Thread: Skinwalkers and Black Sorcerers

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

Skinwalkers and Black Sorcerers

For some reason I am really interested today in the story of Skinwalker Ranch and the shapeshifting being named the Skinwalker in North American Indigenous beliefs. First I was watching a presentation that talked about the SkinWalkers at 1:31:01.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEA1G8efmuc

These professional police officers are credible witnesses. They are asked to investigate "paranormal" incidents that are reported.

I think that this story is chilling and indicative of the terror these entities evoke.

“This happened to me when I had just turned 18 years old, just before I was to head off to college, and I had decided to take a road trip from my home town in California to Denver, Colorado to visit a friend of mine there. I did not have much money, and my parents thought it was a bit of a whimsical idea, but they let me go through with it anyway. I thought at the time that I could handle myself, and at 6’3″ and pretty muscular I suppose I have a somewhat intimidating enough presence, even then, that I foolishly thought I would not run into too many problems along the way, that no one would mess with me. Anyway, it was just to be a drive out there, after which I would stay two days and then come back. Simple. There was no real reason to think it was a particularly bad idea at the time.

Along the way, somewhere in the wilds of Nevada, it became obvious that the drive was to be a lot longer than I had expected, I had left my home too late, and I was getting tired and sleepy. If you have ever taken this drive then you might know that there are vast swaths where there is not a soul in sight for miles around. It might as well be the surface of the moon. There was really not much to see along this route, it was dark and empty, and with the endless, monotonous road ahead and the hypnotizing lane lines flickering by I caught myself nodding off at the wheel on several occasions. I did not really have the money for a hotel to stay at, I barely had enough money for food and gas, and so I decided to pull over at a highway rest area off the highway and take a nap in my car. I only planned to sleep for a couple of hours and then head off along that dark, desolate highway once more. The area was actually rather remote, with nothing around, and at the time there were no other vehicles there at that rest stop, giving it all a rather bleak and imposing atmosphere that made me wonder if it was a good idea to be there or not, but I ended up parking, putting my chair back, and falling asleep even as I turned over the idea of just continuing on my way in my head.

I awoke to a tapping on my car window. I jumped awake, and it was light enough that I at first thought it was early morning. I was somewhat startled to see a young man standing there peering in at me. He was a skinny young man who looked to be perhaps in his early twenties or late teens, not much older than myself at the time, and he was dressed normally, certainly not a vagrant or appearing particularly threatening in any noticeable way, although I immediately wondered why he was out there in the middle of nowhere and what he wanted. He then simply and calmly said “Open the door.” At this I immediately had a distinct sense of palpable menace, some undefinable feeling of threat, and was glad that I had locked the doors of my vehicle. I simply said no. He demanded again, “Open the door,” this time in almost a growl, and I soon noticed that there were two others with him lurking in the background, and that there was also a pick-up truck nearby, which I assumed to be theirs. Upon this truck was mounted a spotlight that was turned on and pointed at the ground, which was why the whole area seemed to be surprisingly illuminated. In actuality it was still the middle of the night.

This is where things get bizarre indeed. Thinking that it was just some kids screwing around, I took out a knife I had brought with me and just held it there where he could see it, which I guess was pretty stupid in retrospect, but remember I was just a dumb teenager and I thought this would maybe scare them away. It in fact had quite the opposite effect. The young man became absolutely infuriated, and let out what I can only describe as an animalistic howl or wail, quite chillingly inhuman in its intensity, as he violently shoved my car to send the vehicle quaking, and I actually felt it lift from the ground a bit. It was breathtakingly horrifying, totally out of nowhere, and was a jarring, frightening display of strength I never would have expected from a person, let alone someone with such a slim frame. It is hard to describe just the amount of alarm I felt at that moment. continued here https://mysteriousuniverse.org/2017/...f-skinwalkers/
    The most known story that many here know about it concerns "Skin Walker Ranch".

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSF2dtt59A

The author of "Hunt For the Skinwalker" is George Knapp

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-zj-YYaFkk

There is a series of manifestations which terrify a family who own a ranch in a valley known historically to be a taboo place for the Utes. It is a story that is touching on so many possible topics like "Interdimensional beings, who, what,when,where,how and why?"

Very distracting thread I hope?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), Shadowself (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    It is stated in Navaho lore that skinwalkers have the capacity to travel great distances instantaneously.

"I am Navajo, I have seen a skinwalker one time. They still exsist and they are all over the Navajo Reservation. The history of skinwalker is not all bad. it was once used to travel long distance. During the Navajo Long Walk, there were skinwalker that traveled from the Natives that escaped and stayed on the Reservation to the Native that were on the long walk. There travel both ways would take a day. They would take food and send new of what was going on. Sometime they would help the native escape. There is also a story where a group of natives out ran a calvery with horses on foot. Now days skinwalkers are witches but they have rules, they can not kill but can lead you to harm yourself." (comment from this page https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQSF2dtt59A)

There are some possible underlying commonalities in paranormal manifestations.... some instigated by humans expressing "capacities" and using a kind of technology that if used negatively (in a way that hurst others) is considered "sorcery"? This interview presents a perspective on skinwalkers by an Indigenous Elder Chief Dan

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWOQuf02J3w

Though the skinwalkers phenomenon seems to be contained to the Navajo, Hopi, and Ute tribes, stories of these creatures radiate out from the geographical area these people call home and many other tribes in Arizona do seem to have a version of this creature as well. Although details vary from tribe to tribe. This being said, Skinwalker phenomenon is most prevalent in the Navajo culture and are known in their native tongue as Yee Naaldooshi.

