Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anger Is a Small Thing

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 397 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    That's interesting take on the two minutes of hate scene turiya. Sure, why not? Thing is though I don't think it need be incorporated society wide, maybe more for groups people with anger issues could join. Same as there is no need for people who don't drink to go to AA meetings.
    Well yeah, I agree. All that has to happen is for the psychiatric community & the community of psychologists to accept this form of therapy as a viable form of health care, so that people can help themselves, so that people can keep themselves within the range of being normally sane, rather than being prescribed pharmaceutical drugs like SSRIs (psychotropic drugs) as a way to deal with one's own depression.

Depression, by the way, stems from the sense that people cannot really be who they are. So, they end up repressing themselves - prevent the expression of their emotions. As a result, people at present, mostly go to a psychiatrist, a psychologist, marriage counselors, etc. And, in most cases, are prescribed pharmaceutical drugs.

If the medical industry were to allow & practice this form of therapy. I believe you would find illnesses, such as bipolar disorder, becoming much less of a problem... schizophrenia, as well. That is IMO. If the medical industry were to accept this, then the rest of society would follow suit.

Big Pharma will fight this tooth & nail. The amount of $$$ involved - they make [literally] a killing from! They will not let this happen, because it means their death. People can take care of themselves. And, Big Pharma will fight this to the very end.

Certainly, I think you would agree that meditation is a 'self-help' way for someone to keep themselves from going insane. Meditation is a method for grounding oneself in this reality.

Last edited by turiya, 10th November 2018 at 17:11.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (10th November 2018), Aragorn (11th November 2018), Dreamtimer (10th November 2018), Elen (10th November 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    In the meantime...
    Come on, now...
    Who do you think you are?

You really think you're in control???
    F*ck No!

I think you're all crazy... yeah!
    Crazy... just like me... just like me...

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgHioCC3yCo

___________Late Add___________

Lyrics
    I remember when
    I remember, I remember when I lost my mind
    There was something so pleasant about that place
    Even your emotions have an echo in so much space
    And when you're out there, without care
    Yeah I was out of touch
    But it wasn't because I didn't know enough
    I just knew too much
    Does that make me crazy?
    Does that make me crazy?
    Does that make me crazy?
    Possibly
    And now that you are having the time of your life
    Well think twice
    That's my only advice
    Come on now, who do you
    Who do you, who do you
    Ha ha ha, bless your soul
    You really think you're in control?
    Well... [F*ck no!]
    I think you're crazy
    I think you're crazy
    I think you're crazy
    Just like me

My heroes…
    Maybe I'm crazy
    Maybe you're crazy
    Maybe we're crazy
    Probably ooh hmm

Songwriters: Brian Joseph Burton / Gian Pero Reverberi / Gianfranco Reverberi / Thomas Callaway
    Crazy lyrics © Warner/Chappell Music, Inc, Universal Music Publishing Group, BMG Rights Management
    Last edited by turiya, 11th November 2018 at 12:35.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2018), Aragorn (11th November 2018), Dreamtimer (11th November 2018), Elen (11th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I'm not so sure about the message, but that was one rockin tune. Fantastic lead singer.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2018), Aragorn (11th November 2018), Dreamtimer (11th November 2018), Elen (11th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th November 2018), turiya (11th November 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I'm not so sure about the message, but that was one rockin tune. Fantastic lead singer.
    Ditto!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th November 2018), Aragorn (11th November 2018), Dreamtimer (11th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by turiya View Post
    Come on, now...
    Who does one have to be? The game is afoot...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (11th November 2018), Dreamtimer (11th November 2018), Elen (11th November 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    It is all imagination.
    It is all imagination.
    Just watch, and don’t do anything – for or against.
    And you will be surprised: that which was looking very big, becomes very, very small.

But our habit is to exaggerate."

More @ this LINK
    I have heard one story...
    It happened in Rome at the time of the Middle Ages, at a time when the Catholic community and the Jewish community were not getting along...

