Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: When Waves Collide

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Whoohooo, hey...what can I say...............Whoohoo, I really congratulate all of us here on your behalf, Brook!!! What could be better than these news??

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Fred Steeves (20th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018), Shadowself (20th September 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Hip Hip Huzzah! I'm so glad for you.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Elen (20th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Fred Steeves (20th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018), Shadowself (20th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Congratulations Brook, that's GREAT news!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018), Shadowself (20th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    I swear it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when I got that news.

I made that announcement then promptly fell asleep and slept like I have not slept in almost a year!

I hope to never have to do chemo again! While I know it did some good for me...it also was slowly killing me. I don't know any other way to say it. It was zapping the life out of me. I'm so grateful it's over now. That has been one of the hardest things I've been through ever. I swear that to be true.

All the tears I've been holding in have suddenly come flooding out. Tears of relief now but internally they were built of out of sheer fear and dread each time I had to do it.

God am I grateful it's over now.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Fred Steeves (20th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018)

Thanks
    Whoa! I can't leave this as post 666....so....

This means my hair is going to grow back!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Fred Steeves (20th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018)

Thanks
    That's the second reference to 666 this afternoon: one was in the context of CO2 and the other in the context of your post.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    I swear it was like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders when I got that news.

I made that announcement then promptly fell asleep and slept like I have not slept in almost a year!
    That's not surprising. You're in the fight of your life, and finally turned a corner. The hero's journey indeed, and the hero deserved a good sleep for a change.

Way to go!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    super fantastic great news...congratulations...if there is any cosmic good...well, we're seeing it...you're seeing it...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Good Morning!

Yet another doctor's visit today....and

Finally!
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Finally!
    I know huh?!

You know I was so relieved and emotional yesterday that I ended up sleeping most of the day and into the night through the early morning. It was a combination of emotion (fear release that I did not have to do the chemo anymore) and relief that it's finally over.

Again I've not slept like that since I got diagnosed! Even with some of the meds I take that should actually assist my sleeping (ativan) I don't sleep well and regularly wake up at odd hours of the night and morning. Yesterday was the first time I really really slept! Apparently I really needed it as well! Because I woke up feeling rested instead of stressed.

When this kind of thing arises in your life you tend to get a bit in denial and I admit I've been and am still in a state of denial as to the emotions that are attached to this disease. I probably need to see a shrink! LOL I joke about that but it's probably true nonetheless.

That is why they suggest groups for people who are in treatment. I tried that but I got kind of mad that this one group online did not post my post...and now I forget what it was about but the fact that they did not even contact me to tell me why they did not post it just fried my brain and I quite the group. I'm not so certain that this group was actually healthy to be around. Some of the posts I saw were not what I would consider healthy to begin with. I don't think they had a qualified person monitoring the content and it became a repetitive group of posts without qualified answers. So it's probably a good thing I quit.

The fact that I slept as I did yesterday tells me I was really stressed and it was a great stress relief to hear that i was not going to have to do chemo anymore. Bottom line...it's over! No more chemo and I could not be more grateful!

~

A friend of mine from up north has been sending me her honey. Now I don't use sweetner in my coffee but I do in my tea and I just love pure home made honey! So I've been eating spoonfuls of the stuff every day. Another friend of mine who did not know this told me I need to start eating fresh honey as it's known as a "cancer vaccine"....so I looked it up and it really is! Check it:

Honey could be considered the most sustainable food produced naturally. It contains sugars, vitamins, minerals and has high anti-oxidant activities. Cancer is on the rise in most countries. Carcinogenesis is a multi-step process and has multi-factorial causes. Among these are low immune status, chronic infection, chronic inflammation, chronic nonhealing ulcers, smoking, obesity etc. Published studies thus far have shown that honey improves immune status, has anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties and promotes healing of chronic ulcers and wounds and scavenge toxic free radicals. Recently honey has been shown to have anti-cancer properties in cell cultures and in animal models.
    Does Honey Have the Characteristics of Natural Cancer Vaccine?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3942905/

There is now a sizeable evidence that honey has potential role in alleviating the causes of cancer thus a possible natural cancer vaccine. It is a natural immune booster, natural anti-inflammatory agent, natural anti-microbial agent, natural promoter for healing chronic ulcers and wounds and scavengers for toxic free radicals. Though it is essentially a sweet food and sugar is thought to be carcinogenic, its potential role in preventing cancer understandably raises skeptics. Improvement in immune status is key in prevention of cancer formation and honey has such potential. Recently it has been shown to have direct anti-cancer effect on various cancer cell lines. With increasing number of people seeking therapy from nature, this area of research has recently gained attention.
    I have been downing spoonfuls of this stuff she's been sending me since the beginning of the year! More so now as she sent me recently a huge jar so I've been eating more than in the beginning of the year...which was a rather small amount and jar. So I was reserving it for special occasions.