This reminds me of the stories about Tibetan trance runners. Also, i cannot help but think about the suspected historic link between Tibet and The Hopi and the common cultures of the Southwest. Could the Bonpo culture that predates the Tibetan culture carry over to the North Americas?

Here is a book about the Magical techniques of Tibet including trance running

http://promienie.net/images/dharma/b...s-of-tibet.pdf

But what if, by intense mental and physical training, people are able to adjust their comfort level and abilities dramatically upwards? What if they can actually transcend what’s considered “normal” human endurance?

Apparently, there are some who have done so. We read with fascination this article from Bhutan’s national newspaper, describing what it called Lung Gompa (wind runners) or Kang jor pas (fast walkers). Westerners who have looked into it call them the less-romantic “trance runners,” and the last school teaching it is in Tibet. According to the article, there are at most three monks left in Bhutan who can attain these feats.

Heinrich Harrer, author of Seven Years in Tibet, visited one such school, according to the paper:

Harrer describes the school as an exclusive one, restricted only to a few chosen students, who are trained in complete isolation. They did numerous exercises, “built up their leg muscles by running on a pile of grain, while strict teachers provide the mental training”.

It was the tradition of the monastery to choose the ablest of them all to represent the school. This monk had to prove to be mentally very strong, and physically able to run long distances.

Unlike the Japanese Sen-nichi-kaihou, the Tibetan monks had to run for relatively short distances. Harrer mentions how the monk had to run for ‘hundred or more kilometres to Lhasa without food, drink or rest’.

Apparently the true masters must prove their status by running as much as 8,400 kilometers in 100 days! We’ll spare you reaching for the calculator: that would be about 52 miles per day for 100 days.

The story explains the theory thusly:

Esoteric Buddhism radically reinterprets the journey of the spiritual enlightenment. It assumes that everybody is capable of embarking on this great journey, but our weak psychological and unclear sensory foundations delay or prevent us from experiencing this bliss.
    https://embarkexplorationco.com/tibe...les-with-ease/.
    Here is more about trance running or "lung-gom"

Thus lung-gom could be aptly rendered with 'concentration on the dynamic vital principle'. It reveals the dynamic nature of our physical organism and of all material states of aggregation, not in the sense of a self-sufficient dynamism, but as something that depends on the co-operation and interaction of various forces and ultimately on the fundamental (and universal) faculties of consciousness. Thus, a direct influence is possible upon the bodily functions and their respective organs, so that a psychophysical co-operation is established: a parallelism of thought and movement, and a rhythm that gathers all available forces into its service.

If one has reached the point where the transformation of one force or state of materialisation into another one is possible one may produce various effects of an apparently miraculous nature, as, for instance, the transformation of psychic energy into bodily movement (a miracle that we perform on a smaller scale every moment, without being conscious of it), or the transformation of matter into an active state of energy, resulting at the same time in a reduction of weight or the apparent elimination or reduction of the power of gravitation.

In the original system of Buddhist meditation the attainment of magic power is a mere by-product and is looked upon rather as a danger than as a stimulus on the higher path, which aims at liberation and abhors the exhibition of occult forces. The peculiar conditions of Tibet, however, have sometimes made it necessary to make use of these powers to a certain degree, especially when nature placed unsurmountable obstacles in the way of the adept or his desire to be of service to his fellow-beings. Thus tum-mo may at the same time serve as a protection against the excessive cold during the hard Tibetan winters, to which Yogis are exposed in their caves and hermitages high up in the bare mountains, where fuel is almost unobtainable. However, it should be noted that this is far from being the purpose of tum-mo, which is purely spiritual, namely the attainment of inner unification or integration, which brings about the state of enlightenment and the wholeness of being.

In a similar way lung-gom-pa is only one of the many ways of liberation, though it may under certain circumstances help an individual to move speedily over vast distances, which, in a country where communications are beset with many difficulties, assumes a particular importance. It may happen that people take to this training, spurred by the ambition to obtain spectacular magic powers. But the sacrifice that is demanded of them is so great that anyone who is able to go through the full training must be a man of extraordinary character and spiritual qualities. And such a man, the more seriously he pursues his exercises, will soon lose all his initial pride and ambition, because his whole training is based on the giving up and not on the strengthening of his ego, in which pride and ambition have their origin.

This has been illustrated by many of the popular stories of the famous eighty-four medieval Siddhas (literally: 'Accomplished Ones'), many of whom set out with the idea to acquire supernatural powers for their own benefit, and who in the process of it, or by the time they had realised them, had lost interest in such mundane aims, because they had overcome that very sense of ego which was the source of their desires.

Here only one example, the story of Siddha Kadgapā: There was once a robber, who met a yogi and asked him how he could become invincible. The yogi answered: 'There is a stūpa in such and such a place. Go there and circumambulate the sanctuary with the image of Avalokiteśvara for three weeks, reciting the mantra and performing the Sādhanā, which I will give you, If you do this with full devotion and unfailing concentration, without diverting your mind, then at the end of the third week a deadly black snake will emerge from the stūpa. You must immediately seize the snake behind the head, and if you have faithfully carried out your Sādhanā, the snake will not harm you, and you will obtain the power of invincibility.

