Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Louv

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    U.S. is part of the plan.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dumpster Diver View Post
    I ran into John Dee from a totally different direction: investigation of the timeline that resulted in the USA. There had to have been a magician that connected all this, as the roots of the US is directly tied to the Tudors and their establishment of New World colonies. Flipped a few rocks and there was John Dee.

I’ve now bought the book:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/16...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And have started reading it.
    I would agree John Dee is an under a rock kinda critter. Good work ethic applied to all kinds of fuckery.

Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Jason was on Duncan Trussell's show.

Also...The legendary Stephen Edred Flowers talks magick, Icelandic sorcery, the runes and the Northern Tradition!

This interview with this Flowers fellow was very thought provoking. I particularly liked his definition of 'evil' as a condition of excess or deficiency that creates misery.
    Last edited by modwiz, 2nd September 2018 at 07:13.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanks, ModRad. Your experience and knowledge give weight to your comments and are appreciated.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018), modwiz (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    John Dee was guided by angels. I don't personally want to dis angels. I'm beginning to think that they're trouble. But maybe it's just the fallen ones. Or maybe they're not angels at all and just posing.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018), modwiz (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    I found some other quotes from shaberon as part of a discussion of John Dee. The first is my favorite.

The real method--and I forget who I'm quoting here--is "To do good by stealth and blush at its discovery"
    The major hand serving as the repository for all the church tried to crush is the Druze.
    Once the genie was out of the bottle, magic became incredibly popular for centuries; this is why Natural Philosophy was crippled and converted into the materialistic science of dead matter, to try to get rid of it again. There, you see the culmination of the original battle between the school of Plato (Natural Philosophy) and Aristotle (dead matter). Throughout the whole ordeal, it has always been basically the followers of Aristotle who implement all the programs that mislead man, and attempt to reduce him to an idiot if not an outright beast. You find this exactly repeated from the time of Alexander the Great up to the Age of Science, with all of today's oppressive economical systems being Aristotelian. It's simple, but confusing to most people who want to "blame the Jews for everything", or have been too subjected to church or science dogma to be able to find their way out.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    how about that...I can actually wholeheartedly agree with that last statement...

Not to sound as a devotee of the absurd: the wordplayers of the world...I think 'magic/magick' arguments are semantic. They are made to sound esoteric for social affect only, beyond that and beyond the issue of 'good vs evil' they are meaningless.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    This is from an article written by Jason regarding his John Dee book:

Further, it is my contention that the angelic system of John Dee and Edward Kelly has been the central core of the Western Esoteric Tradition in its post-Renaissance form and has been at the heart of Rosicrucianism, Scottish Rite Freemasonry, the Golden Dawn, and Thelema – and, through Thelema, of modern occultural movements like Satanism and witchcraft. These religious subcultures, in the final summation, do not exist in opposition to mainstream Protestantism but are, instead, its esoteric component – in some cases affirming and upholding its theology by acting as its shadow. Therefore, Dee and Kelly’s system has played an invisible but central role in the last five hundred years of Western history.
    Though the adepts of this tradition, of which I have taken Dee as an exemplar, have been small in number and marginalized in official history, it is my contention that the experimental world of the occult and its attendant secret societies in many ways represents the “research and development wing” of Western civilization, in which new political, social, and religious models are proposed and tested, often finding wider purchase in society through the efforts of artists and political radicals that fall under the sway of such ideas. The influence of Freemasonry on the American and French revolutions is a primary example.
    However, I must distinctly resist any conspiratorial read of this history. The Western Esoteric Tradition has mostly been only sporadically organized, with groups often working in isolation from or even at cross purposes to each other; one would struggle to find core dogmas for the Western tradition, as its ideals and praxis shift significantly between groups and individual practitioners. Even when it does involve large organized groups, like Freemasonry, the history of the Western tradition is still less one of group efforts, let alone large-scale religious revivals, as it is of ideas passing between individual or small collectives of intellectuals, often at a distance of centuries.
    These thinkers – such as Dee, Newton, Crowley, and many more – have in turn exercised massive influence on the wider culture, often in oblique and non-intuitive ways. A useful and not altogether unconnected parallel can be drawn with Western philosophers like Kant, Nietzsche, and Schopenhauer, who often lived marginal, secluded, and outwardly even feeble lives, yet whose intellectual work caused irreversible and undeniable sea changes in Western civilization, often after their deaths. These changes were not effected by organized conspiracies but by the power of new ideas to rapidly spread between minds and upend entire cultures in the process.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    yup...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 41,242 Times in 6,698 Posts
    This is from an article written by Jason regarding his John Dee book:
    Further, it is my contention that the angelic system of John Dee and Edward Kelly has been the central core of the Western Esoteric Tradition in its post-Renaissance form and has been at the heart of Rosicrucianism, Scottish Rite Freemasonry, the Golden Dawn, and Thelema – and, through Thelema, of modern occultural movements like Satanism and witchcraft. These religious subcultures, in the final summation, do not exist in opposition to mainstream Protestantism but are, instead, its esoteric component – in some cases affirming and upholding its theology by acting as its shadow. Therefore, Dee and Kelly’s system has played an invisible but central role in the last five hundred years of Western history.
    There is quite a lot to 'unpack' in this quote from Jason. Especially in the occult systems that derive from 'power from above'. All have their origins in Judeo-Christian theology sprinkled with corrupted interpretations of the Wisdom from the ancient Mystery (My Story/Our Story) Schools. Modern mystery schools were replacements, insertions, into the Wisdom of our Pagan ancestors. Roman polytheists were the one who coined the tern pagan, from pagani, and it referred to simple rustic Nature worshipers, as apart from the organized planetary god(s) state religions. Or, sky gods. Hence, As Above, So Below. The Library of Alexandria was burnt after removal of the most important documents. Many hidden away underground in the Vatican precinct. Records of a culture and people before revelations in a Middle Eastern desert.