Back in medieval times, the Roman Pope was persuaded by some of his more conservative advisors to endure no longer the presence of Jews in the very heart and core of world Christianity. The Jews of Rome were therefore ordered to be evicted from their home by a certain date.

To the Jews of Rome, this was a great tragedy, for they knew no refuge where they might not expect worse treatment than in Rome. They appealed to the Pope for reconsideration, and the Pope, a fair-minded man, suggested a sporting proposition. If the Jews would appoint one of their own members to engage in a debate with him in pantomime, and if the Jewish representative were to win the debate, the Jews might remain.

The Jewish leaders gathered in the synagogue that night and considered the proposition. It seemed the only way out, but none of their number wished to volunteer to debate. As the Chief Rabbi said, "It is impossible to win a debate in which the Pope will be both a participant and a judge. And how can I face the possibility that the eviction of the Jews will be a result of my specific failure?"

The synagogue janitor, who had been quietly sweeping the floor through all this, suddenly spoke up. "I will debate," he said.

They stared at him in astonishment. "You, a chief janitor," said the Chief Rabbi, "debate with the Pope?"

"Someone has to," said the janitor, "and none of you will."

So in default of anyone else, the janitor was made the representative of the Jewish community and was appointed to debate with the Pope.

Then came the great day of the debate. In the square before St. Peter's was the Pope, surrounded by the College of Cardinals in full panoply, with crowds of bishops and other church functionaries. Approaching was the Jewish janitor, surrounded by a few leaders of the Jewish community, in their somber black garb and their long gray beards. The Pope faced the janitor - and the debate began.

Gravely, the Pope raised a finger and swept it across the heavens. Without hesitation, the janitor pointed firmly toward the ground, and the Pope looked surprised.

Even more gravely, the Pope raised one finger again, keeping it firmly before the janitor's face. With the trace of a sneer, the janitor raised three fingers, holding them before the Pope just as firmly, and a look of deep astonishment crossed the Pope's face again.

Then the Pope thrust his hand deep into his robes and produced an apple. The janitor thereupon opened a paper bag that was sticking out of his hip pocket and took out a flat piece of matzo. At this the Pope exclaimed in a loud voice, "The Jewish representative has won the debate. The Jews may remain in Rome."

The janitor backed off, the Jewish leaders surrounded him, and all walked hastily out of the square. They were no sooner gone than the church leaders clustered about the Pope. "What happened, Your Holiness?", they demanded. "We didn't follow the rapid give & take."

The Pope passed a shaking hand across his brow. "The man facing me," he said, "was a master at the art of debate. Consider... I began the debate by sweeping my hand across the sky to indicate that God ruled all the Universe. Without pausing an instant, the old Jew pointed downward to indicate that nevertheless, the devil has been assigned a dominion of his own below.

"I then raised one finger to indicate there was but one God, assuming I would catch him in the error of his own theology. Yet, he instantly raised three fingers to indicate that one God had three manifestations - a clear acceptance of the doctrine of the Trinity.

Abandoning theology, I produced an apple to indicate that certain blind followers of so-called science were flying in the face of revealed truth by declaring that the earth was as round as an apple. Instantly, he produced a flat piece of unleavened bread to indicate that the Earth, in accord with revelation, was nevertheless flat. So I granted him victory."

By now, the Jews and the janitor had reached the ghetto. All surrounded the janitor, demanding, "What happened?"

The janitor said indignantly, "The whole thing was nonsense. Listen. First the Pope waves his hand like he is saying the Jews must get out of Rome. So I point downward to say the Jews are gong to stay right here. So, he points his finger at me as if to say "drop dead, because the Jews are leaving." So, I point three fingers at him to say, "Drop dead three times! The Jews are staying. So then, I see he is taking out his lunch, so I take out mine."

This is the way human mind works & its habitual tendency to move into extremes through imagination. It's all imagination...
    Last edited by turiya, 13th November 2018 at 13:29.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (14th November 2018), Chris (13th November 2018), Dreamtimer (14th November 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    The human mind creates clever humor so that we can laugh.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (14th November 2018), turiya (14th November 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Mind... a Useful Tool...
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The human mind creates clever humor so that we can laugh.
    Yes, its a very useful tool... So, is a row boat when you want to cross a river. So, is a ladder when you want to climb up on your roof.

