Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT IS A MAD , MAD WORLD -- if you are a US Democrat

(account terminated) England
    Thanks

IT IS A MAD , MAD WORLD -- if you are a US Democrat

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...nts-right-vote

Steady yourself .
    You will find this hard to believe .
    The deranged US Democrat party have voted to give ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS the right to vote . House of Representatives .

What sort of fruit cakes would cancel out the votes of many of its own citizens by allowing non citizens to vote ?
    It is the stuff of nightmares and incredulity .
    Obviously the deranged Democrats are desperate to get as many illegals to vote as possible to help them fight The Trump next year .

But this logic distorting action mocks the very roots of Democracy and the underlying tenet of a Rule of Law where laws are not passed by mad people .

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th March 2019), Herbert (11th March 2019), JRS (10th March 2019), Kathy (9th March 2019), modwiz (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    you do realize that is total bullshit. How could anyone even think that.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

Thanks
    Twisted...this is bizarro world...What the f*ck is wrong with Republicans...

House GOP passes measure blasting allowing non-citizens to vote in local elections
    Most Democrats opposed the resolution and criticized the "ridiculous," "stupid" and meaningless vote.

House Republicans overwhelmingly passed a non-binding resolution Wednesday opposing undocumented immigrants voting in U.S. elections, including in cities where laws have allowed non-citizens the chance to participate in local elections.

The measure was approved mostly on a party-line vote, 279-72. Forty-nine Democrats joined Republicans in declaring "that allowing illegal immigrants the right to vote devalues the franchise and diminishes the voting power of United States citizens."

Most Democrats, however, blasted the GOP for what some described as a "ridiculous," "stupid" and meaningless vote.

The Republicans "have done absolutely nothing to protect us against the Russia investigation...but somebody's voting in their local school council election, that's worth denouncing?" said Rep. Luis Gutierrez, D-Ill.

The vote came as San Francisco began this week allowing those lacking legal status the option to register to vote in school board elections.

Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., proposed the resolution after hearing from naturalized citizens who said they felt "disenfranchised" by non-citizens taking party in school board elections.

"This dilutes why people work so hard to become citizens. It dilutes an election as well," McCarthy told NBC News. "I think only American citizens can vote."

Although the House resolution has no force of law, it has raised a larger question about who should be able to vote and whether the bitterly partisan immigration debate may soon reach the lowest rungs of government.

"This just shows how radicalized our politics have become on both sides where you have to spend floor time highlighting a part of the Constitution," Rep. Carlos Curbelo, R-Fla., told NBC News. "I think in context I can see why they would want to do it. Now, is it an absolute necessity? I don't think so."

Recommended

NEWS
    Trump administration responsible for even more separated children, judge rules

HEALTH
    Unvaccinated boy nearly died from tetanus. The cost of his care was almost $1 million.
    Though it remains illegal for any non-citizen to participate in federal and state elections, federal law leaves it up to the states to decide whether non-residents can vote in local or special elections. Non-citizens currently can vote in some local elections in 11 states.

To date, there is no record of an undocumented immigrant who has recently crossed the border and cast a vote in one of these elections. San Francisco warns undocumented immigrants that their information could be accessed by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officers.

Supporters of allowing undocumented immigrants to vote in school board elections said it makes sense because it affects their children's futures or that those on a path to citizenship should feel like they're part of their community.

But Republicans say that bending the rules for those who have yet to retain legal status could lead to undocumented immigrants participating in state or federal elections. Further, they argue, it could encourage illegal entry into the U.S.

"Extending voting rights to those who are not lawfully present in the United States acts like another incentive for foreign nationals to come to the United States illegally and stay," Judiciary Chairman Bob Goodlatte, R-Va., said on the House floor.

Democrats said the House vote Wednesday was simply a political one that will help vulnerable Republicans make a point on the campaign trail in the last few weeks of the midterm elections.

"They want to be able to say, 'Look at those Democrats, they're destroying our democracy, they're letting foreigners come and determine who gets elected,'" Gutierrez said. "It's always been about fear."

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    In the history of America there have been non-citizens voting since the get-go.

Since enactment of the Illegal Immigration Reform and Immigrant Responsibility Act of 1996, federal law has prohibited noncitizens from voting in federal elections, punishing them by fines, imprisonment, inadmissibility, and deportation.[3][4][5] Exempt from punishment is any noncitizen who "reasonably believed at the time of voting ... that he or she was a citizen of the United States," had a parent who is or was a citizen, and began permanently living in the United States before turning 16 years old.[3] The federal law does not prohibit noncitizens from voting in state or local elections, but no state has allowed noncitizens to vote in state elections since Arkansas became the last state to outlaw noncitizen voting in 1926.[6] However, in some states, local governments have the power to allow noncitizens to vote in local elections. Presently, eleven local governments, ten of them in Maryland, allow noncitizens to vote in their local elections.[7] San Francisco allows noncitizen parents to vote in School Board elections.[8]
    Maryland ended noncitizen voting rights for state and federal elections in 1851, but its constitution recognizes the autonomy of local municipalities and localities on the subject. As of February, 2008, one city, three towns, and three villages in Montgomery County have introduced bills to restore the right to vote to foreigners within their jurisdictions. Barnesville (since 1918), Martin's Additions and Somerset (since 1976), Takoma Park (since 1991) and Garrett Park (since 1999), Chevy Chase Section 3 and Chevy Chase Section 5.[11][57]
    Here's a comment from a Fox News article about this recent vote:

