Thanks
    Thanked 42,873 Times in 11,808 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Gio View Post
    #SpiceItUp

A frustrated couple goes to a therapist to
    solve a unique intimacy problem.

| Polyvore

8:07 min.

lol, talking about going digital...I was watching this and forgot what device I was watching. I was thinking to myself, Gio wouldn't post that on TOT... oops...can someone be wrong about what they are seeing in a mirror? probably...
    “I am a social justice...advocate and I say, "Stop the Hate!"

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th February 2024), Gio (10th February 2024), Wind (11th February 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 36,873 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Where Illegal Immigrants in the USA Are Coming From?

World According To Briggs

Feb 9, 2024
    Amid a migrant crisis, understanding where illegal immigrants in the USA are coming from is crucial. This video breaks down the top countries of origin and delves into the complexities of the border crisis and US border patrol policies. Keep yourself informed about the Border Crisis with our informative video.

About
    This educational and entertainment channel focuses on relocation, real estate, and travel.

If you learn something and are entertained, we have done our job.
    16:28 min.

Presenting an alternative to the alternative community.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th February 2024), Chuckie (11th February 2024), Wind (11th February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

#News ...

Only Love

Happy The Man

Jan 14, 2024

Happy The Man - Only Love
    ORIGINAL VERSION
    By Stanley Whitaker

6:08 min.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (12th February 2024), Chuckie (12th February 2024), Wind (12th February 2024)

Thanks

Question

From a year ago, one wonders how things are going now ...

Moving to Chernobyl - Embracing radiation to escape war

| DW Documentary

Feb 22, 2022
    In 2014 they fled the war in the east of Ukraine, resettling near the exclusion zone around Chernobyl. Vadim Minsyuk from Donetsk and Yuri Andreyev from Luhansk chose to move their families to the site of the 1986 nuclear disaster, all to escape the war.

Living with the risk of radiation is better than staying in a war zone, that’s the firm conviction of both men. Since the fighting broke out in eastern Ukraine, more than 1.5 million people have fled the self-proclaimed republics of Donetsk and Luhansk, moving to various parts of the country. Some have ended up in the one place that most people would do everything to avoid: Chernobyl. Vadim Minsyuk and Yuri Andreyev are among those seeking to build a new life at the heart of the radioactive cloud that descended after the reactor explosion on April 26th, 1986. Fields, forests and roads were all contaminated with dangerous levels of strontium and cesium.

Near the exclusion zone around Chernobyl, Vadim Minsyuk is now building up his new company. He turns slag, a byproduct of smelting ore, into metal, and earns a modest living. Before the war, he and his wife ran a successful business with revenues running into the millions. Yuri Andreyev ran a successful farm. He spent over 200 days in captivity, held by the separatists. Now he’s once again earning a living from farming, growing sunflowers and food crops. But his farm is also next to Chernobyl’s exclusion zone. He insists his produce is not contaminated, saying he had all his fields inspected.

Because of the relatively short half-lives of cesium and strontium, radiation has indeed decreased over time, says Valery Kashparov, Director of the Ukrainian Institute of Agricultural Radiology. But he says soil contamination could still pose a health risk in some areas. Nevertheless, Kashparov is convinced that the area is ready for a new start. Those affected by the war could be the very catalyst that’s needed.
    28:27 min.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th February 2024), Chuckie (14th February 2024), Wind (13th February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

It's been awhile, from Russia with love ...

Houses in Russia for $100K! Fences for Giants
    & the Roads are like in the 19th Century!!

The Sheekoz Family

Feb 14, 2024
    Hi, We are Dan and Suzy, simple Russian people. Today, we are going to show you a district with there middle class live, the houses there have a price around 60-150 thousand dollars, we think the average price around 100 thousands. Also we will show you fences, roads, so, have nice watching!
    32:30 min.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th February 2024), Chuckie (15th February 2024), Wind (15th February 2024)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,102 Times in 7,142 Posts
    This profession or title of doula or death midwives is something I came across for the first time today.

The rise of death industries and our unwillingness to talk openly about death has made navigating the end-of-life increasingly complicated. Death Doulas, like Mangda Sengvanhpheng, are here to help by caring for and guiding people through the death and dying process. We asked Mangda your morbid questions and what we can do to prepare ourselves for death and loss.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8uvviD8g40
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th February 2024), Chuckie (16th February 2024), Gio (16th February 2024)

Thanks

Video

#trendinginusa ...

Unhoused | Aging Matters

Nashville Public Television

Premiered Jan 9, 2024
    Without access to affordable housing, low-income older adults are forced onto the streets. Homelessness is on the rise in Nashville, Tenn. Between 2022 and 2023, there's been an 11% increase among those experiencing homelessness. Many of these individuals are over the age of 50, and they are experiencing health conditions decades earlier than their housed neighbors. At the heart of the problem is a lack of affordable housing, and low-income people are paying the price.

▬▬ Chapters ▬▬
    00:00 Intro
    01:30 Funders
    02:08 Man on the Street
    03:42 Street Paper
    05:16 Homeless After 50
    07:51 Sick & Tired
    09:53 Emotional Support Animal
    10:39 Tragedy Strikes
    13:30 Transitional Housing
    15:46 Self Medicating
    16:39 What Drives Homelessness?
    17:25 You Can’t Stay Here
    19:58 A Woman’s Best Friend
    20:30 Housing Shortage
    21:59 Torn Apart
    23:43 Tiny Homes Offer Healing

▬▬ About Aging Matters ▬▬
    Since they were born, members of the Baby Boomer generation have played a big role in shaping American culture. In 2011, the first of the boomers turned 65. As they age, the vast number of people entering their senior years will undoubtedly have an impact on how our communities understand and respond to the needs of older citizens. By the year 2020, Tennessee's population of people between the ages 65-74 is expected to grow by almost 48%.

Aging Matters is a community-based conversation about what older citizens in Middle Tennessee need to optimize their quality of life and how the community needs to prepare for our aging population. The series focuses on issues such as caregiving, finances, end-of-life, dementia and Alzheimer’s through documentaries, town halls, panel discussions, short form updates, community conversations, and screenings.
    26:46 min.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th February 2024), Chuckie (18th February 2024), Wind (18th February 2024)

Thanks
    #trendinginusa ...

Unhoused | Aging Matters

Nashville Public Television

26:46 min.

Don't mean to bust in, Gio but having been homeless for only a short while I really came to understand how one can be trapped with no way out. I and a couple of friends only managed to escape because one of us had friends willing to help us out but it was close. The experience truly changed my life. When I read the book about the cop and the homeless, I was really jazzed to join the cause. I may yet do it if I ever manage to retire.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th February 2024), Gio (18th February 2024), Wind (18th February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

We know that justice is blind ...

"The Court"

We lost the line between the good and the bad
    We lost the line between the sane and the mad
    Still draw the line across the writing pad
    The line of conscience that we never have had...

And the court will rise
    While the pillars all fall

A song by English musician Peter Gabriel. The song's "free-form, impressionistic lyric that connected to justice" concerns the balance between the necessity of the legal system and the abuse of power that happens within it. The song was partially inspired by the work of NAMATI, a charity "dedicated to putting the power of law in the hands of people."
    4:24 min.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th February 2024), Chuckie (19th February 2024), Wind (19th February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

Inside Ecuador’s war with drug gangs
    | Ecuador: Under Fire

| Al Jazeera English
    People & Power Documentary

Feb 15, 2024
    Ecuador is currently experiencing an unprecedented wave of unrest. The dramatic takeover of a public TV station by masked gunmen and prison riots in January 2024 shocked a country already struggling with historically high crime and murder rates.

The violence during the last election campaign, including the killing of a presidential candidate, made headlines around the world. Following the peace process in Colombia between FARC rebels and the state, and the 2009 departure of the US Drug Enforcement Agency from Ecuador, the presence of criminal and drug trafficking organisations has severely challenged national security.

In the last few years, Ecuador has transitioned from being one of the safest countries in Latin America to becoming one of the most dangerous in the world. This situation poses a significant challenge for the new government, which will be transitional due to a growing political crisis that also hangs over the country.
    25:00 min.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th February 2024), Chuckie (21st February 2024), Wind (21st February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

The latest ...

FAMOUS GRAVE TOUR - Forest Lawn Glendale
    #7 (tWitch, Larry Flynt, etc.)

Hollywood Graveyard

Feb 19, 2024
    Welcome to Hollywood Graveyard, where we set out to remember and celebrate the lives of those who lived to entertain us, by visiting their final resting places. Today we’re back at Forest Lawn Memorial Park in Glendale, to find such stars as Stephen “tWitch” Boss, Bob Cummings, Larry Flynt, and many more.

