Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Next USA President - Marianne Williamson

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Nice article > https://www.marianne2020.com/posts/m...istic-politics

y Andrew Whalen
    7/10/2019
    Newsweek
    Marianne Williamson, candidate in the Democratic primary for the 2020 presidential election, tweeted a meme combining a quote from her writing and the landmark anime series Neon Genesis Evangelion, which has seen a resurgence in popularity after a recent streaming release on Netflix.
    "Value does not derive from labour; it derives from self-actualization," the Evangelion meme Williamson posted to her Instagram account reads. "Everything we do to help people express themselves at a higher level puts value into the economy."
    The words come from a June tweet by Williamson, who authored multiple bestselling spiritual advice books before launching her run for president in January. "As the 21st-century unfolds, it's time to completely debunk economic theories left over from the 19th & 20th," precedes the meme copy in the original tweet. This additional context more explicitly frames the sentiment as a refutation of the labor theory of value, often associated with Marxist analysis.

Many of Williamson's policy proposals align with the more progressive side of the Democratic primary slate, with a climate policy similar to proposals from Jay Inslee (though Williamson is for a "transition away from" nuclear energy), robust child advocacy, a Medicare buy-in path to universal coverage and a top-down reform of U.S. policing, with localized programs overseen by a federal Department of Peace. But Williamson separates herself on messaging, with a focus on the role of an individual in a spiritual collective, where economic metrics are insufficient to the task of evaluating human wellbeing.
    Newsweek reached out to the Williamson campaign for additional context, but did not hear back in time for publication.

Exploitation of the working class leading to systematic undervaluing of labor―an analysis not necessarily dependent on a labor theory of value―is the foundation of Bernie Sanders appeal to the working class. Sanders has garnered support from a broad donor base, attracting employees of Walmart, Amazon and other big retailers, where low wages make for precarious living (particularly when health issues arise). But rather than an attack on Sanders directly, Williamson's tweet and subsequent meme is more accurately read as an appeal to the same discontents, replacing the economic idiom that dominates political discourse around human wellbeing by speaking to individuated, interior wellbeing.

Williamson's Evangelion meme can also be read more broadly, as a corrective or addendum to the liberal mindset that focuses on material conditions and assumes general wellbeing will follow. A consistent theme of Williamson's campaign has been reversing that causality, by turning individual spiritualities into a political force that shapes any response to material need and injustice.
    Williamson's caption for the meme reads:
    "The biggest problem with the world is that we do not show up for one another. We withdraw in judgment rather than extending ourselves into each other's lives. There is literally nothing we could not achieve where we willing to join with each other at deeper levels. Some people say, 'Stick with spirituality, Marianne; stay out of politics.' But that's like saying to an artist, 'Create something beautiful but never show it to the world.' Spirituality without application is dead. It's in the world of politics that transgression against a spiritual sensibility is the most egregious and most dangerous. Humanity will literally not be able to survive itself, if we do not awaken to our oneness and come to the realization that in love and love alone are we at home. Evangeline created this meme, and I saw it online today. Those are indeed my words, and I think people turning them into memes is utterly fascinating. What a way for the mind to process something. The use of lightheartedness can be a very serious thing. #bigtruth"*
    While it's unclear whether Williamson enjoyed the meme on its own, or is writing as a fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion, her caption is an apt exploration of many of the anime's themes. The series centers on a boy who struggles to find meaningful human connections, retreating into himself as alien "Angels" attack an environmentally devastated Earth.

Asuka fighting the Mass Production Evas in "The End of Evangelion."GAINAX / TOEI COMPANY
    The image in the Evangelion meme doesn't come from the 26-episode anime, originally released in 1995, but from the series-concluding movie, The End of Evangelion. The meme moment can be spotted in a fight between a mecha piloted by German wunderkind Asuka Langley Soryu and the "Mass Production Evangelions," which lack the spiritual, mind-to-mind, emotion-to-emotion bonding essential to piloting the show's titular giant, cybernetic organisms. The merits of human oneness against the confines of our isolated selves―separated from each other, in Evangelion lingo, by a literal "Absolute Terror Field"―becomes a key theme in the anime series, just as it has in Williamson's campaign.
    Williamson addressed the practical application of these principles in her 4th of July address.
    "If we want peace, you can't just endlessly prepare for war, you have to wage peace," Williamson said, from the stage in Concord, New Hampshire's Phenix Hall. "I'm going to tell you the main factors in peace-building, and it's not going to surprise anyone. Number one, expand educational opportunities for children. Number two, expand economic opportunities for women. Number three, ameliorate unnecessary human suffering. And four, diminish violence against women. We should see large groups of desperate people as a national security risk. Desperate people do desperate things. Desperate people are more vulnerable to ideological capture by genuinely psychotic forces."
    "We need a political, moral, economic and social revolution in the United States," Williamson concluded. "We need a basic and fundamental interruption of the economic and social patterns in the United States. Why? Because it is the patriotic thing to do."
    Last edited by Aragorn, 25th July 2019 at 02:32. Reason: you double-posted :p