But carrying these things around with you when they're not needed can have them be turned into a cumbersome nuisance. And, an unnecessary burden, causing oneself much trouble...

Its good to know how to put a useful tool aside when its not needed.
    Knowing what meditation is, serves that purpose.

Last edited by turiya, 14th November 2018 at 13:21.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (14th November 2018), Dreamtimer (14th November 2018)

Thanks
    That's the beauty of psychopathy. If you have no tether, then you are free of all things. Including true knowledge, true spirituality, true humanity, and true action.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (15th November 2018), Dreamtimer (15th November 2018), Elen (16th November 2018)

(account terminated)
    Thanks
    Only you can know who you are...
    The distance between the 'real' man & the man as he exists in this world today has become almost unbridgeable. Man has drifted so far away from his own reality, that he has pretty much forgotten how to find the way to get back home.

Lost, as such, he has truly forgotten what his real purpose was of his ever being here in the first place.....

There is an old ancient parable...

A very wise king wanted his son - his only son, who was going to be his successor - to be a wise man before he succeeded him and became the king of a vast kingdom. The old man chose a way which was quite strange...

The king's way was that he sent this son away from the kingdom, told him that he was abandoned, that he should forget completely that he was ever a prince. He made the official announcement...

"He is no longer a prince and I am not going to make him my successor."

After which, all his beautiful clothes, ornaments - everything - was taken away. He was given the clothes of a beggar and sent away in the middle of the night in a chariot to be thrown out of the kingdom. And strict orders were given that he should not be allowed back in the kingdom from anywhere.

Years passed; the prince really became a beggar. He really forgot that he was a prince. In fact, there had been no effort on his part to forget - he was, indeed, a beggar, living a beggars life. He begged for clothes, for food, for shelter, and he slowly, slowly had come to accept the condition that he found himself in.

After many years, one day he was sitting outside a hotel, begging. It was hot summer and he wanted enough money to purchase a pair of shoes -secondhand, of course - because the earth was almost like fire, and to walk without shoes was becoming impossible. He had wounds on his feet, and he was crying out for just a few coins. At that very moment, a golden chariot stopped before the hotel, and a man descended. The man said, "Your father has called you back. He is very old and dying, and he wants you to be his successor."

In a single split second the beggar disappeared. The man was totally different; you could see it in his face, his eyes... the clothes were of the beggar still, but the man was totally different. A crowd gathered - the same crowd before whom he had been spreading his hands for a few coins - and they all started showing great friendship to him. But now, he was not even paying attention to them. He went up to the chariot, sat in the chariot and told the man who had come to get him, "First take me to a beautiful place where I can have a good bath, find clothes worthy of me, shoes, ornaments... because I can go before the king only as a prince."

He came home, and he came as a prince. He said to his father, "Just one thing I want to ask: Why did I have to be a beggar for so many years? I had really forgotten... If you had not called me back, I would have died as a beggar, never remembering that once I was a prince."

The father said, "This is what my father did to me. It was not done to harm you, but to give you the experience of the extremes of life - the beggar and the king. And between these two, everybody exists.

"That day I told you to forget that you were a prince; now I want you to remember that being a prince or being a beggar are just identities given by others. It is not your reality, it is not who you truly are - neither the king, nor the beggar. And the moment you realize that you are not what the world thinks of you, you are not what you appear to be to others, but you are something so deeply hidden in yourself that, except for you, nobody else can see you, nobody else can know you, only you can know who you are. Only then, does a man become wise. Knowing this, wisdom follows.

"I was angry with my father and I know you must have been angry with me. But forgive me, I had to do it to make it clear to you: don't get identified with being a king, don't get identified with being a beggar, because in a split second these identities can be changed. And that which can be changed is not you. It is not who you truly are. You are something more. You are something eternal, something unchangeable."

