Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Thread: When Waves Collide

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Coolio. Thanks!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (10th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    That video of the Mystical Misfits is great. I almost feel like I'm there. What a project. Lots of work.

The shot of the structure as the sun goes down and the face appears is awesome.

I suppose I'd have to find a group of people to join. I don't think I could round up a crew on my own. Maybe my son and his girlfriend would be into it, then there'd be a whole bunch of young adults to do the work and be creative.

In my dreams, for now.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (10th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    That video of the Mystical Misfits is great. I almost feel like I'm there. What a project. Lots of work.

The shot of the structure as the sun goes down and the face appears is awesome.

I suppose I'd have to find a group of people to join. I don't think I could round up a crew on my own. Maybe my son and his girlfriend would be into it, then there'd be a whole bunch of young adults to do the work and be creative.

In my dreams, for now.
    Well...if you decided to make your dreams come true....I'll get you into a good camp of Misfits. They are a great group of fun loving people. I have connections

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Dreamtimer (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (10th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    I don't know how they managed it.....I had a ticket that year but I could not bring myself to go....so Braydon my youngest got them to put his ashes in the head of the man for me so I could see it. It's pretty much a no no to put ashes of anybody in the head of the man...they did that year. It's not that they have never done it..it's just very rare. I suspect they put Larry's ashes there this year...He's the founder who just died this year.

That box with the red tape is John. He had the best seat in the house.

Name:  burningman2012.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  63.5 KB

This is pretty much the culmination of Burning man....on the last Saturday they burn the man and on Sunday they burn the temple.

This is what My youngest son did for me in 2012. The fire twisters were pretty awesome that year.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pziGZ5JC5Yc

last note: Thank you everyone for the Birthday wishes!
    Last edited by Shadowself, 10th September 2018 at 14:07.

8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Dreamtimer (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Fred Steeves (11th September 2018), Kathy (10th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    I will keep that in mind. I watched some videos about the volunteers and the rangers. Very enjoyable.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Holy Crap!

This is probably going to sound crazy to some. But to those who understand listen:

For the better part of the morning I kept thinking why am I compelled to put this in this particular thread? I have another thread which would have been more appropriate but something kept telling me to use this one.

Check it:

From the OP:

'It does not come as a complete surprise that the water sheath of the genetic material is also of great relevance to the natural biological function of DNA. Because every biomolecule which is bound to the DNA has to first displace the water sheath. The Dresden scientists have analyzed this process for the peptide indolicidin. This antimicrobial protein is less structured and very flexible. That it still "identifies" the double helix so precisely is due to the fact that highly structured water molecules are released when it coalesces with the genetic material. The water sheath's restructuring, which is actually an energetic advantage, increases the binding of the active agent'.

~ Then Thus ~

Quantum Entanglement Holds DNA Together

There was a time, not so long ago, when biologists swore black and blue that quantum mechanics could play no role in the hot, wet systems of life.

Now a group of physicists say that the weird laws of quantum mechanics may be more important for life than biologists could ever have imagined. Their new idea is that DNA is held together by quantum entanglement.

That’s worth picking apart in more detail. Entanglement is the weird quantum process in which a single wavefunction describes two separate objects. When this happens, these objects effectively share the same existence, no matter how far apart they might be.

The question that Elisabeth Rieper at the National University of Singapore and a couple of buddies have asked is what role might entanglement play in DNA. To find out, they’ve constructed a simplified theoretical model of DNA in which each nucleotide consists of a cloud of electrons around a central positive nucleus. This negative cloud can move relative to the nucleus, creating a dipole. And the movement of the cloud back and forth is a harmonic oscillator.

We consider it more accurate to describe the processing
    of genetic information by quantum channels, as the interactions
    between molecules are determined by laws of
    quantum mechanics.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1006.4053.pdf

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/4...ay-physicists/

So where is the wave?

When two systems ... enter into temporary physical interaction ... and when after a time of mutual influence the systems separate again, then they can no longer be described in the same way as before viz. by endowing each of them with a representative of its own. You would not call that one but rather the characteristic trait of quantum mechanics, the one that enforces its entire departure from classical lines of thought. By the interaction the two representatives [the quantum states] have become entangled.

An example of entanglement occurs when subatomic particles decay into other particles.

When pairs of particles are generated by the decay of other particles, naturally or through induced collision, these pairs may be termed “entangled”, in that such pairs often necessarily have linked and opposite qualities such as spin or charge.

~

What happens to these oscillations, or phonons as physicists call them, when the base pairs are stacked in a double helix.

Phonons are quantum objects, meaning they can exist in a superposition of states and become entangled, just like other quantum objects.

~

Phonons have a wavelength which is similar in size to a DNA helix and this allows standing waves to form, a phenomenon known as phonon trapping. When this happens, the phonons cannot easily escape. A similar kind of phonon trapping is known to cause problems in silicon structures of the same size.

That would be of little significance if it had no overall effect on the helix. But the model developed by Rieper and co suggests that the effect is profound.

~

The de Broglie–Bohm theory expresses in an explicit manner the fundamental non-locality of quantum physics. The velocity of any one particle depends on the value of the wavefunction, which depends on the whole configuration of the universe.

This theory is deterministic. Most (but not all) relativistic variants require a preferred frame. Variants which include spin and curved spaces are known. It can be modified to include quantum field theory.

People such as Josephson, Stapp, Penrose and others have suggested changes in quantum theory which allow for the possibility of "intent" or the like to bias quantum outcomes, but that all these authors operate using the Copenhagen picture in which there really is a "collapse" of the wavefunction.

in Bohmian mechanics with the mental aspect of the universe, generally: the particles are "matter," "mind" the pilot-wave.

That might be uninteresting except for the next step:the "mental" aspect of the universe can be upgraded to life and consciousness by self-organization. This happens when a physical system uses its own nonlocality in its organization. In this case a feedback loop is created, as follows: the system configures itself so as to set up its own Bohmian pilot wave, which in turn directly affects its physical configuration which then affects its nonlocal pilot wave which affects the configuration, etc...

Normally in quantum mechanics this "back-action" is not taken into account. The wave guides the particles but the back-action of the particle onto the wave is not systematically calculated - of course, the back-reaction is physically real: the movement of the particle determines the initial conditions of the next round of calculation. But there is no systematic way to characterize such feedback. One reason that this works in practice is that for systems that are not self organizing the back-action may not exert any systematic effect. This is an interesting way to utilize nonlocality.

Geometry acts on Matter/Energy telling it how to move,
    while Matter/Energy has a reciprocal Back-Reaction on Geometry telling it how to bend.

Quantum wave functions describe the distributions of electrons in atoms, molecules, and solids. There are many electrons in a DNA molecule and many wave functions are necessary to describe them all...

~

Since the early days of quantum physics, its influence on biology has always been present in a reductionist sense: quantum physics and electrodynamics shape all molecules and thus determine molecular recognition, the workings of proteins, and DNA. Also van der Waals forces, discrete molecular orbitals, and the stability of matter: all this is quantum physics and a natural basis for life and everything we see.

~

Quantum Biology: Proton Tunneling, Quantum Entanglement, DNA, Microevolution & Mutations
    So I run into my friend's wife who said he just won an Emmy and I share his two time Emmy video...I find a video of John. Where he speaks of the 2009 camp where the pyramid is....right? The title of that video is "Evolving"! I didn't even pay attention to the title...just that it was the camp that he spoke of in the video interview.

~

Just to let you know I had without a doubt the worst birthday ever! I was so sick with chemo poison I didn't know which end was up!

But somehow through (I know this sounds crazy) the miracle of Quantum Entanglement and My DNA which I shared with John he somehow was able to help me connect the dots!

When waves collide...

Quantum wave functions describe the distributions of electrons in atoms, molecules, and solids. There are many electrons in a DNA molecule and many wave functions are necessary to describe them all...It was no accident that the evolution of our shared DNA was able to once again meet on my worst ever Birthday and now make it the best!

I know some of you probably thought...poor woman....she's still grieving. Well..in some ways yes. But you must understand the best memories I have are of my children! Sparking those memories no matter how sick I am is comforting!