The robber thanked the yogi and did as be was told. He devoted himself heart and soul to the indicated exercise, and when the fearful snake finally emerged from the hollow niche of the stūpa he seized it behind the head, and lo! he held in his hand the invincible Sword of Wisdom. He had no more use for miraculous powers and became a saint. Since then he has been known as Siddha Kadgapā, 'the Saint with the Sword'.
    Back to the skinwalker phenomenon. What is it?

Skinwalkers and the Witchery Way
    Posted on January 2, 2017
    By Christopher O’Brien

In August 2008, WEX head explorer David Hatcher Childress suggested that I should “…write a book about skinwalkers…” telling, me “crypto-creatures are big right now.” I remember responding that it would be virtually impossible because very little has been written on the subject of skinwalkers and that it would be a challenge to attempt to write an in-depth magazine article on the subject—forget about a full-length book. But he did get me thinking. Why not use the skinwalker as a boilerplate to examine his ancient uncles—the tricksters? So, what follows is an expanded examination of these legendary adepts adapted from my book Stalking the Tricksters.

One important element that seems to correlate tricksters forms trans-culturally is the ability to shapeshift and this ability is allegedly found among skinwalkers and other black adepts as we will see. When you start researching anything bizarre, especially phenomena way outside of the box—like skinwalkers or other indigenous dark adepts, for example—you start at the base, at the very beginning of the existing history of interpretation. It’s always been obvious to me that the oral tradition of most indigenous cultures contains many clues to explain the high strange—including a unique brand of insightful wisdom—and it seemed to me that there was a good likelihood that Native American interpretations might provide important insight. So, in 1993, I began documenting unexplained reports and researching the belief systems of the most local of the 13 tribes from three regional groups of Indians that visited the San Luis Valley, where I lived. I concentrated on the Ute, Tewa, Diné (Navajo/Apache) and Pueblo Indians. I wanted to know: are there traditional interpretations that could help explain the region’s UFO-type activity, for instance, or provide insight into the occult, or explain the strange mysterious unusual cattle deaths? Over the years I have amassed quite a list of attributional information as it relates generally to witches, sorcerers, witchcraft and the occult in general and most of the apparent cultural bias seemed unique to south-central Colorado/north-central New Mexico where most of the reports I researched and investigated were generated. This region of the continent is located just beyond the extreme northern extent of the earliest incursion into North America by Europeans. It is a place where indigenous belief has blended and melded with a unique brand of Catholic fundamentalism. Due to its isolation for generations, the 500 years of subcultural programming has slowly developed a blend of indigenous and western interpretation that give this subculture a unique set of superstitions and beliefs. This region is a superb sociological Petri dish/melting pot of belief. This holds true especially around traditions of Native adepts who are said to be able to manipulate reality around the power of their will, for good or for evil purposes or for amoral trickery.

Pueblo Indian Beliefs
    Skinwalkers are by literal definition a Dine’ tradition. Before we dive into the perilous world of the skinwalker, lets look at the concept of witchcraft in the Pueblo Indian’s traditions where much of Dine’ knowledge and beliefs have been, borrowed and culturally adapted since their arrival in the Southwest United States in the 12th and 13th Century.

I recently borrowed a rather hard-to-find 1989 book from a Zuni Elder titled Witchcraft and Sorcery of Native American Peoples edited by Deward E. Walker, Jr. It is a collection of academic papers that have been published on the subject that extend back into the early 19th Century. It makes for fascinating reading as it is filled with little known facts and peculiar beliefs of Indian peoples as it relates to their secretive world of witches, sorcerers and their practices:

Pueblo witches are thought to cause windstorms during dances, alienate the affections of mates by offering one the power for new conquests, and destroy crops by bringing grasshoppers or other plagues. More important, illness (including madness) and death, except for the very old, are believed to result from one’s wrongdoing or from the work of a witch…Frank Hamilton Cushing was the first Anglo to spend time at the Zuni Pueblo and he observed that witchcraft and cowardice in battle were the only offenses in Zuni society that could bring the death penalty, a statement [that can be] made for all the pueblos…

When it comes to witchcraft and witches, Pueblo Indians are still today highly suspicious of their neighboring pueblos. Belief in witchcraft is widespread and there are variations between tribal traditions that appear to exacerbate these suspicions. Generally, witches practice their craft secretly within their own pueblo, however the fear of witches from outside Pueblos is very real. I’ve have learned that a secret trial involving witchcraft within two pueblos is currently underway and this suggests that this “taboo” topic is still very much alive in modern pueblo society. Anthropologist Florence Ellis notes in her chapter on Pueblo Witchcraft in Witchcraft and Sorcery of Native American Peoples:

Zuni and Acoma say that the Santa Domingo is the most witch-ridden pueblo. Santa Domingo makes the same comment about Acoma and Zuni. The Lagunas, one year, [in the 1930s] would not buy woman’s woven woolen dresses from Zuni, because it was rumored that Zuni witches were peddling dresses stolen from corpses.

