Thread: How to detect truth from lies in the age of fake news?

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,535 Times in 1,305 Posts

How to detect truth from lies in the age of fake news?

Robert David Steele: "There's no difference between Democrats and Republicans; they're both corrupt."

That is an extremely important, and accurate, statement in my opinion.

UNITE AMERICA FIRST
    Published on Feb 15, 2019

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N02OT5gY5to

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th February 2019), Kathy (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Have to put this on the watch next list and yes no difference.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Have to put this on the watch next list and yes no difference.
    I used to be a Democrat and was active in Jerry Brown's bid for the Presidential nomination years ago. That was before 9/11.

I was also a supporter of Howard Dean; I took the maximum allowed dollar contribution out of my retirement savings to support his bid.

But after years of having the benefit of alternative media, I wised up to the metaphorical man behind the curtain keeping us all busy with the endless left-right paradigm of bickering among we the people in response to engineered theater in politics.

Thank God for alternative media.

We still have it.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), JRS (18th February 2019), Kathy (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My brother used to say, "The only difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Republicans get away with it." When I asked, "Get away with what?" He replied, "It doesn't matter, they don't get caught."

He left out the part about not being held accountable...

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (17th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2019), Kathy (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    political polarity

Democrat-------------Republican
    Democrat---------------------------Republican
    Democrat--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Republican
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Elen (17th February 2019), Kathy (17th February 2019), palooka's revenge (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by WantDisclosure View Post

Thank God for alternative media.
    the problem with our alt media... it has become too much like our MSM... hummmm... can we stand to know how that happened???

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    Alternative media is misnamed. There should be two names:

1. Alternative Political Media: extreme right wing bullsh*t, (for fantasy prone personalities, psychopaths, dream weavers, haters, money hungry, Fundamentalists, ... ad nauseum)

2. Alternative Theory Media: Involves itself with the paranormal, parapsychology, UFOlogy, myth, ancient history, hard science, theoretical science, psychology, social consciousness/awareness, existentialialism, philosophy, etc.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Elen (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Alternative media is misnamed. There should be two names:

1. Alternative Political Media: extreme right wing bullsh*t, (for fantasy prone personalities, psychopaths, dream weavers, haters, money hungry, Fundamentalists, ... ad nauseum)

2. Alternative Theory Media: Involves itself with the paranormal, parapsychology, UFOlogy, myth, ancient history, hard science, theoretical science, psychology, social consciousness/awareness, existentialialism, philosophy, etc.
    personally i cant give the left a pass... cuz they're doin it too... they just go about it dif. i can't even characterize it into words... but i can damn sure feel it...

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Elen (17th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    that's true...but there is where the paths diverge.

A lie is a lie, BUT, we have always felt ambivalent towards the 'White' lie...Let us call it the 'Light' lie.

Does a lie intend to harm for selfish reasons?
    Does a lie intend to ameliorate harm for selfless reasons?

There's a huuuuggggeee difference in my 'mind's eye'

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Elen (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    that's true...but there is where the paths diverge.

A lie is a lie, BUT, we have always felt ambivalent towards the 'White' lie...Let us call it the 'Light' lie.

Does a lie intend to harm for selfish reasons?
    Does a lie intend to ameliorate harm for selfless reasons?

There's a huuuuggggeee difference in my 'mind's eye'
    no argument from me NAP... INTENTION is like... 7th game, world series, bottom of the 9th, 2 out... everybody's on... tie game... i'm up....

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (17th February 2019), Elen (17th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (17th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)

Thanks
    I was checking myself and found this interesting:

Existentialism is a tradition of philosophical inquiry associated mainly with certain 19th and 20th-century European philosophers who, despite profound doctrinal differences, shared the belief that philosophical thinking begins with the human subject—not merely the thinking subject, but the acting, feeling, living human individual. While the predominant value of existentialist thought is commonly acknowledged to be freedom, its primary virtue is authenticity. In the view of the existentialist, the individual's starting point is characterized by what has been called "the existential attitude", or a sense of disorientation, confusion, or dread in the face of an apparently meaningless or absurd world. Many existentialists have also regarded traditional systematic or academic philosophies, in both style and content, as too abstract and remote from concrete human experience.

- wiki -

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    the problem with our alt media... it has become too much like our MSM... hummmm... can we stand to know how that happened???
    I do worry about in-fighting.

Is that what you're talking about?

But if it weren't for the internet, I never would have figured out that 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't smart enough on my own.

Jon Rappoport's investigation journalism blows my mind. I wouldn't have gotten it from the mainstream.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to WantDisclosure For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by WantDisclosure View Post
    I do worry about in-fighting.

Is that what you're talking about?

But if it weren't for the internet, I never would have figured out that 9/11 was an inside job. I wasn't smart enough on my own.

Jon Rappoport's investigation journalism blows my mind. I wouldn't have gotten it from the mainstream.
    NO... it's the disinfo, bandit of the truth...

yup, we can thank the net for that... but that's where it ends.... however... no need to throw the baby out with the bathwater... it'll just come back anyway... done't let the form change fool ya.

cuz that's the unseen, fundamental nature of the dynamics of denial movie runnin' right before our eyes... we can only change it... for better or worse... if either are as possible as all things are, we just may end up findin' the way... one way... or 'tother...
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 17th February 2019 at 19:08.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (18th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (18th February 2019), WantDisclosure (17th February 2019)