Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23

Thread: Reimagining of "Schrödinger’s cat" breaks quantum mechanics — and stumps physicists

  1. #16
    Senior Member Hungary
    Join Date
    10th July 2018
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    1,986
    Thanked 4,040 Times in 812 Posts
    I call them, mini-wormholes for a reason, they're not the astronomical wormholes (which are theoretical anyway) of classical physics and cosmology. They probably operate on the quantum level and are similar to the phenomenon of Quantum Entanglement. We don't know what causes this, but two particles that are entangled (linked to each other in some mysterious and invisible way), will communicate with each other even when they are separated from each other through vast distances in spacetime. I theorise that they are linked by some sort of quantum wormhole, a very tiny one that is effectively a string of sorts, which lies outside ordinary spacetime and is not subject to the normal limitations of our reality, such as causality, linear time or the speed of light. It can instantly cross these barriers.

    I don't want to get too esoteric here, but I think this mysterious force, which seems to link things over vast distances and enables instant communication across spacetime is what we normally call love. Love is what links everything together and keeps the whole universe coherent and harmonious. It isn't just an emotion, but an actual force of nature.

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Aragorn (24th September 2018), Dreamtimer (24th September 2018), NotAPretender (23rd September 2018)

  3. #17
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    4,064
    Thanks
    15,644
    Thanked 17,769 Times in 4,044 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Plants photosynthesize, bumble bees fly, and we somehow manage to absorb B vitamins when we digest meat even though our bodies are too hot.

    Perhaps there's something unexplainable about us that we can have chakra wormholes.
    well, let's try this one:

    'Virtual' tachyonic events happen constantly. They are considered virtual because they don't exist in our spacetime reality but they do 'affect' our reality. There is a boundary between our causal spacetime and the noncausal 'elsewhere'. Slower than light particles can cross the boundary into the virtual world where they are immediately annihilated by contact with faster than light particles. The same is true of the faster than light tachyons. What happens is a little different in that the tachyon is annihilated and disappears into the nothingness from which it came. But the interaction with a slower than light particle destroys the original slow particle and creates another slow particle. It's a balance, it would seem...nothingness on one side which is what it is because of its virtual nature (i.e. nothing). Our world is changed but the overall balance of energies and charge are retained. No harm, no foul. So there are exchanges and they have effects.

    It really gets interesting when the 'elsewhere' event is described in fuller detail. One of the inviolable laws of relativity is that with increased momentum there is an increase in energy and mass but in the 'elesewhere' an observer can see two events simultaneously that we see in regular world as two separate events. To do that, the tachyon must traverse the space between the events in 0 time but because of Einstein the only way this can happen is the tachyonic particle must have 0 energy, 0 momentum, and 0 mass. (Tachyons can do anything they want except play with slower than lightspeed particles.

    Theoretical physicists do not consider the tachyonic event as causal (we're back in the elsewhere), no communication is possible between a point 0 to point 1 event (remember...no energy to communicate with). No, these events are not considered causal, also known as Quantum Entanglement, they are considered, 'synchronous or coincidental'.

    Really? Quantum Entanglement = Synchronicity. Is this a real world effect? A lot is unexplained and that is for sure.

    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I call them, mini-wormholes for a reason, they're not the astronomical wormholes (which are theoretical anyway) of classical physics and cosmology. They probably operate on the quantum level and are similar to the phenomenon of Quantum Entanglement. We don't know what causes this, but two particles that are entangled (linked to each other in some mysterious and invisible way), will communicate with each other even when they are separated from each other through vast distances in spacetime. I theorise that they are linked by some sort of quantum wormhole, a very tiny one that is effectively a string of sorts, which lies outside ordinary spacetime and is not subject to the normal limitations of our reality, such as causality, linear time or the speed of light. It can instantly cross these barriers.

    I don't want to get too esoteric here, but I think this mysterious force, which seems to link things over vast distances and enables instant communication across spacetime is what we normally call love. Love is what links everything together and keeps the whole universe coherent and harmonious. It isn't just an emotion, but an actual force of nature.
    In truth, that may be an alternative explanation...
    Last edited by NotAPretender, 23rd September 2018 at 23:27.
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Aragorn (24th September 2018), Chris (26th September 2018), Dreamtimer (24th September 2018), Elen (24th September 2018), palooka's revenge (24th September 2018)

  5. #18
    Senior Member Hungary
    Join Date
    10th July 2018
    Posts
    817
    Thanks
    1,986
    Thanked 4,040 Times in 812 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Theoretical physicists do not consider the tachyonic event as causal (we're back in the elsewhere), no communication is possible between a point 0 to point 1 event (remember...no energy to communicate with). No, these events are not considered causal, also known as Quantum Entanglement, they are considered, 'synchronous or coincidental'.