As I mentioned, shapeshifting seems to be a common thread that is found throughout most, if not all, Southwestern Native American traditions relating to witches legendary abilities. These adepts allegedly are able to transform into a variety of animal forms. They can also allegedly use various animal’s body parts to transform some aspect of their humanness into that of a desired animal. Some accounts in the Northern Rio Grande pueblos mention the ability to change into fire-balls, or “flaming bowls” when they need to travel somewhere extremely fast. I have received reports from terrified locals claiming to have seen fireballs that they report to me as “witches.” Where are they going and what is their agenda? According to legend, these adepts are said to meet regularly in enclaves in caves or by large, isolated rock formations. In the San Luis Valley there is a legend that witches have been meeting for hundreds of years at the “witch rocks” southwest of Sanford, Colorado, north of State Highway 42—about two miles up County Road U. For decades, strange lights have been reported in the area. Florence Ellis relates what was commonly thought about pueblo witch society enclaves in the early 20th Century.

Witch society meetings are thought to be held in the dead of night in a cave at some distance from the pueblo. The witches arise, slip outside quietly, and change themselves into animals, coyotes, toads, dogs, crows, hawks, or other birds, to travel to the meeting in the cave. One tale relates the plight of a wife who left her human eyes in a cup in the house and used owl eyes, but when she returned in the early morning the human eyes had been found by her husband and dunked in urine, which made them forever unusable…Details of what goes on in the cave are few because witches are not informants, and persons who do not belong to a ceremonial society never know proceedings of a society…According to Isletans, the secret witch meetings are held…on a black mesa known as Shemtua, about five miles northeast of the pueblo, near the Los Padillas boundry line. The cave in which the Sandia witches meet is in the Sandias [mountains]. The Hopi speak openly of witches meeting at a cluster of large rocks in the valley northeast of the villages…[There is] a cliff in the lower portion of the Cañada de Cochiti where, the Cochitis believe, witches go in the shape of the animals and birds named above for a meeting each Friday night. Crows and coyotes are favorite forms. At a proper signal the cliff opens to show a lighted cavern. In the cavern they change again to their human forms. They discuss witch plans until they must assume their disguises again to hurry home before dawn. The general witch headquarters are said to be in Mexico, possible the reason why “the south” is mentioned in connection with various things in the witch stories.

Navajo and Apache Witchcraft
    Beside the little-known information about Diné witchcraft and skinwalkers I have found in obscure self-published books from Navajo authors and from academic compilations, there are a few fleeting references to these black magician shapeshifters on the Internet. Here is a thumbnail sketch from theunexplainedmysteries.com that pretty much encapsulates the extent of my knowledge when I initially began researching the subject for Stalking the Tricksters:

Although [a skinwalker] is most frequently seen as a coyote, wolf, owl, fox, or crow, the yeenaaldlooshii is said to have the power to assume the form of any animal they choose, depending on what kind of abilities they need. Witches use the form for expedient travel, especially to the Navajo equivalent of the ‘Black Mass‘, a perverted song (and the central rite of the Witchery Way) used to curse instead of to heal. They also may transform to escape from pursuers. Some Navajo also believe that skinwalker have the ability to steal the “skin” or body of a person. The Navajo believe that if you lock eyes with a skinwalker they can absorb themselves into your body. It is also said that skinwalker avoid the light and that their eyes glow like an animal’s when in human form and when in animal form their eyes do not glow as an animal’s would.

Researching Native American witchcraft and other traditional knowledge as it relates to a modern definition of the paranormal is an extremely difficult subject to tackle—especially for me; a nosy white boy, wearing a black cowboy hat. During my 13-year field-investigation/research project in the San Luis Valley (SLV) in south-central Colorado/north-central New Mexico that resulted in my Mysterious Valley book series, I gathered information from indigenous people about the strange goings-on that have apparently always blistered the magical four-corners region. Slowly over time I have been able to compile an intriguing number of legends, myths and stories that reveal a rich tradition of beliefs as it relates to witchcraft and the occult. Over the years I’ve noticed witnesses’ personal bias and what appear to be subcultural preconceptions around these subjects. For instance, this bias included sub-cultural references to “witches” and “skinwalkers” when interpreting their sightings of “balls of light,” orbs or unusual individuals in their environment. Because of the claims “high-strange” quality, and a predictable lack of specific data points, most of these reports did not make it into my SLV Event Log of documented unexplained events that contains almost one thousand entries. However, whenever someone reported something weird and used traditional interpretations to explain the phenomenon they observed, I took extra notice. If the event had a date to log, even better, I could include it in my database.

Along with my fascination for all things magical and wondrous, and having obtained knowledge studying the Western Esoteric tradition over the years, naturally I was intrigued by hints of information held by the local natives. So, I started digging. The term witchcraft doesn’t accurately apply because this form Navajo spirituality has little to do with the practices and beliefs of a European style, or form of witchcraft. In fact, Navajo “witchcraft,” is simply another aspect or set of “ways” within the existing Navajo spiritual culture. There seems to be a strict taboo around speaking of those who practice the Witchery Way, and very few, if any Navajo will acknowledge the subject to outsiders. The paranormal.lovetoknow.com website has a very informative page on Navajo witchcraft, they state:

The four basic “ways” of Navajo witchcraft are, “Witchery, Sorcery, Wizardry and Frenzy.” None of the four are actually witchcraft in the European sense of the word. They are simply additional parts of the vast spirituality of the Navajo people. [W]itchcraft is not separate from Navajo spirituality, it is simply another set of “Ways” within the Navajo religion. The Navajo believe that people must live in harmony with Mother Earth, and that there are two classes of beings, Earth People who are mortals, and the Holy People who are unseen spiritual beings. They believe these beings have the ability to either help or harm mortals. The Navajo believe that illness and life problems are “disorder” within one’s life that can be remedied with herbs, prayer, songs, medicine men and ceremonies. However, while medicine men learn the Navajo Ways to heal and aid those who are afflicted, there are others who practice Navajo witchcraft and seek to direct spiritual forces to cause harm or misfortune to others.