The Newearth series of videos posted the the "Survivors" thread here at TOT offers much to ponder in this line of thought. The falsified timeline of the ancient world is central to the research offered by Anatoly Fomenko. Max Igan has also been addressing the false timeline in between his rants about the control systems and how they only exist because of our participation and belief in their necessity.

Before the introduction of a 'heaven' there was reverence for our ancestors who had built what we enjoyed in the present. We sought their counsel and not that of angels and ascended 'masters'. Such 'masters' and angels are a huge focus in Western occult traditions. Our ancestors had no angels in their understanding of an Earth they had lived on for millennia before 'revelations' and The Law.
    Last edited by modwiz, 2nd September 2018 at 21:43.
    "To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize" -- Voltaire

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."-- Eleanor Roosevelt

"Misery loves company. Wisdom has to look for it." -- Anonymous

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to modwiz For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    Excellent point, Modwiz. I'm thinking again of Lobo Blanco Wayna-Pacha and his talk of the luminous beings that appear to teach us but really want to consume our energy.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (3rd September 2018), Aragorn (3rd September 2018), Dumpster Diver (3rd September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2018), modwiz (3rd September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    John Dee was guided by angels. I don't personally want to dis angels. I'm beginning to think that they're trouble. But maybe it's just the fallen ones. Or maybe they're not angels at all and just posing.
    ...or Agarthians posing as angels...or perhaps Agarthians are angels.

Wizzy: “I would agree John Dee is an under a rock kinda critter. Good work ethic applied to all kinds of fuckery.”

I like the way Wizzy’s “fuckery” word just rolls off the tongue...
    Last edited by Dumpster Diver, 3rd September 2018 at 17:52.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (3rd September 2018), Dreamtimer (4th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (3rd September 2018), modwiz (3rd September 2018)

Thanks
    Jason's intro is very wise and speaks to much of what this community is concerned about.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th September 2018), Elen (29th September 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th September 2018)

Thanks
    I want to link to this podcast. It's about basic magic practice and I found it interesting and useful.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (18th October 2018), Elen (18th October 2018)

Thanks
    Angels are mathematical, according to Jason.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2019), Kathy (24th March 2019)

Thanks
    At 14 minutes he's talking about buddhist mindfulness and how deep and strenuous the real work can be. He's very nice when he says that he doesn't think the average person has the attention span.

He says that the average western person has an attention span of eight seconds.

In comparison, a goldfish averages nine seconds.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (23rd March 2019), Kathy (24th March 2019)