Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: [Propaganda] The Invasion

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Calling out hate speech is not being PC.

Calling out wrong behaviors is simply that and no more.

It's an interesting pattern of behavior to see emotions attributed where they don't exist. It's a method to avoid the issue at hand and is tantamount to personal attack. Calling a person emotional or hate-filled is a copout.
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2018), Aragorn (4th December 2018), Elen (4th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    All due respect dear DT, I called you out on politics and you ignored, said I was incorrect in my observation etc, you be in my top 5 squeaky clean internet friends, very glad your not perfect.
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th December 2018), Elen (4th December 2018)

Thanks
    What did I ignore, Aianawa? I recall you saying that I seemed to be brainwashed.

You can link to what it is that I ignored.

I have yet to express in any detail whatever my political views are. I can say that I'm not partisan and don't relate only to one team or another. I have stated that I'm independent.

I've also stated that if I lived in a mostly Republican state I would be registered Republican so that I could vote in the primaries. I've also stated that it doesn't matter so much in a Democratic state because they don't shut folks out of primaries like the Republicans do.

That's one of the major differences. Democrats encourage people to register and vote. Republicans do all they can to suppress the vote.

Gingrich's whole campaign of negativity had this as a purpose because negative politics caused voting to go down.

Any time voting numbers go up, Democrats get more votes. That's pretty much how it's been throughout my life.

I live here you know.

Take a look at Wisconsin if you want to see how much Republicans are sore losers. They undermine every aspect of democratic operation they can. And NC is finding itself in court over its blatant fraud.

Blatant.

Trump is full of crap when he talks about Mueller's 'angry democrats'. There's no such thing. Most Americans know that the law enforcement/justice part of the country has been heavily Republican for decades.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 4th December 2018 at 13:41.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2018), Aragorn (4th December 2018), Elen (5th December 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 397 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    What did I ignore, Aianawa? I recall you saying that I seemed to be brainwashed.

You can link to what it is that I ignored.

I have yet to express in any detail whatever my political views are. I can say that I'm not partisan and don't relate only to one team or another. I have stated that I'm independent.

I've also stated that if I lived in a mostly Republican state I would be registered Republican so that I could vote in the primaries. I've also stated that it doesn't matter so much in a Democratic state because they don't shut folks out of primaries like the Republicans do.

That's one of the major differences. Democrats encourage people to register and vote. Republicans do all they can to suppress the vote.

Gingrich's whole campaign of negativity had this as a purpose because negative politics caused voting to go down.

Any time voting numbers go up, Democrats get more votes. That's pretty much how it's been throughout my life.

I live here you know.

Take a look at Wisconsin if you want to see how much Republicans are sore losers. They undermine every aspect of democratic operation they can. And NC is finding itself in court over its blatant fraud.

Blatant.

Trump is full of crap when he talks about Mueller's 'angry democrats'. There's no such thing. Most Americans know that the law enforcement/justice part of the country has been heavily Republican for decades.
    Everybody is brainwashed. They just are not aware that they are.
    The only person that would not be brainwashed, and there are very, very few of these people around, would be somebody that has attained the state of 'enlightenment'.

Your statements above are chalk-filled with showing you are b̶i̶p̶a̶r̶t̶i̶s̶a̶n̶ (edit) partisan.

You just don't know it. Or rather, you just don't want to see that you are.
    It is what is quite obvious.
    Last edited by turiya, 5th December 2018 at 13:45.
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2018), Steven (4th December 2018)

(account terminated) United States
    Thanks
    Well it just keeps getting more interesting.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (4th December 2018)

Thanks
    Bipartisan means that I reach across the aisle to work with both (really all) sides. Which is what I do.

It's a waste of time arguing with people who think they know what I feel when they don't know me at all.

Too many read into words things that aren't there. What's happening in Wisconsin is simply wrong. It doesn't matter what party does it. It's undemocratic.

And pretending that what I say is partisan is a nice, simple way of ignoring the problem and avoiding conversation.

Typical.

I've done the 'know thyself' thing throughout my life. And I have a lifetime of people, sooner or later, telling me that I was right. Unfortunately, it's quite often too late to avoid whatever trouble was imminent.

Sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

I'm not interested in sitting around waiting to learn the hard way so I'll continue to try to have conversations with people who have open eyes, ears and minds, whatever direction they are coming from.

Birds of a feather flock together. I know just about every kind of bird there is. I don't have a team. I live in the world with everyone.
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Aragorn (5th December 2018), Elen (5th December 2018), Kathy (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    I've done the 'know thyself' thing throughout my life. And I have a lifetime of people, sooner or later, telling me that I was right. Unfortunately, it's quite often too late to avoid whatever trouble was imminent.
    Ditto on my end.

Sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

I'm not interested in sitting around waiting to learn the hard way so I'll continue to try to have conversations with people who have open eyes, ears and minds, whatever direction they are coming from.

Birds of a feather flock together. I know just about every kind of bird there is. I don't have a team. I live in the world with everyone.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Dreamtimer (5th December 2018), Elen (5th December 2018), Kathy (10th December 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 397 Posts
    Yeah, I see the typo.
    Now fixed.
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Steven (5th December 2018)

Thanks
    Here's what a Wisconsin Republican has to say.

Sheldon Lubar has been a powerful and influential Republican in Wisconsin for decades, and a strong supporter of Gov. Scott Walker.

Until now.

In a sharply worded email sent to Walker over the lunch hour Tuesday, Lubar pointedly criticized the governor and asked him to consider what the governor's recently deceased father and Jesus Christ would say about his actions regarding legislative efforts to limit the powers of Gov.-elect Tony Evers and Attorney General-elect Josh Kaul.

"If you are asking why I changed, I must say I didn't, you did. You let your presidential political ambitions supersede your duties and obligations to the people of Wisconsin. This was too much for me."

Lubar pleaded with Walker not to destroy his reputation by siding with Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald.

'What they are planning for the Republican Party of Wisconsin will malign its integrity and lead to its downfall. Worse, it will damage Wisconsin as it ignores the will of the majority of Wisconsin voters."

It's not partisan to point out wrong and damaging behavior. It's the right thing to do.

And now...
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Aragorn (5th December 2018), Elen (6th December 2018), JRS (7th December 2018), Kathy (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    Tucker Carlson debate on the migrants
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Elen (6th December 2018), turiya (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    HUNDREDS OF CARAVANS ARE IN THE U.S. | CALL IN SHOW | WHAT THE NEWS ISN'T TELLING YOU
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), Elen (7th December 2018), turiya (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    Finally It's Happening Now! DHS Just Did This To SHUT DOWN The ENTIRE BORDER Its OVER
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th December 2018), turiya (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    Influx of illegal border crossings from migrant caravan impacts San Diego, Calif
    ...to the topTop

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (9th December 2018), turiya (10th December 2018)

Thanks
    Arrests? more arrests and arrests and more arrests. Gee could it be that the arrests are really happening and we are not paying attention?

BREAKING: ICE Arrests 105 in New Jersey in 5 Day Sweep

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXp-EFH-nRE

Arm chair captains and NPC's pay attention now, keep up with the tour
    ...to the topTop

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Steven For This Useful Post:

turiya (10th December 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    All I have to contribute to this thread is do not get distracted by Qanon et al. What were you doing before it started? Haven't you abandoned something more important so as to engage with Qanon AND pass it on? ALL that energy being put into Qanon, that mentality of division, could be put to better use. You know this. You have experience of it already.
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th December 2018), Fred Steeves (10th December 2018), turiya (10th December 2018)