Most forms of this Witchery way are apparently focused on corpses and death and the Navajo have a fervent avoidance of death.

Who is Stalking Whom?
    In late 1998, a prominent member of the Crestone, Colorado community where I lived approached me. She casually asked what I knew about “Indian witchcraft.” The request was out of character and I instantly sensed something unusual was behind her low-key request. I related to her basic information pertaining to rituals of intent and protection, the use of power talismans and the like and she interrupted me, took me aside and told me about a strange adorned animal spine and skull bundle that had been found hanging on a creek behind her house. It seems she had recently experienced a falling out with a visiting Native American “medicine man” and then, some time later, this scary-looking bundle turned up near her house. She had a mystery on her hands, and naturally, she thought of the two events as being linked somehow. Did I know what the bundle was or what it was used for? She claimed it had immediately been disposed of and hadn’t been saved, but it was obvious that she was concerned enough about the artifact to ask me for my opinion. Without seeing the bundle and studying it—making note of the objects and how they were arranged, it was difficult for me to translate or interpret, but I offered to conduct a cleansing and blessing at the spot where the scary-looking artifact was discovered. Several months went by and everything seemed normal. She never mentioned the event again, nor did I ever ask her for an update on the peculiar situation; some questions are better left unasked, and this was one of them.

Some months later, I had moved out into the valley to a sentry-like, two-story house with a majestic view of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains three miles to the east. The house was completely surrounded by lush elk meadow with nary a tree or a neighbor within a quarter-mile. The house was feebly equipped with a 500-watt solar system that would barely power my computer on a sunny day.

One evening, Wednesday November 10, 1999, at 6:20 PM, I was taking a shower in the attached greenhouse. Looking out the west-facing plate glass windows that made up the western side of the greenhouse, I noticed, with a start, what could only be described as a antler-adorned, six-foot tall, bi-pedal creature gliding across the front of the windows, from left-to-right. The being was in the shadow just out of the thin light projected out to the yard, but I was able to easily discern its distinctive shape. When I first noticed movement, I was facing sideways to the window and only had a peripheral view of the apparition but, as I turned, I distinctly witnessed something the likes of which I’ve never seen before or since. Looking back at the event today, I’m surprised I wasn’t completely freaked seeing this apparition, as I was standing naked, all soaped up. But looking at my notes I am reminded that the weirdness didn’t end there. Later that evening, at 11:30 PM, I was with my friend Amber, we observed what appeared to be a “prairie-dragon like form” travel from the porch through the dog door, into the living room. Amber and I simultaneously saw a transparent “beige-colored form” enter through the dog door, which was only two feet away from us. We both heard what sounded like a dog “whine.”

I learned later that what I witnessed while taking a shower is eerily similar to Diné accounts of a skinwalker lurking about. They are sometimes depicted wearing antlers and whatever it was I witnessed definitely had an impressive rack! The coyote-like form my friend Amber and I witnessed later that evening put an exclamation point on the day. But, reviewing my event log I am reminded of another weird incident that occurred the prior late summer/early fall. I had been sitting downstairs alone watching TV in the living room, when a rapid succession of rapping sounds circled the house around the walls of the second story above. The five or six raps banged in a clockwise circle around the house’s upper story and I bolted outside with a flashlight to see whatever it was. Nothing. I made note of it but I’m still puzzled today—years later—what it could have been. While researching this chapter, I found that rapping sounds going around your house are attributed by some Diné as being a skinwalker attempting to get your attention! OK…

What is a Skinwalker?

That blustery fall in the SLV, was I being watched (or haunted?) by a skinwalker? Probably not, but the curious synchronicities are worthy of mention. Skinwalkers are said to be evil sorcerers that exist alongside and among the Diné people. They are said to practice the “Witchery Way,” be able to transform themselves into a variety of animal forms, and practice a particularly feared form of black magic. The actual term “skinwalker” comes from the Diné description “with it, he goes on all fours” or yeenaaldlooshii. This term refers to the skinwalker’s alleged ability to change into a four-legged animal such as a coyote, wolf, fox or sometimes a bear. As a result of this belief, it is taboo to wear the skins of these carnivores. Sheepskin and calfskin are acceptable, but carnivore skin used for clothing is extremely frowned upon. In the Diné tradition, there are several different types of witches, but skinwalkers (most often male) are said to be the most powerful and deeply feared by the Navajo and Apache people. There is much superstition around the belief in these dark adepts and it is rare to get a Diné person to open up and address the subject. No matter how modern how modern our world, this traditional belief still exists today across the windswept high-deserts of the Southwestern United States that the Navajo and Apache call home.