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th July 2019), Elen (25th July 2019)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by donk View Post

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8sBN_8d4s

I like Williamson, this was a hoot...but I am terrified Biden is gonna Hillary this dumb election and we get 4 more years of “5d-chess” from the dark side’s reality show host “representing” our once slightly-less-racist-seeming country.

Hope 8 years of pu$$y grabber is not enough to go completely fascist. We’re pretty close already #itcanthappenhere

Oops....sorry, been a while, to the topic (I did not even hardly skim the thread): as much as I’d love a Pres MW...I found the thread title (and amount of posts) amazing, it may be unique to this forum.
    I think Trump takes it in 2020...unfortunately. He is an ignoramus on so many levels. Strangely though, he has this weird animal intelligence when it comes to power. What he has pulled on Canada is superbly Machiovellian. We have such a witless poseur leader, it would make me laugh if I didn't live here and actual lives and an entire economy wasn't at stake.

I wouldn't call it 5d chess though. He just excels at being a perfect a**hole.

I do love Marianne Williamson. She balances pragmatism with idealism. I wish she could win.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th July 2019), Aragorn (25th July 2019), Chester (28th July 2019), Dreamtimer (25th July 2019), Elen (25th July 2019), Wind (25th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    I do love Marianne Williamson. She balances pragmatism with idealism. I wish she could win.
    If all the people who are now wasting their energy on Donald Trump and the QAnonsense™ jesters were to focus that energy on Marianne ─ a truly enlightened candidate who rises above the battle between thesis and antithesis ─ instead, then not only would she win, but then all of the dirt floating around in the political system of the USA would be filtered out, and then the American people would genuinely have a chance of repairing their dysfunctional country.

Alas, like you, I don't see that happening in 2020 just yet...
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (25th July 2019), Dreamtimer (25th July 2019), Elen (25th July 2019), Wind (25th July 2019)

Thanks
    I think Trump takes it in 2020...unfortunately. He is an ignoramus on so many levels. Strangely though, he has this weird animal intelligence when it comes to power. What he has pulled on Canada is superbly Machiovellian. We have such a witless poseur leader, it would make me laugh if I didn't live here and actual lives and an entire economy wasn't at stake.

I wouldn't call it 5d chess though. He just excels at being a perfect a**hole.

From memory, this thread started after some noospheric diving ( deep form of meditation ) when very high potentials gave rise to No second Trump term, So in asking the universe whats a goin on, MW was the reply, this thread then started, would pay imo to see who might get the baton passed to, in the other trouser leg ( republinking ), likely also spiritually orientated.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th July 2019), Dreamtimer (25th July 2019), Elen (25th July 2019), Kathy (25th July 2019)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Reason I picked up on her and energies of her future wise is because I had some time ago while noospheric diving ( going within collective mind wise ) that Trump will not have a second term or better said, that timeline was non existant at that time and now also. Who would take their place dear Universe I asked, this is one answer given so far, a strong one atm.

Especially since the Dem Rep divide is being seen for what it is by many USAians, of late.
    Yes on post two at start of thread >

Was feb 5th

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th July 2019), Dreamtimer (25th July 2019), Elen (25th July 2019), Kathy (25th July 2019)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    If all the people who are now wasting their energy on Donald Trump and the QAnonsense™ jesters were to focus that energy on Marianne ─ a truly enlightened candidate who rises above the battle between thesis and antithesis ─ instead, then not only would she win, but then all of the dirt floating around in the political system of the USA would be filtered out, and then the American people would genuinely have a chance of repairing their dysfunctional country.

How do you think it will play out? Do you see the repuglicans engaging in serious warfare or are they going to have a collapsing economy to deal with and crumbling infrastructure to replace. Will that keep them busy enough to leave the rest of the world alone? God, I hope so. If they do have a serious economic collapse to deal with they may institute Marshall law. I figure. Maybe I am being paranoid and also, their system of government currently, is so close to full on military dictatorship it likely doesn't matter. I am confused by it.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Aragorn (25th July 2019), Dreamtimer (25th July 2019), Elen (26th July 2019), Wind (25th July 2019)

Thanks

How do you think it will play out? Do you see the repuglicans engaging in serious warfare or are they going to have a collapsing economy to deal with and crumbling infrastructure to replace. Will that keep them busy enough to leave the rest of the world alone? God, I hope so. If they do have a serious economic collapse to deal with they may institute Marshall law. I figure. Maybe I am being paranoid and also, their system of government currently, is so close to full on military dictatorship it likely doesn't matter. I am confused by it.
    Well, the one thing that anyone can count on when it comes to Donald Trump is that he's very capricious. So he may yet pull a few nasty rabbits out of his hat on account of his international politics. But in overall, I don't see anything significant changing in his policy before 2020 comes along, and I'm not expecting any economic collapse either, given how Trump keeps on putting money into the pockets of the big corporations. Donald Trump is a fascist oligarch ─ which is probably why the Russians helped him win the elections, although we'll have to wait until after he leaves the White House before Robert Mueller can freely reveal the truth behind that affair.

2020 will be a tricky deadline for Marianne Williamson to meet, given that Trump still has so many people behind him. And those people are not behind Trump because he would be good at what he does, but rather because he's got them in a state of hypnosis, with the help of the QAnonsense™ perpetrators. And it literally is a state of hypnosis ─ if not psychosis ─ because they are seeing things that aren't there, and they're unable to focus on anything other than that illusion. And all of those people are constituents. So if Marianne Williamson is to beat Donald Trump in 2020, then she's going to have to win over more than half of all US Americans with absolute certainty, given that Trump still has a fat 40% of the population behind him with vigor right now as we speak.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Bob (25th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (26th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th July 2019), Wind (25th July 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I listened to part of the 1st post of this thread and I was actually impressed on a number of levels. Without knowing more, it seems she was mischaracterized after her debate appearance.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Aragorn (26th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (27th July 2019)

Thanks
    Yes she was NAP, I enjoyed seeing that as meant her continuing impact is present, she is more than on the radar, indeed more, nobody in either trouser leg ( rep or dem ) is of her energy or consciousness soooo this new will build up, some believe that Obama's wife will be injected late, likely once Biden goes.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)

Thanks
    Yes she was NAP, I enjoyed seeing that as meant her continuing impact is present, she is more than on the radar, indeed more, nobody in either trouser leg ( rep or dem ) is of her energy or consciousness soooo this new will build up, some believe that Obama's wife will be injected late, likely once Biden goes.
    It would be a genuine bombshell if she were to win. But I'm crossing my fingers for her.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    It would be a genuine bombshell if she were to win. But I'm crossing my fingers for her.
    Let's hope that people are sufficiently clear-sighted to see what she is all about...see what we've got in front of us with her.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Aragorn (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)

Thanks
    Lol, If she is allowed to get to ten per cent, true poll wise, which may happen, then belief will occur n then huge trouble ( unseen by weres and Qetc ) WTF all over the place, lol on all sides, the spiritually positive lift for humanity even with a ten % poll would be world changing behugestish.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Lol, If she is allowed to get to ten per cent, true poll wise, which may happen, then belief will occur n then huge trouble ( unseen by weres and Qetc ) WTF all over the place, lol on all sides, the spiritually positive lift for humanity even with a ten % poll would be world changing behugestish.
    Wouldn't it be nice!!

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Aragorn (27th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)

Thanks
    Indeed, just look at the three of us, last posts here, What ? Belgium, Scotland and NZ all encouraged, desiring and hopefullll, Tisa great start lol

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Indeed, just look at the three of us, last posts here, What ? Belgium, Scotland and NZ all encouraged, desiring and hopefullll, Tisa great start lol
    Oh yeah, she's already got one foot in the oval office now.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th July 2019), Dreamtimer (27th July 2019), Elen (27th July 2019), Emil El Zapato (27th July 2019)