Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammy's Smorgasbord

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    I have a question -

Is "not wanting something to be true" (especially when it is an avalanche of 'somethings' that are mostly true and/or turn out to be accurate/true) give us the right to call it "a hoax?"
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th July 2019), Aragorn (31st July 2019), Dreamtimer (1st August 2019), Elen (31st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2019), Gio (30th July 2019), modwiz (30th July 2019), Wind (31st July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking

Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    I have a question -

Is "not wanting something to be true" (especially when it is an avalanche of 'somethings' that are mostly true and/or turn out to be accurate/true) give us the right to call it "a hoax?"
    IMO ...

It might be convenient (for a while), but if one is being truly honest (with oneself) the inevitable truth (s) should always prevail in defining the reality and consequences of the (universal) facts.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th July 2019), Aragorn (31st July 2019), Bob (31st July 2019), Chester (31st July 2019), Chris (1st August 2019), Dreamtimer (1st August 2019), Elen (31st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2019), Wind (31st July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 37,150 Times in 7,345 Posts

Thinking

hoax (hōks)
    n.
    1. An act intended to deceive or trick.
    2. Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.
    tr.v. hoaxed, hoax·ing, hoax·es
    To deceive or cheat by using a hoax.
    Perpetrating or just participating in the promotion/deception of a hoax can be complicated matter -
    especially when dealing with the moral intended purpose ...

What say ye my fellow members ?

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Aragorn (31st July 2019), Chester (31st July 2019), Chris (1st August 2019), Dreamtimer (1st August 2019), Elen (31st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2019), Wind (31st July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by giovonni View Post
    Perpetrating or just participating in the promotion/deception of a hoax can be complicated matter -
    especially when dealing with the moral intended purpose ...

What say ye my fellow members ?
    It's a very complicated matter, because when dealing with a hoax, and especially one that has been well organized and that has become widespread, then the simple fact that the general public doesn't have all the information and/or lacks an understanding of the principles that this hoax would be obfuscating ─ which is often a matter of an educational deficiency (as in the case of the Flat Earth meme) ─ will inevitably lead to a self-reinforcing effect. People will start seeing connections and patterns that aren't there, and before anyone realizes, you've got an entire population living by a false belief system ─ an insular culture.

Therefore, in my opinion, anyone who perpetrates a large-scale hoax for whatever reasons, is behaving unethically, unless the hoax is intended as a bona fide joke and the perpetrators eventually confess to said hoax within a reasonable time span.

Alas, deception, manipulation and transgression are everywhere nowadays, and I have this feeling that evil is ramping up its activity. As if we're genuinely headed for an Armageddon of some sorts. Off of the forum, I've been talking with some friends regarding very traumatic and traumatizing events in their lives, and what's even worse is that these evil events seem to be repeating themselves, but every time with different perpetrators.

There's something cosmic going on that I can't put a finer point to, but it's either way alarming.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Chester (31st July 2019), Chris (1st August 2019), Dreamtimer (1st August 2019), Elen (31st July 2019), Emil El Zapato (31st July 2019), Gio (31st July 2019), Wind (31st July 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

There's something cosmic going on that I can't put a finer point to, but it's either way alarming.
    I'll second that.

I think everyone who's paying attention to world and current affairs intuitively knows that something big is afoot, but nobody can really elaborate on it in detail.

I personally think that we are transitioning to a new world age as we speak, the old world order is coming to an end and a new one is being created. That brings both danger and opportunity.

I am somewhat optimistic that the new world that is being born will be a better one, on the other hand, it will come at considerable pain and a high cost. It is possible that the world a few decades hence will be one we wouldn't even recognise today, in both good and bad ways. My feeling is that the world population will be a fraction of what it is today. There will be major earth changes, continents, rivers, climatic zones shifting, that sort of thing. However, the new world will be a better one than what we have today, for those that manage to make the transition.

Our species is going through an evolutionary upgrade as we speak. Those that evolve, will survive, those that don't and remain stuck in their old ways, won't. It is harsh, but that is nature doing its work.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Aragorn (1st August 2019), Chester (1st August 2019), Dreamtimer (1st August 2019), Elen (2nd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (1st August 2019), Gio (2nd August 2019), modwiz (1st August 2019), Wind (1st August 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Marianne Williamson talked about a dark energy in the political debates. Despite the fact that she's an outlier in terms of who is considered a potentially winning candidate, she is getting a good bit of media attention.

“This is part of the dark underbelly of American society, the racism, the bigotry, and the entire conversation that we’re having here tonight. If you think any of this wonkiness is going to deal with this dark psychic force of the collectivized hatred that this president is bringing up in this country, then I’m afraid that [we] are going to see some very dark days,” she said in the second Democratic debate Tuesday night.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Aragorn (2nd August 2019), Chester (1st August 2019), Elen (2nd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (1st August 2019), Gio (2nd August 2019), Wind (2nd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I think she might be easy to misunderstand....she doesn't want to 'alienate' anybody that thinks in pragmatic terms...when she said 'dark psychic force' she was absolutely correct but I think what she was referring to was what has always been present but with no one willing to acknowledge the obvious. I don't think she was trying to 'go deeper than that' but even the awareness of such a thing is evidence that people are aware, it is just that no one has ever had the nerve to address it at any level even the common 'mental energy' of evil.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Aragorn (2nd August 2019), Dreamtimer (2nd August 2019), Elen (2nd August 2019), Gio (2nd August 2019), Wind (2nd August 2019)

Thanks
    [Regarding Marianne Williamson] I think there may be a correlation between those who would be doing Google searches and those who might understand "psychic forces."

What I am suggesting is that there is a slice of the (American and perhaps "world") pie that would watch those debates. Within that slice is a sub-slice that would be stimulated by her responses to learn more about her. It is my contention that this particular sub-slice would be made of a larger proportion of folks (as opposed to humanity as a whole) that are "into" a world view of reality which holds dear the psychic element (and might even, like myself, have the view that consciousness holds primacy) and thus to conclude she is the most "interesting" candidate might overlook this correlation (and more comprehensive explanation).

I like her because, for me, she is incredibly attractive. And because I know that many folks who just read my truthful statement may take my comment in a way I do not at all whatsoever mean, I will explain it. - Her energy, for me, is super cool... thus attractive. Her intelligence is (and I mean "intelligence" at all levels of being) is revealed to me more and more as I watch her performances. It is my opinion that these qualities happen to play a role in her physical beauty as well, but even at that level of her being... it is not a "snapshot" beauty I am referring to... it is her "living way" she shines through her physical being.

But understand that I am well aware she has no shot. Also, I am unsure that in the world we live in today that she would be the best president.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Aragorn (3rd August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (2nd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd August 2019), Gio (2nd August 2019), Wind (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    [Regarding Marianne Williamson] I think there may be a correlation between those who would be doing Google searches and those who might understand "psychic forces."

What I am suggesting is that there is a slice of the (American and perhaps "world") pie that would watch those debates. Within that slice is a sub-slice that would be stimulated by her responses to learn more about her. It is my contention that this particular sub-slice would be made of a larger proportion of folks (as opposed to humanity as a whole) that are "into" a world view of reality which holds dear the psychic element (and might even, like myself, have the view that consciousness holds primacy) and thus to conclude she is the most "interesting" candidate might overlook this correlation (and more comprehensive explanation).

I like her because, for me, she is incredibly attractive. And because I know that many folks who just read my truthful statement may take my comment in a way I do not at all whatsoever mean, I will explain it. - Her energy, for me, is super cool... thus attractive. Her intelligence is (and I mean "intelligence" at all levels of being) is revealed to me more and more as I watch her performances. It is my opinion that these qualities happen to play a role in her physical beauty as well, but even at that level of her being... it is not a "snapshot" beauty I am referring to... it is her "living way" she shines through her physical being.