Popular New Mexico journalist/author Tony Hillerman wrote many novels about the Navajo reservation before his recent death in late 2008. I am a big fan and I was going to ask him for an interview for this book. In his many entertaining books he revealed a remarkable amount of information concerning the Diné lifestyle and belief. In his autobiography he mentions how he was able to befriend many Navajo and translate their candor into fiction—out in the field he had I what I call a superb “bedside manner.” In one novel, Skinwalkers, his protagonists (Navajo Policemen “Joe Leaphorn” and “Jim Chee”) attempt to get to the bottom of several murders thought by the locals to have been perpetrated by a skinwalker. Although Hillerman presented only a small amount of information about skinwalkers in the novel, the book does focus on the impact of the subject on The People. His characters ring true. Hillerman responded to questions about the subject in an interview before he passed:

Skinwalkers are tied up with the Navajo concept of good and evil. The Navajos believe that life is a kind of wind blowing through you. Some people have a dark wind, and they tend to be evil. How do you tell? People who have more money than they need and aren’t helping their kinfolk—that’s one symptom of it. Along with this tendency toward evil, if they’re initiated into a witchcraft cult, they get a lot of powers. Depending on the circumstances, they can turn into a dog; they can fly; they can disappear. There are many versions of a skinwalker, but that’s basically what it is. A lot of Navajos will tell me emphatically, especially when they don’t know me very well, that they don’t believe in all that stuff. And then when you get to be a friend, they’ll start telling you about the first time they ever saw one.

Traditionally, skinwalkers are able to change themselves into dogs, and traditionally they wear the skin of a dog over their shoulders or the skull of a dog as a cap. So I guess that’s the reason for the term. I’ve never had anyone explain it to me. Navajos just don’t like to talk about it much, even when you’ve known them a long time. It’s kind of obscene, you see. It’s something you don’t talk about in polite company. There’s a feeling that a skinwalker might be listening and might want to get even with you. You’re kind of uneasy about it …I know that [Hillerman’s book Skinwalkers] is one of the more popular books among Navajo young people. Maybe it’s a little bit like pornography to them. But I’ve had no objections to the book. It’s hard to judge, because Navajos are incredibly polite. They just do not like to offend people. more here https://www.ourstrangeplanet.com/ski...-witchery-way/
    Last edited by Maggie, 24th August 2018 at 04:46.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Shadowself (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    I am collecting some interviews with people who have witnessed the Skinwalker phenomenon. Hoss Lors emphasizes that the abilities of "magic" are accepted in the Southwest Indigenous tradition and there is good and evil forces, sorcerers and shamen. The paranormal is normal.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cUvMVnvJR4

On October 29th 2013 Coast to Coast am aired an interview with one Hoss Lors, a teacher and rancher turned writer, who had spent years living on the Navajo reservation. His subject: Skin-walkers. I had only vaguely heard of Skin-walkers before listening to this interview, but I knew it had something to do with shape-shifting. Being an individual very familiar with alien contact (more about this in my next blog post), I had heard of Skinwalker Ranch, and I knew there was somehow a connection between these skin-walkers and the alien/ufo phenomenon.

Mr. Lors’ interview fascinated me. The story he had to tell about his experiences on the reservation with these so called skin-walkers was quite unbelievable, and I’m sure for most people hard to digest. I however, choose to believe. I go with what resonates with me, always following my intuition, and my intuition told me this man was telling the truth. Unfortunately for Mr. Lors all of his encounters were very negative. By definition the skin-walker is an evil character in Native American mythology. A witch that practices the dark arts and uses shape-shifting abilities to harm others. He/she gains these abilities through sacrifice, the sacrifice of a child. Using the skin of the desired animal he/she cloaks themselves in the likeness of this animal to go about unnoticed wreaking havoc on the unsuspecting victim. Mr. Lors had been a victim, and had almost paid the ultimate price for his encounter with this evil entity.....

In his interview with George Noory, Mr. Lors goes into much more detail on his experiences with these shape-shifting witches and the UFOs he encountered on his land. I highly recommend my readers listen to it. (www.coasttocoastam.com offers a wonderful insider subscription that allows listeners to access past shows and archives). It may also be worth taking a look at Mr. Lors’ website www.oldironadventure.com.

After hearing this story, I scoured the internet looking for any and all information I could find on the skin-walkers. I was surprised to find very little, and what I did find was all negative of course. I know negativity exists in this world and I do not dismiss it, that being said I also do not focus on it. I couldn’t shake a nagging feeling that there had to be more to the mythology, something more positive. I focused my search on the origins of the legend. Mr. Lor had mentioned a possible Hopi connection. Of course, The Hopi! The Hopis origins lay among the stars and the star people. The story goes, that long ago, the star people taught the Hopi how to shape-shift. It was a skill to be respected and used for good. One day a Navajo man came to the Hopi and asked for the shape-shifting magic. His child was sick and dying. He needed the magic to travel a great distance in a short amount of time to retrieve a curative herb and save his child’s life. The Hopi agreed to give the Navajo man this magic, but with a warning. Use this magic only for good. The man agreed and saved his child, but the magic was too tempting, and he soon started using it for selfish, evil ends. Thus the Skin-walker was born.

This Hopi legend was intriguing. Here was proof positive. Not all shape-shifters are evil. There was no sacrifice. There was no evil intent. There was no dark magic. This skill had been passed to them from the “star people”, their alien ancestors. The inter-dimensional creators. These star people were masters of matter and time manipulation. The ultimate shape-shifters if you will. It got me to thinking. If we are descended from the star people, than we still have this magic inside of us. The ability to manipulate time and space. To shift from dimension to dimension. To transform ourselves. To walk in the VOID.

I couldn’t stop thinking about these shape-shifters, these skin-walkers and star people. I was trying not focus on the more negative aspects, but Mr. Lors story had shaken me up a bit. He mentioned in his interview that if you focus on these beings they will show up in your life. This is a concept I am very familiar with. What you focus on expands, and I certainly didn’t want to attract any negative entities to myself. Just months earlier I had had a night visitation from the spirit of a Native American man trying to kill me, and I wasn’t eager to have him back anytime soon.

