Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Edge of Wonder

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Yip they got smashed in 2020 for talking and being interested in what others do not wish to offend tptw with BUT they be back and Tartarian vid to begin with.

https://rumble.com/vz6dgp-tartaria-t...coC48Suhg_7h44
    Funny thing is that these boys worked the data, the facts, the speculation plus what ifs, into a gem vid that goes into the hoax section because many cannot fathom these simple world wide facts being true, time will be generous though.

ps actually i would really respect a simple straight response from the likes of Gio as he is into well presented materials far n wide.
    Here's a different way of looking at the same thing:
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (26th April 2022), Aragorn (26th April 2022), Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Wind (26th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Okay, felt you do your best to be neutral , comparing both is a laugh and thankyou

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (27th April 2022), Fred Steeves (26th April 2022), Wind (27th April 2022)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Okay, felt you do your best to be neutral , comparing both is a laugh and thankyou
    Not really meaning for the two videos to be compared. The point was that internet research should consist of more than wanting something to be true, and then setting out to find sites that will corroborate something as being true.

There's gonna be other places that will look at the same thing, and have a totally different explanation as to what's going on there, those should be taken into account as well before firm decisions are made.

The video I shared was an example of that.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2022), Aragorn (26th April 2022), donk (29th April 2022), Wind (26th April 2022)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The point was that internet research should consist of more than wanting something to be true, and then setting out to find sites that will corroborate something as being true.

There's gonna be other places that will look at the same thing, and have a totally different explanation as to what's going on there, those should be taken into account as well before firm decisions are made.
    I'll second that. I've been disappointed a multitude of times at this point. But for me that's better than continuing to cling to an idea which isn't bearing out. And I'm sure glad some of them haven't!

"...theory falls apart, as if struck by a massive mud flood."

I get not wanting to give up the legacy of Khan or Tamerlane. The same is true now with the legacy of Russia, which just got shredded by Putin. That's gonna be a very hard one to swallow. The Russians will have to figure out how to separate their rich history from the blight of soviet corruption and Putin's own kind of corruption.

"From Asian sources in hundreds of languages and forms..." That's a lot of sourcing to be taken quite seriously.

The commentary on the European map makers is quite entertaining and useful. The cultural dynamics sure did affect their accuracy. They had their own versions of the sharpie.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th April 2022), Aragorn (27th April 2022), Wind (27th April 2022)