Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: When Waves Collide

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,318 Times in 5,067 Posts

Ethanol: A Lethal Injection for Tumors

I heard about this treatment many years ago that was done in Japan. Then I never heard anything more about it. I thought it had been disregarded completely, but searching it up on Google...this came up. I know it has nothing to do with frequencies, but an interesting addendum nonetheless. Please forgive me if I digress.

In the rich world, cancer therapy is expensive. In the developing world, it may not be available at all. Not only is cutting-edge technology in short supply, but so are things like electricity and medical personnel. The lack of necessary resources for basic healthcare is made obvious by the fact that, if diagnosed with cancer, a person in the developing world is more likely to die from it than a person in the developed world.

To help alleviate this problem, cheap, uncomplicated, portable, and preferably non-surgical treatments that do not require electricity are needed. Now, a team of researchers from Duke University has shown that injecting an ethanol-based gel directly into a specific type of tumor, called squamous cell carcinoma, resulted in a 100% cure rate in a hamster model.

The authors were already aware of a therapy known as ethanol ablation. If ethanol (the type of alcohol found in your favorite adult beverages) is injected into a tumor, it destroys proteins and causes the cells to dehydrate and die. Ethanol ablation is used to treat one type of liver cancer, and its success rate is similar to that of surgery. Better yet, it costs less than $5 per treatment.

Ethanol ablation faces several limitations. First, it only works well for tumors that are surrounded by a fibrous capsule. Second, it requires large amounts of ethanol, which can damage nearby tissue as it leaks out. And third, it requires multiple treatments.

To overcome these hurdles, the authors mixed ethanol with ethyl cellulose, creating a solution that when injected into the watery environment of a tumor turns into a gel, which remains close to the injection site. After they practiced injecting their solution into imitation tumors (what they called "mechanical phantoms"), the authors turned to a hamster model.

The team induced the formation of oral cancer (specifically, squamous cell carcinoma) in hamster cheek pouches by rubbing them with a carcinogen called DMBA. After about 22 weeks, tumors (without capsules) formed.

In the control group, tumors were injected with pure ethanol. The results were not good. After seven days, 0 of 5 tumors regressed completely. (Tumors injected with a large amount of ethanol -- four times the volume of the original tumor -- performed better: 4 of 12 regressed completely.) The results for the ethanol gel were far superior. After seven days, 6 of 7 tumors regressed completely. (By the eighth day, all 7 tumors were gone, for a cure rate of 100%.)

As merely a proof-of-concept in an animal model with small sample sizes, obviously more work needs to be done. Still, the results are incredibly promising. The team's findings suggest that merely a single injection of their special ethanol-based gel may be sufficient to cure certain types of tumors. They believe their technique may be applicable to some breast cancers and cervical precancerous lesions.

Furthermore, any technological advances that result from the team's research will have applicability not only to the developing world but to the developed one, as well.

Source: Robert Morhard, et al. "Development of enhanced ethanol ablation as an alternative to surgery in treatment of superficial solid tumors." Scientific Reports 7, Article number: 8750. Published: 18-Aug-2017. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-09371-2
    Last edited by Elen, 22nd August 2018 at 14:46.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (22nd August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    God that's gross looking! I can't imagine what I look like inside! ARGH!!!!

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (22nd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    God that's gross looking! I can't imagine what I look like inside! ARGH!!!!
    I'm sorry if it upset you Brook...I'll edit out the pics now.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (22nd August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post
    I'm sorry if it upset you Brook...I'll edit out the pics now.
    No worries....it did not upset me..but it is gross....yuck!

I've been seeing much worse lately in my search to discover a cure. You can put it back if you want...and I may even add some in this search of mine. So don't sweat it!

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (22nd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    No worries....it did not upset me..but it is gross....yuck!

I've been seeing much worse lately in my search to discover a cure. You can put it back if you want...and I may even add some in this search of mine. So don't sweat it!
    Please believe this: I DO NOT WANT TO UPSET YOU! So thank you.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Here is what the device they used looks like...I do hope it's not too large for viewing...