People have gone far away from the reality of who they are. And to remind them of their reality - of who they truly are - it hurts. Initially, it hurts. They feel hurt by being reminded. Their treatment of others, what they say, their judgement, their criticism, it is nothing but an expression of their own wounded heart. They don't want to see those wounds; they don't want others to see those wounds; they don't want to be reminded of anything about how far they have drifted away from themselves - from who they truly are.

They have tried hard to forget, preoccupied themselves with trivia, making all kinds of efforts to forgive & forget themselves. Somehow, they have managed a certain identity in the world - to wear a kind of mask, a persona, to adopt a type of personality, pretending to be somebody that they are not.

And in being reminded... reminded of who they are, it is only to be expected that they would become angry... it is a kind of rude awakening, that they would naturally become protective & defensive - and, to go on the offensive... as in, the best defense is a good offense.

But, what is it that they are truly angry about? And just who is it? That they are truly angry with?

It is only natural... that they become angry. It is only human nature. It is human psychology.... to be protective, to be defensive. And, on occasion, to be offensive to others.

They need patience. They need understanding. They need compassion. For the transition to take place. It is what is needed. And, with that, there is no lack.
    Last edited by turiya, 15th November 2018 at 17:14.

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to turiya For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (15th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018), Elen (16th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th November 2018), Fred Steeves (15th November 2018), Melidae (15th November 2018), palooka's revenge (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    The distance between the 'real' man & the man as he exists in this world today has become almost unbridgeable. Man has drifted so far away from his own reality, that he has pretty much forgotten how to find the way to get back home.
    It's so important to factor in how dreadfully we have suffered form stress induced living in survival when we are meant to live in creation.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZmtLlqVBI

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeGkkSXehFo
    Last edited by Maggie, 16th November 2018 at 03:50.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (16th November 2018), Aragorn (16th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th November 2018), turiya (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    "...living in survival when we are meant to live in creation."

What a great phrase.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Indeed a valuable lesson that one would hope was learned in 3rd grade. It seems many are taught but few are learned...

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    Such a beautiful philosophy as this shouldn't go unnoticed, notice the openness to individual man/woman and its inherent compassion for the 'other':

- OSHO -

Killing the buddha

SATO-KAISEKI WAS VERY MUCH DISTURBED BY THE IMPLICATIONS OF COPERNICUS"

HELIOCENTRIC THEORY, WHICH, OF COURSE, WAS INCONSISTENT WITH THE OLD
    BUDDHIST COSMOLOGY IN WHICH MOUNT SUMERU OCCUPIES THE CENTER OF THE
    UNIVERSE. HE REASONED THAT IF THE BUDDHIST VIEW OF THE COSMOS WERE PROVED
    FALSE, THE TRIPLE WORLD, AND THE TWENTY-FIVE FORMS OF EXISTENCE WOULD BE
    REDUCED TO NONSENSE - RESULTING IN THE NEGATION OF BUDDHISM ITSELF. SO
    HE IMMEDIATELY SET ABOUT WRITING A BOOK IN DEFENCE OF THE MOUNT SUMERU
    POSITION, SPARING HIMSELF NO EFFORT.

WHEN HE HAD FINISHED THE WORK HE TOOK IT AT ONCE TO MASTER EKIDO AND
    PRESENTED IT TRIUMPHANTLY.

AFTER LEAFING THROUGH THE FIRST FEW PAGES THE MASTER THRUST IT BACK,
    SHAKING HIS HEAD AND SAYING: 'HOW STUPID! DON'T YOU REALIZE THAT THE AIM
    OF BUDDHISM IS TO SHATTER THE TRIPLE WORLD AND THE TWENTY-FIVE FORMS OF
    EXISTENCE? WHY STICK TO SUCH UTTERLY WORTHLESS THINGS AND TREASURE MOUNT
    SUMERU? BLOCKHEAD!"

