Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: The Lines Have Been Drawn

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Thing is, I am seeing the whole picture and my remonstrations of Trump are far, far more harsh than what she suggests. Trump transcends politics, he is a 'thing' emanating representative values. And the represented values are disgusting. Authoritarianism and Self-First! These are the qualities that send minds aflutter with visions of good and evil. And he sucks! He is the very last dreg of humanity and he is President of the United States!
    Sigh... this is once again a shining example of Trump Derangement Syndrome on full display. Even when it's not about Trump, it's all about Trump. This is why I see very little hope for the development of mankind beyond the technological aspect. We as a whole not only allow our lizard brains to be tickled into the "us vs. them" mentality on a ritualistic basis, we revel in it. We love it because god damnit we are right and they are wrong! Our confirmation bias tells us this is so every step of the way, and this thing only ends when THEY, are soundly defeated!

Of course that means it never ends...

Enfoldedblue summed up everything I've been pointing to very eloquently at the end of her opening post. Some people do "see" it, but precious few. The only thing I would disagree with her on (and maybe she's seeing that now as well on her twin thread) would be the last part about "we" being able to unite and throw off our shackles. Once again I see no "we" doing any unshackling, only individuals here and there. Same as it's always been.

This of course goes way beyond Trump and left right politics. It is being played in so many arenas. Only once we are willing to accept that if we feel aligned with a side, that there may be something we are not seeing or fully understanding will we open ourselves to meaningful growth. Only when we are able to stop putting down the ‘other side’ and start creating a meaningful dialogue between the two camps will we be able to unite, and truly throw off our shackles.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    If I try and dive deep to the heart of what you're saying, is that we've forgotten our true power.
    Well, that's one of the outcomes of what I'm saying, yes.

It's like almost a subconscious anti life program running in the background.
    Oh, my friend, do U have any idea how right U are with that stmt?? There is no 'almost' about it. That background is mostly what is running the show leading to manifestation into form.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Fred, Am I suppose to pretend it is not a sickness in our culture? And Trump is not the primary manifestation of the disease? How could I?
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

Enfoldedblue summed up everything I've been pointing to very eloquently at the end of her opening post. Some people do "see" it, but precious few. The only thing I would disagree with her on (and maybe she's seeing that now as well on her twin thread) would be the last part about "we" being able to unite and throw off our shackles. Once again I see no "we" doing any unshackling, only individuals here and there. Same as it's always been.
    she's smart enuf to know how to not play their game.

(parts of ourself that we have learned are not desirable and so we push them away into the subconscious).
    she just described a form of denial.

It's all about trusting that no part is actually 'bad'..
    she just described unconditional acceptance which is the antidote to denial

that's not to say IFS is the path to unconditional acceptance. it could just as well be a path to denial... and... guess what??? we can't fool mother nature on that one.... in fact... she might end up holdin' our bag... cuz... that denied energy is goin' somewhere...

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (1st April 2019)

Thanks
    holdin' our remains would be closer. Trump is poopoo...get rid of the likes of him and give balance a chance...

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    I know ths may seem to have nothing to do with the thread but for me this life is dream. If our life feels like a nightmare, the main way to get out of the seeming nightmare is to get lucid about .....Inner/Outer

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPFHVrxpCw

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    It's like almost a subconscious anti life program running in the background.
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    Oh, my friend, do U have any idea how right U are with that stmt?? There is no 'almost' about it. That background is mostly what is running the show leading to manifestation into form.
    (parts of ourself that we have learned are not desirable and so we push them away into the subconscious).
    she just described unconditional acceptance which is the antidote to denial
    Now we're scaling the mountain side for some glimpses of higher horizons again. It sounds like you have a story to tell, or at least some well earned anecdotes to share concerning un-noticed background programs and denial/acceptance.

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    To be clear, the quotes taken from Enfoldedblue came from here

The first thing she said that i quoted was this...

parts of ourself that we have learned are not desirable
    and so we push them away into the subconscious

To which i said...

Now let's have a look at something the voice from your neighborhood (and maybe mine too) had to say...

*I personally think that people have become much too sensitive and fragile to have to run away from any conversation because words make them*feel*things, and many people can't seem to deal with their own feelings anymore, or have any sense of personal responsibility over them.

By your observation Fred, do U see any parallel between what Blue said and what Voice said?

Would U agree with Voice that, overall the collective sensitivity meter has shot up a notch or more in recent times?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts

To which i said...

Now let's have a look at something the voice from your neighborhood (and maybe mine too) had to say...

*I personally think that people have become much too sensitive and fragile to have to run away from any conversation because words make them*feel*things, and many people can't seem to deal with their own feelings anymore, or have any sense of personal responsibility over them.

By your observation Fred, do U see any parallel between what Blue said and what Voice said?

Would U agree with Voice that, overall the collective sensitivity meter has shot up a notch or more in recent times?
    This "Voice" you speak of is "the resident right-wing bigot" that I myself spoke of a few posts ago ─ our former super moderator bsbray. He's a strong proponent of free speech, to the point where it becomes offensive to others ─ whom he'll then label as "sissies", "faggots" and "snowflakes", and we have that on record ─ but only insofar that he'd be the one doing this "free-speeching", because when you confront him with his bigotry, he'll call you out for going ad hominem.

Many people over at Project Avalon have the Voice on their ignore list, and for good reason too. He's a very strong debater who will at first glance seem like a reasonable intellectual, but all of that is just the fancy cloak sitting on top of his bigotry, intended to outsmart his opponent verbally.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Fred, Am I suppose to pretend it is not a sickness in our culture? And Trump is not the primary manifestation of the disease? How could I?
    Trump is only a symptom ─ one of many ─ not the disease itself. Of course, this symptom has in itself spawned off other symptoms ─ and a whole Qult phenomenon with it ─ but that's another story, and I believe that's not what Fred meant this thread to be about.

No offense intended, NotAPretender, but bringing this thread back to the subject of Donald Trump time and time again is like having missed your ride on the elevator to the conference room on the second floor, and attempting to hold your presentation before the reception desk clerk at the entry lounge on the ground floor.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Emil El Zapato (2nd April 2019), Fred Steeves (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I know ths may seem to have nothing to do with the thread but for me this life is dream. If our life feels like a nightmare, the main way to get out of the seeming nightmare is to get lucid about .....Inner/Outer

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KPFHVrxpCw
    In pursuit of destiny path... i luv it maggie...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Thanks

To which i said...

Sure, and regardless of the source if it's something that makes sense it should not be ignored or discounted. On the face of it anyway.

Socrates

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Know your mind, to be with your emotions, to know within allowing outside to also be known.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Trump is only a symptom ─ one of many ─ not the disease itself. Of course, this symptom has in itself spawned off other symptoms ─ and a whole Qult phenomenon with it ─ but that's another story, and I believe that's not what Fred meant this thread to be about.

No offense intended, NotAPretender, but bringing this thread back to the subject of Donald Trump time and time again is like having missed your ride on the elevator to the conference room on the second floor, and attempting to hold your presentation before the reception desk clerk at the entry lounge on the ground floor.
    I suppose but to me 'Trump' is on all floors in 'spirit' if not in fact. He is THE example of what I see wrong with the human species. No matter the floor, Trump is there in all of us and we need to expunge those demons that infects us. No, Trump is not everyone's problem but 'Trumps' where ever they exist are resistant to peace, prosperity, love, compassion, and justice for all. And as we all know, the fight for Truth, Justice, and the 'Way' is a neverending battle...

As I said before Trump is transcendant, he transcends to the very core of the duality...good versus evil. And he is evil.

I'm not missing the point, it is the point...it is my point!

Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Know your mind, to be with your emotions, to know within allowing outside to also be known.
    Amen, Aianawa, Amen.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019), Wind (2nd April 2019)

Thanks
    Trump Derangement Syndrome? Hell yes, I got it bad at this point...

So how would you suggest I get to the right floor, Aragorn? Discuss Freudian or Jungian psychology? Discuss Ken Wilber's 'Theory of Everything'? The fact that Terence McKenna is dead. I've got an idea, I'll discuss Trump Derangement Syndrome.

My head freaking hurts.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (2nd April 2019), Dreamtimer (3rd April 2019), Elen (2nd April 2019)