Page 29 of 112 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979 ... LastLast

Thread: Humour thread

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (3rd August 2020), Dreamtimer (4th August 2020), Elen (4th August 2020), Wind (3rd August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    At first glance that photo was totally a woman. I had to look again to see that the face was not 'hers'.
    The original picture was of Queen Victoria, and her face didn't exactly come across as very feminine.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (4th August 2020), Elen (4th August 2020), Wind (3rd August 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    So it became Queen Dicktoria. I see now.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (5th August 2020), Elen (5th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2020), Wind (4th August 2020)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Her necklace is slightly off-center. Other than that...every strand of hair in place.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (5th August 2020), Dreamtimer (5th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th August 2020), Wind (5th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    Her necklace is slightly off-center. Other than that...every strand of hair in place.
    And it was all hers too!
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (5th August 2020), Elen (5th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th August 2020), Malisa (6th August 2020), Wind (5th August 2020)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (5th August 2020), Elen (6th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (5th August 2020), Malisa (6th August 2020)

Thanks
    that guy is truly beyond description ...

And so many people, not just Americans, identify with what he represents en toto, morals, intelligence, authoritarianism... How has humanity managed to survive. It proves there is a God looking out for us.

Fools and idiots are high on the list of the Creator and St. Joseph of Cupertino.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (6th August 2020), Malisa (6th August 2020), Wind (7th August 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    And it was all hers too!
    Maybe, maybe not, the first hair extensions come back from thousands of years, so i bet at her time there were some "tricks" going on as well

And..... LOL

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (6th August 2020), Aragorn (6th August 2020), Dreamtimer (8th August 2020), Elen (6th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2020), Wind (7th August 2020)

Thanks

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (9th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th August 2020)

Thanks

Someone on Quora asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (9th August 2020), Malisa (8th August 2020), Wind (8th August 2020)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Trump - Jabba the Hutt of privilege.
    That list is so true.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (9th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th August 2020)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,904 Times in 446 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Heeeeeyeeeeet!!!...

I want to see :P

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post

Someone on Quora asked "Why do some British people not like Donald Trump?" Nate White, an articulate and witty writer from England wrote the following response:

A few things spring to mind.

Trump lacks certain qualities which the British traditionally esteem.

For instance, he has no class, no charm, no coolness, no credibility, no compassion, no wit, no warmth, no wisdom, no subtlety, no sensitivity, no self-awareness, no humility, no honour and no grace – all qualities, funnily enough, with which his predecessor Mr. Obama was generously blessed.

So for us, the stark contrast does rather throw Trump's limitations into embarrassingly sharp relief.

Plus, we like a laugh. And while Trump may be laughable, he has never once said anything wry, witty or even faintly amusing – not once, ever.

I don't say that rhetorically, I mean it quite literally: not once, not ever. And that fact is particularly disturbing to the British sensibility – for us, to lack humour is almost inhuman.

But with Trump, it's a fact. He doesn't even seem to understand what a joke is – his idea of a joke is a crass comment, an illiterate insult, a casual act of cruelty.

Trump is a troll. And like all trolls, he is never funny and he never laughs; he only crows or jeers.

And scarily, he doesn't just talk in crude, witless insults – he actually thinks in them. His mind is a simple bot-like algorithm of petty prejudices and knee-jerk nastiness.

There is never any under-layer of irony, complexity, nuance or depth. It's all surface.

Some Americans might see this as refreshingly upfront.

Well, we don't. We see it as having no inner world, no soul.

And in Britain we traditionally side with David, not Goliath. All our heroes are plucky underdogs: Robin Hood, Dick Whittington, Oliver Twist.

Trump is neither plucky, nor an underdog. He is the exact opposite of that.

He's not even a spoiled rich-boy, or a greedy fat-cat.

He's more a fat white slug. A Jabba the Hutt of privilege.

And worse, he is that most unforgivable of all things to the British: a bully.

That is, except when he is among bullies; then he suddenly transforms into a snivelling sidekick instead.

There are unspoken rules to this stuff – the Queensberry rules of basic decency – and he breaks them all. He punches downwards – which a gentleman should, would, could never do – and every blow he aims is below the belt. He particularly likes to kick the vulnerable or voiceless – and he kicks them when they are down.

So the fact that a significant minority – perhaps a third – of Americans look at what he does, listen to what he says, and then think 'Yeah, he seems like my kind of guy' is a matter of some confusion and no little distress to British people, given that:

• Americans are supposed to be nicer than us, and mostly are.

• You don't need a particularly keen eye for detail to spot a few flaws in the man.

This last point is what especially confuses and dismays British people, and many other people too; his faults seem pretty bloody hard to miss.

After all, it's impossible to read a single tweet, or hear him speak a sentence or two, without staring deep into the abyss. He turns being artless into an art form; he is a Picasso of pettiness; a Shakespeare of shit. His faults are fractal: even his flaws have flaws, and so on ad infinitum.

God knows there have always been stupid people in the world, and plenty of nasty people too. But rarely has stupidity been so nasty, or nastiness so stupid.

He makes Nixon look trustworthy and George W look smart.

In fact, if Frankenstein decided to make a monster assembled entirely from human flaws – he would make a Trump.

And a remorseful Doctor Frankenstein would clutch out big clumpfuls of hair and scream in anguish:

'My God... what... have... I... created?

If being a twat was a TV show, Trump would be the boxed set.
    Risking sounding terrible, i have to say that most of my friends in the UK and other "eastern countries" just call him "Jabba the Fat"

I'm sorry LMAO

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Malisa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (9th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (8th August 2020), Wind (8th August 2020)

Thanks
    I shall remember ...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th August 2020), Dreamtimer (9th August 2020), Elen (9th August 2020), Malisa (12th August 2020), Wind (8th August 2020)

Thanks

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th August 2020), Dreamtimer (10th August 2020), Elen (10th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (9th August 2020), Lord Sidious (9th August 2020), Malisa (12th August 2020)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Have a wee Puff...

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th August 2020), Elen (12th August 2020), Emil El Zapato (11th August 2020), Malisa (12th August 2020), Wind (11th August 2020)