Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: When Waves Collide

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Well that was the only thing I could figure out. Here I do a post with a video and end it with a picture of the Great Pyramid then I see when the video ends a picture of my son. So I listen to the video of my son and he talks about the structure they made with the pyramid which I remember very well and post the video of 2009 titled Evolution...and this whole idea of this thread is about healing with DNA through quantum entanglement.

But Quantum Entanglement is also signal to signal in respects. Perhaps I'm overthinking it...but I don't think so. Then I'm a little or some might say even a lot out there....LOL
    i don't think so either. in order to be sustainable U KNOW it has to happen on the DNA level. in the enigmatic land of EM causality, untangling is the sin qua non to de-imprinting...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I love it, you are one tough lady Brook!

The ability to show bit of humor in the face of adversity is a noble trait that shines out like a lighthouse. We're not that far apart distance wise, I'd like to meet you some day.

P.S. Stay dry!
    Thanks Fred...and I will try to stay dry...it's been raining all weekend here....thunderstorms last night. But the big one is on it's way so after I see the doc today we're stopping to pick up more water and supplies just in case.

OH...and I'm just a hop skip and jump off the I40 if you should get this way and before Charlotte. Would love to meet up someday! Perhaps in the near future if the opdivo does what I think it will I will be able to get out more too...cause I've never really been to Tenn. Drove through it on the way here from CA...and what i did see was spectacular! Beautiful mountains...of course that is the reason I move here too....the mountains especially this coming time of year are unbelievable with fall colors!

Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    DITTO!! all the way down to include the P.S. which, as an old explorer of the white water rivers 'n creeks of our shared region I used to say... keep the dry side UP...
    Palooka I'm gonna try my best to keep the dry side up....it's the floating away that worries me...LOL...cause I don't have one damned paddle!
    Last edited by Shadowself, 11th September 2018 at 17:11.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Fred Steeves (14th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts

Palooka I'm gonna try my best to keep the dry side up....it's the floating away that worries me...LOL...cause I don't have one damned paddle!
    just hit the sweet spot darlin' momma river will take care of the rest...
    Last edited by Aragorn, 11th September 2018 at 19:10. Reason: fixed your quoting tags :)

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Ahhh...yes Maggie...I thought I was pretty clear that I agree with you there. But if I was not clear understand that I am agreeing with you that not only might there be Aquatic Humans....but in the future we may indeed evolve back there...to the ocean/water that is.

That is what I thought I was conveying...just to be clear. I just can't figure out why that post is on this thread and not this one:

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842000576

But since you decided to post it here and that's cool too...understand I agree with what you posted here. All it may take in the future is one good ice age to create that distinct possibility.
    I was showing a case of fractality but you are right, it was not the place. I was not trying to indicate a disagreement or anything.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I was showing a case of fractality but you are right, it was not the place. I was not trying to indicate a disagreement or anything.
    Oh! Okay...I get it now. That's cool....I just thought perhaps you might have taken something I said wrong. That is cool....and you're right that does fit!

You'll have to excuse me sometimes I'm a little slow on the uptake...LOL Especially now with all the meds I'm on. Quite frankly it's a miracle sometimes I'm able to maintain a complete thought stream.

Thanks for straightening me out there...as I said now that I know what you meant....it does make lots of sense.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (12th September 2018), modwiz (12th September 2018)

Thanks
    Good Morning,

THIS IS WHY YOU NEED TO BECOME PROACTIVE IN EVERYTHING THAT GOES ON WHEN YOU ARE IN TREATMENT FOR CANCER:

What a day and night I had! You know that thing I don't like and don't want to talk about regarding what people think chemo is the result of?

Well shortly after my last post I started getting really sick....and I indeed spent the whole evening into the morning hugging the damned toilet!

Now when I got this last round I knew something was different. It was much different. I also thought it was from the added premeds I was given. But still something was way off...because this was much different than the last one.

When they ordered my last round a different nurse was in the office when the order was put in along with the premeds based on my blood tests....I think she ordered me the full dose! She was not familiar with me or my charts...and from the first round they had cut my dose of chemo in half. I think she missed that on that chart and gave me the full dose. This is exactly what happened to me when I had the full dose!

So here I am pretty much over the worst of the stomach effects...but still got the chills and all the BS that I went through with the full dose.

This just goes to show you....these damned doctors offices are just too damned busy and make mistakes. That was a huge mistake!

My body is not that big to receive that full dose! That is also the kind of thing that can kill someone if I did not have a strong system to fight it and let me tell you I fought like hell last night! Not just getting sick to my stomach...but just keeping alert or going into shock.

