Page 35 of 76 FirstFirst ... 253233343536373845 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 43,177 Times in 11,952 Posts
    This morning using Minneapolis as an example it was pointed out that historically (now nominally outlawed) a clause in most home purchase documents included 'only whites' will be allowed to purchase this home. There is the underpinning of the system to 'give' minorities a hand up. Always promoted by the right or left depending which side of the coin appeared to be the most racist at the given moment in time.

We gotta be real, aware, and have a true desire to see equity for ALL people. I think the American Rainbow is bringing reality to Earth. It is an amazing thing to watch the things that are being proposed and they are coming from the most unexpected places. If this holds this is REAL change!

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (8th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Sorry guys,

You're not going to like this, but the more this mayhem goes on, the more clarity I have over what really is happening in the US.

The Left is instigating a race war. This includes the Democratic establishment and the media, most prominently the New York Times. Their ultimate aim seems to be revolution, or at least insurrection. They just want Trump gone (which I can understand, but still) and are willing to pay whatever price, risk everything, to get it done.

After this, there is no way in hell that the Midwestern swing states that Biden needs to win are going to vote blue this time round. As bad as Trump is, at least he represents law and order. A lot of scared white people are going to vote for him come November, just to stop this madness, which may go on for several months on current form.

When (and not if) Trump gets reelected, the race war will kick into a higher gear and things will probably get even worse. We might really see some sort of martial law and troops shooting looters on sight. At this point, it will probably be a welcome change for most people who want normality restored.

I call this a race war for a reason, because there are clearly defined racial lines here. The businesses that are being looted are mostly owned by white people, the people doing the looting are mostly black and brown. They are pissed off that white (and Asian) people are more successful than they are and the Left has convinced them that this is due to some nefarious conspiracy by whites to keep brown and black people poor (but not Asians for some reason, who are also a different race in case I need to point that out). The parallels with Kristallnacht are pretty uncomfortable.

I expect that white (and Asian) people will move out of the major cities for good and form their own fortified regions with major cities collapsing into a post-apocalyptic wasteland. There will be a lot of boarded up and empty skyscrapers in the likes of Manhattan and Chicago. Johannesburg actually provides a nice preview of coming attractions in that regard.

It seems that Democrat-run cities are gradually going to close their police departments, so there will be utter lawlessness and mayhem, maybe literally mob rule. There probably won't be a single urban area in the US that will be safe for anyone to walk in and so people just won't, they will abandon these places in droves, at least the more affluent ones. I'm sad to see this unfold, but I really see no way out of this.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,099 Times in 1,080 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    lol...the problem is deeper than black lives, as I have always said, it is authoritarianism...that is easy to levy against animals... Wouldn't you agree, Chris?
    It's largely but not purely racial. It's war on the underclass, the workers by the "ubermen" Globalism as a neo-liberal ideology, originally, displaced a huge percentage of blacks who had worked in unionized manufacturing jobs.

That happened during the dawning of the tech age, which started away from black populations, more on the West Coast, by white nurdy guys. And if you follow general trends, the demographic who has the initial jump in any industry is going to dominate it.

Blacks HAVE been disadvantaged. There are many individual exceptions to this general rule, but it remains a reality nevertheless. And if part of that disadvantage lies in actual obstruction and disturbance of lives through a two tiered justice system--one for the middle and upper class and another for blacks of any class (but particularly the underclass) you have an entrenched and systemic issue.

It's a tragedy, a bloody shame... literally.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (8th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    its much more complicated than that Chris...Asians make up different demographic groups as do Hispanics...Cubans for example at least in the earlier waves were from upper middle class backgrounds. Asian Japanese and Chinese are in many ways similar...Though I was listening to a presentation the other day that many if not most current illegal immigrants are Asian, specifically Chinese...and many of these are not social favorites which means their upward road will be more difficult than average, so their only real hope is that they possess inherent skills that are more than average. Blacks and indigenous Americans have been squashed for all of their history with European contact. Their starting points are massively different.

Early Chinese immigrants built railroads and were discriminated against without mercy...their immigration was outlawed for a good while. After Whites began to get wind that Asians were more 'intelligent' than they it lent automatic status to the 'New Asian'. (that perception has resulted in massive stereotyping) to the good of the 'special' Asians...the rest are for the most part still dirt in the mind of white Americans but very exploitable for sexual favors...Vietnamese, Hmong, Malaysians, etc.

After Mexican immigrants started to move away from the farm where they, in turn, had been mercilessly exploited and discriminated against, they began to build railroads in the Midwest and the descendants of those generations of immigrants are now Lawyers, Engineers, Teachers, Tradesman, Business owners...Sometimes despite all the opposition in the world you can't keep a group down.

