Page 27 of 76 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I appreciate your perspective, Chris.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2020), Chris (11th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Chris (11th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Chris Hedges on Noam Chomsky Favouring Biden Over Trump & Voting for Lesser of Two Evils

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th May 2020), Chris (11th May 2020), Dreamtimer (11th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th May 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Here is a facet of the problem:

It starts with illegal migration: But let's actually start at the start...colonialism of the Americas, then later active recruitment of cheap labor out of necessity one might argue during the 1st half of the 20th century which lead to a sense of the illegals that they belonged by right and justice to be in the United States. Then the complaints of the working class and the propaganda of the right is used to foment unrest based on half truths. At that point all hell has been breaking out for decades.

And then comes Clinton who has a double bind situation to deal with. Justice for the American working class and justice for the 'victims' of all of the prior history, namely the 'illegals'.

What to do, what to do...well, how about trying to do both? Open free trade, a concession to all sides, the oligarchs are ecstatic and, of course, twist the agreements to squeeze the life blood out of everything in sight, the American working class, the historical victims and the hell with the rest of humanity. The intent was to raise all boats, stimulate a working economy south of the border thereby lessening illegal immigration which actually worked for Mexico, stimulate a growing world economy and create a innovative culture in the United States which in turn creates upwardly mobile jobs for the middle guy.

The money power class Trumped all of this with their ability to for all intents and purpose do whatever they please...kind of like the "Boys" greatest superpower in the world, "He can do whatever the f*ck he wants" and what he wants to do is not beneficial to anyone but himself.

But what is even worse is that the working class as 'victims' of propaganda haven't seen any of the positives that are possible occur, the only thing they perceive is "Hey, I'm getting seriously screwed here" and, of course, that is the truth. From a limited perspective, they see the Democratic party as the source of their misery and end up supporting the very c*cksuckers that sold them out.

And the power right continue on with their trading wives, Cadillacs, and diamonds, not to mention smoking cigars and drinking champagne.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (11th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Wind (12th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I have long thought that some sort of armed conflict between China and the USA was inevitable and would happen during the 2020s. Perhaps it won't come to that if the Communist regime collapses, like the Soviet Union did, but I personally see that as unlikely. There are two articles I would like to draw your attention to, both coming from a right-wing and pro-Trump viewpoint, but I believe they substantially match the US administrations current thinking and goals, so they make for important reading. I also happen to agree with quite a lot of the points in there, even if they go too far for my taste.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-05-...ronavirus.html

https://vdare.com/articles/patrick-j...or-cold-war-ii

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    You tend to read quite a lot of alt right websites, Chris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDARE

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    You tend to read quite a lot of alt right websites, Chris.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VDARE
    Not that much any more, but I check in often. I mostly read mainstream news (especially the Guardian and Independent), but I need to see both sides of an argument to get the full picture. If you only ever listen to one side, you are basically in an eco chamber and all you ever do is listen to people who confirm your pre-conceived notions and opinions.

I used to be quite heavily into conspiracy theories, or at least read and listened to them with interest, much like I would watch a Star Trek episode. I attended two David Icke talks and even managed to talk to the Guy briefly. This was about a decade ago, I have since moved on to other things.

I like reading Vdare from time to time, despite their White Nationalist leanings, because they are often the only ones honestly discussing issues (such as Race and Covid-19 susceptibility or the Immigration Racket) that mainstream sources studiously avoid in order not to appear racist. That being said, it is important to realise that vdare is absolutely obsessed with Race and that David Icke may be entertaining, but he does spread anti-semitism from time to time.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    If you only ever listen to one side, you are basically in an eco chamber and all you ever do is listen to people who confirm your pre-conceived notions and opinions.
    That is true indeed, that's why even I sometimes watch Fox News (albeit very rarely), mostly Cuck-er Carlson just due to the fact that I want to see what they're up to, albeit that it probably destroys my braincells, but a sacrifice must always be made in search for the truth.

I was wondering what do you think about George Soros? Hungary seems to be opposing him quite a lot for whatever reason.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    Pat Buchanan is one seriously ugly American, he and the ugly guy (another Irishman), have oft made the statement that the United States is doomed to fall because of immigration, chiefly from the south. He talks about the tipping point of percentages. His ethnicity still holds the record for the highest percentage of immigrants into the U.S. He conveniently always misses that point. Or maybe that is the point given that I'm a mix, a miscegenation in his twisted brain, of Irish and Mexican...just like Anthony Quinn... There's an old Mexican joke in there but I won't bore you with that.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    Which would you rather have, Guinness or tequila?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    lol...well, part of that Irish is German...so let's consider that as well...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Dreamtimer (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    That is true indeed, that's why even I sometimes watch Fox News (albeit very rarely), mostly Cuck-er Carlson just due to the fact that I want to see what they're up to, albeit that it probably destroys my braincells, but a sacrifice must always be made in search for the truth.

I was wondering what do you think about George Soros? Hungary seems to be opposing him quite a lot for whatever reason.
    Yes, George Soros is an interesting case.

I actually quite like him, along with his erstwhile business partner, co-founder of Quantum fund, Jim Rogers. They had a falling out and the latter gentleman now lives in Singapore, but I've read books from both.

In the case of Hungary and central Europe, Soros's role has been largely positive, especially since he played a role in the new Democracy movement in the late eighties and helped bring down the Berlin Wall and the Soviet Union. The situation is different in other parts of the world. Is it a good thing that he forced the pound out of the ERM mechanism and thus the Eurozone? Brexit probably wouldn't have happened without it.

Same thing with the Asian financial crisis in 1997. He played a big role in attacking and devaluing Asian currencies. Tens of thousands died as a result of the economic crisis that followed. That is hardly a positive thing.

However, right-wing autocrats hate him, because he pumps billions into his pet Left-wing causes and he funds an entire network of progressive organisations that are often revolutionary in nature. He really did play a large role in formenting the colour revolutions and the Arab Spring. Was that a good thing?

I have no idea, but it can't be denied that he changed the world substantially while he was on this Earth, so many are going to criticise and attack him. He is clearly an enemy of the likes of Orbán, Putin, Netanyahu and Trump and they attack and criticise him as a result. I really think the Bond-villain image is a right-wing smear, but he's no saint either, he is a ruthless manipulator from the background. I suspect history will see him in a positive light eventually, due to his support of progressive causes and will gloss over his financial shenanigans, which were considerable...

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Why do folks want war so badly? What kind of delusion leads them to think they will end up with more freedom if we go to war with China? How do they think it can be sustained economically? Why do we not learn our lessons?

The wars in the middle east didn't 'pay for themselves'.

Where is he gonna get all the soldiers? Is he going to reinstitute the draft?

China has been preparing for war with us for decades. We have not been doing the same. Is 'make America great' supposed to be about war with China? Trump was gushing over China's leader. Heaping him with praise. He's not prepared for war. He has no idea how to run a war. He can't even handle a pandemic.

War would indeed lead to collapse.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chris (13th May 2020), Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)

Thanks
    When nukes start to fly there truly will be no winners.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    That would push us over the edge in terms of collapse. A system which has already been taxed to its limits cannot stand up to that level of war. Not to mention the folks who want Civil War so badly.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Emil El Zapato (13th May 2020), Wind (13th May 2020)