    Really? Quantum Entanglement = Synchronicity. Is this a real world effect? A lot is unexplained and that is for sure.

    The phenomenon of synchronicity is rather interesting. I have also wondered in the past, if it has anything to do with Quantum Entanglement. I think there is something more going on here.


    The way I see it, some things are only possible at certain times. This was well known to priests and shamans of the past and they always timed various magic workings according to various complex factors, mostly astrological and numerological in nature. I don't know much about Astrology, but I have certainly noticed the importance of numerology in my life and the increasing amount of numerological synchronicities that happen.


    I think it has to do with energetic coherence. Unlike Quantum entanglement, this appears to be a macro phenomenon that is governed by vibrational sympathy. Certain vibrational resonance states, that can even be cosmic or at least solar / planetary in nature can affect people who resonate in sympathy to these. That is probably how astrology works. The dominant cosmic / planetary vibration at the time of birth will have a profound effect on the life path of every person. When those same conditions return, certain effects can be observed in the affected persons' lives.


    Synchronicity seems to be a natural phenomenon, when certain cosmic conditions have a profound effect on those that are sensitive to a particular energy signature.


    This is why the 2012 phenomenon was so crucial in moving people to a higher state of awareness and those that were attuned to it, noticed increased synchronicities in their lives ever since. Since this cosmic changed has only barely begun, it has no effect on most people yet, but that will change as the decades pass and crucially, new generations are born with this new energetic signature stamped onto them.


    The theory is that in 2012 the solar system moved into a new, more energetic part of the Galaxy and this is causing profound energetic and spiritual shifts in those people that are sensitive enough to receive and utilise this more energised and higher vibrational base frequency. I have personally had my Kundalini awakening in December 2012 and the synchronicities in my life since that time have been pretty amazing. I know a number of other people who also experienced awakenings at around that time, so I'd say there's definitely something to this theory.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Aragorn (26th September 2018), Dreamtimer (26th September 2018), Elen (26th September 2018), NotAPretender (27th September 2018)

  7. #19
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    4,064
    Thanks
    15,644
    Thanked 17,769 Times in 4,044 Posts
    Ok, for today's lesson we are going to...just kidding.

    The truth is, I'm on a secret mission...ok, not really, but since I spent the night at a holiday inn express I'm going to explain the nature of the Universe:
    There are 16 fundamental particles that comprise our reality, 4 are termed Bosons and 12 are termed Fermions...the numerologists can have a go at that.

    These two types of particles have very different natures, the Bosons all want to be just alike, same energy levels which means same frequencies, same momentum, etc. The Fermions on the other hand all want to be different, if they come in contact with each they don't group together like the Bosons, they literally spin off their own styles (they are called 1/2 spin particles).

    We can defer to an analogue, Schroedinger's Box. We have a box which may or may not have a cat in it but that is totally irrelevant anyway.

    We have a box that measures 6ft x 6ft x 6ft. The top half is painted yellow and the bottom half is painted blue. This is a very big fundamental particle under the watchful eye of a security guard sitting patiently in his rocking chair hopefully with his eyes open and DD, who is flitting around the Universe in his customized Millennial Falcon.

    The box bored with the whole thing decides to do a 360 degree spin.

    Everything should be the same as before, correct? The box did a complete spin back to its original resting place, correct. One would expect that, but that is not how our Universe works. With a complete turn the box now has a blue top half and a yellow bottom half. One might properly ask, 'What tha' f*ck!' But that's just the way it is...fermions want to be different and they will go to extreme lengths to be so up to and including requiring the Universe to take the box for another 360 spin to return it to its original state. And that requirement exists because when all is said and done, the Watchman and DD 'should' see the same thing before as after and the Universe needs this to differentiate one 'thing' from another 'thing'. Without that 'magical' peculiarity, none of us would exist.

    Now you know 'the rest of the story' ...
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Aragorn (29th September 2018), Chris (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018)

  9. #20
    Administrator Aragorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    17th March 2015
    Location
    Middle-Earth
    Posts
    14,004
    Thanks
    61,931
    Thanked 58,170 Times in 13,993 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Ok, for today's lesson we are going to...just kidding.

    The truth is, I'm on a secret mission...ok, not really, but since I spent the night at a holiday inn express I'm going to explain the nature of the Universe:
    There are 16 fundamental particles that comprise our reality, 4 are termed Bosons and 12 are termed Fermions...the numerologists can have a go at that.

    These two types of particles have very different natures, the Bosons all want to be just alike, same energy levels which means same frequencies, same momentum, etc. The Fermions on the other hand all want to be different, if they come in contact with each they don't group together like the Bosons, they literally spin off their own styles (they are called 1/2 spin particles).

    We can defer to an analogue, Schroedinger's Box. We have a box which may or may not have a cat in it but that is totally irrelevant anyway.

