Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 LastLast

Thread: When Waves Collide

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    My daughter used to work at a major CA hospital here in London. She told me that hospices are used quite often for palliative care, for instance for SOB, to input oxygen into the body intraveneously, not always for transition.
    I was a hospice nurse at one time. I don't think oxygen is delivered ever IV? But the point about hospice being palliative but not a "death sentence" is true. there are several issues like COPD, Heart failure, cancer, alzheimers which are often seen to "get better" when someone is on hospice care. the attention, the expertise of the nurses and the relationship that decreases stress work in people's favor. I had a couple of clients who graduated off hospice (meaning they got so much better they did not need it).

Hospice in the states is available when "curative" care ends. That the attempt to cure by conventional means ends does not mean people cannot get "well" IMO. I have a much different view of the body and IMO as long as we are alive, any change is possible. I think the biggest mistake in the medical system insurance covers is that it is mechanistic and discounts the natural ability to heal the body owns GIVEN THE SUPPORT.

Using hospice is an EXCELLENT support system. When a person is diagnosed with a condition that has pain and other symptoms to manage and is considered "fatal" by the conventional diagnoses and when one is not going for a cure, it works for the whole family. The diagnosis that may lead to death within a certain time frame (the MD writes the script) makes a person eligible but must be seen with indifference IMO to avoid mental agreement with the prognosis and the fulfilment of the "prophecy".
    Last edited by Maggie, 6th October 2018 at 23:43.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2018), Dreamtimer (7th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Thank you everyone! All good suggestions. I especially like the "Vitamin D3 around 2000iu to 5000iu" idea as not only did I not know this is a solution to getting one It sounds good!

You may be right. Today was one of those fluctuating days. A friend came by and took me to the pharmacy to get the antibiotics for my new sinus infection and decided to give me no excuse not to get that blood test they forgot to give me while sending me out the door to the pharmacy with a prescription for a blood test!

So I got the blood test for which they added another test and while I was there a different kind of blood test due to low liver enzyme levels.

I'm starting to find this oncology office often makes mistakes. Like the one I will add today that threw me for a loop when I read the paperwork they give you every time when they give blood test or exams upon arrival.

Today I stopped to read the one they gave me and lost it! I will tell you now it's a major mistake made by the person inputting the information and was quite incorrect. But for a brief moment of sheer shock I read it and literally lost it!

It says.....Today's visit: D Dimer -CP , SOB, Hospice requested

Here is exactly what I saw before my eyes popped out of my head!

Attachment 2264

I saw that and lost it....I thought they were getting ready to order me to attend Hospice....as in "Hospice requested"!

What it was supposed to say is palliative care requested....as in the personal who ordered the D Dimer test was indeed palliative care.

I mean really?!?! Is someone trying to give me a damned heart attack?!

It's like the day I was in visiting my new grandson and a nurse that worked in oncology downstairs started to tell me the reason she is glad to be gone from oncology was watching the suffering of the cancer patient and the feeling of drowning! WTF!

So anyway I got the test that is supposed to see if I'm ready to have a pulmonary embolism and the now added test for low liver enzyme levels.

Seriously this is becoming a lesson in oncology and what not to do instead of working toward wellness!

On that note I've got to get myself some rest as it been a tiring day. Thanks everyone once again for the suggestions as I was certainly not prepared for what to say and it's coming soon...the ever obnoxiously recommended FLU SHOTS!
    You are right about the mistakes. You are also right about the power of speech to hinder. I was an RN and also have been a patient and a family member and it sucks. It sucks and we should accept that you have to look over EVERY person's work before you allow them to touch you. That is why people should always have a "trained" advocate with them. I call it "RENTA YENTA" in that the busy body you "hire" must be assertive and fearless to complain and demand. It needs to be that way because there is NO accountability really for these mistakes. No one will even tell you one happened unless you catch it and the system has no remorse for it.... it is a machine.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th October 2018), Dreamtimer (7th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Coffee!!! I love it and sometimes drink too much. That'll make my tummy hurt.