But understand that I am well aware she has no shot. Also, I am unsure that in the world we live in today that she would be the best president.
    I agree with 99.9% of what you've stated here-above, Brother, except for your last sentence, i.e. that she would not be the best president right now.

Marianne obviously wants to clean out the swamp that is the bipartisan US political system, and the dominance of the corporate and military-industrial world over said system. She'd have a hell of a job before her if she makes it into the White House, but she is the only candidate with the resolve to do it. Donald Trump promised the American people that he'd do it, but he's not doing it at all. He's simply using the system to his own advantage, and kicking out anyone who stands in his way ─ not the "in the way of democracy", or "in the way of justice", or "in the way of the American people".

Donald Trump can also not take credit for the fact that Jeffrey Epstein was now finally arrested ─ that credit goes to the FBI and other law enforcement agencies who've been investigating him. But of course, this will once again be something Trump will brag about as being his accomplishment, and thus as an anecdotal "proof" of his promise to clean out the swamp. Because he's a shameless opportunist and a narcissist, and he knows how to use such things to his advantage.

What the USA needs ─ and right now ─ is Marianne Williamson. She's the only one of the Democratic candidates who's got integrity, because like Donald Trump, she too comes from outside of the political establishment, but contrary to Trump, Marianne comes from a far less depraved environment, namely the environment of the spiritually aware. And unlike Hillary Clinton's politics, Marianne's politics are truly feminine. Hillary may be a woman, but when it comes to her intended (national and international) policies, then she's "one of the boys""We're the United States of God Bless America and you will do as we say or we'll fuck you up big time, hurrrahh!" ("We came, we saw, and he died." -- Hillary Clinton about Muammar Gaddafi.)

America needs Marianne Williamson, and it needs her now. Also, bear in mind that she's already 67 now ─ I thought to have read that she was only 60, and she certainly doesn't look her age ─ and that therefore, if she does win and if she then gets to serve two full terms in office, then she'd be in her late 70s by the time she leaves the White House. And that's an age where health problems can become real obstacles.

So she cannot afford to wait any longer, and considering the circumstances, I would say that the American people cannot afford to wait any longer. Because either it's Marianne now, or it's going to be yet another status-quo candidate from the US Democratic Party who would be up against Donald J. Trump and Mike Pence, and then whoever wins, nothing's ever going to change.

Obama promised change but didn't deliver. Trump promised change, but the change he's brought the American people is exactly the opposite of what was needed, and as such, with every passing day in the White House, he's only making things even worse than they already were. Marianne promises change, and her vocalization of her promises is a hell of a lot more concise and determinate than smooth-talking Obama's promises ever were.

I'm not a US American, and I detest politics ─ I've briefly been involved with it over here in the Flanders, and I've seen enough from the sideline as a public servant as well ─ but here's what I think...: get Marianne Williamson into the White House in 2020, because you'll never get this chance again if you don't, and you really cannot afford to wait for yet another four years just to get yet another status-quo president who'll only make idle promises again while the Mussolini-wannabe with the fake hair and the fake teeth is turning the USA into a jungle in the meantime while priding himself over just how wonderful he is.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd August 2019), Wind (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    I TOTally disagree with you Aragorn on the Trump stuff and 100 % agree with MW assessment.

PS can take a wee while for people to get past that's impossible but we can do that, lots of time and as Sammy says she is good and the universe created her for now ( you say that Sammy ? ).

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2019), Chester (3rd August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd August 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    The cynic in me would say that a Hippie Chick such as MW could never, in a thousand years, win an election in the US.

Yeah sure, she might win votes in the West Coast, but in the US heartlands she would be seen and depicted as the Whore of Babylon.

