Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: "Alt Community" Heroes

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Somewhere along the line some folks figured out they became famous and got attention (sometimes much needed for that person) when stories such as these so called "heros" professed. The audience that gives them the most attention literally genuflect and praise as brave and selfless! What a joke. They are all out to sell something these days. Mostly tickets to their shows....others now are selling vitamins! That would be this Emery Smith dude. He is the worst of all. His past behavior is that of a criminal! Yet some of the mindless out there are showering him with praise!

Go figure!

As for the reality of the paranormal and alien factor...it's real...but I'd be careful to say you could find it anymore within the so called "alternative media" which has turned into a virtual circus of clowns! Some of those clowns seriously belong in jail and in the case of Kerry's new blowhard....already are!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2018), Chris (24th September 2018), Dreamtimer (24th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (24th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (24th September 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I watched John Oliver's profile of Alex Jones. And what stood out to me was that a full quarter of his time on air is spent marketing his products.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2018), Chris (24th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (24th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (24th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 2,602 Posts
    I keep thinking about that art "coincidence", and am now beginning to wonder if works of art may be a form of currency in certain circles.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th September 2018), Dreamtimer (25th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (24th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (24th September 2018)

Thanks
    Collectors get obsessed with things. Makes sense, Fred.

There’s a lot of fake art out there. It’s a boost to status to have something rare and desirable.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (25th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (25th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (26th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (25th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

There’s a lot of fake art out there. It’s a boost to status to have something rare and desirable.
    And artworks don't lose their value the way currencies, shares or bonds do.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (25th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (25th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (26th September 2018), Fred Steeves (26th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (25th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

Except a fake seems to to have been the case here, thus the California court ruling.

Anyway, getting more back to Aragorn's original post, why IS there so much fuckery going on in this relatively very small community? Why ARE the spooky types not only so interested in it, but also permeate it through people in positions of influence.

Now I'm not about to be so foolish as to go running around seeing an agent behind every tree, but I think a lot of this shite, is facilitated in much the same manner as mainstream media/propaganda. Think "Project Mockingbird".

The CIA uses mainstream media as a social control mechanism, and I'll bet you a dollar the same is true of alternative media, not the details, but the overall memes and narratives. IMO, anyone in forum world for instance who is looking at the vast array of claims and information constantly swirling around us, without also having one eye on this very distinct possibility, is a victim of mind control no less so than one who depends on the t.v. talking heads for information about the world around them.

Socrates

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2018), Dreamtimer (26th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (26th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Revolutions would start in the alternative community. It has divorced itself from the mainstream. If the CIA is screwing with this community it has a reason. One would be it can't be reached via the mainstream. Two would be my opening point. They need to keep their finger on the pulse of the community which births new waves.

Breitbart was alternative and it made it all the way to the White House. Intelligence certainly wants to be inside those workings, I would think.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (26th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (26th September 2018), Elen (26th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I suspect what they meant was that people that fit your demographic often die...defeated the odds you did...my stepmother did the same...and my ex to a lesser degree...brain aneurysm...

My stepmother died last year at the age of 94...beyotchin' at my dad to the very end.

What else that is interesting when I first saw him in videos, I thought I knew him. I had gone to school with a couple of brothers named Greer that looked very much like him...so I couldn't decide for a good while until I heard more of his biography....

Not to mention the Steve Greer I knew was more like 5'5" in high school, not 6'5" ...
    Believe it or not, according to the records my folks kept, I grew 11” in one year after I had my tonsils out. I was 13 at the time. So, IMO, it “could” be the same guy.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Chris (26th September 2018), Dreamtimer (26th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    Except a fake seems to to have been the case here, thus the California court ruling.

Anyway, getting more back to Aragorn's original post, why IS there so much fuckery going on in this relatively very small community? Why ARE the spooky types not only so interested in it, but also permeate it through people in positions of influence.

Now I'm not about to be so foolish as to go running around seeing an agent behind every tree, but I think a lot of this shite, is facilitated in much the same manner as mainstream media/propaganda. Think "Project Mockingbird".

The CIA uses mainstream media as a social control mechanism, and I'll bet you a dollar the same is true of alternative media, not the details, but the overall memes and narratives. IMO, anyone in forum world for instance who is looking at the vast array of claims and information constantly swirling around us, without also having one eye on this very distinct possibility, is a victim of mind control no less so than one who depends on the t.v. talking heads for information about the world around them.
    If you think in terms of a military operation, you want to poke out the eyes of things/people who can “see you” or negate/eliminate folks with knowledge about you. In this case, folks who are in the “alternate world” are your biggest threat. The steaming masses are not a threat, they are just getting along trying to manage their difficult lives. YOU are because of what you know, and that could change a lot of other folks given the right circumstances.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Chris (26th September 2018), Dreamtimer (26th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    If you think in terms of a military operation, you want to poke out the eyes of things/people who can “see you” or negate/eliminate folks with knowledge about you. In this case, folks who are in the “alternate world” are your biggest threat. The steaming masses are not a threat, they are just getting along trying to manage their difficult lives. YOU are because of what you know, and that could change a lot of other folks given the right circumstances.
    That is an excellent point. The biggest advantage they have is that at least at the very top, they actually know what's going on. We, as in people who are interested in alternative information, will sometimes hit upon the truth, even if by accident and that is seen as a threat. Ignorance of the masses is the greatest weapon the hidden controllers have and anyone who threatens that ignorance will be targeted. On the other hand, those spreading disinformation are valuable assets, even if they're just useful idiots.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (26th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (26th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    Believe it or not, according to the records my folks kept, I grew 11” in one year after I had my tonsils out. I was 13 at the time. So, IMO, it “could” be the same guy.
    I have to admit, I never really thought about that...too much...

I did see one former schoolmate on TV...

He was like an animal biologist or some such thing... He was studying animal mutilation... Wilbur Harkins was his name...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 27th September 2018 at 00:48.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018)

Thanks
    The alternative media IS a place where a revolution would start, but I'm not so sure revolution is even possible any more, much beyond the individual anyway.

This medium has become so fractured and derailed from any true meaning. It's very difficult to see all the different tribes banding together for any useful purpose, and even if it were somehow managed, the infiltration of provocateur types flooding in would decapitate any said movement in short order, leaving just a bunch of pissed off people squawking and pissing into the wind.

Socrates

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Chris (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (27th September 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I don't think there is an alternative media any more. What would that be exactly? Breitbart? Infowars? Those are essentially tools for government propaganda these days. It's pretty much been reduced to a handful of people talking amongst each other on various forums. There is some critical analysis of information on such venues, but they don't reach that many people.

The traditional media has actually been making a bit of a comeback after they realised the old ways won't work any more, though it's mostly online newspapers. In the UK I have been quite impressed lately with The Independent, which used to be a pretty biased newspaper (now it's online only), but they have really done some excellent and truly independent reporting on many issues, but most notably on the Brexit debacle and the situation in the Middle East. They still employ one of the last remaining true journalists in the world, Robert Fisk, so that helps.

In Hungary, we have the biggest online news portal, Index.hu which has again impressed me lately with their independent and unbiased journalism. They have been taken over by a government-linked businessman, so let's see whether that lasts.

I always liked Hong-Kong based Asia Times, which is again online only, but otherwise the best Independent source for the region.

That's really it from my perspective. I used to follow dozens of different News sources, but over the years they have all lost my trust, due to blatant bias or just terrible reporting with no journalistic standards. An opinion is not a fact, which most people working in the media these days completely fail to recognise.

What I generally have to do with my news these days is to do a google news search for a contentious topic or issue and examine it from many different sides to get an at least partially objective picture. The terrible reporting on Brexit or the Political Situation in Hungary or Russia is a sight to behold and it is often very hard to get to the facts.

I am quite sensitive to poor journalistic standards, due to my years of living in Asia. Singapore in particular is treated with kid gloves by all foreign media outlets, because the underhanded tactics of the government there (they will sue any newspaper that is even remotely critical of Singapore). China has learnt a lot from their approach and it is now exceedingly rare to find honest Journalism and reporting about this region. Singapore is merely authoritarian and to some extent tyrannical, but China is on a whole another level of Evil, not seen since Hitler and Stalin (or Mao of course), with millions being "disappeared" and a vast network of concentration camps where dissenters are sent, yet there's hardly a peep from either the mainstream or alternative media in the West.

If anyone can point me to a reliable alternative News Media source that is actually reliable and doesn't just throw unchecked and unverified opinions out there, masquerading as fact, I'll be happy to check them out, but I'm not aware of a single one right now.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (27th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,927 Times in 20,238 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I don't think there is an alternative media any more. What would that be exactly? Breitbart? Infowars? Those are essentially tools for government propaganda these days.
    And both have always been right-wing/conservative and US-centric. Not exactly what the world needs.

Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    If anyone can point me to a reliable alternative News Media source that is actually reliable and doesn't just throw unchecked and unverified opinions out there, masquerading as fact, I'll be happy to check them out, but I'm not aware of a single one right now.
    Well, Abby Martin and her Empire Files are pretty decent when it comes to journalism, albeit that Abby herself is quite progressive/left-leaning, which does somewhat affect the choice of topics she'll address. But she won't lie and she won't publish anything that she hasn't verified herself.

She's got integrity, and she's got the cojones to go where almost no other journalist will go. Most of the US corporate-political machine and its shills hate her. She's almost gotten herself killed like that a few times. Journalists like that are hard to find anymore these days.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Dumpster Diver (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (27th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    The alternative media IS a place where a revolution would start, but I'm not so sure revolution is even possible any more, much beyond the individual anyway.

This medium has become so fractured and derailed from any true meaning. It's very difficult to see all the different tribes banding together for any useful purpose, and even if it were somehow managed, the infiltration of provocateur types flooding in would decapitate any said movement in short order, leaving just a bunch of pissed off people squawking and pissing into the wind.
    This is kinda my point. The “alt world guys” were targeted and are now largely negated. When you look back even 10 years ago, the main alt-world personalities mostly got along. Now the infighting is massive. I don’t think that happened by chance.
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 27th September 2018 at 13:13.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (27th September 2018), Chris (27th September 2018), Dreamtimer (27th September 2018), Elen (28th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th October 2018), Kathy (28th September 2018), Wind (27th September 2018)