Guardian Liberty Voice
    Southside Daily
    Washington Post
    wydaily.com
    National Geographic
    Change.org
    Cleantechnica.com
    Oceana.org

These are from the first page that came up with a DuckDuckGo search.

The media is reporting on it.

We should be sure we know what the media is doing for real.

Maybe folks saw those reports and just decided to "believe the opposite".

Wouldn't be very smart, would it?
    Imagine if this got 10% of the coverage that is given to the "other"... just 10%. I mean on the big three major networks and then cnn, msnbc and fox. You would think it should, right? I mean, isn't this far more important? I mean, we are talking the extinction of all life on this planet at stake. Where's the priorities? Looks to me like there isn't any real priorities about things that actually appear to matter. Looks more like something else "is driving that bus." Like something else "is in charge."
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Bob (23rd May 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd May 2019), Elen (23rd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    The feeding public are obviously driving the bus...when you can get a majority audience to start screaming about such important matters then we will see it on the Moron Stream Media...After all, we see Trump all the time...ad nauseum even...I'll trade global warming and destructive human action coverage over Trump...starting immediately...but then Trump is an example of destructive human behavior and that is why he gets so much press...We can't win!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd May 2019), Elen (23rd May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    The feeding public are obviously driving the bus...when you can get a majority audience to start screaming about such important matters then we will see it on the Moron Stream Media...After all, we see Trump all the time...ad nauseum even...I'll trade global warming and destructive human action coverage over Trump...starting immediately...but then Trump is an example of destructive human behavior and that is why he gets so much press...We can't win!
    Bread and circuses, my friend. The mainstream media are a major arm of the advertising industry, and so they need to make sure that they get high viewer ratings, so that more people get exposed to the advertising. That's what puts money in the bank. So they only broadcast what draws in higher viewer ratings, which means anything controversial and/or dramatic. Trump, and political shenanigans in general, are controversial, because it's always about "us versus them". Besides, one would get the impression that the only thing modern journalists know how to talk about anymore is politics. They're all brainwashed.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Bob (23rd May 2019), Chester (25th May 2019), Elen (23rd May 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2019), Fred Steeves (23rd May 2019)

Thanks
    It's a feedback loop...but politics as always is big news...with Trump...well there's the circus. One ring.

Joe Jackson is one of those 'names' that escaped me....

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2019), Elen (24th May 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    It's a feedback loop...but politics as always is big news...with Trump...well there's the circus. One ring.

One Q to rule them all.
    One Q to find them.
    One Q to bring them all,
    And in the Darkness bind them.

Joe Jackson is one of those 'names' that escaped me....
    He sounds decisively North American when he sings, and he does also live in the USA now, but he's actually British, and he does still speak British English. His success took off around 1979-1980, with "Is She Really Going Out With Him?", of which he later on recorded a live a capella version. He's quite well known over here. He's a proficient songwriter, as well as a talented pianist and saxophone player.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Elen (24th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd May 2019)

Thanks
    yeah, I'm familiar with him, heard a lot about him...but never listened to his music...

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd May 2019), Elen (24th May 2019)

Senior Member United States Chester's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,591 Times in 1,349 Posts
    So that folks know where I stand, there are many rings in the Big Circus, Trump only being one of them and in part by his own doing but also, manufactured.

Within the Big Circus is a set of rings which I would place under the umbrella of TOS which can include some of the Trump supporters and also some of the Trump agenda supporters. ... but under there are several other sub-rings that are just as obsessed if not more so (in part because they perceive or fear his "block" is currently more powerful... whichever the case may be).

But there are several rings not under the larger TOS ring that are not necessarily pro-Trump but share some affinity with some of the goals of the Trump agenda. I refer to these as the "Trump tolerant." Some are part of this group because their lives are better than they were pre-Trump (and don't make the mistake in thinking this group is small). They feel this way in part because of their determination it would not have been that way if it were not for his election.

The circus is big and so my question to myself is, how much do I allow myself to be distracted by the circus aspect of it all and how much do I live extricated from the circus. How much time do I spend on matters that could be called "spiritual practice" or "spiritual contemplation" as an example of things we might engage ourselves with that have the potential to minimize "circus" focus/activity.
    Last edited by Chester, 25th May 2019 at 18:07.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

It's just a ride

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chester For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th May 2019)

Thanks
    I'm hearing that Sammy...great post...

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th May 2019), Elen (26th May 2019)