The morning of Halloween, I decided at the last minute to dress up and meet some friend’s out for drinks. I went through all the cheap and easy ideas in my head. Cat, vampire, skeleton… wolf! Wolf it was. I headed down my local craft store to obtain the things I needed to make the costume. As I was browsing the isles thinking about wolves my mind naturally wandered back to the skin-walkers. That’s when I noticed the song playing on the radio. The lyrics sang, “I’m a skin-walker, a night-stalker.” I was shocked! I had never heard that song in my life! Coincidence? I don’t believe in coincidences. I tried searching the internet for the song and singer but had no luck finding it.

It was during one of my many internet searches for Native American mythology stories that I stumbled upon the site www.spiritanimal.info. I decided to look up my old friend the crow, and what it had to say amazed me.

“Crows are commonly associated with magic and the power to manipulate physical appearances. Ted Andrews in his classic on animal totems “Animal Speak” mentions that we can find crows are common animals that we can find all around the globe. As such, they are a reminder that magic is everywhere. When you encounter a crow, just tune into its behavior and it will give you a clue on how to use the magic powers it carries.

Because of its affinity with life mysteries and magic, the crow is seen in many shamanic traditions as the spirit animal of choice for those who use magic and have the power to manipulate the law of our physical universe. The crow used to be the animal of choice of shamans, those who do witchcraft and shape-shifting.

Crows have a usually black with tints of blue depending on the light shining on them. Their color is symbolic of the onset of creation, of the void or what has not taken form yet. Fascinating spirit animals, they carry the energy of life mysteries and the power for deep inner transformation.

As a spirit guide, the crow will guide you in getting in touch with life mysteries and develop your ability to perceive subtle shifts in energy within yourself and in your environment. It has the ability to go beyond the illusions, especially duality of right and wrong, inner and outer.”

There it was again, shape-shifting, the VOID. Obviously the universe was trying to tell me something. And I’m listening! We truly are more than meets the eye, and this world is truly a magical place. There are amazing things happening all around us, if only we would open our eyes to see it! We are all connected to this universe, the creator, the source. My experience with this VOID is probably one of the most incredible things that has ever happened to me in my life.

One night about 10 years ago I went out of my body. I had had OBE’s many times before, but this particular one felt different. I floated up, out of my house and into the night’s sky, drifting toward space. Passing the earth, I could see many alien ships orbiting its atmosphere. As I floated into the oblivion of star speckled darkness, it became very black and still. I became aware that I had no body, I was just a consciousness floating in the infinite nothing. It was nothing and everything all at the same time. It was pure love, pure peace. I was connected to the ALL. I stayed in this state for what seemed like an hour or a second, time did not exist. Then suddenly out of nowhere, a being of pure white light manifested before me. The light was so radiant and the energy so powerful I could hardly stand it. I was in awe. This being then shot the light straight into my body. The energy being transferred to me was so intense I thought I would explode. The sensation I experienced is extremely hard to describe, but I liken it to a cross between being electrocuted and taking a warm bath, like drinking liquid sunshine. Right before I thought I would explode into a billion tiny points of light, I slammed back into my body and shot out of bed light a rocket ship! I was buzzing all over! All my hair follicles were standing on end. I didn’t sleep the rest of the night. I just laid there vibrating for hours, wondering what I had just experienced.https://theinconvenientpsychic.wordp...tag/hoss-lors/

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), Shadowself (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    I found this story on a forum with no attribution but including as it is a great story.

When there comes a time for a child to be born, there are several children that are sensitives & those that are sensitives get chosen. We who are sensitive to evil or good can "see" what normal people can't. ESP as many scientists believe to be "paranormal" or "supernatural" but you have to see it in the eyes of us who have been taught that "everything" is possible & it is all limitless. So basically we see things & we let our elders know, now when children cry it's either because something was bothering them or they sense something bad. Easy, when a child is laughing or is smiling while no one is in the room. It "could" be a good spirit playing with them, or it "could" be a bad spirit playing with them. It's hard to tell because there is nothing "evil" in the beginning. It's all trickery to us because they can't harm the innocent.

I was one of these children who was a sensitive & I was given the name, Hashke Ta Deezwood, which translates to "One who walks around with warriors" or "One who is always honest with those he encounters". Now, with me, my grandmother raised me to be a good kid. Never into the going out at night or opening a window at night or whistling at night. No-No for a child because that's what calls the bad spirits over to you. So I did nothing but listen to her stories of all these things. My father came into the picture when I was like 5 or 6 & he just visited time to time. Now when I turned 8, I was allowed to go with him to his place.

He then started my "training" as I call it. I was hunting & gathering things with him. I thought it was fun because I was hanging out with my father. Now when I turned 9 it began, I was the youngest of the group of kids chosen by his "elders" to partake in this event. I was a sensitive & still am, so they performed a 3 day ceremony in which they had a huge bon fire going & they were dancing around it. They had their skins & animals skins, when I say skins I mean human skins as well. There were people getting butchered & mutilated in these camps in the caves on top of the mountains near my hometown. I vividly remember watching a man get slaughtered & I can remember his screams of agony. This is what haunts me to this day, I tell people all the time, "Dude, you have NO idea what it's like to go through hell or have to hear screams from it or even watch it".

