Thread: Trump *IS* The Problem!

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts

Trump *IS* The Problem!

This thread is intended to be the drop box for all of the reasons why Donald Trump is the overarching problem standing in the way of mankind progressing. This situation is so dire and unprecedented, that ONE man has single handily caused all these problems, that it's quite difficult to have any other conversation without the topic turning to an orangish tint.

Folks, this thread is the soap box to decry all things Trump like the homeless epidemic he has caused, the military industrial complex he created that spreads war and famine around the world, how America's healthcare system used to be a shining example to the rest of the world, how he transformed honest money brokers on Wall Street into billionaire scam artists, initiated our rogue Intelligence agencies, and turned our other once honorable politicians to the dark side.

This is just to name a few; so feel free to spill your guts out here about how great things used to be pre Captain Chaos, and how much better they will be once again after he is FINALLY impeached and removed for being a Russian foreign agent!

*Let it flow here, and at the same time let other conversations flow their own way without being reminded of, well, what ever this is...*

So have at it, we'll get that son of a bitch yet and set things straight again!!!

Cheers
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Chris (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019), JRS (4th April 2019), sean.s (3rd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    It's already the 2nd of April here in Europe, hermano Frederico.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Bleugh… Not another Trump Thread. He's like a black hole that sucks all light within several light years into himself.

I disagree with the OP though. People with a Leftist-Liberal bent still don't seem to understand that he won and keeps winning precisely because he represents the majority of the population. They are exactly like him, only worse and stupider. I can pretty much guarantee that he will win re-election, at least once. Who knows what he will do to the constitution to enable a third term, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Get used to him folks, cuz he's all you got. The people have elected someone into power that is just as stupid, racist and bigoted as they are and they won't let him leave, now that they feel that their ignorant views are represented at the highest level. Don't tell me that your racist, xenophobic uncle in Shitville, Indiana is any different.

This is the point I struggle to get across to people in general about my own dear leader. They think that mr Orbán is some sort of outlier with his xenophobic views. No, he's not, he's a frigging moderate! Most people I know would be happy to re-start the gas chambers to get rid of anyone they don't like, Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies and any brown-skinned foreigners mostly. This is the level of consciousness we're talking about here, just pure unadulterated hatred of the other and ignorance. As you can imagine, I don't go out much and I try to keep my interaction with others to a bare minimum. Although Hungary (and Russia) is perhaps an extreme example, the very same people are also dominant now in the UK and the US, as Brexit Xenophobia and the election of Trump has clearly shown.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019), palooka's revenge (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Only worse and stupider...lol...How true.

yes, he won, and perhaps you don't realize how psychologically debilitating that is to all the 'others' in the world.

I guess, I'm going into self-reflection mode here... Trump represents the killer of spirit. Fred, no, he isn't the 'cause' of any of this shit...he is the representative of it. He's a symbol! A symbol of how low humanity is when we just don't care...it is very simple really.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Chris (3rd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Trump represents the killer of spirit. Fred, no, he isn't the 'cause' of any of this shit...he is the representative of it. He's a symbol! A symbol of how low humanity is when we just don't care...it is very simple really.
    Hey man, great, I'm sure I have a lot of this wrong and this is JUST the place for people with extra clear vision like yourself to set people like me straight.

Please enlighten me how it really is, I just ask that you don't do it on other threads I may initiate that are not based on all things Trump. To borrow from the old Budweiser theme: "This thread's for you", and those with deeper understandings of things.

Socrates

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), JRS (4th April 2019), modwiz (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    changed my mind...So, you are saying that I have no conscious awareness of my own mind?

ok, that's cool. I don't need Trump...I wish Trump didn't exist. Let's pretend he doesn't...truly, that is ok with me. Not denial, just a visionary/abstract approach to reality. I can do that to...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I don't agree that Trump is the problem so I don't have any evidence to offer. He is taking advantage of dynamics which already exist. I would say it's Congress who is the problem.

Congress hasn't been doing its job for most of my adult life.

Ignoring the rule of law has culminated in this Presidency. Trump switched to the team that likes the idea of revamping/undoing the Constitution. That's much more of a problem than Trump.