I don't get the flu shot regularly. I know people who do. My husband does due to his work. The idea is that he works around at risk people so it keeps him and them safer. To me, that's a maybe.

But he's never gotten sick after a shot. I know people who have gotten very sick after a shot. I don't want that to happen.

I always figured, it's flu season so do things that help keep you healthy. Eat well, wash hands, bundle up when necessary, take supplements if necessary, and keep a good mental state.

Good luck with everything, Brook. I hope your little kitty boy helps too!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Good morning,

Haven't much time today just wanted to drop a line as I'm working on the frequency thing big time now. So I have some studies to do. I'm not relying solely on the Doctor and academics and status for whatever to finally tell me everything has stopped working and now IS the time to enter hospice care. That will be what eventually happens and I'm not giving up and resigning to that just yet! This is called WILL to LIVE!

While so far he (the Doctor) has been propped up as one of the best in the area....I'm here to tell him or anybody else I'm NOT going to lay down and die! Screw that! I have grandchildren i would like to spend a few more years watching them grow!

So after some breakfast and meds (that sounds funny eh?) I'm on the hunt for the proper care I need to kill this! I've had enough as after last night...coughing, hacking nasal drip and sore throat...I'm back in the saddle again so to speak!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), Kitsune (8th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Good morning,

Haven't much time today just wanted to drop a line as I'm working on the frequency thing big time now. So I have some studies to do. I'm not relying solely on the Doctor and academics and status for whatever to finally tell me everything has stopped working and now IS the time to enter hospice care. That will be what eventually happens and I'm not giving up and resigning to that just yet! This is called WILL to LIVE!

While so far he (the Doctor) has been propped up as one of the best in the area....I'm here to tell him or anybody else I'm NOT going to lay down and die! Screw that! I have grandchildren i would like to spend a few more years watching them grow!

So after some breakfast and meds (that sounds funny eh?) I'm on the hunt for the proper care I need to kill this! I've had enough as after last night...coughing, hacking nasal drip and sore throat...I'm back in the saddle again so to speak!

Hi Shadowself,

Did you ever find out with more certainty about your other cat...Is it male or female? I hope I'm not bringing up an already sad memory.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Shadowself (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    Hi Shadowself,

Did you ever find out with more certainty about your other cat...Is it male or female? I hope I'm not bringing up an already sad memory.

We are still not over Sasha...she is a female. I have to tell you I think she's still here. I keep feeling her rub against my ankles and often think I'm hearing her at the door to scratch in. When I go to the door she's not there.

I'm also having a problem with my eyesight (from) the time I started that last chemo and have been seeing shadows around me. Now the thing that perplexes me is these shadows come along with the rubbing my ankles several times and I just wonder if she is here getting my attention to let me know she's still with me? When it became very evident that I was sick to Sasha she would not leave my side except to ask to go out and then she'd promptly come in and sit with me some more or lay in the bed next to me. Often times preening me like a mother cat! Instead of preening herself she's wanted me to be preened. That was strange too, Mostly because they do that to themselves. She was a very special cat.

Another weird thing...If she is here I think the kitten sees her! Because the Ninja kitten seems to be looking at something very close to me and won't take his eyes off of whatever she is looking at. For a kitten it's a very intense look which again is strange as most kittens just want to play and horse around and climb.

Well....if she is here the Kitten and I have both seen her in some form and it's somewhat comforting.

Here she is right now and where she is sitting is right where my feel would be. Never too far from me at all times...

Name:  ninjacat1.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  86.7 KB
    Last edited by Shadowself, 7th October 2018 at 14:07.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Fred Steeves (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    When our old 18 year old dog friend Braveheart met an unfortunate end right around last Christmas, I took it a lot harder than the others before her because it was my fault, and I was well on my way to never being able to forgive myself.

One evening a week or so later I went down to the kitchen to make dinner, and out of nowhere I felt paws on my chest, a sloppy tongue licking my face all over, while the simultaneous thought "it's okay Dad!" shot straight into my brain. She hung around for a few days, to the point where I was thinking she might just hang around for good, and then poof, she moved on to other things.

I think it's pretty obvious she felt that draw, that unfinished business, and wasn't going to move on without it being resolved. I think the same may be true with Sasha.

