Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Propaganda] The Invasion

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    This is all nonsense folks...Some residents are indeed upset about the 'invasion'. They are not calling it an invasion...b.t.w. They are calling it an 'influx of asylum seekers' which it actually is. A small percentage are complaining and are likely paid by Trump to do it. Most of the citizens are actually helping them by providing food, water, and other needed living requirements.

Please don't provide any impetus to the nonsense propaganda that is on this thread. That is the intent...to mislead, to provide a false argument for a false cause. It truly is a sickness motivating this stuff.

And to be honest it is pretty irrelevant to Mexico, because they are acting correctly there, but that is not so in the U.S. The sickness exists at the very top and that is what has to be addressed. Not to beat a dead horse but that is what Trump's investigators are doing.

What a sad sad faux something or other...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Aragorn (23rd November 2018), Chris (23rd November 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd November 2018), Wind (26th November 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    "Invasion" is meant to trigger people. And it does. Sadly, the more people are triggered and put into fearful mindsets, the more often and easier that happens.

This is why we're supposed to be able to rely on our President to unify us, reassure us, comfort us.

Trump doesn't care for that duty and appears unable to execute it. He has to read from a teleprompter for that sort of thing and it sounds forced. Because it is.
    I see it a little differently. I don't need a 'Daddy President' to kiss our boo-boos and tell us everything will be all right. I'm an adult, and as such take responsibility to learn as much as possible and form my own opinions.

Look at what happened after 9-11...we were reassured that they would take care of the 'evil' that did this dastardly deed...all the while still fomenting anger and revenge in the hearts of the people. In the end, they did take care of things, but it wasn't us....we lost most of our 'freedoms'. Yeah, they took care of us all right....everything was going to be fine...just be good little boys and girls...we've got this. And now we are at permanent war with an emotion...terror...and even more dependent on the government to take care of us. imo, that is not their job.

It is the emotions triggered and the soothing 'there, there, it will be all right' that gets the people into trouble. Knowing this, why do so many fall for it every time? It is a means to an end...and not for our benefit.
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Aragorn (23rd November 2018), Chris (23rd November 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd November 2018), Fred Steeves (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018), Kitsune (23rd November 2018), Wind (26th November 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    This is all nonsense folks...Some residents are indeed upset about the 'invasion'. They are not calling it an invasion...b.t.w. They are calling it an 'influx of asylum seekers' which it actually is. A small percentage are complaining and are likely paid by Trump to do it. Most of the citizens are actually helping them by providing food, water, and other needed living requirements.

Please don't provide any impetus to the nonsense propaganda that is on this thread. That is the intent...to mislead, to provide a false argument for a false cause. It truly is a sickness motivating this stuff.

And to be honest it is pretty irrelevant to Mexico, because they are acting correctly there, but that is not so in the U.S. The sickness exists at the very top and that is what has to be addressed. Not to beat a dead horse but that is what Trump's investigators are doing.

What a sad sad faux something or other...
    I believe this gentleman disagrees with you, NAP...and this was published three days ago...

...to the topTop

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Aragorn (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018), Kitsune (23rd November 2018), turiya (23rd November 2018)

Thanks
    I'll bet I can find hundreds that disagree with me...More importantly to good and truth, I can find thousands that agree with me...
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Aragorn (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018)

Thanks
    I just watched this Melidae...I know you don't understand or realize how badly you are misled. It's ok, The blindness is amazing, I mean really breathtaking...I'm trying to steady my breathing...Meditation?
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    It's okay, NAP. It's only your opinion...you have yours and I have mine.
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), PurpleLama (5th December 2018)

Thanks
    lol...true that.

but it is questionable being on the wrong side of humanity is a good place to be. I really don't understand an entity that wishes to do that.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 23rd November 2018 at 15:22.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 397 Posts
    No a la invasión...
    Hey Melidae, I like that.... Marabunta Migratoria "Invasion of the Ants". I've been in Costa Rica before when there was an 'invasion of the ants' that occurred at the residence where we were staying. It was pure madness - very unnerving - to see so many ants invading the place where you're living. It lasted for more than 24 hours. So, I 'get' the sense & the meaning in the words that are being used to describe this event.

Most of the above articles posted on this thread are not in the English language. Most are articles from the various news outlets are from within cities of Mexico. There is one written in German.

One can easily see that most of the signs that people are holding are written in Spanish. The terms 'Invasores', 'Invasión', 'No a la invasión', 'Mexico Unio' are terms used on signs that the Mexican people have made & using in their protesting in Tijuana.

