Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How does Assange's arrest and Mandatory Vaccine Mandates relate?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If Chris could share an experience, like a shared dream experience, that could be personal proof for someone because they would be a direct witness.

But that kind of witnessing doesn't come with empirical proof.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th April 2019), Aragorn (19th April 2019), Chris (19th April 2019), Elen (19th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Horse has bolted

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Elen (19th April 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    If Chris could share an experience, like a shared dream experience, that could be personal proof for someone because they would be a direct witness.

But that kind of witnessing doesn't come with empirical proof.
    Personal proof is possible, because our perceptions are subjective and personal. However, it would not be empirical proof or reproducible in any way. This is a problem with psychic phenomena in general, they happen and are real, but they tend to be random and people have no control over when or how they occur.

In my own case, I have seen enough to know that psychic phenomena and spirits/deities are real, but this will only satisfy myself, personally. I could not provide any sort of proof that would conclusively satisfy the general public, let alone the scientific community. If I was really lucky, maybe I could find one open-minded scientist (Michio Kaku would be top of my list), to conduct a little experiment. If I could get a higher-dimensional being to visit and interact with him, he would probably be convinced of the reality of such beings (I think he already is, based on what he wrote about them, which I quoted on another thread a few months ago), but then again, it would not reproducible, so we still wouldn't have any concrete proof.

Even getting a higher-dimensional being to visit someone is a tall order, generally they're not interested and extremely busy as it is. They will do so when the situation warrants it, such as a medical or spiritual emergency and only when the person in question is open to them visiting and gives express permission. It is very rare indeed and I have only been able to convince higher beings to visit someone on a couple of occasions, where there was a real and immediate need for it. In general they do whatever the hell they want and are not the least moved by our little materialistic concerns, such as the need for empirical proof.
    Last edited by Chris, 19th April 2019 at 14:24.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Elen (19th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Empirical proof doesn't exist to someone without empathy. It's very much like...being stabbed by someone and when the person stabbing you asks you if it hurts. You would say yes, but the stabber will then say...prove it! Empathy is key to this problem...feelings which is another form of intelligence.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th April 2019), Chris (19th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2019), Wind (21st April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That's a cool thought Elen,

Chris, I've had different types of experiences than you, but my psychic experiences are what brought me to alternative forums. Truly, I was looking for validation and a serious need for a sanity check.
    What I ran into was a mass of right wing bigots...Talk about culture shock.

We don't have to have experiences in a vacuum of validation. There are many serious scientists examing the phenomena today.

Giovonni suggested a foundational level book in "The End to Upside Down Thinking". As DT said 'empirical' evidence is hard to provide on an individual basis...though I have done it...with a and a Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...but you are not going to convince a random sceptic easily... That book is excellent though.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th April 2019), Chris (19th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Elen (19th April 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    That's a cool thought Elen,

Chris, I've had different types of experiences than you, but my psychic experiences are what brought me to alternative forums. Truly, I was looking for validation and a serious need for a sanity check.
    What I ran into was a mass of right wing bigots...Talk about culture shock.

We don't have to have experiences in a vacuum of validation. There are many serious scientists examing the phenomena today.

Giovonni suggested a foundational level book in "The End to Upside Down Thinking". As DT said 'empirical' evidence is hard to provide on an individual basis...though I have done it...with a and a Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk...but you are not going to convince a random sceptic easily... That book is excellent though.
    Sounds an awful lot like Rupert Sheldrake's work, which I greatly enjoy. No, matter doesn't create consciousness, it is the other way round and this becomes quite obvious once you start having psychic or spiritual experiences. One of the big realisations that science has yet to make is that most life is non-material, it exists purely as energy, vibration and spirit, in forms that are currently inaccessible to the five senses and thus, science, which is really just and extension of that, through material instruments. Higher-dimensional beings are so much more advanced than we are that it boggles the mind and we better start waking up to that reality.

Just to mention one here, the Sun God, he is just one single consciousness that controls the entire Sun. In fact our star is a manifestation of his consciousness. That is how powerful, ancient and cosmic some of these beings are.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Elen (19th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (19th April 2019), Wind (21st April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Sheldrake is one of the names cited in the book...The referenced scientists are not lightweights by any stretch of the imagination.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th April 2019), Chris (19th April 2019), Dreamtimer (19th April 2019), Elen (21st April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,204 Times in 1,932 Posts
    Did anyone mention the compartmentalization of vaccines with other programs?

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Orbs For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st April 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd April 2019), Elen (21st April 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Here is a statement about evidence and proof which is centered on the subject of magic. The same principles apply.

WHAT IS EVIDENCE TO YOU?
    7 MONTHS AGO • 6 COMMENTS • MAGIC
    An unusual few days.

Firstly, I was without internet for about twenty hours which would have made me throw the hissiest of fits had it not also happened to my new favourite Huon Valley denizen, Avalon Cameron, who also had videos waiting to upload. Misery may love company. Mild technological frustrations similarly enjoy being experienced together.