And here is the company that manufactures it: http://therabionic.com/overview.html

Hopes rise for new cancer treatment after tests with electromagnetism
    Early trials on patients with advanced liver cancer show low-level fields could shrink tumours

Scientists have used low-intensity electromagnetic fields to treat cancer patients in trials which they say could lead to the development of a new type of anti-tumour therapy.

Patients hold a spoon-shaped antenna in their mouths to deliver a very low-intensity electromagnetic field in their bodies. In trials of patients with advanced liver cancer, the therapy – given three times a day – resulted in long-term survival for a small number of those monitored, the team has reported in the British Journal of Cancer. Their tumours shrank, while healthy cells in surrounding tissue were unaffected.

However, the scientists – from the US, Brazil, France and Switzerland – also stressed that the technique was still in its infancy and would require several years for further trials to take place. "This is a truly novel technique," said the team's leader, Professor Boris Pasche of the University of Alabama, Birmingham. "It is innocuous, can be tolerated for long periods of time, and could be used in combination with other therapies."

Pasche added that he had obtained permission from the US Food and Drug Administration to carry out trials on large groups of patients and was talking to companies in the US, Asia, South America, Russia and Europe about raising funds for future research.

In 2009, Pasche and his colleagues published results in the Journal of Experimental and Clinical Cancer Research which showed that low-level electromagnetic fields at precise frequencies – ranging from 0.1Hz to 114kHz – halted cancer cell growth in small numbers of patients. Different cancers responded to electromagnetic fields of different frequencies. Cells in surrounding, healthy tissue were unaffected.

The exact mechanism for this process was not explained in the paper. However, results of recent experiments by the team – using cancer cell cultures in the laboratory and published in the British Journal of Cancer – suggest that low-level electromagnetic fields interfere with the activity of genes in cancer cells. In specific cases, this affected the ability of cancer cells to grow and divide. The spread of tumours halted and in some cases they began to shrink.

"This is extremely exciting," said Pasche. "We think the technique could also be used to treat breast tumours and possibly other forms of cancer."

The use of electromagnetic fields was also welcomed, cautiously, by Eleanor Barrie of Cancer Research UK: "This research shows how specific low frequencies of electromagnetic radiation can slow the growth of cancer cells in the lab. It's still unclear why the cancer cells respond in this way, and it's not yet clear if this approach could help patients, but it's an interesting example of how researchers are working to find new ways to home in on cancer cells while leaving healthy cells unharmed."

The use of electromagnetic fields to treat tumours may seem surprising given recent controversy over claims that fields generated by mobile phones and electricity pylons can trigger cancers and leukaemia. However, Pasche stressed that the intensity of the fields used in his team's experiments were between 100 and 1,000 times lower than those from a mobile phone. "In any case, the evidence produced from major studies of users of these phones does not suggest there is a clearly identifiable risk posed by these electromagnetic fields," he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/...ld-stop-cancer
    this pdf mentions therabionic

file:///C:/Users/User/Downloads/elec...apyaprimer.pdf

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (22nd August 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    I don't mean to crash your thread but I do think that this is germaine.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1xoLmiPjmc

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (22nd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (22nd August 2018)

Thanks
    No worries Maggie...I look forward to hearing the vid. It's along the lines I seem to be leaning here and fits.

I also got a bit sidelined today for personal reasons and this will actually be good for me to watch and get mind off the day I've had.

Thank you!

I haven't had a chance yet to check it...but noticed you have a thread titled:

Pulsed-ElectroMagnetic-Field-Therapy

https://jandeane81.com/showthread.ph...-Field-Therapy

Would that be along the same lines as what I've been working on here?
    Last edited by Shadowself, 22nd August 2018 at 23:28.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    I have a friend who is not on any forums and has seen this thread of information and she writes:

Because the FDA and big pharma do not want cures. They would rather treat you with very expensive drugs that don't provide a cure but will keep you alive long enough for them to profit immensely off your cancer and keeping it at bay. To cure you that easily would mean there is no profit in medicine.