She just saw what my friend sent me on this and she just yesterday sent me another jar. We are both rather excited about it as she suffers from inflammation of the joints. Though she makes the honey she does not eat it. She is going to now! We were both rather stunned at this fact and she is going to keep sending me the honey as I go through this process of healing now.

I told her she's not only making a food product she's making medicine and we both were rather stoked!

Anyhow just thought I'd share that as it's good to know as a preventative as well! It's also according to the article good as a topical application to wounds...just an fyi...

Anyhow...I think I've slept enough and today is a new day and damn it! I'm chemo free now! Woo Hoo!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    I'm so happy for you Brook.

I can't believe I forgot about this, but Manuka Honey, from New Zealand has legendary healing properties. My flatmate in Singapore was saved from surgery for his severe chronic gastritis, which he got by living in China and being stupid enough to eat the food there. A few food poisonings later, he was chronically ill and nothing would help. After a couple of years of suffering with this and a steady deterioration in his condition, somebody told him to try Manuka Honey. He took a spoonful every night before going to bed and started improving almost immediately. Within a couple of months he was fully healed and the doctors told him he no longer had the condition.

I saw a documentary about Manuka Honey once and yes, it does have anti-cancer properties, but in a much more concentrated form than ordinary honey. It's expensive, but well worth a try as well. I think you can get it in most naturopathic stores or you can order it online. The manuka pollen content is the key here and you need to get the right pollen concentration for each particular condition.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Honey is so good. I was eating raw honey out west that my nephew got from his work with bees. I've taken to buying raw honey which is much more available now than it used to be.

I'm so glad to hear you got some healing sleep, Brook. And a big load off your back.

I'll be really interested to hear how the Opidvo works.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    I'm so happy for you Brook.

I can't believe I forgot about this, but Manuka Honey, from New Zealand has legendary healing properties. My flatmate in Singapore was saved from surgery for his severe chronic gastritis, which he got by living in China and being stupid enough to eat the food there. A few food poisonings later, he was chronically ill and nothing would help. After a couple of years of suffering with this and a steady deterioration in his condition, somebody told him to try Manuka Honey. He took a spoonful every night before going to bed and started improving almost immediately. Within a couple of months he was fully healed and the doctors told him he no longer had the condition.

I saw a documentary about Manuka Honey once and yes, it does have anti-cancer properties, but in a much more concentrated form than ordinary honey. It's expensive, but well worth a try as well. I think you can get it in most naturopathic stores or you can order it online. The manuka pollen content is the key here and you need to get the right pollen concentration for each particular condition.
    Thank you Chris for mentioning that type of honey. I will certainly look into it.

It's really important right now that I ingest some good food products right now.

While Opdivo is by far not Chemo...there are some drawbacks. Lung infection is one of them. It seems I need to be careful not to get pneumonitis as that can kill me during the opdivo treatments. For some reason that is one of the things to watch out for.

So I need to watch what I eat and make sure it's high in antioxidants and overall high vitamin content. I need to stay away from second hand smoke and other kinds of dust and things that may contain mold. Our home is mold free and we've made sure of that...and keep an eye on it as mold in this area can grow quickly as the humidity here is very high.

Fortunately I already eat plenty of what would be considered good foods rich in the things I just pointed out. I've always liked those kinds of foods anyhow...even as a child. Red meats or no meats are not a problem for me but I do eat small amounts for the protein as for some reason my body craves foods rich in protein.

So starting this weekend I'm going shopping for foods that will be good to combat any kind of infections that might arise.....I'm set on the honey! As I said my friend has been ultra worried about me and has been sending me the honey for some time now. She is sending me what she calls her "layline" honey as it comes from an actual layline and the strange thing about it is it's much darker than her other two types. It's very rich and very tasty too! They say that the darker honey is the better for you in nutricion.

I'm feeling very positive about this even though there are some things that have warning for the opdivo. I think overall it should go well. The nurses at the infusion center were elated to hear I was going on it and told me it would be by far better. So I suspect as with any new drugs ads out there the warning are there just in case. But just in case I want to be prepared with the right foods.

I'm so excited and happy now you have no idea! It's like I have something to look forward to and that has not happened in quite a while. About the only thing I've been looking forward to is my grandchildren and being with them. In one week now I get to meet my newest grandson! So that makes two grandsons and two granddaughters.

So...the frequencies I've let go since that last round of chemo as I was far too sick to do it...but I'm going to start that again too. I'm taking regularly the Turkey Tail Mushrooms as directed by Paul Stamets...and if this Opdivo works as it's supposed to we may have a good chance to beat the hell out of this cancer they say is unbeatable!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Last edited by Shadowself, 21st September 2018 at 15:55.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Elen (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    There you go Brook...that's it!!!

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Chris (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (21st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (21st September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    hey girl, U already have it! keep bouncin' over the white clouds and killin' dem blues....

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd September 2018), Elen (22nd September 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Shadowself (22nd September 2018)