There were some signs of going into shock which because I know the symptoms knew what to do for that because at my job I was part of an emergency response team that was trained to recognize when someone goes into shock. I had to keep myself covered in a warm blanket until it all passed. Early signs of shock.

So apparently I'm going to have to watch in the future the dosage as well as the pre meds if I have to do this again before I get the Opdivo. That's the kind of thing that can actually kill you! That is no joke! They are just too busy at that office and that mistake was and is something there is no excuse for. In the next few days after I recover some I'm going to call the infusion center to get the exact dosage on my last two rounds to verify it then I'm heading into that office and they are going to have to answer for it!

As for the hurricane....it looks like it may take a south turn into Georgia and miss the area I'm in all together. I will get some effects but not the brunt of the winds and it was predicted. So to my friends in Georgia...get those paddles ready! We've still gotten some flooding in the area already from some storms that were there to begin with....hopefully that is all we well get. South Carolina is going to get hit no matter what so good thoughts and prayers their way and to anybody in the path of this huge vortex.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 12th September 2018 at 12:49.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (12th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th September 2018), Kathy (12th September 2018), modwiz (12th September 2018)

Thanks
    I wanted to add this as some may not recognize early signs of shock and it's a good thing to know for you and your family.

Shock may result from trauma, heatstroke, blood loss, an allergic reaction, severe infection, poisoning, severe burns or other causes. When a person is in shock, his or her organs aren't getting enough blood or oxygen. If untreated, this can lead to permanent organ damage or even death.

Signs and symptoms of shock vary depending on circumstances and may include:

Cool, clammy skin

Pale or ashen skin

Rapid pulse

Rapid breathing

Nausea or vomiting

Enlarged pupils

Weakness or fatigue

Dizziness or fainting

Changes in mental status or behavior, such as anxiousness or agitation

~
    (note: I had all of those last night except I didn't check my pupils and fainting as I knew the rest was enough to know what was going on)

Seek emergency medical care

If you suspect a person is in shock, call 911 or your local emergency number. Then immediately take the following steps:

Lay the person down and elevate the legs and feet slightly, unless you think this may cause pain or further injury.

Keep the person still and don't move him or her unless necessary.

Begin CPR if the person shows no signs of life, such as breathing, coughing or movement.

Loosen tight clothing and, if needed, cover the person with a blanket to prevent chilling.

Don't let the person eat or drink anything.

If you suspect that the person is having an allergic reaction, and you have access to an epinephrine auto injector, use it according to its instructions.

If the person is bleeding, hold pressure over the bleeding area, using a towel or sheet.

If the person vomits or begins bleeding from the mouth, turn him or her onto a side to prevent choking, unless you suspect a spinal injury.

~

So keep that in the back of your mind if you should ever run into any of these symptoms in the event of an emergency. I'm also still watching myself today...because I'm still having some of the effects and if they don't go away sometime today...I may very well go to the emergency room for a check. Poisoning is no joke!
    Last edited by Shadowself, 12th September 2018 at 17:03.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (13th September 2018), Dreamtimer (12th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th September 2018), Kathy (12th September 2018), modwiz (12th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    I love it, you are one tough lady Brook!

The ability to show bit of humor in the face of adversity is a noble trait that shines out like a lighthouse. We're not that far apart distance wise, I'd like to meet you some day.

P.S. Stay dry!

OH...and I'm just a hop skip and jump off the I40 if you should get this way and before Charlotte. Would love to meet up someday! Perhaps in the near future if the opdivo does what I think it will I will be able to get out more too...cause I've never really been to Tenn. Drove through it on the way here from CA...and what i did see was spectacular! Beautiful mountains...of course that is the reason I move here too....the mountains especially this coming time of year are unbelievable with fall colors!
    Cool beans. Let's see about the opdivo, get you and yours get back on your feet again, and it can go into the hopper.

North Carolina is a special state for many reasons as you must surely know why. When the wife and I finally decided a few years back to leave The Sunshine State, the choice was between mainly Western North Carolina where we had spent summer vacations cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway and such, that general area anyway, and East Tennessee. (Cherokee holds an especially soft spot in our hearts!)
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), Shadowself (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    Good Morning,

Well it's 4 :30 in the morning and I thought I'd post now because there is a distinct possibility I may not be able to as this hurricane decided to turn directions again and it looks like it's coming right through my backyard! Though it's slowed down some it's still taking out electricity and flooding.

It's also about to hit in this area in the next few hours so I decided to make the coffee early just in case. I do have the wherewithal to cook and make coffee camping style but that would require some work which at this moment is not in the cards. I'm still waking up to the news that it's turned.