So I was simultaneously behind (can't do actual internet stuff) and ahead (guess I'll get started on future internet stuff) when I got up on Wednesday morning. To see there's a Paul Weston interview to watch. Everything else can wait because -as regular listeners to the podcast know- there is always time for Story Time with Paul.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpH4KjMp1Pg

(Fun fact for when Paul reads this: Video is 33:33. I presume that was deliberate.)

Over the course of several decades, Glastonbury's unofficial mayor has built a Paul-specific system of what we might as well go ahead and call 'time magic' based on encounters and experiences in his own life. Now, if we do that thing where we compare praxes from such a height that we lose a lot of essential detail but also surface truths that are less evident from closer to the ground, we can say that

Talismanic magic
    Use of planetary days and lunar days
    Acknowledgement of governing spirits of the hours
    Are all examples of 'time magic' that -for whatever after the fact reason you care to speculate- rely on 'matching' to previous instances of the time of your operation.

We can ascend to even greater heights and invite cross-cultural comparison at this point, by noting that this is one of the very few forms of ritual praxis that are conserved in literally every culture on earth, whether they map it to indigenous calendars such as in Central America, spirits of the days such as in some forms of Chinese magic, or the annual return of certain asterisms to (more or less) the same corner of the sky, such as found absolutely everywhere.

What about 'folkloric' accounts of ghosts and entities that return to a particular place on earth (or in its skies) on the same night of the year. What do they look like from these dizzying, comparative heights? Up here in the nosebleed seats we can say with confidence that our 'normal' experience of time is in some sense 'wrong'. But, in almost all cases, any attempt to correct it from up here tips very quickly into the New Age habit of weaponising a cursory understanding of twentieth century science and becomes goo.

And I'm being very deliberate in saying 'twentieth century science' (and cursory) because even 'science itself' will sporadically admit that we don't have time right. Hopefully in our lifetimes in this Dominant of Wider Inclusions an improved synthesis will emerge. Even if it doesn't, we are still presented with an urgent metaphysical challenge the Premium Members are very familiar with: empiricism as a necessary but woefully insufficient epistemology. Put another way: Why would you use 'science' as a form of 'truth justification' for something that extends so far beyond the foundational premises (typically mistaken for 'reality') it needs to function in the first place? Defences of materialism rely solely on forms of evidence that presuppose the validity of the claim. This is viciously circular, truly idiotic, and is the sort of behaviour that leads to one junior high school losing to another in inter-school debates.

After watching Paul's video, I see on the twitters that Hunt For The Skinwalker is available to buy or rent on Vimeo. The weather was crap, I was/had convinced myself I was a little ahead in my work, the couch was comfy and... well, maybe I could review it on the blog? That counts as work, right?

My tl;dr review is that it is probably too long, which is pretty common for productions/love labours like these. But it's good and you should watch it if you like that kind of thing. While this post was still in draft mode, I see Josh Cutchin was toiling in the same vineyard, which prompted me to finish it.

As I was watching the documentary, immediately after the interview with Paul, it occurs to me that we not only have time 'wrong' when it comes to 'magic', we also have 'place' 'wrong'... with the inevitable implication that we have 'spacetime' 'wrong', yeah? Then came the line in the film that is also the title of this post: What is evidence to you?

Well, exactly.

And it's not just evidence. It is when you marshal it, how you respond to it. The following day, I headed up to the northern part of my funny little island to Tasmania's second city, Launceston, for the Tamar Valley Writers Festival. A sensation that is probably familiar to many of you -even after so long on the path- is 'intuitively' knowing that something is wrong or you shouldn't do it, but nevertheless justifying it away because it is a work-related, or you are just being silly or whatever. Because I was dreading it the whole week, briefly considered cancelling, etc, etc... and still went because I'm new to this place and definitely need new creative friends and all that.

It's not just that Launceston is crap, although it is, as you can see in this for-once-actually-hilarious satirical travel video.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32eKGFeoQeo

And it wasn't just Launceston. While it might be unfair to call the writers festival disappointing -the attendees all seemed to be very local and were clearly enjoying themselves- my cynical dread at having been to events like these in college was more or less confirmed: the delegates are largely retired boomers who have spent the last ten years tinkering on a biography of their aunt or something, because she was in the radar room in Darwin during the infamous Japanese bombing raid of WWII or whatever.

It was instead an aggregate sensation of unease that built as I drove up the island, arrived in town, found the apartment, and so on. In the current Magical Geography course, the Premium Members are performing whole body sensing of Place and it was in this capacity that Launceston made me feel weird.