DUMBFOUNDED, KAISEKI SHOVED THE BOOK UNDER HIS ARM AND QUICKLY WENT HOME.

METAPHYSICS is nonsense, but even then it must be serving some object, otherwise it would not have existed - so long. Man finds himself helpless - in a strange world, unfamiliar... not only unknown, but unknowable also. This darkness, this cloud of unknowing, disturbs the human mind tremendously. Somehow he has to console himself. Somehow he has to create knowledge.

Even if that knowledge is not true knowledge, it will give an appearance that you are grounded. It will give an appearance that you are not absolutely helpless. You can pretend through it that you are not a stranger in this world - a chance, a coincidence - but a master. At least you can play with words and do whatsoever you like with words and can create a false illusion of your power.

This is what metaphysics has always been doing. It gives you a sense of power where in fact no power exists in you. It gives you an illusion of knowledge where no knowledge really exists.

The very word 'god' becomes substantial. Just by using the word 'god', you feel as if you are doing something, as if you are relating to existence, as if you are not alone, a helpless child on the earth, but a father is taking care of you in heaven - continuously watching, worrying about you, about your welfare.

This is a very childish attitude - but man is helpless. And there are very few men who really become mature. Men remain childish.

And remember the difference between childishness and the innocence of children. To be childish is to be stuck somewhere. To be like children is to be simply innocent, flowing, with no blocks in your being.

Man remains childish. The psychological age remains around about twelve; it never goes beyond that. You may become sixty, seventy, eighty - your physical body goes on moving in time - but your mind is stuck somewhere around about ten or twelve at the most.

One thing: metaphysics - words like 'god', 'nirvana', 'enlightenment', almost become things. You start believing in words. If somebody suddenly shouts, 'Fire!' a fear arises in you; you start running.

You can create a nuisance in any theatre at night. When the lights are put off, suddenly shout, 'Fire!

Fire!' and people will start running.

The very word 'fire' creates the illusion as if there is fire and life is in danger. The very word 'lemon'...

think about it, meditate on it, and saliva starts flowing in your mouth. The very word 'lemon'? It has nothing in it. But man has become addicted to words.

There is a school of linguists called The General Semantics Group, founded by Alfred Korzybski.

They have a little song; it is relevant. Their song is:

Oh, the word is not the thing,

the word is not the thing.

Hi ho the derry-o

the word is not the thing.

That is their essential teaching.

Of course, you cannot be burned by the word 'fire', and you cannot get wet from the word 'water'.

But the word 'god', the word 'religion', the word 'christ', the word 'buddha'? How many people have sacrificed their lives for these words?

Somebody insults christianity - what is he doing? Christianity is a word - but christians are offended; there is going to be bloodshed. Humanity has been fighting and fighting for words - 'country', 'liberty', 'socialism', 'the flag' - and millions of people have died. Words have become more significant than life itself. This is a sort of madness.

So metaphysics is not only nonsense, it is also madness - of course, with a method. It is very methodological. Metaphysicians go on building skyscrapers of words - the tower of babel. They go on building it.

And once you are caught in the words, the reality recedes farther away from you. You start living behind a wall of words. And a wall of words is stronger than any wall. Even a wall of stones, rocks, is not so strong.

The strength of words lies in their being transparent: you can go on looking through them and you will never become aware that you are looking through words. They are almost invisible, transparent - like pure glass. You can stand near a window. If the glass is really pure, you will not become aware of the glass. You will think that the window is open and you are seeing the sky and the trees and the sun rising, and you will never become aware that there is a glass between you and the reality.

Metaphysics is a glass. It goes on hiding you from reality, and it goes on distorting reality.

People cling to words because they don't know what reality is. So they start believing in words - it is a make-believe. At least it gives a sense that you know. When you use the word 'god', suddenly you feel as if you know god. You don't know anything about god, you only know the word 'god'. That too you have only heard, but it has become your foundation rock.

