Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Autism Media Channel

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts

Autism Media Channel

Andrew Wakefield has been a topic of controversy on my thread "Excerpts from Jon Rappoport's 'The Matrix Revealed.'"

Although I researched Andrew Wakefield years ago, this controversy has caused me to have to focus on his saga again in order to defend him.

I've never viewed his film Vaxxed, which he directed, but I see the person who produced the film, British lady now apparently living in the U.S. Polly Tommey, a mother of an autistic child, has a YouTube channel AutismMediaChannel.

Here is the About page:

Description

Autism Media Channel has been created to make informative and educational videos to support people living and working with autism and associated conditions. The A Team are professionals and experts in the autism field and are dedicated to repairing broken families living with ASD.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AutismMediaChannel/about
    Here is a video with Andrew Wakefield in it:

AutismMediaChannel
    Published on Jul 3, 2016

Andrew Wakefield's speech at the 2nd Annual Health Freedom Rally held in Santa Monica in front of City Hall. Cameras and editing by Joshua Coleman.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7y5irlwQe4

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), JRS (21st February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by WantDisclosure View Post
    Andrew Wakefield has been a topic of controversy on my thread "Excerpts from Jon Rappoport's 'The Matrix Revealed.'"

Although I researched Andrew Wakefield years ago, this controversy has caused me to have to focus on his saga again in order to defend him.
    And there you say it all, i.e. you're not interested in the truth, but in the defense of Andrew Wakefield. Those are two very different ─ and in this particular case ─ directly opposed things.

Either way, you may believe and champion who and what you want, but Andrew Wakefield is a proven fraud, and the information on the Autism Media Channel and other such venues serves a misinformation-driven agenda with a few additional financial incentives. I am therefore moving this thread to the Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation category.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2019), Kitsune (2nd March 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    And there you say it all, i.e. you're not interested in the truth, but in the defense of Andrew Wakefield. Those are two very different ─ and in this particular case ─ directly opposed things.

Either way, you may believe and champion who and what you want, but Andrew Wakefield is a proven fraud, and the information on the Autism Media Channel and other such venues serves a misinformation-driven agenda with a few additional financial incentives. I am therefore moving this thread to the Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation category.
    You have abused your admin power.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019)

Thanks

First of all, I don't see how being consistent with the principles of The One Truth that proven mis- and disinformation shall be pointed out to our members and unregistered visitors alike would be an abuse of my power as the administrator of this forum. Furthermore, everything I do on account of both moderation and administration is documented on a dedicated thread in the mod room, and bears the consent of all of my colleagues.

Secondly, I think you yourself have provided enough evidence by now for everyone to be able to see that your judgment is heavily clouded at best and completely misguided at worst, and that you would as such be a poor judge on account of our administrative actions, especially since you've got quite a history of trying to tell the management of this forum how to run this place. You're always very quick to point at an imaginary splinter in someone else's eye, while you ostensibly continue to miss the beam in your own.

So now I'm going to be very blunt with you, WantDisclosure. You are a guest at this forum, and for that matter, a guest who blew her first tenure here by behaving antisocially, and whom we as the staff of The One Truth have decided to give a second chance out of genuine compassion and empathy, given that your posts were being deleted on another forum without that you received any communication from said forum's staff about that. And now you are showing your gratitude by spitting in our faces ─ again.

So here it is: if you don't like it here, then by all means, find yourself a forum to your liking and start posting your stuff there. But don't tell the staff of The One Truth how we must run our forum, don't project your own shortcomings and intellectual dishonesty on us, and don't expect the staff and the members alike to nod with approval while you knee-jerkingly dismiss both scientific and legal evidence in favor of your fanatic belief in proven fraudsters and people with an ulterior agenda.

I've said what I needed to say. What you do with it is your business, but if you wish to sustain your residence here as an active member, then I strongly advise you to adopt a different attitude.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2019), Fred Steeves (21st February 2019), Gio (22nd February 2019), Kitsune (2nd March 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), Wind (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Consider yourself lucky that Aragorn has been so lenient in your case. Were that task up to me, the door would have hit you on the way out of here long ago for adding some vital finishing touches to this place becoming an intellectual clown show.

Whether intentional or not, in my 8+ years of forum experience on this circuit you are nothing but a disruptive troll.

Now where was I...
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 21st February 2019 at 16:11.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Aragorn (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (21st February 2019), Gio (22nd February 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), Wind (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Thing is, she must believe what she posts...that isn't malicious...just dare I say it...woefully blind. One long time 'alternative formum' denizen once exclaimed at me 'that he didn't suffer fools gladly'. My response was, 'well, maybe you should'. Isn't our goal to 'help' people understand the truth. We don't want to disregard that vital function. In my estimation that is the essential function.

On the other hand, playing with personal knowledge of other denizen's 'feelings' is malicious and indicative of a psychopathic personality.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Aragorn (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), Wind (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    One long time 'alternative formum' denizen once exclaimed at me 'that he didn't suffer fools gladly'.
    That denizen wouldn't happen to have been be me would it? We *have* shared forum company for some time now and that's one opinion I may well have shared publicly at some point.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Aragorn (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Are we running people/members off for their Opinions/beliefs/communication/differences or watching ourselves triggers/pain bodies/hurts/differences/communication ?.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Elen (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), WantDisclosure (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Are we running people/members off for their Opinions/beliefs/communication/differences or watching ourselves triggers/pain bodies/hurts/differences/communication ?.
    It has been my opinion from the start that very good people have been driven away from this forum.

Additionally, I think it's inappropriate to even have the category "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation." No one here is God. No one can say what's proven or true. All humans express their opinion about what seems to be the truth.
    Last edited by WantDisclosure, 22nd February 2019 at 06:49. Reason: Add

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), JRS (23rd February 2019)

Thanks
    It has been my opinion from the start that very good people have been driven away from this forum.
    Here's an example:

Quote Originally posted by DNA View Post
    Dude you seem to think it against this forum's rules to make any connections between vaccines and negative side effects.
    You even start making sh!t up if someone throws a horse shoe close enough to this particular topic.
    I have no interest in this debate with you, other than saying you are creating drama and conflict where there was none.

As far as Andrew Wakefield is concerned I happen to believe his work lock stock and barrel Aragorn.
    Losing your medical license in this day and age is akin to a doctor having ethics and balls to confront the powers that be on their bullsh!t.

Speaking of bullsh!t Aragorn, I'm kind of sick of yours.

I wish to quit this forum, please take this as my official request to leave this forum. Thank You
    On a personal note, taking my admin hat off again, all I will say is this: Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Intolerance for honest differences of opinion is one way to drive people away.

Another way is using admin power to move legitimate member threads to "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation."

As I've already stated, I believe there is no need on a forum for "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation."

Not when the goal is to put our heads together in seeking truth.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), JRS (23rd February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    If you honestly believe that, Vern, then I am going to have to raise some serious concerns with regard to your grip on reality, and especially so since you've been a member here long enough to know the truth.

If there's anything that has become clear from both your previous and present tenure as a member of The One Truth, WantDisclosure, then it is that your opinions are strongly held, obsessively advocated, and almost invariably wrong. Time and time again you dismiss proven scientific evidence and experience in favor of the opinions of a YouTube talking head or a proven fraudster. We've seen that with your Holocaust denial, we've seen it with your Flat Earth advocacy, we've seen it with your immortal faith in Corey Goode and Emery Smith, and we're still seeing it with your completely misguided defense of Andrew Wakefield. And then I'm not even mentioning that we're seeing it in your perpetual misinterpretation of our motives as staff members and our integrity as individuals.

Most of the people who have left The One Truth have done so out of their own volition, either because they were ego-driven and not quite as "alternative" as they would like to believe, or because they were needlessly paranoid, based upon vicious rumors started by people of questionable intellect and integrity. You don't know the history of this forum, and given your cognitive biases, I doubt that you would understand it all if I were to tell you. If ─ by your own admission, and as confirmed by everyone's observation ─ you cannot even grasp humor, then how could you possibly believe yourself qualified for assessing any kind of social situation in which you don't know all of the parameters and variables?

Additionally, I think it's inappropriate to even have the category "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation." No one here is God. No one can say what's proven or true. All humans express their opinion about what seems to be the truth.
    So you are saying that reality doesn't exist? Well, maybe it doesn't exist for you, but that's only because you're in denial about it.

Furthermore, just as during your previous tenure here, you are still trying to run this forum from the sideline. Now, you may have the opinion that you are in command of this forum ─ and we can then safely add that to the stack of all the other misguided opinions you hold ─ but whether you accept it or not, you do not own The One Truth, and you are not running this forum. We are.

As it is, the staff's patience with you is already wearing thin again ─ and I am vocalizing the opinion of all staff members now. I have already kindly but with certain urgency recommended that you'd change your attitude if you seek to sustain your second tenure as a member here. I am hereby repeating this suggestion once more, but please do bear in mind that there won't be a third time.

I will also add the following... Every time someone speaks the truth about the talking heads and fraudsters you're championing, you accuse that person of smearing. Well, how many times already have you been smearing me (and covertly also Dreamtimer) since your return to active membership? And then I'm not even counting the smears you uttered at the management during your first tenure here.

If it hadn't been for me, then you wouldn't even be a member here again. But then again, I am not above making mistakes, and perhaps restoring your account to active membership out of compassion and sympathy was indeed a mistake. Judging by the (unanimous) opinion about you in the mod room right now, things certainly appear to be pointing in that direction.

Here's an example:

Dude you seem to think it against this forum's rules to make any connections between vaccines and negative side effects.
    You even start making sh!t up if someone throws a horse shoe close enough to this particular topic.
    I have no interest in this debate with you, other than saying you are creating drama and conflict where there was none.