Something tells me though that they will not be able to hide or get rid of these technologies as it is the future. Resonance physics cannot be hidden.
    ~

Also...the thought occurred to me they've been using ultrasound for awhile now for kidney stones....it blasts/shatters them apart with sound for easier passing. Of course these tumors are not calcified but the frequency in the one video I posted where the two tones of the 11th harmonic and watching them blister was amazing! This I don't understand why they are not using this like in my case where I had a short time before my airway was becoming blocked. You would think that would be their first line of defence for a situation like that. But for me it was chemo and the progression of the drug to shrink it. What does someone do when they cannot take the chemo?

I've seen several people in that lung cancer group I joined where they simply cannot tolerate the chemo in any way shape or form. Many of them end up with very adverse reactions. I suppose I've been lucky as my reactions have been pretty much the norm and even though I could not tolerate the full dose I was able to tolerate the lower dose and it did it's job shrinking that big tumor.

I just don't get why they are not using this more often and why it's not been publicized more in the medical news.

Seems pretty strange if you ask me!
    Last edited by Shadowself, 22nd August 2018 at 23:26.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Upon further searching sound and healing this morning...

HistoSonics’ unique histotripsy platform will fundamentally change the nature of surgery. Histotripsy uses the mechanical (not thermal) properties of focused ultrasound to precisely destroy targeted tissues without damaging surrounding tissue or structures.

Christine is the CEO of Histosonics, a life sciences startup based in Ann Arbor. HistoSonics is leading the coming revolution in histotripsy, a non-invasive, non-thermal surgery that will reduce patient trauma and healthcare costs across multiple indications.

~

Researchers from the University of Michigan (U-M) and the University of Wisconsin (U-W) will present exciting results of preclinical studies, done in collaboration with HistoSonics, at the World Conference on Interventional Oncology (WCIO) in Boston, MA this week.

Four presentations about HistoSonics’ Robotically Assisted Sonic Therapy (RAST™), as well as the underlying science (known as histotripsy), will be presented:

· The University of Wisconsin’s Amanda Smolock, MD, PhD, will discuss recently completed preclinical research, sponsored by HistoSonics, in her talk “Robotically Assisted Sonic Therapy (RAST) for Non-Invasive Liver Ablation in a Porcine Animal Model,” highlighting the potential future role for RAST in interventional oncology (IO).

Now in its twelfth year, WCIO was created to “establish, nurture and support interventional oncology (IO) as the fourth pillar of cancer therapy alongside medical, surgical and radiation oncology worldwide,” according to WCIO Chair Jeff Geschwind, MD. The planned presentations to leading interventional oncologists and others in the IO community will help lay the groundwork for RAST’s future use in treating a wide range of soft tissue tumors, including liver, kidney, pancreas and brain.

Our mission is to develop a new platform in cancer care that is non-invasive, requiring no needles or incisions, is extremely effective and precise, provides for quick recovery and minimal disruption to the patient’s life, and is affordable for all,” said Mr. Blue. “Worldwide, cancer has the biggest economic impact of any cause of death, and together with the IO community, we are confident that we can make a difference.”

Commenting on the presentations, HistoSonics’ Senior Medical Advisor and ablation thought leader Dr. Fred Lee added, “The pre-clinical work presented on RAST at this year’s WCIO offers great promise for the future of this new platform. The potential of a non-invasive modality that can deliver the types of ablations we are seeing in the animal lab is extremely exciting.”

http://www.histosonics.com/category/News/

It uses focused sound energy to treat diseased tissue non-invasively. The mechanical aspect of this focus sound allows us to make the treatment area very precise," says Gibbons. "We believe it will be attractive to clinicians because it can be visualized in real time with an ultrasound or MRI, and will address a significant unmet clinical need."