Just a note on my condition: While I'm better the thing that actually woke me up was the nausea from this overdose of chemo I had. So I had to take some meds for that before it gets out of hand. I was able to eat yesterday but I was also taking my meds to keep my stomach settled. They are definitely going to hear from me on this one.

I said it before and I'll say it again...that was a really bad mistake that could have killed me if I had not been barely strong enough to handle it. Mind you I was just barely able to handle it. I actually in retrospect should have gone to the emergency room when I noted the early signs of shock!

I had noted that day when I was in the office before they sent the order that the nurse was preoccupied with her dog in the back yard of the doctors office. I had mentioned it in fact as I saw the cage and asked what all that was about and she told me it was her dog who had just had it leg set from a break. In fact she left the room to move the dog inside before she came back to finish with me. That is when the doctor came in and she started the order. I know she gave me the original order and not the half dose. They are most assuredly going to hear from me next week.

I should not still be experiencing nausea but I am...which makes the coffee taste different for sure.

All I can say is it better damned well have killed some of that cancer! It would really suck if I had to go through that for nothing! Then I just might lose it on them!

Okay...time to hunker down. I kinda laugh at this cause I went through the center of the Northridge Earthquake...where I was seriously prepared to see the world end....LOL Now that scared the crap outta me! This will be a cake walk compared to that!. I'm not in a flood area so I should be okay on that end....just worried about downed trees which I have plenty so we've moved the vehicles away from that area. We are also a bit worried about Lionhawk's man cave...as it sits right under a huge tree that we've been pondering it's removal for some time now. Fortunately we have pretty good insurance to cover anything that might come along. So again it's mostly being out of electricity that will be annoying but certainly easy to handle as we are prepared either way.

After it's past I'll get back with you all to let you know everything is okay. But don't worry...it's not going to be that bad. I'm sure we will be fine.

Later!
    Brook

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Fred Steeves (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), modwiz (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    Cool beans. Let's see about the opdivo, get you and yours get back on your feet again, and it can go into the hopper.

North Carolina is a special state for many reasons as you must surely know why. When the wife and I finally decided a few years back to leave The Sunshine State, the choice was between mainly Western North Carolina where we had spent summer vacations cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway and such, that general area anyway, and East Tennessee. (Cherokee holds an especially soft spot in our hearts!)
    I really need to get into that area of Tennessee. Lionhawk would love it too. Definitely when I get better on the Opdivo! I've been feeling housebound since I've been on this chemo. Which is not normal for me. I'm used to being out and about...this is one of the reasons I picked this place. To get out in the nature that is so abundant here! Camping and fishing are our favorite things to do! I am seriously pining to get back in the outdoors in the worst way!

So...yes...as soon as the Opdivo get to doing it's thing....we will plan on it! Send me some pictures of Cherokee when you get some time. I'll bet it's beautiful! It'll give me something to look forward to! Actually some of the people I worked with used to vacation there as I think they had family there. They'd come back all refreshed...and that says a lot to me!

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (14th September 2018), Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Fred Steeves (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), modwiz (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    All I can say is it better damned well have killed some of that cancer! It would really suck if I had to go through that for nothing! Then I just might lose it on them!
    Always looking at the positive side, I love it. I thought the same thing upon reading that, at least make it worth it!

You're not a kiddin that you've got to watch people hired for pretty much *any* service like a hawk. It's so easy and deliciously tempting to just sit back and say to one's self "I'm in the hands of competent professionals here" no need for concern", when they're as susceptible to human error as anyone else, although a mistake like that is egregious. You had better not hear any bullshit excuses or side stepping...

Do y'all have a generator, and adaptors to plug your phones into the car to keep them charged so you can still stay in touch with the outside world? We've got enough gas cans to fill up probably 25 or so gallons for such an occasion to run our generator that we originally bought for incoming Cat 4 Hurricane Charlie back in '04. I don't know how long that would last, but it certainly would be nice while it lasted. Ole Charlie made a last minute sudden turn and went in south of us, but we'll never forget staring that thing in the teeth as it had been making a bullseye of the Tampa Bay area. I went in to take my last shower for who knows how long, and it started to turn in just that short amount of time.

We actually felt a bit guilty that the area just south took the brunt of what we were supposed to get, so we filled up my truck with food and water and drove down there the following weekend to do our tiny little part for anyone who needed it. Boy that was ugly to see, but it was also a good life lesson in witnessing first hand how people naturally come together when disaster strikes. It does truly brings out the best in us.

