Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 394647484950515259 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    To those who haven't sold their souls to either company store here in the States, partisan hacks are extremely easy to spot. The humor of it arises in watching them contort around trying to deny the obvious.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    It's so easy to label. But you're continually wrong with me, Fred. So I'm not sure your skills are really so good.

Have you listened to any of Beau's vids? They're quite short. He knows what the Constitution is about and has had direct experience with both the police and military.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Fred,

That is kind of insulting. Just because someone is anti-Trump doesn't make them a partisan hack. That makes no sense at all.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Hi OG, fred has a habit of that because he assumes so much. I don't even know if he is referring to me in that regard but honestly it doesn't matter, it is just par for his course. I should note that I wouldn't normally be so harsh, it is just that some are ... what's that word again, oh yeah, incorrigible. There doesn't seem to be any interest in pursuing a true course of discussion rather just flinging insults while on the run. hmm, maybe I'm the incorrigible one... hehehe, I am and I enjoy it ...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    Fred,

That is kind of insulting. Just because someone is anti-Trump doesn't make them a partisan hack. That makes no sense at all.
    Well first off it's nothing to do about Captain Chaos. Second, I don't see insult at all, it's just a descriptor. Kyle Kulinski from "Secular Talk" points out obvious partisan hackery all the time and it's never frowned upon here, it's just simply pointing out the obvious. Do you think it's an insult to call a Sean Hannity type a partisan hack, or a Rachel Maddow type a partisan hack? To each, anyone from the opposing party may as well be the devil incarnate, and anyone from the home team a knight in shining armor. No matter what either way.

I call that hackery, what do you call it?

When you're not only defending Antifa no matter what, but glorifying it to boot, well now we're really hitting it on all cylinders.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 19th October 2020 at 19:19.

Socrates

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020), Wind (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    I wanted to delete this before Aragorn saw it, Fred knows too well how to play this game!
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 19th October 2020 at 19:27.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    So general. So shallow. Why look under the surface of the water? What could possibly be there?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Octopus Garden (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Kulinski is only one step above a snake's belly in a wagon rut ...

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Octopus Garden (19th October 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Well first off it's nothing to do about Captain Chaos. Second, I don't see insult at all, it's just a descriptor. Kyle Kulinski from "Secular Talk" points out obvious partisan hackery all the time and it's never frowned upon here, it's just simply pointing out the obvious. Do you think it's an insult to call a Sean Hannity type a partisan hack, or a Rachel Maddow type a partisan hack? To each, anyone from the opposing party may as well be the devil incarnate, and anyone from the home team a knight in shining armor. No matter what either way.

When you're not only defending Antifa no matter what, but glorifying it to boot, well now we're really hitting it on all cylinders.
    What is anti-fa?

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post

Calling someone a hack seems pretty insulting to me. It infers they don't necessarily believe what they are saying or are somehow blind to other points of view, or are simple stenographers to those higher in the hierarchy.

If I called you a manipulative hack, because you appear to be objective when you aren't, is that insulting to you? I am not calling you this, just asking if that would insult you.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020), Elen (20th October 2020), Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020), Wind (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    .If I called you a manipulative hack, because you appear to be objective when you aren't, is that insulting to you? I am not calling you this, just asking if that would insult you.
    Well first off, to me this is comparing apples and oranges to a certain extent. A "partisan hack" is often one who is so enamored by the home team colors, that they subconsciously hide or downplay anything the least bit critical of the team, eternally hold them blameless, and furiously insist that any and all bad political decisions are the fault of the other team. Always. There is no other option.

But, there can also be the "partisan hack" that knows full well what they're doing, but chooses to be so anyway just because they believe so deeply in the righteousness of the cause. Never let your teammate down even if they are dead wrong on any given issue, and you damn well know it, but do it anyway because the ends justify the means.

I believe the former is going on here, although at times I wonder about NAP...

Now a "manipulative hack" I've never heard of, although at first glance I'd tend to place them in the latter category of partisan hack.

Socrates

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    Never heard of a manipulative hack? Now that's just funny. Any partisan hack is going to be manipulative. That's part and parcel.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (19th October 2020)

Thanks
    the only thing i hack is my tv selection

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (20th October 2020)

Thanks
    On a more serious note, perhaps you should pass this on to your unbiased, middle of the road, i seel all evil compatriots.

I've been saying this for quite a few years now: If the right did not chronically and continuously lie about everything it might be possible for the poor joe blow to know what the hell is truth and what is lie. As it is, there is only one default position for us to hold. Anything the right says has to be figured for a lie ... and the only response is one of extreme exasperation and an automatic exclamation of 'bullshit'.

Get that one straightened out with your guys and we might make some progress.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Elen (21st October 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    It's so easy to label. But you're continually wrong with me, Fred. So I'm not sure your skills are really so good.

Have you listened to any of Beau's vids? They're quite short. He knows what the Constitution is about and has had direct experience with both the police and military.
    No substantive reply. Oh well. I didn't expect one, of course. That would be out of character and off the normal patterns.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Elen (21st October 2020), Emil El Zapato (21st October 2020), Wind (21st October 2020)