Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

Thread: Q debate n Talk

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I'm really not use to bulging eyed madness on a large scale.
    Well, then you had better get used to it, because things are not going to improve any day soon. This planet is a madhouse.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =
    ...to the topTop

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That wins the 'Understatement of the Day' award. It is a madhouse, no joke. Something is desperately wrong. It isn't even entertaining at this point. The 'disease' has spread like the fake Covid-19. Something is very desperately wrong. I'm starting to believe we ARE in the matrix and the AI entities in control have decided it might be more fun to just remove all programming constraints. I guess this is what humanity has been b*tching about for quite some time. As Strother Martin, said, "If that's the way youse wants it, well, that's the way youse gets it.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"
    ...to the topTop

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Aragorn (3rd September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    That wins the 'Understatement of the Day' award. It is a madhouse, no joke. Something is desperately wrong. It isn't even entertaining at this point. The 'disease' has spread like the fake Covid-19. Something is very desperately wrong. I'm starting to believe we ARE in the matrix and the AI entities in control have decided it might be more fun to just remove all programming constraints. I guess this is what humanity has been b*tching about for quite some time. As Strother Martin, said, "If that's the way youse wants it, well, that's the way youse gets it.
    Now you're starting to sound like Dumpster Diver.
    ...to the topTop

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    I'm starting to feel like him too ... it's just crazy ... here in the good ol' USofA. It might not be the same for you.

I was watching Noam Chomsky last night ... his comments that the right is suicidal and his no comment on Jordan Peterson (essentially discounted him as an 'intellectual') were validating for me. He made one other comment that gave me pause though. He defended a holocaust denier stating that the right exists to spake the word of god without repercussions. He cited the American genocide as not a persona-non-grata subject. Interesting, it gave me pause, after all, he is considered one of the most knowledgeable social intellects on the planet, but in the end I decided I had to give it some serious thought. I fully expect to end up disagreeing with him. He was a bit flippant with his response on the subject.
    ...to the topTop

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Aragorn (3rd September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    hey Frank, how is yo' buddy TargetT ... lol ...

I can see you have your work cut out for you... sincere good luck ... you could singlehanded move the, what is it, the ooo nosphere back to balance.
    ...to the topTop

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    hey Frank, how is yo' buddy TargetT ... lol ...

I can see you have your work cut out for you... sincere good luck ... you could singlehanded move the, what is it, the ooo nosphere back to balance.
    That is off-topic for this thread, but yes, I am running into the knee-jerking crowd over there. That was not what I was expecting when I posted that thread, but alas...

I think it won't be long anymore before I abandon that thread. I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.
    ...to the topTop

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (4th September 2020), Elen (4th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    You did a masterful job on the bradykinin covid story thread, Frank. You can reason rings around the brightest contributors. Honestly, PA has turned into the stupid show, starring exomatrix, Luke Holiday, etc... They are so damn thick, I am surprised they didn't take one look at the word, bradykinin and do a Roseanne Rosanadanna on you.

"Brady what? Brady kin? Isn't it the 'Brady Bunch'? What do Marsha and Greg and Florence Henderson have to do with covid?"

Some people are just dumb, God bless 'em, but others are wilfully stupid because they enjoy all the drama it whips up. As if this vast universe and all the crazy ass things that are actually happening aren't enough. I don't post there anymore.
    ...to the topTop

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Aragorn (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (5th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    I'm starting to feel like him too ... it's just crazy ... here in the good ol' USofA. It might not be the same for you.

I was watching Noam Chomsky last night ... his comments that the right is suicidal and his no comment on Jordan Peterson (essentially discounted him as an 'intellectual') were validating for me. He made one other comment that gave me pause though. He defended a holocaust denier stating that the right exists to spake the word of god without repercussions. He cited the American genocide as not a persona-non-grata subject. Interesting, it gave me pause, after all, he is considered one of the most knowledgeable social intellects on the planet, but in the end I decided I had to give it some serious thought. I fully expect to end up disagreeing with him. He was a bit flippant with his response on the subject.
    The philosphical underpinnings of free speech are very similar to those that inform the cult of 'personal responsibility' that you outlined so well. If the idea of holocaust denialism is unable to pull itself up by its bootstraps, because automatic limits are put on it, it's full social cultural expression remains unrealized, so it's harmless.

As those who have automatic limits to their personal power and autonomy, so does denialism, currently. But...there is no reason that the 'right' people at the right time and in the right place couldn't give it traction, removing all its limits. Then you have a problem. In Canada holocaust denialism is against the law.

Freedom, as a concept is fraught with paradox. People who are obsessed with freedom of speech and all the dangers inherent in limiting it, fail to see the other side of the coin which is as dangerous, depending on the state of the sorld
    Last edited by Octopus Garden, 5th September 2020 at 01:52.
    ...to the topTop

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Aragorn (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (5th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    I was watching Noam Chomsky last night ... his comments that the right is suicidal and his no comment on Jordan Peterson (essentially discounted him as an 'intellectual')
    I saw that and it was quite flippant of him. I like Chomsky a lot, I think he's great, but he has some blindspots too. It's funny that here in Finland on some forums many dummies think that he is bashing America too much. It's funny because I think you can't bash enough the criminal actions of US government.

As I opened my comp this morning, the first headlines here were about Qanon.

The media is already exaggerating Qanon’s influence and popularity. So says Joseph Uscinski, an assistant professor of political science at the University of Miami who specializes in conspiracy theories and Qanon.

According to him, the grouping has cult-like features that can have serious consequences. Repeating wild claims may entice mentally unstable people even into violence.

At worst, focusing on one particular conspiracy theory can make room for something completely new, more dangerous, and more effective in disseminating disinformation.
    https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...spiracy-theory

Times of insanity for sure.
    Last edited by Wind, 5th September 2020 at 05:10.
    ...to the topTop

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (5th September 2020), Aragorn (5th September 2020), Dreamtimer (9th September 2020), Elen (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Well, then you had better get used to it, because things are not going to improve any day soon. This planet is a madhouse.
    This planet is fastly becoming sane, the slavery and coruption finalllly being found n seen.

Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That is off-topic for this thread, but yes, I am running into the knee-jerking crowd over there. That was not what I was expecting when I posted that thread, but alas...

I think it won't be long anymore before I abandon that thread. I don't have time for that kind of nonsense.
    What you hitting that red mirror for ?, the heartjerk and/or mindjerk is special indeed especialllly for the kneedy imo.
    ...to the topTop

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Hi OG, very well stated, and true ... that was the thing that Chomsky just brushed aside regarding freedom of speech, but I'm sure he is aware.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 5th September 2020 at 11:33.
    ...to the topTop

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Amen to that Wind, the world is a true mess.
    ...to the topTop

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Amen to that Wind, the world is a true mess.
    When you hit rock bottom, there's only one way left to go, and that's up. We still have some way to reach the rock bottom though.
    ...to the topTop

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Hi Wind, <sigh> words out of my mouth. I told my daughter last week the same thing, minus the notion of where the bottom might be.
    ...to the topTop

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (5th September 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    When you hit rock bottom, there's only one way left to go, and that's up.
    Not necessarily my friend. Sometimes you hit rock bottom, get sloppy drunk, stumble into the bathtub, and slit your wrists...

Cheers
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
    ...to the topTop

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th September 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th September 2020), Octopus Garden (5th September 2020), Wind (6th September 2020)