Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: "Alt Community" Heroes

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    And both have always been right-wing/conservative and US-centric. Not exactly what the world needs.
    I guess they had some appeal when they were out of power and sort of independent. Now that their man is effectively in the White House, they're pretty useless. I don't want to bash Alex Jones too much, he did some excellent work in the past. I don't know what's going on with him at the moment, but he looks unhinged and seems to be losing his mind.

Well, Abby Martin and her Empire Files are pretty decent when it comes to journalism, albeit that Abby herself is quite progressive/left-leaning, which does somewhat affect the choice of topics she'll address. But she won't lie and she won't publish anything that she hasn't verified herself.

She's got integrity, and she's got the cojones to go where almost no other journalist will go. Most of the US corporate-political machine and its shills hate her. She's almost gotten herself killed like that a few times. Journalists like that are hard to find anymore these days.
    Thanks, I'll check her out.

BTW, over the years I noticed that many of the alternative media outlets are either run by the Kremlin (Zerohedge and obviously RT and Sputnik News) or are basically there to sell gold, dubious investments, overpriced vitamins and supplements, survival gear or other such nonsense. I've lost my trust in all of them, especially since many got on the alt-right bandwagon.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (29th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Shadowself (3rd October 2018), Wind (27th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 2,602 Posts
    So back to alt community heroes. I just stumbled across another fun little diddly from one that we all know and love, who takes pride in being a leading standard bearer for putting out only meticulously researched information. See if you can guess who it is?

I remember very early on, in 2006, when she wanted us to interview Brooks Agnew, who was hell-bent (as it were) to mount an expedition to the Arctic to find the hole in the ocean (or the hole in something!) that led to the Inner (Hollow) Earth.

NO, I said. I argued VERY strongly that we needed to be a gold standard of quality, accuracy, and dependability — NOT interesting sensationalism — because that was so much needed in an increasingly confusing world. That was always my own guiding light (which I still attempt always to steer by), though back then we did fall short of that a few times.

Kerry may have long forgotten about that important conversation 12 years ago.
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t=#post1251868

Well, apparently this alt community hero's memory isn't so hot either, being that 2006 would have been right on the heels of him bailing on a contagious meme he had set loose, based on ZERO evidence.

This meme is still alive and well today. Now I'm not here to beat a dead horse, but this hero continues to thrust his proud chest out and preach about integrity and meticulous research, while conveniently either ignoring, or greatly minimizing, his own rich history to the contrary.

Serpo got busted as a fraud, pure sensationalism, from which he conveniently bailed straight into the saving arms of Kerry and Project Camelot. Same as he bailed when the "Charles" nonsense blew up in his face a few years later. Now it would be different if he would just come out and say "folks, I've totally blown it a couple times myself badly wanting something to be true, I've learned from my mistakes, and this is why I so much emphasize the vital importance of due diligence in research these days". (And then of course never do it again!)

But he won't do that, which is why I will continue to point out this ongoing pattern of inconsistencies with reality.

Watch this short "documentary" on the Project Serpo astronaut exchange program, and tell me if it's any more credible than the story of which he excoriates Kerry for wanting to track down, that of Brooks Agnew being hell bent to mount that Arctic expedition to find the passageway to Inner Earth...

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    So back to alt community heroes. I just stumbled across another fun little diddly from one that we all know and love, who takes pride in being a leading standard bearer for putting out only meticulously researched information. See if you can guess who it is?

I remember very early on, in 2006, when she wanted us to interview Brooks Agnew, who was hell-bent (as it were) to mount an expedition to the Arctic to find the hole in the ocean (or the hole in something!) that led to the Inner (Hollow) Earth.

NO, I said. I argued VERY strongly that we needed to be a gold standard of quality, accuracy, and dependability — NOT interesting sensationalism — because that was so much needed in an increasingly confusing world. That was always my own guiding light (which I still attempt always to steer by), though back then we did fall short of that a few times.

Kerry may have long forgotten about that important conversation 12 years ago.
    http://projectavalon.net/forum4/show...t=#post1251868

Well, apparently this alt community hero's memory isn't so hot either, being that 2006 would have been right on the heels of him bailing on a contagious meme he had set loose, based on ZERO evidence.

This meme is still alive and well today. Now I'm not here to beat a dead horse, but this hero continues to thrust his proud chest out and preach about integrity and meticulous research, while conveniently either ignoring, or greatly minimizing, his own rich history to the contrary.

Serpo got busted as a fraud, pure sensationalism, from which he conveniently bailed straight into the saving arms of Kerry and Project Camelot. Same as he bailed when the "Charles" nonsense blew up in his face a few years later. Now it would be different if he would just come out and say "folks, I've totally blown it a couple times myself badly wanting something to be true, I've learned from my mistakes, and this is why I so much emphasize the vital importance of due diligence in research these days". (And then of course never do it again!)

But he won't do that, which is why I will continue to point out this ongoing pattern of inconsistencies with reality.

[...]
    At the risk of sounding as if I'm trying to protect Bill Ryan now — you all know I've had my own criticisms of him, and some of you have been chiding me quite harshly for being too vocal about said criticisms — I do believe that we should cut el Ingles en Ecuador a little bit of slack.

Everyone makes mistakes — some graver than others — and in my personal opinion, it isn't always required that one admits in public to each and every mistake one has ever made. One's open admission of a number of very bad mistakes could be acceptable as an apology — even for mistakes one hasn't literally admitted to in the same fashion. There's no need to be so harsh as to demand that the person who made the mistakes gets down on their knees and begs for forgiveness.

We all know how sensitive Bill is to how he is perceived by others. We all know he has his pride. But people generally do tend to reflect upon their mistakes as they grow older — at least, most people do. In his mind, Bill has probably already long come to regret his involvement with the whole Serpo thing. But that was many years ago, and Bill certainly knows that he has made even far more pervasive mistakes in the meantime, such as the endorsement of Stephen "Charles" Hodges, Simon Parkes, Corey Goode, and perhaps even a few others that I'm either not aware of, or whose names are eluding me right now.

I could be grossly wrong — I'm not exactly infallible either — but it is my honest impression from reading some of Bill Ryan's publicly visible posts over at Project Avalon in the past couple of months that el hombre con sombrero has been engaging in some serious introspection on account of all the woo-woo stories and heroes he has been endorsing over the years.

I believe I've said this before, but in one of my email exchanges with Bill, he literally expressed his embarrassment on account of the Simon Parkes affair, and he did so without that I myself had even mentioned Simon Parkes. In order to paste that snippet from our email exchange, I've converted the HTML to BBcode, but this here-below is a literal copy/paste of what Bill wrote to me, and all of his moderators were copied in on the exchange:

Quote Originally posted by Bill Ryan
    * An aside... though I may have mentioned this before. All those who were very critical of Simon Parkes, before any real evidence
    surfaced of any kind, were 100% right in their assertions. (Insert facepalm here. ) We later came to realize this fully, as I think you know. What that showed to me is that it's just so hard, sometimes, to come to the correct conclusions about the motivations and actions of an individual when it's all confused by sometimes 2 or 3 degrees of separation. What I do know is that a lot of people, despite different views, are really sincere. It's often the data, and the data analysis, that's the problem.

Perhaps Bill has even come to regret having gratuitously banned some people from his forum in the past — who knows? But either way, what's done is done. You cannot go back and change history. The best you can do is apologize and make amends (if possible), and then take that with you as the present moves into the future.

What I am therefore suggesting is that we extend Bill Ryan the benefit of the doubt and that we tacitly assume that he's probably regretting his involvement with the Serpo story — of which I personally believe that Bill either believed it himself at the time, or that he at the very least had an open mind about the possibility that it could have been true — as well as that he's obviously regretting having endorsed Hodges, Goode, Parkes, and whoever else.

To me, the fact that he's acknowledging his mistakes is progress. I do not require him to drop down on his knees and repent, whether it's about Serpo, Corey, Simon Sez™ or whatever. Let's leave the man in his dignity, is what I say.

Just my two Eurocents. Your mileage may vary. Colors and specifications subject to change. All trademarks property of their respective owners. Offer only valid while the item is in stock. Shipping costs may vary according to your country of residence.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Fred Steeves (3rd October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), lilac (13th October 2018), Shadowself (3rd October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    My word...Aragorn!

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Well, first off I've never insinuated the need to get down on his hands and knees, but maybe ease off on the holier than though high horse he continues to ride in a VERY public manner. Not just on his forum, but you know, as in interviews with the likes of Dolan and Dark Journalist?

Obviously as time goes by I'm more and more in the vast minority on the accountability angle of this particular alt hero, so if the surrounding crowd feels it's time to stop pointing out the naked emperor, I'll bow out and keep it to myself. Again, I have never seen a turning point with the man, it's more a reliance on the sands of time to blur the need of accountability. He knows full well this works.

I will however continue to smile and shake my head when Richard Dolan describes the types that shouldn't be given spotlights, when this particular hero was still promoting those same types as recently as 2015 when he was about to interview The Ruiner (until CW's first video ruined that), and yet another anonymous type who, yet again, with zero evidence was claiming he had been to Mars.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 3rd October 2018 at 15:17.

Socrates

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Shadowself (3rd October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    I will briefly add that I am getting a bit disappointed in Dolan, DJ, and even Farrell as to the directions they are going in this field they seem to focus on. It seems to use whatever method they can find to associate one with the other thing which often times to me makes no sense in the overall substance and subjects.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Fred Steeves (3rd October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Well, first off I've never insinuated the need to get down on his hands and knees, but maybe ease off on the holier than though high horse he continues to ride in a VERY public manner. Not just on his forum, but you know, as in interviews with the likes of Dolan and Dark Journalist?
    Well, perhaps I should clarify what I meant by "not asking him to get down on his knees." I was using that expression as a metaphor — perhaps a bit too expressly — for saying that I myself do not require that one should apologize for each and every single mistake individually. For myself, it suffices that the man acknowledges that he has made mistakes, both on account of his errors in judgment with regard to these "alt community" celebrities and their narratives, and on account of the way he runs his forum and bans people from it. (I was banned from there too, and by him personally, remember?)

So that's basically what I meant by that, and I wanted to make that clear.

Obviously as time goes by I'm more and more in the vast minority on the accountability angle of this particular alt hero, so if the surrounding crowd feels it's time to stop pointing out the naked emperor, I'll bow out and keep it to myself. Again, I have never seen a turning point with the man, it's more a reliance on the sands of time to blur the need of accountability. He knows full well this works.
    Well, see, this is the part that I think is debatable. You say that you're not seeing any admission of accountability from him, while I myself feel that I am seeing that.

Of course, the sands of time can always come in handy for covering up one's past mistakes, and particularly so if the mistakes were quite embarrassing. I acknowledge that, but in the same vein, I do not necessarily think that this would be malicious. Good people make embarrassing mistakes as well, and in that case, the sands of time may offer a graceful way of relegating those mistakes to a black hole. It all depends on whom we're talking of.

And in this case, we are talking of Bill Ryan, who has indeed been making some grave mistakes up until still fairly recently. But maybe — just maybe — he is genuinely trying to make amends for that now, in his own way? Like I said, people tend to reflect upon their past mistakes and learn from them. Some do that earlier in life than others. Some will never learn. But this is the area in which I myself am willing to extend Bill Ryan the benefit of the doubt.

I'm not saying you should, though. I am merely giving you my own opinion, along with what I believe to be a piece of advice of which I know that it works. Think of it this way... What would be most effective in stimulating Bill Ryan to become more skeptical about whatever narrative would be presenting itself to him for endorsement: forgiveness and a new chance to prove himself a good researcher and forum owner, or prosecution and condemnation over his past mistakes?

In the end, it's all about the future. What would benefit this community the most? That Bill Ryan is stimulated toward doing the right thing from here on, or that we keep on bickering over everything he's ever done wrong?

Again, Fred, I am not being judgmental toward you, nor am I telling you to back off or anything like that. Far from it. But here, once again, we have the thesis and the antithesis. And I'm more interested in the synthesis than in sticking with either of the two things that claim to lead to it but cannot do it without the other.

I will however continue to smile and shake my head when Richard Dolan describes the types that shouldn't be given spotlights, when this particular hero was still promoting those same types as recently as 2015 when he was about to interview The Ruiner (until CW's first video ruined that), and yet another anonymous type who, yet again, with zero evidence was claiming he had been to Mars.
    Yes, I left out the Ruiner from my previous post, although I had typed up a paragraph about him in my draft. And the guy who went to Mars, would that be Randy "Captain Kaye" Cramer, the alleged super soldier who claims that he got his head shot off on Mars a couple of times, by any chance? Or are we talking of Andrew Basiago and the alleged Project Pegasus that he was just as allegedly part of as a young boy?

I don't think Bill Ryan ever really endorsed either Cramer or Basiago. In fact, I seem to remember from back in my days at Project Avalon that he was quick to dismiss Randy Cramer as disinformation, and Andrew Basiago as someone whose mind had been tampered with. Now I don't know about Randy Cramer and his motives because I haven't been monitoring his narrative too closely, but Andrew Basiago is a clear-cut case of schizophrenia in my opinion.

As for Bill Ryan's interviews with Richard Dolan and the Dark Journalist, those are from 2017, so that's still fairly recent. But as you may remember, I was also still very critical of him back then, and I too have reconsidered my opinion of the man in the meantime.

Sure, there is still a lot both about him as a person and about how Project Avalon is being run that I do not and cannot agree with. Once again, I could be grossly wrong in my assessment, but it is my impression that Bill has recently come to a kind of epiphany regarding his own mistakes, and that he is now — very carefully and perhaps with trepidation — trying to set the record straight without damaging his reputation too much.

Like I said, he's got his pride, and he's very sensitive to what other people think of him. And over at Project Avalon, there are many people — I would daresay "most of the active members there" — who look unto Bill Ryan for guidance, which is something he is very much aware of. For better or for worse, that's the position he's in, and he knows that all too well. So it would make sense that he's going slow in coming clean about his past mistakes, and I think it would be best and most constructive to let him walk that for himself probably uncomfortable road of atonement at his own pace.

So anyway, that's what I've been trying to say, but like I said, your mileage may vary.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Fred Steeves (3rd October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    CW isn't any kind of whistleblower or SSP character, but perhaps he could qualify as a kind of hero only in that he calls out BS and is good at critical analysis. That's a skill which needs to spread.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (3rd October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018)

Thanks
    Let's see what happens Aragorn. To me, not taking responsibility for the trail of destruction trailing behind Bill is indicative of no great life changes for him. It needn't be a public going into the confession booth, but I think he would get a lot more respect than you think by swallowing that ego a bit, and doing some acknowledging.

How dare he pound that self righteous pulpit the way he does? With that giant dark shadow of his own very public and checkered past looming right behind him...

To be clear this is nothing personal, I got over being "Retired" from there a loooooooong time ago. This is simply the results of years of alt community research, and my conclusion so far is that his unacknowledged past actions are highly indicative of the cancer eating away at it's insides.

I'm always all in on forgiving and forgetting, but so far all I see him doing is behaving well for a couple of years. Would you trust a marriage counsellor with 5 divorces under their belt, just because the last one was shrouded by the mists of time from a couple of years ago?

Anyway, as I started out: Let's see what happens.

Socrates

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd October 2018), Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (4th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    Let's see what happens Aragorn. To me, not taking responsibility for the trail of destruction trailing behind Bill is indicative of no great life changes for him. It needn't be a public going into the confession booth, but I think he would get a lot more respect than you think by swallowing that ego a bit, and doing some acknowledging.

How dare he pound that self righteous pulpit the way he does? With that giant dark shadow of his own very public and checkered past looming right behind him...

To be clear this is nothing personal, I got over being "Retired" from there a loooooooong time ago. This is simply the results of years of alt community research, and my conclusion so far is that his unacknowledged past actions are highly indicative of the cancer eating away at it's insides.

I'm always all in on forgiving and forgetting, but so far all I see him doing is behaving well for a couple of years. Would you trust a marriage counsellor with 5 divorces under their belt, just because the last one was shrouded by the mists of time from a couple of years ago?

Anyway, as I started out: Let's see what happens.
    The adage that time will tell works for me, Bro.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (4th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Fred Steeves (3rd October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (3rd October 2018)

Thanks
    LOL, deal!

I'll take first watch.

Socrates

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2018), Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (4th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Forgiveness is a wonderful thing.

...but Darth Hatman’s actions still has the math pointing to him as working as a operative for the bad guys.

Until he comes clean on that, I’ll stick to my numbers.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2018), Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Elen (4th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (4th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Forgiveness is a wonderful thing.

...but Darth Hatman’s actions still has the math pointing to him as working as a operative for the bad guys.

Until he comes clean on that, I’ll stick to my numbers.
    Oh come on, man. Bill Ryan isn't working for the spooks — or at least, not knowingly, because there is always a chance that one of his insider contacts would be feeding him with disinformation without that Bill knows. "Dan Burisch" springs to mind.

Besides, I fail to see how numbers are going to either corroborate or refute your claim. For that matter, statistics are always used in the same way as a drunk uses a lamp post: for support, rather than for illumination.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (5th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (4th October 2018)

Thanks
    Oh come on, man. Bill Ryan isn't working for the spooks — or at least, not knowingly, because there is always a chance that one of his insider contacts would be feeding him with disinformation without that Bill knows.
    Just for the record, many of those insider contacts are spooks, or former spooks.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 4th October 2018 at 12:16.

Socrates

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th October 2018), Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (5th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (4th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Oh come on, man. Bill Ryan isn't working for the spooks — or at least, not knowingly, because there is always a chance that one of his insider contacts would be feeding him with disinformation without that Bill knows. "Dan Burisch" springs to mind.
    Just for the record, many of his insider contacts are spooks, or former spooks.
    True, and that makes it all the more dangerous for him to trust these people. But even then it's still a far cry from the statement that Bill Ryan would be on the spooks' payroll. I have never believed that, and to me, this is just another example of the knee-jerkiness within this so-called alternative community — not dissimilar to the black & white holy war scenario you spoke of earlier with regard to US politics.

For that matter, I don't even believe that Kerry Cassidy would be on the spooks' payroll either, although I imagine that the spooks must be very pleased with how easy it is to have her running around like a headless chicken — and all of her followers with her.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (4th October 2018), Dumpster Diver (5th October 2018), Elen (5th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), Wind (4th October 2018)