The investment will help advance clinical trials of the company’s Robotic Assisted Sonic Therapy, an innovative tissue-destruction technology used to treat liver cancer and other solid tumor applications.

http://www.dbusiness.com/daily-news/...ts-Raises-83M/
    Last edited by Shadowself, 23rd August 2018 at 12:29.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Shadowself: "I just don't get why they are not using this more often and why it's not been publicized more in the medical news.

Seems pretty strange if you ask me!"

Pharmaceutical companies and NHS, for instance, work closely. Patient list buildups pleases them, patient lists grow, never reduce, especially in the areas of cancer, alzheimers, strokes. NHS frowns on alternative therapies, they promote them very rarely.

A few years ago, I couldn't walk very far, and every 5 minutes I would have to stop for a while before continuing. I cured myself by using omega 3, hawthorn berries and gingko biloba. I have been walking like a trooper ever since, although it took me a while to achieve.

I used to run the nerve conduction clinic at Hammersmith Hospital and told a patient who attended, suffering from the same condition as me, and told her about the remedy, and got into trouble for so doing.

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    Shadowself: "I just don't get why they are not using this more often and why it's not been publicized more in the medical news.

Seems pretty strange if you ask me!"

Pharmaceutical companies and NHS, for instance, work closely. Patient list buildups pleases them, patient lists grow, never reduce, especially in the areas of cancer, alzheimers, strokes. NHS frowns on alternative therapies, they promote them very rarely.

A few years ago, I couldn't walk very far, and every 5 minutes I would have to stop for a while before continuing. I cured myself by using omega 3, hawthorn berries and gingko biloba. I have been walking like a trooper ever since, although it took me a while to achieve.

I used to run the nerve conduction clinic at Hammersmith Hospital and told a patient who attended, suffering from the same condition as me, and told her about the remedy, and got into trouble for so doing.
    I know...I'm perplexed too. It seems to work quite well in fact. Less invasive...less dangerous...and more effective!

WTF eh?

On a side note; after years of donning sunglasses I have finally decided to change my avatar! Now I just have geeky glasses....LOL I used that in my fundraiser and kind of liked it because it reminded me of my first bulldog Spike when he was a puppy. That of course was Christmas with the tree behind us. I was really happy at that time and I want to be happy again...so change is the way to make that happen! I'm going to make many changes for the better here and my avatar is a start!

Another funny thing about the new avatar....at the time I was working two jobs...receptionist during the day and cocktail waitress in the evening...I did not have a car so I took the bus everywhere including work...and I was going to college on the off evenings I was not working. Fun times...hard work but worth it as I also was a single mother with two children at the time....I was still very happy!

Should I tell you where I got those sunglasses I used to wear?

Name:  glasses.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  85.1 KB
    Last edited by Shadowself, 23rd August 2018 at 13:29.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (23rd August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Chris (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    i suspected as much!!
    Last edited by palooka's revenge, 23rd August 2018 at 16:06.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (23rd August 2018)

Retired Member Norway
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    Shadowself: A few years ago, I couldn't walk very far, and every 5 minutes I would have to stop for a while before continuing. I cured myself by using omega 3, hawthorn berries and gingko biloba. I have been walking like a trooper ever since, although it took me a while to achieve.

That explains a thing or two, Kathy! I'll get in touch with you soon.

Should I tell you where I got those sunglasses I used to wear?

Name:  glasses.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  85.1 KB
    PLEASE DO!

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Elen For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018), Shadowself (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Elen View Post

PLEASE DO!

Really? Don't forget....You asked...

Here ya go....the first time....well this was after the drop off:

After that I became quite popular among the aliens:

They finally gave me my sunglasses for further contact.....LOL

Last edited by Shadowself, 23rd August 2018 at 17:39.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (23rd August 2018), Elen (23rd August 2018), Kathy (23rd August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)