On the Friday, having nothing to do until the welcome cocktail party in the evening, I took myself for a drive up and down the Tamar Valley. While searching for the farm, once we'd zeroed in on Tasmania, we were looking at both of the state's two 'wine valleys': the Tamar and the Huon, for pretty much the same configuration of reasons to do with setting up an eventual accommodation business, but I actually hadn't ever been to the Tamar before. And let me tell you, I picked the better valley/the better valley picked me.

The Huon is a steep-sided, hidden valley ("Imladris") where Gondwana-era trees tumble down between apple orchards and creepy, rundown, nineteenth century sheds to a glasslike river that mirror-reflects the snow-capped peaks which keep her perpetually fed. It is fantastical and eerie -duelling banjos in Middle Earth. The Tamar -at least near the coast- is wider and flatter and a lot of the housing stock downriver from Launceston looked like 1980s semi-suburbia, although it is also clear that it is a much wealthier area than the Huon. In amongst my lack of enjoyment was a sense of relief that this wasn't to be 'my landscape'. And it didn't even feel like it could be a possibility, the way Bristol always did whenever I'd go back for a visit from London. (In a dimension near this one, I still live in Bristol.)

So the idea to potentially cut short the trip grew as Friday night rolled into Saturday morning, just as the sense of unease grew. I'd already paid for the accommodation and tickets though, so literally against my literal better judgement, I went along to the first panel and it was appalling. I don't want to be arrogant about this because I'm not at all -I was genuinely there because I have so much to learn- but nevertheless I have published three books. Some ABC journalist who had just published his first thriller novel is maybe not the person who has useful experience for my context. But I do think that was felt in the entire room of retired boomers. One of the other panellists said how great it was to be at "events like this" where she gets to "meet the readers" and the audience bristled. Readers? Lady, one of us is at the wrong event.

Turns out it was me. As the interminable hour dragged on, there was a weird sense of upwelling freedom that accompanied my realisation that I really was going to cut short this trip by two whole nights, that I really was going to abandon all those tickets I'd bought and -because Tasmania is delightfully tiny- I'm less than three hours from the farm and I'm on the complete other side of the island. I'd be home by mid-afternoon!

I all but push past the other delegates as we make for the door, drive back up the valley to check out of the apartment ("Can I get a refund for these two remaining nights? Something's come up. Nope? Actually, I don't care.") and hit the road. The further south I drove, the more the feelings of dread evaporated off me like tarmac steam after summer rain. Getting clear of it and having a few hours of driving through a bracing gale allowed me time to process the sensation. What was it familiar to? In all honesty, the closest previous sensation -which was admittedly much, much stronger- was when I was forced to do a decompression stop on my own due to equipment failure in the mouth of a murky river known for bull sharks in Fiji. That particular spidey sense was so loud it almost gave me a headache, though. I similarly heeded it and swam over to the reef and made the boat pick me up from there. But it really did get me wondering if maybe I'd have been physically attacked or something had I stayed in Launceston. It's one of the eternal challenges with what constitutes evidence -evidence again!- for successful acts of divination... if you forecast something and avoid it, you'll actually never know if you were correct.

It also occurred to me that I should probably try a little Paul Weston magic when I got back to the farm and see what was happening on these same days, at least last year. So I did. And this time last year I was in another AirBnb apartment that made me (and James) decidedly uncomfortable. That time in Melbourne, which we'd travelled to in order to spend some time with the kiwi in-laws and whiled away an evening talking about Auckland -a 'home' I was no longer in. But the secondary purpose of the trip was to 'feel out' Melbourne as a potential -albeit temporary- place we might live while continuing the quest for an appropriate rural property as the Hawkesbury was becoming essentially unliveable for me. Home, discomfort, weird apartment, a sense of disappoint at the prospect of 'settling' for a temporary place that wasn't right. Check, check, check.

More than that, though. As the Cyprian Days roll around again, I am aware that I am approaching the one-year anniversary of when I first clapped eyes on the farm. Mother and I flew down exactly a year ago minus one week. So this very point in time in 2017 was probably the peak of the unease/discomfort/anxiety that many of you would be familiar with while looking for a new home to buy or rent... you simply don't know how long it will take because you can't know until you find the place. The 'pull' to the farm was probably at its strongest this week in 2017, and in 2018 all I could think of was getting back to it -a process that started with Paul talking his weird time magic and immediately followed by an extended examination of the spirit specificity of place. (Skinwalker Ranch.)

What is this evidence of? What even am evidence? Let's go back a few more years.

2016: Podcast episode with Dr John Reid came out. A kiwi anthropologist and our first discussion of the personhood of place, custodianship, wider notions of 'home'.
    2015: Having ruined the two rooms we were renting in London writing several books simultaneously, I rearranged the entire library and we moved rooms/beds as best we could in a share house.
    2014: Actually in New Zealand, a place I used to live, experiencing again the pangs of what even am home? London? New Zealand? Australia?
    Well, shit.

Get out of my head, Paul.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th April 2019), Elen (1st May 2019)