    We have a box that measures 6ft x 6ft x 6ft. The top half is painted yellow and the bottom half is painted blue. This is a very big fundamental particle under the watchful eye of a security guard sitting patiently in his rocking chair hopefully with his eyes open and DD, who is flitting around the Universe in his customized Millennial Falcon.

    The box bored with the whole thing decides to do a 360 degree spin.

    Everything should be the same as before, correct? The box did a complete spin back to its original resting place, correct. One would expect that, but that is not how our Universe works. With a complete turn the box now has a blue top half and a yellow bottom half. One might properly ask, 'What tha' f*ck!' But that's just the way it is...fermions want to be different and they will go to extreme lengths to be so up to and including requiring the Universe to take the box for another 360 spin to return it to its original state. And that requirement exists because when all is said and done, the Watchman and DD 'should' see the same thing before as after and the Universe needs this to differentiate one 'thing' from another 'thing'. Without that 'magical' peculiarity, none of us would exist.

    Now you know 'the rest of the story' ...
    The reason why fermions behave that way is that, contrary to human imagination, they are not spherical. They are only presented that way in illustrations. In reality, they are toroid in shape — string theory, remember? — and so their outward appearance does not correspond to their actual spin, given that the string/torus also turns inside out all the time.

    Other than that, nice writeup, though. I particularly like that image of Lego Batman in his customized Millennium Falcon.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

  10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Chris (29th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018), NotAPretender (29th September 2018)

  11. #21
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    4,064
    Thanks
    15,644
    Thanked 17,769 Times in 4,044 Posts
    There are two kinds of energy in the Cosmos...most people call them dark and light, positive and negative, good and evil. Scientists call them Bosonic and Fermionic. The Higgs Boson is the grandaddy particle dictating to the entire universe what it should or should not do and most particles conform in one fashion or another else there would be no else. Fermions are resistant though, they give Higgs major headaches because they wont act in lockstep like the other good Bosons do.

    Shazbott! Higgs sounds suspiciously like an authoritarian to me...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha !!!!!!!!!!!!! I knew it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aianawa (29th September 2018), Aragorn (30th September 2018), Chris (30th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018)

  13. #22
    Senior Member Aianawa's Avatar
    Join Date
    18th March 2015
    Posts
    6,486
    Thanks
    30,091
    Thanked 26,377 Times in 6,114 Posts
    Been delving into synchronicity (syn) from two angles of late, ones syn and others syn, combined. Perfection n harmony with fluent action/s comes through being in syn, combined with other/s ?.

    This kitty cat is alive n outa the box or was 2012ish imo.


    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    The phenomenon of synchronicity is rather interesting. I have also wondered in the past, if it has anything to do with Quantum Entanglement. I think there is something more going on here.


    The way I see it, some things are only possible at certain times. This was well known to priests and shamans of the past and they always timed various magic workings according to various complex factors, mostly astrological and numerological in nature. I don't know much about Astrology, but I have certainly noticed the importance of numerology in my life and the increasing amount of numerological synchronicities that happen.


    I think it has to do with energetic coherence. Unlike Quantum entanglement, this appears to be a macro phenomenon that is governed by vibrational sympathy. Certain vibrational resonance states, that can even be cosmic or at least solar / planetary in nature can affect people who resonate in sympathy to these. That is probably how astrology works. The dominant cosmic / planetary vibration at the time of birth will have a profound effect on the life path of every person. When those same conditions return, certain effects can be observed in the affected persons' lives.


    Synchronicity seems to be a natural phenomenon, when certain cosmic conditions have a profound effect on those that are sensitive to a particular energy signature.


    This is why the 2012 phenomenon was so crucial in moving people to a higher state of awareness and those that were attuned to it, noticed increased synchronicities in their lives ever since. Since this cosmic changed has only barely begun, it has no effect on most people yet, but that will change as the decades pass and crucially, new generations are born with this new energetic signature stamped onto them.


    The theory is that in 2012 the solar system moved into a new, more energetic part of the Galaxy and this is causing profound energetic and spiritual shifts in those people that are sensitive enough to receive and utilise this more energised and higher vibrational base frequency. I have personally had my Kundalini awakening in December 2012 and the synchronicities in my life since that time have been pretty amazing. I know a number of other people who also experienced awakenings at around that time, so I'd say there's definitely something to this theory.

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (30th September 2018), Chris (30th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018), NotAPretender (30th September 2018)

  15. #23
    Senior Member NotAPretender's Avatar
    Join Date
    3rd April 2017
    Posts
    4,064
    Thanks
    15,644
    Thanked 17,769 Times in 4,044 Posts
    yeah, I agree that is what it is all about...
    "We are one thought away from changing the world!"

  16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NotAPretender For This Useful Post:

    Aragorn (30th September 2018), Chris (30th September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st October 2018), Elen (1st October 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •