Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 12192021222324253272 ... LastLast

Thread: Collapse

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    I think Fred is right when he said this about the Joe Rogan show.

Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Candidates like Joe Biden, Pete Buddigieg or Kamala Harris would fold like a cheap card table in such an extended and probing sit down. I won't be expecting them...
    Bernie was there, Andrew Yang and Tulsi too so they have passed at least first part of "the test".

If you are a phony politician, you sure ain't gonna be on the Joe Rogan show. That's for sure.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th October 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd October 2019), Elen (24th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    That’s why warren is my favorite. The ‘Booty’ will eventually make waves
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th October 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd October 2019), Elen (24th October 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    That’s why warren is my favorite. The ‘Booty’ will eventually make waves
    She hasn't been on Joe Rogan, which is a shame. Makes me question how genuine she is.

Even her fans on Reddit are saying that she shouldn't go to JRE because he is giving platform to "right-wingers" like Jordan Peterson. Lmao!

https://www.reddit.com/r/ElizabethWa...rogan_podcast/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th October 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd October 2019), Elen (24th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (23rd October 2019)

Thanks
    Well there is some truth to that. Politics is a game of public perception. Someone like Warren who has solid credentials and has been around for a good while doesn’t have to take the risks that others might. And she would not want to land in the world of alt-fighters that would shred her for any spark of decency she possessed and on general principles. Way secondarily to any alt-fighters she could be tripped up on any duplicity she possessed.

Uncivil emphasis on uncivil down and dirty fighting is not something a refined lady would relish.

Other types love it, need to take risks and in fact their true nature can lead them there.

But it is probably a legitimate criticism that her people would go to discouraging her.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (25th October 2019), Dreamtimer (23rd October 2019), Elen (24th October 2019), Wind (23rd October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    https://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nat...-in-the-night/

The Sound of Shoes Dropping in the Night

It was interesting to watch the Cable News divas go incandescent under the glare of their own gaslight late yesterday when they received the unpleasant news that the Barr & Durham “review” of RussiaGate had been officially upgraded to a “criminal investigation.” Rachel Maddow’s trademark pouty-face got a workout as she strained to imagine “…what the thing is that Durham might be looking into.” Yes, that’s a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma, all right… with a sputtering fuse sticking out of it. Welcome to the Wile E. Coyote Lookalike Club, Rache. You’ll have a lot of competition when the Sunday morning news-chat shows rev up.

Minutes later, the answer dawned on her: “It [the thing] follows the wildest conspiracy theories from Fox News!” You’d think that someone who invested two-plus years of her life in the Mueller report, which blew up in her pouty-face last spring, might have felt a twinge of journalistic curiosity as to the sum-and-substance of the thing. But no, she just hauled on-screen RussiaGate intriguer David Laufman, a former DOJ lawyer who ran the agency’s CounterIntel and Export Control desk during the RussiaGate years, and also helped oversee the botched Hillary Clinton private email server probe.

“They have this theory,” Rachel said, “that maybe Russia didn’t interfere in the election….”

“It’s preposterous,” said Mr. Laufman, all lawyered up and ready to draw a number and take a seat for his own grand jury testimony. (Note: Mr. Laufman was also deeply involved in the Brett Kavanaugh fiasco as lawyer to Christine Blasey Ford’s BFF, former FBI agent Monica McLean.)

Over in the locked ward of CNN, Andy Cooper and Jeff Toobin attempted to digest the criminal investigation news as if someone had ordered in a platter of shit sandwiches for the green room just before air-time. Toobin pretended to not know exactly who the mysterious Joseph Mifsud was, and struggled to even pronounce his name: “…Mifsood? Misfood…? You mean the Italian professor?” No Jeff, the guy employed by several “friendly” foreign intelligence agencies, and the CIA, to sandbag Trump campaign advisor George Papadopoulos, and failed. I guess when you’re at the beating heart of TV news, you don’t have to actually follow any of the stories reported outside your range of thought and experience.

Next Andy hauled onscreen former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper (now a paid CNN “contributor”) to finesse a distinction between the “overall investigation of the Russian interference” and “the counterintelligence investigation that was launched by the FBI.” Consider that Mr. Clapper was right in the middle between the CIA and the FBI. Since he is known to be a friend of Mr. Comey’s and a not-friend of Mr. Brennan’s one can easily see which way Mr. Clapper is tilting. One can also see the circular firing squad that this is a setup for. And, of course, Mr. Clapper himself will be a subject in Mr. Durham’s criminal case proceedings. I predict October will be the last month that Mr. Clapper draws a CNN paycheck — as he hunkers down with his attorneys awaiting the subpoena with his name on it.

The New York Times story on this turn of events Friday morning is a lame attempt to rescue former FBI Director Jim Comey by pinning the blame for RussiaGate on the CIA, shoving CIA John Brennan under the bus. The Times report says: “Mr. Durham has also asked whether C.I.A. officials might have somehow tricked the F.B.I. into opening the Russia investigation.” There’s the next narrative for you. Expect to hear this incessantly well into 2020: “We wuz tricked!”

I wonder if there is any way to hold the errand boys-and-girls in the news media accountable for their roles as handmaidens in what will be eventually known as a seditious coup to overthrow a president. We do enjoy freedom of the press in this land, but I can see how these birds merit charges as unindicted co-conspirators in the affair. One wonders if the various boards of directors of the newspaper and cable news outfits might seek to salvage their self-respect by firing the executives who allowed it happen. If anything might be salutary in the outcome of this hot mess, it would be a return to respectability of the news media.

As for impeachment, ringmaster Rep. Adam Schiff is surely steaming straight into his own historic Joe McCarthy moment when somebody of incontestable standing denounces him as a fraud and a scoundrel… and the mysterious workings of nonlinear behavior tips the political mob past a criticality threshold, shifting the weight of consensus out of darkness and madness. It has happened before in history. Two centuries before Joe McCarthy, the French national assembly suddenly turned on the Jacobins Robespierre and St. Just after their orgy of beheading 17,000 enemies. The two were quickly dispatched themselves to the awe of their beloved guillotine and the Jacobin faction was not heard of again —until recently in America, where it first infected the Universities and then sickened the polity at large almost unto death.
    Last edited by Chris, 25th October 2019 at 15:23.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (25th October 2019)

Thanks
    Holy You Know What! Barr and his cohorts are being subjected to a criminal investigation BECAUSE of their fantasy investigation?!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th October 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (26th October 2019)

Thanks
    I'm confused...I was under the impression that the criminal investigation was 'external' to Barr's fake investigation...But now I"m reading that it might not be the case. This shall be interesting... Take a deep breath Chris... lol.

If anything comes of this, there goes my perfect record of prognostication.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 26th October 2019 at 01:00.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th October 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (26th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    I don't even pretend to understand what's going on with these investigations as they go back and forth, I'm only interested in them as a symptom of what ails America. I see a country that is hopelessly divided and is currently fighting a bloodless civil war. I have no stake in the outcome of the game, I am only interested in the big picture. It is fascinating to watch, how a country tears itself apart. I really can't wait to see how this plays out.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th October 2019), Wind (26th October 2019)

Thanks
    Well your thoughts sure as hell makes what sense there is to be had. It is really interesting.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th October 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Well personally I think it sucks. Mostly because intelligent people I know have thrown their brains into the trash bin.

They think they're getting their judges or their tax breaks or their whatever. None of which they will keep under the current leadership. Trump will take away what he gives as easily as he fails to pay folks who work for him, or cities who host his rallies.

He has stiffed several cities now, while still self-dealing.

I really don't get how smart people can be so utterly stupid.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th October 2019), Wind (26th October 2019)

Thanks
    I think what is catalyzing under Trump's reign is the underlying dichotomy that needs to be dealt with...White vs Non-White. As it turns out, it really is that simple. Perhaps more fundamentally, "My genes vs Your genes"

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Chris (26th October 2019), Dreamtimer (28th October 2019), Elen (27th October 2019)

Thanks
    Racism is a complex and complicated issue. Whites can be racist against other whites. The Irish are a good example (of experiencing racism by other whites). But it could be something as simple as the label 'white trash'.

I personally think that the mixing of genetic diversity and cultural diversity in America is one of the things that gives it it's greatest strength. It was founded by culturally diverse folks, why shouldn't it continue that way? We didn't get weak over time, we got stronger.

White folks could have their DNA checked to see how much of what they have. It could help adjust perspective. But prejudices don't die with logic and information. That takes a lot of hard work.

Trump is an opportunist who plays into passions. That's where his gut is strongest. He's playing into something that obviously existed already. Some folks had their heads in the sand, believing we had got past racism.

Now they can see for real that's not the case. It's a good first step. Trump's current strength, playing into this dynamic, will weaken over time. He's not really recruiting new folks into the belief system, just exploiting what's there. It can't last over time.

Folks who were standing on the sidelines believing in their comfort have been rudely awakened. They gonna get active.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chris (28th October 2019), Elen (29th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (28th October 2019), Wind (28th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Dmitry Orlov's take on the current state of the world on the Keiser report, from 13:00.

As a side note, if I had listened to Max Keiser a decade ago and invested my savings in bitcoins, I'd be a millionaire by now... Who knew that of all the doommongers and kollapsniks, he would turn out to be the one with the soundest investment advice...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th October 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Racism is a complex and complicated issue. Whites can be racist against other whites. The Irish are a good example (of experiencing racism by other whites). But it could be something as simple as the label 'white trash'.

I personally think that the mixing of genetic diversity and cultural diversity in America is one of the things that gives it it's greatest strength. It was founded by culturally diverse folks, why shouldn't it continue that way? We didn't get weak over time, we got stronger.

White folks could have their DNA checked to see how much of what they have. It could help adjust perspective. But prejudices don't die with logic and information. That takes a lot of hard work.

Trump is an opportunist who plays into passions. That's where his gut is strongest. He's playing into something that obviously existed already. Some folks had their heads in the sand, believing we had got past racism.

Now they can see for real that's not the case. It's a good first step. Trump's current strength, playing into this dynamic, will weaken over time. He's not really recruiting new folks into the belief system, just exploiting what's there. It can't last over time.

Folks who were standing on the sidelines believing in their comfort have been rudely awakened. They gonna get active.
    DT, maybe it's just my old alt-right reflexes kicking in, but I really have to disagree with you on this one.

The US was not founded by culturally diverse folk. It was founded by White Anglo-Saxon Protestants and they remain the ruling class of that country. This has expanded with time, but up to 1968, when immigration reform was introduced, it was essentially a 90 percent white, 10 percent black, anglo-saxon, protestant nation. All its strengths and weaknesses stem from this fact. It may have become more diverse since, through a deliberate, forced policy of mass third-world migration, but I doubt that has benefited the country in any meaningful sense. If anything, I see it as the main reason that the country is falling apart and so riven by division and infighting. It is becoming ever more similar to other culturally and ethnically "diverse" paradises, such as India, Brazil, Indonesia or South Africa.

There is value in ethnic and religious homogeneity as any Japanese or Korean person could tell you. How come nobody's criticising them for keeping their ethnic makeup and culture intact? It is because we instinctively know that there is value in preserving your own unique culture and heritage. We lose something by allowing it to be diluted through mass, uncontrolled immigration.

Don't get me wrong, I have been an immigrant myself and I'm not against legal, controlled immigration that benefits the host society. However, that is not what we're seeing lately, instead we are witnessing a new great migration period, that puts those migrating (and relying on expensive and dangerous smuggling routes) in danger, lining the pockets of organised crime gangs and sticking the host countries with unaffordable costs. There are billions of people in third-world countries that would like to move to developed, Western countries. If we allowed all of them to move on a whim, with an open-border policy, it would simply collapse those countries and lead to mass riots and civil war.

This is why Trump and Brexit got so much support from the local populace in the US and the UK, because they feel that they have no voice and no say in this, they are being subjected to mass immigration and a dilution of their culture and ethnic makeup against their will. Both are the results of a popular grassroots revolt against this worldwide phenomenon which is unequivocally supported, encouraged and enforced by globalist forces, but particularly the international Left. The reaction to this is people seeking a saviour in the far-right. That is probably going to end badly, but it is an entirely understandable and predictable response to the Left's self-hating mass immigration policies.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (30th October 2019)

Thanks
    Very good points, Chris.

Many Americans would say that Japan and Korea should become more western or more American, and that's likely because many Americans think we have the best and therefore the only way.

It's true that America was mostly white, but that wasn't necessarily a unifying feature. Whites were living in their ethnic communities and many whites discriminated against other whites. We're a mash-up of folks from a lot of countries and we don't have the long established cultural history that places like Japan have.

America has a lot of wealth. Most is in the hands of a few families which is not a good thing. But we can handle a lot of folks coming in. Many Americans will say 'til they're blue in the face that we have plenty of open space, usually in the context of trying to develop it.

Immigrants who have come here have been working, many in jobs Americans don't want to do.

We're not homogenous and we really never have been. I can see the difference when I go to Scandinavia.

Our legacy of division leftover from slavery and the Civil War is at the heart of our current divisions. We still have healing to do.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Chris (30th October 2019), Emil El Zapato (30th October 2019)