For a few hours today...for me:

Geometry acted on Matter/Energy telling it how to move,
    while Matter/Energy had a reciprocal Back-Reaction on Geometry telling it how to bend.

And we were communicating. Sounds crazy eh? It's not!

Normally in quantum mechanics this "back-action" is not taken into account. The wave guides the particles but the back-action of the particle onto the wave is not systematically calculated - of course, the back-reaction is physically real: the movement of the particle determines the initial conditions of the next round of calculation. In those calculations everything calculated to the sum total of the message. That message is in the last statements of his interview....we have something worthy to be part of...and we do it very well.

Well of course we did...we were not only mother and son...we were best friends!

I started thinking...how the hell did I off the cuff hear from Noelle (Terry's wife) today about his Emmy? I never hear from her. I usually hear from Terry.....and Terry had not contacted anybody that would have related it to me yet. It was a very strange way to hear about the Emmy. There in fact is not reason I would have heard from her. It was through sheer happenstance that I would have woke up at the exact time that happened to appear for me.

Hence...as crazy as it sounds: the "mental" aspect of the universe can be upgraded to life and consciousness by self-organization. This happens when a physical system uses its own nonlocality in its organization. In this case a feedback loop is created, as follows: the system configures itself so as to set up its own Bohmian pilot wave, which in turn directly affects its physical configuration which then affects its nonlocal pilot wave which affects the configuration, etc...

I could be wrong.....but that seems like sheer quantum entanglement that I experienced this morning.
    His way of saying Hi mom....Happy Birthday. There is no logical explanation why I would have heard from Terry's wife in that way.

In fact I just went back to double check...and there is no way I could get that message. I won't explain why because that is personal... but it's a fact.

When waves collide!

Quantum Biology: Proton Tunneling, Quantum Entanglement, DNA, Microevolution & Mutations

Last edited by Shadowself, 10th September 2018 at 16:11.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Dreamtimer (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), modwiz (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    somehow through ........the miracle of Quantum Entanglement and My DNA which I shared with John he somehow was able to help me connect the dots!

When waves collide...
    Very fine B'day gift. This a pretty picture of fractals

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (10th September 2018), Dreamtimer (10th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (10th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Holy Crap!

This is probably going to sound crazy to some. But to those who understand listen:

For the better part of the morning I kept thinking why am I compelled to put this in this particular thread? I have another thread which would have been more appropriate but something kept telling me to use this one.

Check it:

From the OP:

So I run into my friend's wife who said he just won an Emmy and I share his two time Emmy video...I find a video of John. Where he speaks of the 2009 camp where the pyramid is....right? The title of that video is "Evolving"! I didn't even pay attention to the title...just that it was the camp that he spoke of in the video interview.

~

Just to let you know I had without a doubt the worst birthday ever! I was so sick with chemo poison I didn't know which end was up!

But somehow through (I know this sounds crazy) the miracle of Quantum Entanglement and My DNA which I shared with John he somehow was able to help me connect the dots!

When waves collide...

Quantum wave functions describe the distributions of electrons in atoms, molecules, and solids. There are many electrons in a DNA molecule and many wave functions are necessary to describe them all...It was no accident that the evolution of our shared DNA was able to once again meet on my worst ever Birthday and now make it the best!

I know some of you probably thought...poor woman....she's still grieving. Well..in some ways yes. But you must understand the best memories I have are of my children! Sparking those memories no matter how sick I am is comforting!

For a few hours today...for me:

Geometry acted on Matter/Energy telling it how to move,
    while Matter/Energy had a reciprocal Back-Reaction on Geometry telling it how to bend.

And we were communicating. Sounds crazy eh? It's not!

Normally in quantum mechanics this "back-action" is not taken into account. The wave guides the particles but the back-action of the particle onto the wave is not systematically calculated - of course, the back-reaction is physically real: the movement of the particle determines the initial conditions of the next round of calculation. In those calculations everything calculated to the sum total of the message. That message is in the last statements of his interview....we have something worthy to be part of...and we do it very well.

Well of course we did...we were not only mother and son...we were best friends!