By the way, we have a dog named Sasha.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), Shadowself (7th October 2018)

Thanks
    That's cool you have a dog named Sasha! It's not a normal name for dogs or cats that I'm aware of.

Lionhawk attempted to contact her to see if he could locate her....When all settled a bit he told me he had made contact with her and he asked her if she was alright....Her answer to him..."I am now".

I think she must have had a pretty hard time with the coyote and put up a fight but it obviously was futile. We cannot find any evidence of her remains, but it's a pretty large wooded area back there with a stream....which of course would draw other animals such as prey.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 7th October 2018 at 14:46.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (7th October 2018), Dreamtimer (8th October 2018), Elen (7th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (7th October 2018), Fred Steeves (9th November 2018), Kathy (7th October 2018), modwiz (7th October 2018), palooka's revenge (9th October 2018), starry night (9th October 2018)

Thanks
    Hay everypony!

I have lost four kitties to Coyote. It's hard. I have experinced them afterwards in different ways--Sparkle showed up as ectoplasm, I could "see" her "shadow" kind of like a roomba, bopping around the house. She was young, and we hadn't really established a "language" connection. Spooky was my familiar in many lives, and he let me know that he was on the way out. A lot of his essence slipped into our current kitty, and sometimes I see him like an overlay. Guenevive was a part of me, and when she came back, it was more like an inner vision, and she jumped back into my heart.

Yesterday Palooka and I talked a lot about the next phase of our lives. The night before he took me up on my invitation to watch a movie I haven't seen in almost 40 years, because it had a huge impact on my 20-year-old self: The Blues Brothers. It woke something up in me, then--the sense that I had a mission--and I've spent the last 30 years deepening my understanding of what that is.

A fundamental aspect of this mission is healing death. For reasons that I'm sure I'll eventually share as I go along, I no longer believe that this is the natural order of things. It is time to heal the gap between heaven and earth, so that we don't have to die in order to pay heaven a visit. I no longer want to lift out of body, to abandon my will, to break my heart, just so my spirit can go back to heaven and leave everything else behind. Been there, done that.

I'm gonna live forever, or die trying! I've moved through enough of my own process that this is no longer a matter of faith, it is simply a matter of continuing the work, and "beating the clock" in terms of recovering from my own denials faster than I make them.

So I absolutely know you can heal this, Shadowself, and I also know that part of the reason I am here is to hold space for you to do this work, along with everypony else, who obviously love you so much.

Building the rainbow bridge, within us, between us, and between all of the planes of existence, means being able to speed up our vibration so that we can repair and cross that bridge. And we can only take all of our selves across if we get *all* of ourselves vibrating. Our spirits can already vibrate at the speed of light--that is their nature. It is our wills, our emotional bodies, that need help at this time.

And the path to healing and evolving our wills is emotional expression, in sound and movement. This is the path I have been on for the last 30 years, and my experiences and perspectives are what I will be bringing to the table, here at TOT.

Here it is in a nutshell. There is a lot to unpack, and maybe this is not the place to do that--my intention is to start another thread in the "healing" folder and go into the juicy details. But I thought my post would not make sense without at least a basic outline of what I am talking about, metaphysically speaking. What these "waves" are, that are colliding.

Here's what I take as "Given:" The Will has desire for healing, in The Mother, in Gaia, and in each of us. And part of that healing includes releasing Death that has been held or trapped in the magnetic essence of the will for so long. Death--whatever that is--is so painful for the will, that the will has stopped moving in it's clench around it. The "death clench."

The challenge before us lies in the paradox of the healing process, as I understand it. The way the will clears itself, is through vibration (sound and movement), and so it cannot move Death out, because it is not vibrating. It has lost consciousness in it's death clench, and this essence no longer knows/understands that the "cure" is waking up and vibrating again.

In addition, the essence that *surrounds* this death-clench-essence, the next "layer of the onion," so to speak, has given up hope. When we have tried to clear Death out before, we have not been successful. But things have changed, particularly in the Spirit/Father/God side of things. There is a LOT more understanding about what is going on for the Will/Mother side of things.