So I guess I'm done on this thread.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd April 2019), Chris (3rd April 2019), Elen (4th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2019), Wind (3rd April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Bleugh… Not another Trump Thread. He's like a black hole that sucks all light within several light years into himself.

I disagree with the OP though. People with a Leftist-Liberal bent still don't seem to understand that he won and keeps winning precisely because he represents the majority of the population. They are exactly like him, only worse and stupider. I can pretty much guarantee that he will win re-election, at least once. Who knows what he will do to the constitution to enable a third term, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. Get used to him folks, cuz he's all you got. The people have elected someone into power that is just as stupid, racist and bigoted as they are and they won't let him leave, now that they feel that their ignorant views are represented at the highest level. Don't tell me that your racist, xenophobic uncle in Shitville, Indiana is any different.

This is the point I struggle to get across to people in general about my own dear leader. They think that mr Orbán is some sort of outlier with his xenophobic views. No, he's not, he's a frigging moderate! Most people I know would be happy to re-start the gas chambers to get rid of anyone they don't like, Jews, Homosexuals, Gypsies and any brown-skinned foreigners mostly. This is the level of consciousness we're talking about here, just pure unadulterated hatred of the other and ignorance. As you can imagine, I don't go out much and I try to keep my interaction with others to a bare minimum. Although Hungary (and Russia) is perhaps an extreme example, the very same people are also dominant now in the UK and the US, as Brexit Xenophobia and the election of Trump has clearly shown.

excellent points chris.

mark me on the disagreement side as well. Trump is a problem but he's not THE problem.

dreamtimer said... I would say it's Congress who is the problem.
    likewise, congress is a problem but congress is not THE problem.

WE THE PEOPLE are the problem... and, as usual... the solution, if one is to be found, will be found within the problem...

the lines have been drawn. that's where the action is...

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2019), Chris (3rd April 2019), Dreamtimer (4th April 2019), Elen (4th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2019), modwiz (3rd April 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    mark me on the disagreement side as well. Trump is a problem but he's not THE problem.

likewise, congress is a problem but congress is not THE problem.

WE THE PEOPLE are the problem... and, as usual... the solution, if one is to be found, will be found within the problem...

Just for the record, it seems as though just about every issue winds up boiling down to Captain Chaos these last couple of years. Of course Trump is not THE problem, which is why I tongue-in-cheek attributed that list of already ongoing problems directly to him; the rhetoric is so heated that he may as well have started the fire as Billy Joel put it.

NOT tongue-in-cheek, was the appeal to make this thread an official dumping ground for the daily gripes in general about all things Trump, rather than spreading it through multiple threads which may have little, or nothing to do with the man.

Socrates

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2019), Dreamtimer (4th April 2019), Elen (4th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (3rd April 2019), Wind (5th April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Just for the record, it seems as though just about every issue winds up boiling down to Captain Chaos these last couple of years. Of course Trump is not THE problem, which is why I tongue-in-cheek attributed that list of already ongoing problems directly to him; the rhetoric is so heated that he may as well have started the fire as Billy Joel put it.

NOT tongue-in-cheek, was the appeal to make this thread an official dumping ground for the daily gripes in general about all things Trump, rather than spreading it through multiple threads which may have little, or nothing to do with the man.
    in context of what U are saying, trump IS the problem... i get it Fred and in that context, i agree.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2019), Dreamtimer (4th April 2019), Elen (4th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2019), Fred Steeves (4th April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts

How true that is.

(I may bring Trump up on other threads, if he or his actions as President are relevant).

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th April 2019), Elen (4th April 2019), Emil El Zapato (4th April 2019)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

Hi Fred,

Trump is a very real symptom, kind of like hemmhoragic (sp?) bleeding of a massive tumor, while the cancer is metasticising from left to right and top to bottom within the body politic.

End stage, debt based capitalism buys time by feeding the tumor with war, malinvestment, horrendous leadership, or lack of. And capitalism is seeded with its own demise, like cancer, unless it moves to a more equitable system that contains its spread.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th June 2020), Dreamtimer (30th June 2020), Elen (30th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (29th June 2020), Fred Steeves (29th June 2020), Wind (30th June 2020)