I started thinking...how the hell did I off the cuff hear from Noelle (Terry's wife) today about his Emmy? I never hear from her. I usually hear from Terry.....and Terry had not contacted anybody that would have related it to me yet. It was a very strange way to hear about the Emmy. There in fact is not reason I would have heard from her. It was through sheer happenstance that I would have woke up at the exact time that happened to appear for me.

Hence...as crazy as it sounds: the "mental" aspect of the universe can be upgraded to life and consciousness by self-organization. This happens when a physical system uses its own nonlocality in its organization. In this case a feedback loop is created, as follows: the system configures itself so as to set up its own Bohmian pilot wave, which in turn directly affects its physical configuration which then affects its nonlocal pilot wave which affects the configuration, etc...

I could be wrong.....but that seems like sheer quantum entanglement that I experienced this morning.
    His way of saying Hi mom....Happy Birthday. There is no logical explanation why I would have heard from Terry's wife in that way.

In fact I just went back to double check...and there is no way I could get that message. I won't explain why because that is personal... but it's a fact.

When waves collide!

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJ22T0MUsL8

Best of wishes for continued well being.
    Last edited by Maggie, 11th September 2018 at 22:38.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    It is not far fetched IMO that we have ancestry that may still live in the sea umhhhh?
    Ahhh...yes Maggie...I thought I was pretty clear that I agree with you there. But if I was not clear understand that I am agreeing with you that not only might there be Aquatic Humans....but in the future we may indeed evolve back there...to the ocean/water that is.

That is what I thought I was conveying...just to be clear. I just can't figure out why that post is on this thread and not this one:

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...#post842000576

But since you decided to post it here and that's cool too...understand I agree with what you posted here. All it may take in the future is one good ice age to create that distinct possibility.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 11th September 2018 at 02:16.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    The quantum entanglement is amazing. It spurs so many thoughts and possibilities. What a gift.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    The quantum entanglement is amazing. It spurs so many thoughts and possibilities. What a gift.
    Well that was the only thing I could figure out. Here I do a post with a video and end it with a picture of the Great Pyramid then I see when the video ends a picture of my son. So I listen to the video of my son and he talks about the structure they made with the pyramid which I remember very well and post the video of 2009 titled Evolution...and this whole idea of this thread is about healing with DNA through quantum entanglement.

But Quantum Entanglement is also signal to signal in respects. Perhaps I'm overthinking it...but I don't think so. Then I'm a little or some might say even a lot out there....LOL

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (11th September 2018), Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Well, I have to say this has been without a doubt the worst yet for the rounds of chemo.

Even last night I had a horrible time sleeping from pain to coughing to breathing problems.

I have not decided if this is because the chemo has stopped working and the cancer is worse....or if this is the healing effect of killing the tumors and creating this condition. Either way it is going to be addressed today when I go in for my blood tests.

I canceled my blood tests yesterday for today due to the fact that I just could not get it together physically. This is a concern that has me a bit worried. Then again it could be a sign of healing. I'm hoping the latter is in fact the case.

I'm also quite concerned about my port. The tube that travels up to the vein in my neck was extremely uncomfortable yesterday to the point that I had to take my pain pills earlier than usual due to the pain. Did I just say I had a pain in the neck? LOL Last I heard I am a pain in the neck!

What would I do without a bit of humor eh?

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Fred Steeves (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Did I just say I had a pain in the neck? LOL Last I heard I am a pain in the neck!

What would I do without a bit of humor eh?
    I love it, you are one tough lady Brook!

The ability to show bit of humor in the face of adversity is a noble trait that shines out like a lighthouse. We're not that far apart distance wise, I'd like to meet you some day.

P.S. Stay dry!
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    I love it, you are one tough lady Brook!

The ability to show bit of humor in the face of adversity is a noble trait that shines out like a lighthouse. We're not that far apart distance wise, I'd like to meet you some day.

P.S. Stay dry!
    DITTO!! all the way down to include the P.S. which, as an old explorer of the white water rivers 'n creeks of our shared region I used to say... keep the dry side UP...

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th September 2018), Dreamtimer (11th September 2018), Elen (18th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th September 2018), Kathy (11th September 2018), Shadowself (11th September 2018)