So how do we "explain" to the hopeless, and then unconscious, essence, that *this time* it won't mean another reversal? That it is *safe* to vibrate, to allow this horrible experience to be felt; that *this time* we will allow Death to finally be released all the way out, and return to it's correct place--outside of Creation?

And of course, we cannot explain it. The Will learns *from* experience, not ahead of the experience. We have to approach it layer by layer, from the outside-in, gaining trust because we are trust-worthy, vibrating through all of the layers of the onion, though all of the trauma--how many times have we died? why don't people remember their past lives? why have people shut down their indigo chakras, their knowing? because it is too fucking painful!

This road is a hard road. We have not taken it because we have not wanted to. Because it means going into the most lost, painful places. But *not* going there has led us to the dire situation we are facing on the planet.

BUT... but... what is on the other side of the pain, the terror, the rage, the heartbreak, all of those feelings we don't want to feel, that we have judged as unloving, for one reason or another... what is on the other side, is truely, finally, heaven on earth. no more gap between them. no more gaps between each other, no more gaps within us! and no more Death.

That is the vision. That is my Mission.

Elwood: We're 106 miles from Chicago, have a tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, ...and we're wearing sunglasses.

Jake: Hit it!

Last edited by starry night, 9th October 2018 at 21:37.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to starry night For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2018), Chris (10th October 2018), Dreamtimer (10th October 2018), Elen (10th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (9th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), palooka's revenge (10th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by starry night View Post
    That is the vision. That is my Mission.
    Hi starry night and welcome to the forum!

So now I'm obliged to ask: Why is this suddenly feeling like your big intro to this forum, rather that Brook's deeply personal thread?

Perhaps start a "That is the vision. That is my Mission" thread separate of this one?
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2018), Chris (10th October 2018), Dreamtimer (10th October 2018), Elen (10th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), modwiz (10th October 2018), palooka's revenge (10th October 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Welcome Starry Night!

Not sure why you would want to "heal" death, it is part of the natural order, an inevitable result of entropy. Even stars and galaxies die eventually. Life can be prolonged. Some Yogis are said to be hundreds of years old, whilst still being youthful. Gods are said to be eternally young, but not immortal, only very long-lived. They achieve this by drinking of the Soma / Amrita / Nectar / Ambrosia. Legends about the Holy Grail and the Fountain of Youth have similar themes.

I have seen some of what awaits us on the other side and it has cured me of my fear of death. I await the Next Life with Joy and Glee. In that form we exist as pure energy and consciousness, so it is nothing like this physical existence, but I'm rather excited about it.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (10th October 2018), Dreamtimer (10th October 2018), Elen (10th October 2018), Kathy (10th October 2018), palooka's revenge (10th October 2018), starry night (11th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I hope things are ok, Shadowself...The prayers continue...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2018), Chris (11th October 2018), Dreamtimer (11th October 2018), Elen (11th October 2018), Kathy (11th October 2018), palooka's revenge (12th October 2018), starry night (11th October 2018)

Thanks
    Fair question, Fred Steeves. That is something I wrestled with. I "lost" my original intro post, and I pay attention to things like that. This post just emerged in the mement, so I followed my intuition and took the risk. I have been following Shadowself's story for a while, feel connected to her, and she is who drew me here.

But if it is out of place, I am happy to move it.

26. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to starry night For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2018), Chris (11th October 2018), Dreamtimer (11th October 2018), Elen (11th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th October 2018), Kathy (11th October 2018), modwiz (11th October 2018), palooka's revenge (12th October 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    If Brook feels it's out of place we can move it. You won't be able to, starry night.

I do hope you're doing well, Shadowself.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2018), Chris (11th October 2018), Elen (11th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th October 2018), Kathy (11th October 2018), modwiz (11th October 2018), starry night (11th October 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Shadowself has not been here for a couple of days, and this worries me.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th October 2018), Chris (11th October 2018), Dreamtimer (11th October 2018), Elen (11th October 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th October 2018), modwiz (11th October 2018), palooka's revenge (12th October 2018)