Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 181

Thread: Next USA President - Marianne Williamson

  1. #61
    Super Moderator Norway Elen's Avatar
    Join Date
    2nd July 2015
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,311
    Thanks
    57,221
    Thanked 19,837 Times in 4,313 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    I like her
    Whatever is true. Whatever is noble. Whatever is right. Whatever is lovely. Whatever is admirable. Anything of excellence and worthy of praise. Dwell on these things. Jesus Christ (I agree)

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (9th July 2019), Aragorn (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Sammy (10th July 2019)

  3. #62
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts
    When the next debates and what determinds who is in or out ?

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (9th July 2019)

  5. #63

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (10th July 2019)

  7. #64
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (9th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (10th July 2019), Sammy (10th July 2019)

  9. #65
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts

  10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (10th July 2019), Elen (10th July 2019), Sammy (10th July 2019)

  11. #66
    Senior Member United States Sammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    4,639
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 1,109 Posts
    And this article she wrote clinches it for me... if she could only win the Democratic nomination, she would get my vote.

    and for those who need a video -


    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5WgJBB5N1U


    The key for me though is her world view

    She is an idealist (consciousness has primacy). IMO the world only has one shot to alter the direction of self-destruction I happen to perceive it is on and that is for a shift in consciousness to come forth which, first and foremost, that rejects materialism as the prevailing cosmological, metaphysical world view.

    Without that (again... just my opinion) this particular version of "The Grand Experiment" (meant as a metaphor) is toast.
    Last edited by Sammy, 10th July 2019 at 21:54.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

    It's just a ride

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

    https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

    http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Aragorn (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019)

  13. #67
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    13,608
    Thanks
    60,485
    Thanked 56,337 Times in 13,598 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    The key for me though is her world view

    She is an idealist (consciousness has primacy). IMO the world only has one shot to alter the direction of self-destruction I happen to perceive it is on and that is for a shift in consciousness to come forth which, first and foremost, rejects materialism as the prevailing cosmological, metaphysical world view.

    Without that (again... just my opinion) this particular version of "The Grand Experiment" (meant as a metaphor) is toast.
    There's just one problem here, Brother. Both the US Democrats and the US Republicans are controlled by the same corporate entities. As a result, while the methods will differ between the Democrats and the Republicans, the objectives will never change.

    Marianne Williamson represents a break with the paradigm that thrives on those objectives, so the Democrats are never going to let her get away with it, any more than that they were going to let Bernie Sanders get away with it while he was running against Hillary Clinton for Democratic presidential candidate, or that the Republicans were willing to let Ron Paul get away with it.

    The US bipartisan system is a self-reinforcing autocracy. Either you're on the inside and then you toe the line, or you're on the outside and then you don't matter.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Sammy (10th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

  15. #68
    Senior Member United States Sammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    4,639
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    There's just one problem here, Brother. Both the US Democrats and the US Republicans are controlled by the same corporate entities. As a result, while the methods will differ between the Democrats and the Republicans, the objectives will never change.

    Marianne Williamson represents a break with the paradigm that thrives on those objectives, so the Democrats are never going to let her get away with it, any more than that they were going to let Bernie Sanders get away with it while he was running against Hillary Clinton for Democratic presidential candidate, or that the Republicans were willing to let Ron Paul get away with it.

    The US bipartisan system is a self-reinforcing autocracy. Either you're on the inside and then you toe the line, or you're on the outside and then you don't matter.
    As an odds maker by trade I never say never to anything that is possible. But as an odds maker by trade I put her chances of getting the nomination at 1 chance above zero. We both agree the game is rigged. Regardless though, I still enjoy rooting for those I perceive to be "the good guys" or when its the choice between low life's I root against the one I perceive to be the lowest. That's just me.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

    It's just a ride

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

    https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

    http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Aragorn (10th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019)

  17. #69
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    There's just one problem here, Brother. Both the US Democrats and the US Republicans are controlled by the same corporate entities. As a result, while the methods will differ between the Democrats and the Republicans, the objectives will never change.

    Marianne Williamson represents a break with the paradigm that thrives on those objectives, so the Democrats are never going to let her get away with it, any more than that they were going to let Bernie Sanders get away with it while he was running against Hillary Clinton for Democratic presidential candidate, or that the Republicans were willing to let Ron Paul get away with it.

    The US bipartisan system is a self-reinforcing autocracy. Either you're on the inside and then you toe the line, or you're on the outside and then you don't matter.
    May be some truth in that as she was the most google searched candidate but had on polling afterwards well less than 1 %.

    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    As an odds maker by trade I never say never to anything that is possible. But as an odds maker by trade I put her chances of getting the nomination at 1 chance above zero. We both agree the game is rigged. Regardless though, I still enjoy rooting for those I perceive to be "the good guys" or when its the choice between low life's I root against the one I perceive to be the lowest. That's just me.
    It was rigged for hillary also though , yes

  18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Sammy (11th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

  19. #70
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    3,718
    Thanks
    14,669
    Thanked 16,643 Times in 3,720 Posts
    Different opinion here...but what the hey...corporate ownership...some are owned because they are invested in it...those that aren't, fight, but know that the corporations are boss...either you play or you get nothing...
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Aragorn (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019)

  21. #71
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts
    People ultimately hold the power.

  22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), NotAPretender (11th July 2019), Sammy (11th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

  23. #72
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    3,718
    Thanks
    14,669
    Thanked 16,643 Times in 3,720 Posts
    power in numbers...no doubt about it...
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Aragorn (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

  25. #73
    Senior Member United States Sammy's Avatar
    Join Date
    29th January 2015
    Location
    Dallas, Texas USA
    Posts
    1,123
    Thanks
    4,639
    Thanked 5,734 Times in 1,109 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    People ultimately hold the power.
    It would be nice if true. The more I study the machinations of this world, the less I am comfortable in believing that. Call me jaded.
    All the above is all and only my opinion. It may contain some sharing of components of my current operating strategy and some foundational components of my current world view - all subject to change and not meant to be true for anyone else regardless of how I phrase it.

    It's just a ride

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGD...vgBsCHmlC13jOg

    https://www.facebook.com/samhunter57

    http://merlynagain.blogspot.com/

  26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (11th July 2019), Aragorn (11th July 2019), Dreamtimer (11th July 2019), Elen (11th July 2019), NotAPretender (12th July 2019), Wind (11th July 2019)

  27. #74
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Sammy View Post
    And this article she wrote clinches it for me... if she could only win the Democratic nomination, she would get my vote.

    and for those who need a video -


    Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5WgJBB5N1U


    The key for me though is her world view

    She is an idealist (consciousness has primacy). IMO the world only has one shot to alter the direction of self-destruction I happen to perceive it is on and that is for a shift in consciousness to come forth which, first and foremost, that rejects materialism as the prevailing cosmological, metaphysical world view.

    Without that (again... just my opinion) this particular version of "The Grand Experiment" (meant as a metaphor) is toast.
    Great lady, great and exposing vid

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (11th July 2019), Elen (12th July 2019)

  29. #75
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,119
    Thanks
    28,865
    Thanked 25,639 Times in 5,822 Posts
    Couple of moons old but the conviction, yehaaaaaa


  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (15th July 2019), Elen (15th July 2019)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •