doing 24/7 since the end of World War II.

Dude, we are a good people at heart.
    Oh, I know that, and I've never contested that.

And I'm quite sure the average Belgium citizen is good at heart.
    Nah, most Belgians are apathetic, selfish and cynical.

MOST people mean well but we ALL have this disease to one degree or another you speak of. Most though are also under basic mind control, just like us...

It's not just U.S...

In the end, We, are no different than any other People. The big (current) difference is our military and economic ability to throw our weight around the world like any other former empire, only now on steroids with modern technological advances. Don't tell me the Belgium Waffles might not go down the same road given the same power.
    Well, we certainly do have our colonial past, and even now the Belgian government is still trying to retain a foot in the door in Congo. There's a lot of money involved, see. And frustrated megalomania. The worst thing you can do to a megalomaniac is put them in a country the size of a handkerchief. Many of our politicians like pretending to the outside that Belgium is the most beautiful, most hospitable and most progressive country on Earth, while their internal policies are medieval, conservative and retarded. We've probably got just as many politicians as the USA, in a country that's only the size of New York City.

Why do you think Elon Musk is currently testing his BFRs? It's an acronym for "Big Fucking Rocket" ─ this is factual; I'm not making that up. It's because I wrote him a letter with all the names of our Belgian politicians as volunteers for a one-way trip to Mars.

Cue Louis Armstrong's "What A Wonderful World".

There have certainly been exceptional individuals, yes, but they are hardly representative for the entire population, nor does that say anything at all about US culture. But for that matter, Nikola Tesla was an immigrant ─ he was from Serbia. Albert Einstein was also an immigrant ─ he was originally German, but he was Jewish, and so he fled Germany when the Nazis rose to power.
    Alright, so we'll leave U.S. culture behind. When I pressed "Send" on my post, I was hoping you weren't going to say basically "Well Tesla was from Serbia..."

So what? He was a U.S. citizen, and so was Einstein, we are a nation composed totally of immigrants. When does one become a legitimate US citizen without some asterisk behind it? Second generation, third generation, or fourth generation like me?

They were U.S. citizens, no different than a Belgium citizen.
    The adjective of "Belgium" is "Belgian". But Nikola Tesla was either way not a product of US American culture ─ he was still very Serbian in his customs ─ and neither was Albert Einstein. For that matter, even though Einstein was Jewish by birth, he was not a practising Jew and so he also didn't feel any connection with Jewish culture. And, both gentlemen lived long before the USA became truly consumerist.

The consumerist culture was already around to a small degree from before World War II, but it was only long after World War II that it truly became a way of life, and it didn't take too long for Europe to adopt it either, albeit that this was still to a far lesser extent back then than it is now. By now, Europe is almost equally consumerist. But then again, we now live in a globalized society, and corporations have already long ago begun crossing oceans and continents.

The people in this alternative community fear a one-world government, but they've got all the wrong ideas of what that entails. They're thinking of an actual government, with a president and officials and such. No, that's not how it'll be. We already have a one-world fascist government, a New World Order, and it's the international corporations that are running it, with the IMF and the Trilateral Commission as its political front-ends.

Remember communist China? Well, it ain't communist. It's as capitalist as can be. That's why the big corporations all take their manufacturing into China (and South Korea), and then import the finished products back into Europe, Canada, Australia, and so on.

Nothing wrong with products made in China or South Korea, mind you ─ there's some really good stuff coming from over there. But the people who have to manufacture those products are not quite getting paid the same wages as we are over here, and they don't even have the same human rights either. And that's exactly why those products are being made over there and not here in the West. It's the corporate wet dream, and when push comes to shove, all corporations behave sociopathically.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (7th August 2019), Elen (7th August 2019), Fred Steeves (7th August 2019)