And last but not least, Blacks have been hunted like game for 400 years...to not face the realities of all of the above is to miss important things fundamental to human nature.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (8th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Octopus Garden View Post
    It's largely but not purely racial. It's war on the underclass, the workers by the "ubermen" Globalism as a neo-liberal ideology, originally, displaced a huge percentage of blacks who had worked in unionized manufacturing jobs.

That happened during the dawning of the tech age, which started away from black populations, more on the West Coast, by white nurdy guys. And if you follow general trends, the demographic who has the initial jump in any industry is going to dominate it.

Blacks HAVE been disadvantaged. There are many individual exceptions to this general rule, but it remains a reality nevertheless. And if part of that disadvantage lies in actual obstruction and disturbance of lives through a two tiered justice system--one for the middle and upper class and another for blacks of any class (but particularly the underclass) you have an entrenched and systemic issue.

It's a tragedy, a bloody shame... literally.
    Without a doubt that's true...i think that is finally how we got where we are...if no one is happy...there will be hell to pay...

Do you mean 'liberal' in the classical sense or just 'neo-liberal'...curious is all...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Reacting to all of the above:

Everybody was discriminated against when they first arrived in the New World, except maybe for WASPS.

Most ethnic groups managed to get over it, whether it is the Irish, Germans, Jews, Poles, Chinese, Japanese, etc...

Blacks did not. Why? Nobody seems to ever want to answer that question truthfully. And it is not because they came from Africa or the colour of their skin, since recent African immigrants or South Indians, who are very dark-skinned are doing fine. There is clearly something else going on here and nobody in the US is willing to have an honest conversation about race and the genuine problems of the African-American community. I believe people are overlooking the possibility that this particular ethnic group has largely themselves to blame for their generic failure to thrive in the US. Most people in the world would swim across the Atlantic ocean to be given the same opportunities as African-Americans are given as a birthright.

They are born US citizens, speaking English as a Mother Tongue and can move around freely all across America, get special treatment in terms of ethnic quotas for certain jobs and university places, be eligible for welfare and all sorts of social programmes. If with those advantages in life, you can't make it, the problem really is with you. I am honest when I say that most people on this planet would kill to be given the same opportunities as African-Americans and whilst some make the most of it, most don't and then blame white people for their own failures. The entire Leftist establishment is encouraging this dangerous delusion and is feeding into and encouraging it. This is going to end badly.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    lol...the thing is most people can't swim the Atlantic...it doesn't sound like something that can be satisfactorily explained to you Chris...but I never pass a challenge.

Systematic abuse will lead to a dysfunctional human being of any color...they have outlets and many have found them...but not everyone is of the same timbre...some are more angry than others, some are more dejected than others, some are more frightened than others, many are less capable than others, and some are serial killers.

I lived on the streets for about two months in Miami, Florida...I and of couple of friends got stranded after my car broke down...the highlight of the stay was watching a paranoid-schizophrenic stand up in the library and accuse another person there of being a body snatcher. I got to see him mauled the next day by another crazy guy. We were approached by some poor kids speaking Spanish and appealing to God to give them food. The real highlight was when we were spending the night around some paper trash bins and I had just drifted off. I woke up to see a guy pop off the lid of his box where he was living. That was a surreal experience. You have no idea how degrading just a month or two of that life will change you...for good or bad.

The really frightening thing is that I learned how one can get hopelessly lost in the ghetto, barrio, whatever it is. One truly begins to feel that there is no escape, no way out. I might still be there, if we hadn't found a friend that helped us get back on our feet and enabled to get the f*ck out of there.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    lol...the thing is most people can't swim the Atlantic...it doesn't sound like something that can be satisfactorily explained to you Chris...but I never pass a challenge.
    I obviously meant that figuratively.

Systematic abuse will lead to a dysfunctional human being of any color...they have outlets and many have found them...but not everyone is of the same timbre...some are more angry than others, some are more dejected than others, some are more frightened than others, many are less capable than others, and some are serial killers.

I lived on the streets for about two months in Miami, Florida...I and of couple of friends got stranded after my car broke down...the highlight of the stay was watching a paranoid-schizophrenic stand up in the library and accuse another person there of being a body snatcher. I got to see him mauled the next day by another crazy guy. We were approached by some poor kids speaking Spanish and appealing to God to give them food. The real highlight was when we were spending the night around some paper trash bins and I had just drifted off. I woke up to see a guy pop off the lid of his box where he was living. That was a surreal experience. You have no idea how degrading just a month or two of that life will change you...for good or bad.

The really frightening thing is that I learned how one can get hopelessly lost in the ghetto, barrio, whatever it is. One truly begins to feel that there is no escape, no way out. I might still be there, if we hadn't found a friend that helped us get back on our feet and enabled to get the f*ck out of there.
    That argument about systematic abuse gets really old, when slavery ended in the 19th century. It is now the 21st. Perhaps time to get over it. Eastern Europeans were being worked to death as slaves within living memory and yet we don't whine about systematic abuse.

BTW, recent immigrants from Africa, who barely speak English can get jobs as soon as they arrive in the US and they start moving up the social ladder. How come native-born Americans can't? It's just entitlement and laziness. Nothing really to do with race either as white working-class Britons are now pretty much facing the same problems. It is now the third generation not working and living off benefits until kingdom come, whereas recent immigrants can get jobs almost immediately.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    many immigrants are supported by systems that help them, if they are among the chosen. You nailed it, Why? It is an inter-generational legacy. I wonder if those 'Africans' moving up the ladder will still be moving up the ladder when they become 'African-Americans'. All it would take is a misstep or two and it's ghetto here I come. As for immigrants in general, sociologists call borders a Darwinian filter. The key is that any one individual needs a monetary support system, of some kind, and in most cases it supersedes the level of slave wages.

Don't miss the human aspect of it, Any immigrant is looking for upward mobility and many have the skills necessary to begin the journey.

Of course, southern immigrants are told that they just want to live off the American Welfare System. which has never been true, is not true now, nor will it ever be true.

Chris, I'm betting you have a long history of self-respect...Your Grandfather was a military officer? Are you still viewed as a puke from your fellow citizens? It's like comparing apples and oranges

Chris, the American situation will become clearer overtime, I guarantee you what we are seeing is a very good thing...very good.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    many immigrants are supported by systems that help them, if they are among the chosen. You nailed it, Why? It is an inter-generational legacy. I wonder if those 'Africans' moving up the ladder will still be moving up the ladder when they become 'African-Americans'. All it would take is a misstep or two and it's ghetto here I come. As for immigrants in general, sociologists call borders a Darwinian filter. The key is that any one individual needs a monetary support system, of some kind, and in most cases it supersedes the level of slave wages.

Don't miss the human aspect of it, Any immigrant is looking for upward mobility and many have the skills necessary to begin the journey.

Of course, southern immigrants are told that they just want to live off the American Welfare System. which has never been true, is not true now, nor will it ever be true.

Chris, I'm betting you have a long history of self-respect...Your Grandfather was a military officer? Are you still viewed as a puke from your fellow citizens? It's like comparing apples and oranges

Chris, the American situation will become clearer overtime, I guarantee you what we are seeing is a very good thing...very good.
    Let's hope you are right.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Always!

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    Without a doubt that's true...i think that is finally how we got where we are...if no one is happy...there will be hell to pay...

Do you mean 'liberal' in the classical sense or just 'neo-liberal'...curious is all...
    Neo-liberal, like neo-con, in a very real sense!

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Chris (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Senior Member Canada
    Thanks
    The only source of support blacks had, arriving in the U.S, were fellow family members, if they were lucky. Once they were sold at auction, families were ripped apart. Children taken from mothers, husbands and wives were separated.

Intact families are the foundation of societies that are relationship based. And society back in the day was exactly that. Less so today, but still very much a part of the business world. It's not what you know, but who you know. Social networks and nepotism still play a huge role in advancement, cohesiveness and personal ego strength of the participants.

Right down to what we consider pure ego, the type it takes to strive and survive, is affected by being easily accepted into the greater working world. Ego is erroneously mistaken for a function of what an individual thinks and feels about themselves. When really, it's what the person thinks of themselves, plus what he or she thinks others think of them.

As this is the case, ego is a general consensus construct that becomes internalized. This is why appearances are so important, why personal dignity is everything to us--and why black people have an aversion to being near us, as well. Until it is made abundantly clear that they are more than welcome to participate in white society, and no longer unfairly persecuted by the legal system, they will shy away. Who wants an existential as well as an ego crisis to have to deal with?

When blacks are viewed with suspicion or derision by whites, they understandably stick to their own.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Octopus Garden For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Very solid points, OG, and stated better than I was able...External social pressures surely do have a deleterious effect.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Octopus Garden (8th June 2020), Wind (8th June 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,479 Times in 7,283 Posts
    In USA the problem is not only systematic racism, but the real problem is class warfare.

It is beyond sad that there are no true leaders like MLK anymore. Even if there were, they too probably would be shot down.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (9th June 2020), Chris (9th June 2020), Elen (9th June 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th June 2020), Octopus Garden (9th June 2020)