New age is pretty much universally accepted as Satanic in those parts. Remember how they hated Hillary, even though she was a centrist and a war hawk. Remember the furore that was created around her linking her to satanism and child sacrificing paedophilia. Those people would have a field day with this gal, I'm afraid.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2019), Aragorn (4th August 2019), Chester (3rd August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    The propaganda has already started Chris, I mentioned her to a Z'er Indian Muslim yesterday and he did a quick look...First link up was on Patreon with some guy's headline stating all of the things you mentioned and 'Area 51'. Not seconds before that I had mentioned she was the candidate of choice for the 'Area 51' crowd...

In truth, she reminds me of myself and I would be the last person to recommend for the Presidency, despite having accumulated several votes over the years...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2019), Aragorn (4th August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    I TOTally disagree with you Aragorn on the Trump stuff and 100 % agree with MW assessment.

PS can take a wee while for people to get past that's impossible but we can do that, lots of time and as Sammy says she is good and the universe created her for now ( you say that Sammy ? ).
    My statement that I don't think she would be the best US President for 2020 has everything to do with my understanding as to how the world works. I could write a longer post than Aragorn's post #144 about this but by now, I would expect participants on this forum and the Jr. forum (PA) to have a pretty good clue about all this.

First, she has ZERO shot to be president for one major reason (among dozens of others) - she likely can't be "owned." No one gets to be President of the US (and this is the case for decades) if they can't be "owned." Yes, a President would have some wiggle room to appear as if they are their own man (or woman in this case) and I just don't see MW as "ownable."

Folks, I really don't want to sound like a spoil sport, but... and perhaps I really should just keep my mouth shut but... this world of ours is truly, completely wired in a way a.) most of the public really don't know and b.) most of the public really don't want to know.

So IMO if MW became the nominee they wouldn't let her win and/or she would be "voided" by some "sore loser, white guy, Trump supporter" so her hand selected VP could take over (someone who would be 'on the team'). And then there would be movies made about it,.. even a series on Netfix (ooops, I truly, accidentally misspelled it but decided to leave it as I wrote it - haha). By then, all the "love / lighters" will be semi-satisfied as her legend will live on like Dr. King, et al.

And we'll continue the march further down the path of a.) personal computers / b.) holdables / c.) wearables / d.) biohacking/implantables (becoming known as "Grinders") where once e.) "The Chip" is willingly (and in many cases, enthusiastically) attached to our brains, unharnessed (uncontrolled) individuated human consciousness will be possessed only by a tiny few (elite of the elite) and guess what? You and I and our descendants will not be in that group.

Now I don't make odds on this happening at 100% (I never make odds better or worse than 1% and 99% respectively) but with the human race at the state and stage I observe it to be at now (me included by the way), I make odds well over 95%.

Unless... unless... well, hummmmm... a miracle?

If so, it would be us who would have to pull it off (IMO) as I don't rely on perceived third parties.

[For those interested in where this is all going... check out this link here]

…the possibility of implanting technology in the body and will pave the way for more advanced and functional augmentations.
    Last edited by Chester, 3rd August 2019 at 14:54.

It's just a ride

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2019), Aragorn (4th August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (3rd August 2019)

Thanks
    …the possibility of implanting technology in the body and will pave the way for more advanced and functional augmentations.
    Yeah, like spamming you while you're asleep and using your cybernetic brain to mine Bitcoins. Oh, and ransomware ─ if you don't pay up, your child's brain will remain catatonic for the rest of their life.

No thanks, I'll stick with my biological grey mass. ("Meat. They're made of meat." )

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2019), Chester (4th August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (4th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2019), modwiz (4th August 2019), Wind (4th August 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Yeah, like spamming you while you're asleep and using your cybernetic brain to mine Bitcoins. Oh, and ransomware ─ if you don't pay up, your child's brain will remain catatonic for the rest of their life.
    Or... hacking "thoughts" such that "six ways from Sunday" tactics would be the result - influencing the political will of the populous by "cyber-inciting" mass shootings.

It's just a ride

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th August 2019), Aragorn (4th August 2019), Dreamtimer (5th August 2019), Elen (4th August 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2019)