I really need to get into that area of Tennessee. Lionhawk would love it too. Definitely when I get better on the Opdivo! I've been feeling housebound since I've been on this chemo. Which is not normal for me. I'm used to being out and about...this is one of the reasons I picked this place. To get out in the nature that is so abundant here!
    Same reason here, we fled the suburbs with no looking back. We've gotta get you out of the damn house!

So...yes...as soon as the Opdivo get to doing it's thing....we will plan on it! Send me some pictures of Cherokee when you get some time. I'll bet it's beautiful! It'll give me something to look forward to! Actually some of the people I worked with used to vacation there as I think they had family there. They'd come back all refreshed...and that says a lot to me!
    Roger that. By the way when *do* you start the Opdivo?

Funny thing now that we can even see the mountains from where we live driving about every day, and it's not an 8-9 hour drive any more, we haven't actually been back to that area since we've lived here in Tennessee. Every now and zen I'll look at Mrs. Steeves and say "when are we going back to the mountains again?". Go figure.

And now this one goes out to Shadowself and Lionhawk. Stay safe:

Socrates

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018), Shadowself (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    Perfect song! LOL

By the way when *do* you start the Opdivo?
    Well that is a big question. It will start when one of two things happen:

1) I get turned down by Medicare for it and then the turndown is sent to the drug manufacturer for approval (and they will approve it as it's trial in my case)...they will also give me the meds for free. Imagine that! The reason it's free is because it's being used for trial purpose.

2) Medicare approves it ...which is unlikely as it's not been FDA approved for Small Cell Lung Cancer yet because it's on a trial basis right now.

That is why we were somewhat stunned that my prior insurance company approved it! I was in shock and so was the doctor but the doctor had no idea when I found that out that I was changing insurance to Medicare because there was no way I could afford the Cobra premium amount to keep it going. It was $558.00 a month and I was now on Social Security Disability as my temporary disability from my work had only a 6 month plan...which included my insurance! When that was done I was in big trouble. In fact I still am financially as I now have to pay out of my SSD...my part B, Part G and Part D....which totals.....$290.00...leaving me barely enough to survive. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's time to pay property taxes next year and property insurance. I guess I have a while to figure it out...so I'm not stressing on that. What I am stressing on is the deductible amount I have to pay yet which doubled for me as I got sick in December and got hit by a double yearly deductible....Instead of my yearly $3000.00....I now owe $6000.00. Actually I've paid 2000.00 of that so the balance is now approximately $4000.00 due to the fundraiser I started. Thank you btw to those who shared and donated! It's slowed down their process to do that.

Many people told me not to worry about that ....but they have threatened to attach my home/property and that I cannot afford either. If I lose my house there is no way I can find a place to rent cheaper than the mortgage amount I now pay which is only $407.25 a month. I put a pretty hefty down payment on this property to get a low payment for the time I retire. I was not expecting to get gravely ill however as my health has always been very good! When I turned 66 I was planning on collecting my SS and work for a year at least to sock some money away for extras. It's the absolute truth that I could run circles around people half my age. They used to say at work I made them tired just watching me work! Except that changed about four months before I had the heart attack...I was starting to slow down around that time and had this cough I thought was coming from a sore throat. I had no idea I had cancer and that is what they say about SCLC...most people don't notice it until they hit stage 4. Exactly what happened to me. Ahhh..the best laid plans eh?

Anyhow enough of the finance thing...as it's the least of my worries. Hopefully that turndown or approval comes in the next week or so...otherwise I have to get another dose of chemo. If that happens I swear I'm going to cry! I don't know if I can handle another round and I'm quite serious about that.

So if you believe in the power of prayer (I do)....please say a prayer I don't have to do that again!

As for the storm...it's taking its sweet time getting here...Slow moving and they are correct on that end.

We are having slight winds...but nothing to speak of yet.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), modwiz (14th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thank you for the explanation Brook.

So if you believe in the power of prayer (I do)....please say a prayer I don't have to do that again!
    You got it.

Socrates

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (14th September 2018), Dreamtimer (14th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (14th September 2018), Kathy (14th September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    May your day be filled with the greatest of joys, dear Brook!

I know I'm late due to my traveling to Norway...but hey, Many Happy Returns to you dear. And thanks for your dedication here. You...

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th September 2018), Dreamtimer (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (19th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018), Shadowself (18th September 2018)

Thanks
    Good Morning!

Yet another doctor's visit today....and

Name:  opdivo.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  75.0 KB

30. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st September 2018), Dreamtimer (20th September 2018), Elen (20th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st September 2018), Fred Steeves (20th September 2018), Kathy (25th September 2018), Melidae (21st September 2018), modwiz (20th September 2018)