As far as Andrew Wakefield is concerned I happen to believe his work lock stock and barrel Aragorn.
    Losing your medical license in this day and age is akin to a doctor having ethics and balls to confront the powers that be on their bullsh!t.

Speaking of bullsh!t Aragorn, I'm kind of sick of yours.

I wish to quit this forum, please take this as my official request to leave this forum. Thank You
    On a personal note, taking my admin hat off again, all I will say is this: Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

Oh, I am not in the least bit surprised that you would have dug up that old exchange, especially since you've already alluded to it in a private conversation with me earlier ─ you are all too transparent. But anyway, even though the above seems to confirm your cognitive bias ─ the Dunning-Kruger effect appears to be at play here ─ you don't know what all of that was about, and you also don't know DNA, nor do you know our history with him as a member. So let me fill you in.

Marcus ─ or DNA if you will, but everyone knew his name and he didn't mind that people addressed him as such on the open forum ─ is an emotionally very unstable person. He has a huge ego, he is full of prejudice, he exhibits all of the typical knee-jerks that make this so-called alternative community into the laughing stock of serious journalists, and he will never ─ repeat: never ─ apologize for being or having been a jerk. And in the particular exchange you are quoting here, Marcus was making the same mistake as you are constantly making, namely that he could not tell the difference between when I am speaking as Aragorn, the administrator of The One Truth, and when I am speaking as Aragorn, the person.

I have explained the science of the interaction between infants with an autism spectrum neurology and Thiomersal ─ which, incidentally, has already no longer been an ingredient of the MMR vaccine since the early 1990s ─ to Marcus, to PurpleLama and to a few other members on that particular thread, just as I have explained it to you on the John Rappoport thread. But Marcus was just like you ─ fingers in the ears, "Na na na, I can't hear you". And it wasn't the first time that Marcus had been behaving like a jerk toward me either, which is exactly why I told him not to let the door hit him in the ass.

Intolerance for honest differences of opinion is one way to drive people away.
    I don't think you know what the word "honest" means. There has been no honesty in either your opinions, your argumentation, or the way you've been and still are conducting yourself as a member here.

Another way is using admin power to move legitimate member threads to "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation."
    First of all, that's not "admin power", because a super moderator can do that too ─ moving threads from where they don't belong to where they do belong is a common maintenance task at most forums.

Secondly, you know perfectly well why that thread has been moved to Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation, because it is not a legitimate thread at all. It is misinformation, which you are championing solely on the basis of your knee-jerk rejection of proven scientific research and your denial of several court cases against Wakefield in which he was found guilty of dishonesty, unethical conduct and fraud.

As I've already stated, I believe there is no need on a forum for "Proven Hoaxes & Misinformation."

Not when the goal is to put our heads together in seeking truth.
    Seeking the truth is exactly why there needs to be a category for misinformation and hoaxes. But then again, you are not seeking the truth. You are only propagandizing your own opinions, and for that matter, with complete disregard for the truth.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Chris (22nd February 2019), Dreamtimer (22nd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), Gio (22nd February 2019), Kathy (22nd February 2019), Kitsune (9th May 2019), palooka's revenge (22nd February 2019), tarka the duck (22nd February 2019), Wind (22nd February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    when I saw it, it moved me to put a dif spin on it... not as something to post, but as an exercise to poke around at how I think and feel. in this case I blame such shenanigans on PTSD from sittin round the tables of the brotherhood and sisterhood of the empty chalice back in the early days of my sobriety where... if U tried to talk about feelings U could get yer kahunas handed to you by the old timers. It's where I first learned that talkin' bout pain bodies and hurts can clear a room in a heartbeat...

palooka seeks revenge for such transgressions if only for his own private entertainment and sassifaction. Like i said, I don't write 'em to post em but I'm moved to make an exception on this one. this is what rolled out on the heals of vern's comment....

i've been around awhile.
    when i see this...

watching ourselves triggers/pain bodies/hurts/differences/communication

i'm no longer surprised.
    when it triggers this...

running people/members off

when ya can't stand the heat ya get otta the kitchen.
    some manage to do it in mysterious ways...

becoming authentic to oneself
    is a frightening trip...

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Aragorn (23rd February 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2019), Elen (23rd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (22nd February 2019), Kitsune (9th May 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), WantDisclosure (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    my post went away for some reason...

My earlier reply...no it wasn't you, you have always been reasonable to me...Zook was the guy...and an interesting one he is....
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd February 2019), Aragorn (23rd February 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd February 2019), Elen (23rd February 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), WantDisclosure (22nd February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Often in ones nitty gritty times, it what one does not know about oneself that is most important, even as ripples confirm n true friends pat, the big pic is higher self wants it.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd February 2019), Elen (23rd February 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd February 2019), Kathy (23rd February 2019), tarka the duck (24th February 2019), WantDisclosure (23rd February 2019)

Thanks
    What a pity this member is no longer posting:

That is very well said.

Shout it from the rooftops.