One Dutch poet and thinker, Huub Oosterhuis, has written in his diary: I heard someone crying 'God' in a broken voice, and I saw someone else muttering. I asked him, 'What are you muttering about?' He said, 'I am praying to god,' but neither of them could tell me whether he had received any answer. 'Then why do you both keep calling upon him? When the answer has never come to you, why do you go on praying?' I asked. They both answered, 'Keeping quiet is even worse."

You go on praying, you go on believing, because to live without belief needs tremendous courage.

You go on praying because just keeping quiet, you become more afraid.

Have you watched yourself? Sometimes when passing through a lonely street on a dark night, you start singing and whistling. What are you doing? That is metaphysics. You are creating a sense that you are not alone. Whistling, listening to your own voice, gives a feeling as if somebody else is there also. It warms you up.

Singing - and if you are a religious person, then praying - and you feel that god is there and everything is okay. For the moment you become occupied in your singing, in your praying, in your utterances, in your whistling. You become so occupied that you forget that the night is dark, and the street is lonely and there is danger everywhere.

Because of death, man goes on whistling. That whistling is metaphysics. One goes on avoiding the fact that death is. One goes on avoiding the fact that your life may just be a chance coincidence.

There may be no creator. There may be nobody who is controlling. Once you understand that there is nobody who is controlling, you will be in a panic. Then anything can go wrong, any moment, and you will not be able to even complain. There is nobody to complain to.

Metaphysics creates a dream world around you, of beautiful words - heaven, paradise, for you; hell for others. Hell for the enemies, heaven for you. These are wish-fulfillments.

Psychologists have become aware of a certain state which every child has to pass. Have you watched small children? They become addicted to certain things - a rag-doll, or a piece of blanket, or anything will do - the thing is immaterial. Whatsoever is handy, they will catch hold of it, and by and by that certain object becomes almost sacred, religious. You cannot take that object away without hurting the child. He will go to sleep with the rag-doll. Every child is a Linus with his blanket.

It gives security.

And that object is not an ordinary object - it has a special quality to it. It has to be understood, because the whole metaphysics is the blanket of the child, the rag-doll.

If you take the rag-doll, the child cannot go to sleep; he is missing something. That is his TM, transcendental meditation. That is his prayer - that rag-doll is his god.

To you, that rag-doll seems outside. To the child, it is not outside his being; it is part of his innermost being. That rag-doll exists somewhere on the boundary of inside and outside. The outside is the world of objects and the inside is the world of your being, and that rag-doll exists just on the boundary, part of both. In a sense, part of the world; in a sense, part of your innermost being. It is the most strange thing in the world - but it gives security, it protects you. You never feel alone; you are always occupied.

It becomes a ritual. The first thing in the morning the child will look for is his rag-doll. If it is there then everything is okay; things are in their place. He goes to sleep with it; first thing in the morning, he looks for it. If the rag-doll is there then everything is still okay; nothing is disturbed. That rag-doll is his world.

He has systematized the world. The world is vast and the child is impotent. He cannot boss over the world, but he can boss over the rag-doll. With the rag-doll, he becomes a master. With the world, he is just a helpless child in the hands of others... too big too incomprehensible.

With the rag-doll, he is no more a small child; he is somebody big, a boss. He can do whatsoever he wants with the rag-doll: he can throw it, he can be angry at it, he can beat it. Then he can praise it and persuade it and love it and hug it and kiss it. And whatsoever he wants he can do, and the rag doll is absolutely impotent. He is the absolute master of the situation.

All metaphysics is of the same quality. Your gods or your rag-dolls... your Linus is still holding a piece of blanket.

If you really want to know what life is, all rag-dolls have to be dropped, shattered. All illusions have to be shattered so that you can become capable of knowing what truly is. All make-believes have to be dropped.

People go on hiding behind their make-believes. They are your caves. No light enters, no fresh air comes - but you feel protected. Your beliefs almost become your death - but still you feel protected.

That's why I always say that a religious man is the most courageous man. in the world. And there is no other way to live life than to be ready to face the danger of it.

I have heard an anecdote:

"During a yiddish play, the curtain fell suddenly and the manager of the theatre stepped out before the audience, in the last degree of agitation.