Full list of stars visited today: Cyril Hume, Jane Darwell, James Parrott, Warren William, A. F. Frankenstein, Larry Flynt, Joseph Strauss, Eric Blore, Gaylord Carter, Bobby Vernon, Antonio Moreno, Gene Austin, Elvia Allman, Bob Cummings, Bess Meredyth, Charles Ogle, Ali Ollie Woodson, Dwight Frye, Stephen "tWitch" Boss, Bob Baker, Astrid Allwyn, Hank Warden, James Millican, Will Mastin, Sammy Davis Sr., Casey Stengel, Johnny Mack Brown, Lionel Stander, Victor McLaglan, Charlie Ruggles, Wesley Ruggles, Donald Crisp, Billy Benedict

37:37 min.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2024), Chuckie (21st February 2024), Wind (21st February 2024)

Thanks
    Inside Ecuador’s war with drug gangs
    | Ecuador: Under Fire

| Al Jazeera English
    People & Power Documentary

25:00 min.

My next-door neighbor the Venezuelan is married to an Ecuadorian...Anyway, the common pattern in situations like this revolves around 'revolutionary' factions, in this case operating as 'drug cartels'. Drugs as a source of power and money are a strong driver but the underlying circumstances are important. Weak national governments (federalism) born of small indigenous villages with local elites that resent outside influences that 'steal' their wealth whether it be agricultural, industrial, Service, or drugs are motivational. Even that would work if wealth hoarding wasn't an inherent part of the process. If people are systematically kept in poverty all hell will inevitably bust loose. It periodically happens in all environments that have a traditionally agricultural economic system that wants to modernize. And that is the point in time that the predators attack. Historically, there have been many willing to fill that role but even in the absence of outside influence despite it being ubiquitous the internal predators will precipitate the same dynamic.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st February 2024), Gio (21st February 2024), Wind (21st February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

Reaching back following the quest to recover DNA millions of years old for the very first time ...

Hunt for the Oldest DNA

| Full Documentary | NOVA | PBS

Premiered 2/21/24

For decades, scientists have tried to unlock the secrets of ancient DNA. But life’s genetic blueprint is incredibly fragile, and researchers have struggled to find DNA in fossils that could survive millions of years. Then, one maverick scientist had the controversial idea to look for DNA not in fossils or frozen ancient tissue – but in dirt. Join the hunt as scientists decipher the oldest DNA ever found, and reveal for the first time the genes of long-extinct creatures that once thrived in a warm, lush Arctic.

Chapters
    00:00 Introduction
    06:08 Challenges of Recovering Ancient DNA from Soil
    22:36 Searching for Ancient Animal and Plant DNA in Greenland
    37:59 Accurately Dating the Ancient DNA
    43:03 How Did DNA Survive So Long?
    45:23 What Was Earth Like Before the Ice Age?
    48:15 Lessons Learned from the Pliocene

53:43 min.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd February 2024), Chuckie (24th February 2024), Wind (22nd February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

#creepyslickshortfilm

A homeless man runs into an old classmate on the bus ...

CLASSMATE

John is a homeless man riding a bus one evening when he catches sight of a woman getting on the bus. He strikes up a conversation with her, recognizing her from elementary school. At first, Emma is wary, but as she and John talk, she warms up to him as he evokes their shared childhood and past.

But as they talk, John's over-eager efforts and sometimes inappropriate efforts to connect make Emma wary, and as they catch up, she feels uneasy and guilty at their differences in fortune. She's an engineer and happily married, and he's homeless and struggling. By all accounts, she holds all the cards. Or does she?

Directed by Javier Marco from a script written by Belen Sanchez-Arevalo

10:24 min.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th February 2024), Chuckie (24th February 2024), Wind (25th February 2024)

Thanks

Returning Topic

Checking in with Laurence Brown ...

Let's Talk About American Culture Shocks
    | An Irish Perspective

Lost in the Pond

Premiered 2/26/24
    In the lead up to St. Patrick's Day, I am joined by fellow YouTube sensation @DianeJennings to discuss some of the culture shocks she has experienced as an Irish person visiting America.
    10:02 min.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gio For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th February 2024), Chuckie (27th February 2024), Wind (28th February 2024)