Actually if you get right down to it in a legal sense, most states that deny non-citizens the right to vote in local school elections are in fact violating the constitution. Of course, no one has brought a case up to the Supreme Court on that but if they did, I'll bet they win. Here is why.

Virtually every state has non-citizens legally living and working here. Many of them own homes and are TAXED for local state and school taxes. They have to pay those taxes just the same as US citizens do at the exact same rates. SO, you are taking their taxes by taxing them, but denying them their vote in school elections. That's a "TAKING" under the fifth amendment. UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Unless of course, as most conservatives believe, there is a TAX DISCOUNT FAIRY" that runs out and gives non-citizens a property TAX DISCOUNT because they are non-citizens.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Christopher (9th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2019), Kathy (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    You can write a book Pal but you will never convince any sane person that giving the vote to ILLEGITIMATE people is anything but madness .
    No wonder it is called a derangement syndrome .

A person like The Trump can have three eyes , six legs and dementia but it has no bearing on making illegitimate people legitimate simply by waving an imaginary Democratic fairy wand .

And I guess that if there is any one circumstance to guarantee the President an overwhelming re-election , it is this one .
    And that's great for decent Americans .
    Last edited by Christopher, 9th March 2019 at 13:15.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th March 2019), Kathy (9th March 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I posted that before I saw your post, NAP. Reading now.

The disenfranchisement of American Citizens is a much worse problem that immigrants voting in school board elections.

The precedent set by republicans of disenfranchising vast swaths of actual Americans is much more damaging to our democracy that the school board stuff.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    I wasn't aware of the circumstances. Input from undocumented citizens, yes...voting, not a good idea.. Ironically enough I agree with McCarthy (during the era of Irish immigrants, many were 'illegal', fleeing from war and poverty)

How possibly can Trump be a representative of 'decency'. Get your head straight Christopher, don't be a damn blind fool.

Trump is headed for prison. I wonder what sort of oval office he'll have set up there. He likely can use H. Clinton's reservation.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Christopher (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    The Trump has run rings around both the Shadow Government and Deep State for well over two years .
    From what i believe I know , his standing will rise even further as this year passes . Though given the way the Democrats like to repeatedly trip themselves , he does not need to do much more than watch and laugh as one winning coup follows yet another .

He continues to shuffle the balance of Federal Judges back toward sanity and with the extra evidence received through Judicial Watch in the last few days, I suspect he is about to rip the old Justice Department into little pieces . Rod Rosenstein should formally flee any day now and then the trio of Comey , McCabe and Rosenstein ( perhaps with Lynch , Rice and Wasserman Schultz ) will be cast down to where demons go these days .

Great days for America . And that means great days for so many other areas of the planet .

Thanks
    lol...

you do realize that Trump has been associated with the 'prostitute' ring that the Patriots owner has been charged with 'consorting' with. Is that one of the 'sealed indictments' that will bring down the Deep State?

'Sanity'...hardly

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Hmmm... The turiya is strong in this one.

<walks away from thread>
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (10th March 2019), Elen (9th March 2019), Emil El Zapato (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    yes, there is a definite connection...

probably 'her' 'husband'

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (9th March 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    lol...

you do realize that Trump has been associated with the 'prostitute' ring that the Patriots owner has been charged with 'consorting' with. Is that one of the 'sealed indictments' that will bring down the Deep State?Sanity'...hardly

The Donald is linked with everything , good , bad and indifferent . It's yet another price of his greatness !!!!!!!!
    He liked them pissing on him in the totally false Russian dossier bought by Hitlery and prepared by Christopher Steel with the help of Sergei Skripal .
    And only last week he was caught Walking on the Moon with his buddy Sting .

Thanks
    We can get MUCH sillier...Do you want to have a contest...all in the name of good clean fun?

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2019), Elen (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Christopher, I think you can see something here. Most people would be flabbergasted at the psychology involved in these processes...I think you might admire it...

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th March 2019), Dreamtimer (9th March 2019), Elen (10th March 2019), Kathy (10th March 2019)

Thanks
    Why do you carry so much hate and anger PAL?

And when you said , We can get much sillier --- you forgot to mention whom your friend is when kindly telling me the obvious .?
    Last edited by Christopher, 10th March 2019 at 10:59.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Christopher For This Useful Post:

Kathy (10th March 2019)