'Ladies and gentlemen,' he said, 'I'm distressed to have to tell you that the great and beloved actor, Mendel Kalb, has just had a fatal heart-attack in his dressing-room and we cannot continue."

Whereupon a formidable, middle-aged woman in the balcony rose and cried out, 'Quick! Give him some chicken soup!"

The manager, surprised, said, 'Madam, I said it was a fatal heart attack. The great Mendel Kalb is dead."

The woman repeated, 'So quick! Give him some chicken soup."

The manager screeched in desperation, 'Madam! The man is dead! What good will chicken soup do?"

And the woman shouted back, 'What harm?'"

All metaphysics... at the most, one thing can be said in its favour - it cannot do any harm. It is chicken soup to a dead man. Nothing good comes out of it. Nothing can come out of it - mere words, mere play of words. Nothing good can come out of it. Of course, no harm also. It is a futile activity; not even harm comes out of it.

And remember, something can be harmful only if it can be beneficial also. If it cannot be harmful, it cannot be beneficial. If something can be beneficial then it can be harmful also; then it depends on how it is used. Poison is harmful: it can be beneficial, it can become medicinal. It depends on how you use it.

But with metaphysics, there are mere words. But the human mind tends to believe in words. By and by it completely forgets that the reality is not in the words; it is beyond the words. It has to be approached through silence. It has to be approached through meditation, not through mind. If your mind goes on creating more and more rows of words, you will be continuously in a futile activity - much ado about nothing.

But why do people cling to their metaphysical attitudes? They cling, because if they drop those metaphysical attitudes - they call them philosophies, religion, christianity, hinduism, buddhism - if you drop them, suddenly you are naked. If you drop them, suddenly your trembling child is there - without the rag-doll. If you drop them, then you don't know who you are. If you drop them, suddenly you lose your identity. Your name, your form, everything starts disappearing... you start falling into an abyss - that is the fear.

People go on clinging to words. Words create more words. Words create more questions and more answers are needed, and then answers create more questions again, and so on and so forth.

There is a story of a workman who had been mortally wounded:

"A priest was sent for, and he began his ministrations by asking, 'Do you believe in god the father?

Do you believe in god the son? And do you believe in god the holy ghost?"

The man looked at those around him and murmured, 'Here am I dying and he asks me riddles.""

Life is continuously in the hands of death. Don't waste time in words and riddles.

Buddha used to say, 'I see you in great danger, and you go on wasting your time in solving riddles which have nothing to do with reality.' He used to say, 'You are like a man who has been wounded by a poisonous arrow, and who is lying down there. The physician comes and wants to take the arrow out of his body, but the man is a great philosopher and he says, "Wait. First I have to come to a conclusion whether the arrow is real or illusory, whether the world is real or illusory, maya. First I have to come to a decision whether the arrow has been thrown at me by accident, or whether somebody has done it purposely. Why did god create the world? Is there somebody who has created the world?" The fatally wounded philosopher asks, "Wait! First convince me whether life is worth saving or not.""

Buddha used to tell this story again and again, and he used to say, 'When I see you, I see the same man in you."

Your life is fleeting. The water of life is slipping through your fingers - any moment and death may strike - and you are trying to solve metaphysical puzzles? - Who created the world? Whether anybody created it or not? Who is god? What is his form?

People go on constantly discussing, debating. It seems they are avoiding something through these discussions. They are avoiding existence. They are trying to remain occupied in something so that the reality of life and death is not encountered.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018)

Thanks
    According to this guy, one should suffer from depression in order to avoid being ordinary...lol, this guy is cracked.

In a conversation with a Muslim from Palestine, he mentioned that he lived among a sect of 'somethings' whose prophet buys them American businesses when they convert to the cult. Pretty interesting religious philosphy there. I wonder how OSHO managed to accumulate his 47 Rolls-Royce fleet?

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (16th November 2018), Dreamtimer (16th November 2018), PurpleLama (16th November 2018)