We the children have to sit in front of a mirror, this mirror is like a portal to another deep dark dimension & it remains dark until the ceremony is almost complete. It reflects our image but in a ghastly way. Now the chants & songs are being made while people around are getting slaughtered & we have to fast without food or water for the whole three days, while in front of these huge bon fires while watching our own image in a dark mirror. Once the three days are over & there are some of us who survive, keep in mind that they choose up to 15 kids & only three of us make it out alive. I'm the youngest of all of them.

Now the 4th day we have to go around talking to animals in THEIR language & we HAVE to understand them. We have to play with some & then challenge some, all while being observed by skinwalkers that are already initiated. If we pass with their approval, we get to do one more thing. Eat, but in order to do so we have to kill either an animal or a human. Then we eat whichever we kill. I killed a prairie dog because I couldn't even stand the thought of eating a person. That's what sets the Skinwalkers apart, whether you eat an animal or human. Eating an animal will most likely result in us being able to obtain "white" or "clear" eyes UNLESS you eat snakes or coyotes. Eating a human will always result in obtaining the famous & infamous "red" or "yellow" eyes.

Once the sacrifice is made & you survive through it all, you obtain the right to be called a skinwalker. Now keep in mind that even skinwalkers play by the Natural Law. They come together in this time, be it bad or a good skinwalker, to raise more skinwalkers. But this only happens every rare occasion in which there are changes that are being made by the planet due to climate or interplanetary change. We are more in tune with nature then most. We understand the crystal & how it communicates to us. This is why most scientists believe that logic does not mix with reality. Logic is their way of "trying" to explain something they don't understand & are afraid of.

We on the other hand know enough that there are always going to be things that we can't explain but we will describe it. We won't be afraid of it because if it's in our world, then it must be in others as well. Meaning it was ALWAYS there to begin with so it's nothing new to the universe but it is to us therefore it is NOT supernatural or paranormal. Same goes for spirits/aliens/ufos, they're just crossing over, no big deal.

Now Mother Earth provides us chosen with massive amounts of energy which we can keep forever. We have the power to manipulate & control certain things. I for one can control the weather with my emotions & I can befriend any wild animal & I can also manipulate peoples thought process. I was chosen with clear eyes, & I was given an bald eagle feather. See, most don't know this but you don't need the full skin to transform, you just need a piece of a part of the animal.

I transformed for the first time, it took me 12 hours to master the art. I had to let go of all the limits I was taught, see I was taught that I could only go so far before there would be no limits like they teach nowadays but you have to let it ALL go in order to realize the beauty of shifting. Once shifted, you can fly as high as YOU see fit. It was great, being 9 & flying over Shiprock at high speeds. Having pure sight of everything was the best. Then I did something stupid. I transformed back while I was trying to land, I landed on my face.... HARD. I stumbled a bit & I couldn't remember anything for awhile but then I caught my thoughts & I knew what I had done. I was proud of myself. I was greeted back at the caves with joy & food/water. I enjoyed every meal afterward because I was hungry. The other kids had turned too. One transformed into a snake & the other was cougar.

We were happy until it came time to face the mirrors. I got in front of my mirror, stared into my own eyes & saw a great glory. Clear eyes. The Mirror then finally became "wavy" as if it was part of the water & something had hit it to make it start to wave. In the mirror was a mountain of flames & towering over those flames was a dark winged creature that had a long jaw & what looked like ram horns. It stared at me & it called me it's son, but it said my purpose was to help those in need & to fight for the better good. Therefore it rejected me & said that I was no longer it's son & it was gonna protect me from harm but it would have nothing to do with me. The mirror cracked & the pieces fell, the other kids didn't have the same experience. Their mirrors were returned to normal so I guess I was the one that the mirror decided to show me this image.

After all this, my dad took me back to his house & we slept with the doors open. I didn't care, I was practically invincible & had this thought that I could do whatever I wanted & I was fully protected but I snapped, this orb of light came into the house & I stood up. I wasn't scared & this orb flew into me, it tickled & I started to glow as if I was a glow stick. I walked outside & I saw a face form out of dust in front of me. It was a man, he spoke to me saying that he was the Creator & that what had happened was for the best & that I was to be honored to protect the people when I transformed. I was excited & I didn't want to believe it was the Creator speaking to me so the orb left. I went to sleep. Next day, I got back home to my mothers' & I told her everything.

She freaked out & took me to a medicine man fast. I got all the ceremonies done to reverse it all but I feel that it's stuck with me & that I can still transform. I haven't tried it but if you knew what it felt like, your body thirsts to do it again. So on occasion I clear the clouds & I make sure no animals harm people. I hope this helps you in your quest to seek the truth on your end but I'm pretty much covered on everything needed. By the way, 2012 is going to be a normal year, same goes for 2013. It's just a time for transition & coming of evolution. I'd tell you more but I'll leave the rest to your research. Blessings from afar, peace.http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=us

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,285 Times in 177 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSGmMP0b8k

2 Hour 7 Min Documentary + 1.5 Hour Bonus material by JEREMY KENYON LOCKYER CORBELL about the Skinwalker Ranch
    coming out on 11 SEPTEMBER 2018.

This documents the last 20 years ( and ongoing ) of activity at this ranch in UTAH.

This includes BIGELOW's team of scientists and appears to be sanctioned by the DIA.

It seems that the Phenomenon is beyond them, and they are now throwing it open to the Public.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to boja For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018)