Now for the American MSM:
    >>>>>
    "The protesters said they had no problem with legal immigration, but they were strongly opposed to what they called an "illegal invasion." -- NBC NEWS
    >>>>>
    "We want the caravan to go; they are invading us," said Patricia Reyes, a 62-year-old protester, hiding from the sun under an umbrella. "They should have come into Mexico correctly, legally, but they came in like animals." -- npr news
    >>>>>
    “We’re against uncontrollable migration,” said Edgar Martínez, 42, a teacher and dual U.S.-Mexican citizen.

Mayor Juan Manuel Gastélum has been less supportive. He has described the influx of migrants as a problem for Tijuana and dismissed the claim that many are fleeing violence and political persecution. -- Washington Post
    >>>>>
    The mayor of Tijuana has been spotted wearing a red hat with the words, 'Make Tijuana Great Again" -- cns news

Juan Manuel Gastelum, the mayor of Tijuana, Mexico

invasion:

an occasion when a large number of people or things come to a place in an annoying and unwanted way
    Last edited by turiya, 24th November 2018 at 16:39.
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Melidae (23rd November 2018)

Thanks
    I rest my case...
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    The one thing we should all by now be aware of. Right wing politics is ugly no matter where it exists. The people that are drawn to such philosophies are deeply disturbed perhaps from birth. They are representative of the evil that exists in humanity...It's a longer story when viewed from a global perspective but their end is destined to be the same. We can't progress in any sense of consciousness as long as these archonctic infecteds prevail.

How can anyone...anyone countenance what the likes of Trump represents...I mean really...Are we that lacking in any manner of moral foundation. Jesus himself warned us about such creatures.
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Hahaha, Nap. I think we're well aware of your judgments by now.

I think it is in human nature to try to find balance. The more one leans in one direction, the more another leans in the opposite.

I find myself doing that with some of the posts. It's not that I'm fixed in any one position, but to have one one side of an issue presented over and over again, I desire to literate another side just to balance it out somewhat.

We all bring something different to the table. There is diversity of opinion due to our individual life experiences, our beliefs, our understandings of things. imo, that brings a richness to dialogue. You cannot change someone else's opinion by hitting them over the head with your own...but you can make them aware of a different viewpoint to consider when you share with and listen to others.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018), Kitsune (23rd November 2018), turiya (23rd November 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by turiya View Post
    Hey Melidae, I like that.... Marabunta Migratoria "Invasion of the Ants". I've been in Costa Rica before when there was an 'invasion of the ants' that occurred at the residence where we were staying. It was pure madness - very unnerving - to see so many ants invading the place where you're living. It lasted for more than 24 hours. So, I 'get' the sense & the meaning in the words that are being used to describe this event.
    I like it too, turiya.

Who's afraid of a few harmless ants? Amazing what happens as they gather and work together to take over. All of a sudden, they are not so harmless after all.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018), turiya (24th November 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    Hahaha, Nap. I think we're well aware of your judgments by now.

I think it is in human nature to try to find balance. The more one leans in one direction, the more another leans in the opposite.

I find myself doing that with some of the posts. It's not that I'm fixed in any one position, but to have one one side of an issue presented over and over again, I desire to literate another side just to balance it out somewhat.

We all bring something different to the table. There is diversity of opinion due to our individual life experiences, our beliefs, our understandings of things. imo, that brings a richness to dialogue. You cannot change someone else's opinion by hitting them over the head with your own...but you can make them aware of a different viewpoint to consider when you share with and listen to others.
    There's really nothing wrong with that Melidae...The aim is for something to sink in, though. I understand that I'm being judgmental and I 'probably' don't have the right to do that...Somethings we recognize as a society though that obviously represent good and bad. I could equivocate and claim that I'm making observations not judgments but that would be disengenous. You are certainly free to call me 'whatever you like' but 'anger, hate, misrepresentation, propaganda, and prevarication' are universally accepted as violations of natural law, violations of basic fundamental human social contract. I call that 'bad'...yes, a judgment call...As baseball umpires are wont to say, "I calls 'em like I sees 'em!"
    ...to the topTop

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Right wing politics is ugly no matter where it exists. The people that are drawn to such philosophies are deeply disturbed perhaps from birth. They are representative of the evil that exists in humanity...
    This must surely be a major reason why one party rule Lefties such as Stalin and Mao, will always be revered in history as great champions of human rights.

Imagine the heights our species could soar, if Left wing politics could run the whole show worldwide, unmolested by challenging ideas from differing, and obviously inferior philosophies.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
    ...to the topTop

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd November 2018), Elen (23rd November 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd November 2018), Kathy (24th November 2018), Melidae (23rd November 2018), PurpleLama (5th December 2018)

Thanks
    We have to pierce to the bottom level Fred...i.e. the truth...The 10,000 mile view that you offer makes your statement reasonable...i.e. viable.
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post: