Thread: Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts

Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy

My dog has been having back issues. I have taken her to see an alternative vet. It seems Megan my dog has a spinal issue and something called wobblers syndrome. The vet recommended PEMF therapy. So i have been researching this area. I found one device that is very reasonable and which has been available for several years Bio Medici Magnetic Pulser. It is actually mild application but I think may be very effective? I think it is very attractive. This is the Bio Medici Magnetic Pulser. Dr.Wolfgang Ludwig is the inventor and I bought it $169.00 USD from Biotransmed Innovative Products Ltd.

Bioinformative Medicine
    The expression “bioinformative medicine“ originated from Dr. W. Ludwig® who collected the results of his
    more than 30 years research and development work in his book of reference entitled “Informative
    medicine“ (1999, only available in German)
    “Bioinformative medicine“ refers to the transmission of bioinformative energy by means of a soft pulsating
    magnetic-field with the aim of improving intra and extra cellular regulation.
    Specific frequency spectra from endogenous (body’s own) and exogenous (foreign) substrates /
    frequencies are known as bioinformation which cause the resonance phenomena necessary for
    communication between cells. This leads to a strengthening (refer in this connection to the well-known
    „initial change for the worst“) and thus to a so-called “feedback signal “.
    The immune system is specifically activated by this “feedback-signal“ which in turn results in a healing
    reaction. Information is the all-important factor in our universe and therefore also in our bodies and
    individual cells. Self-regulation processes are determined purely by the contents of the information which
    the cells receive through the body’s own communication network. However, the only information which can
    be effective is that which is capable of resonance. The same or similar structures or oscillatory patterns
    are required to cause this effect.
    Healing information has its greatest effect (i.e. resonance) when it is derived directly from nature (e.g.
    homeopathy, nosodes, Bach flower remedies, precious stones etc.) or is an exact replica of that occurring
    in nature such as from the AMS magnetic-field instruments with the three biological standards which were
    developed by Dr. Ludwig®. However, just simply generating electromagnetic frequencies is completely
    inadequate to cause biological resonance phenomena. Furthermore, a highly-complex electromagnetic
    therapy signal which possesses physiological quality characteristics (refer here to the biophysical and
    technical quality characteristics) and can be simultaneously modulated with endogenous and/or exogenous
    bioinformation is needed.http://www.magnetotherapy.de/fileadm...me_English.pdf
    During his research Dr.Ludwig came across the ancient Chinese teachings which state that Man needs two environmental signals: the YANG (masculine) signal from above and the YIN (feminine) signal from below. This description fits the relatively strong signal of the Schumann waves which are surrounding our planet by being YANG, and the weaker geomagnetic waves coming from below, from within the planet, being the YIN signal
    The Chinese teachings state that to achieve perfect health, both signals must be in balance. Dr. Ludwig found that this is indeed the case. He writes in his book `Informative Medizin' that research carried out by E.Jacobi at the University of Duesseldorf showed that the one sided use of Schumann wave (YANG) simulation without the geomagnetic signal (YIN) caused serious health problems. On the other hand, the absence of Schumann waves creates a similar situation. Professor R.Wever from the Max Planck Institute for Behavioural Physiology in Erling-Andechs, built an underground bunker which completely screened out magnetic fields. Student volunteers lived there for four weeks in this hermetically sealed environment. Professor Wever noted that the student's circadian rhythms diverged and that they suffered emotional distress and migraine headaches. When they were young and healthy, no serious health conditions arose, which would not have been the case with older people or people with a compromised immune system. After only a brief exposure to 7.83 Hz (the very frequency which had been screened out), the volunteers health stabilized again.
    The same complaints were reported by the first astronauts and cosmonauts, who, out in space, also were no longer exposed to the Schumann waves. Now modern spacecrafts contain a magnetic pulser which simulates the Schumann waves.
    All the aforesaid points to the fact that the ancient teachings are correct. Mankind depends on two subtle environmental signals, the Yin from below and the Yang from above.http://www.magneticpulser.us/Dr_Ludw...tic_Thera.html
    Q: What is the fundamental principle behind the Pulsed Magnetic Field Therapy of the Bio Medici Magnetic Pulser?
    A: The principle is to apply the appropriate stimulation, therefore helping the body to heal itself. It is not just the symptoms, such as pain and other health complaints, but the very source of these problems, the illness itself that could be alleviated or eliminated by this therapy. The biomagnetic pulses activate the cellular metabolism; at the same time, the cells are supplied with more oxygen. This in turn is necessary to achieve improved blood flow throughout the entire body and the organism is supplied with more energy, so that the self-healing forces of the body are stimulated and the body's own biological signals are reinforced. The immune system is activated and strengthened. In this way, the psyche, spirit and body of the person can all be simultaneously regenerated and/or rejuvenated.http://www.magneticpulser.bio/Magnet...ons_and_A.html
    After receiving the Bio Medici magnetic pulser devices, which I ordered, I have been testing them out for the last few weeks on a medical and scientific basis. Here is my first short report on the subject:

The devices do indeed provide relief, as described in the accompanying literature - they are particularly helpful in treating pain, rheumatoid complaints, muscle tension, including muscle overstressed by sports activity.
    I also noticed that, in most cases, applying the Bio Medici directly to the solar plexus, the sacrum and the upper and lower extremities is particularly effective.
    In the case of complaints affecting the region of the head and the upper body (including shoulders and arms), a combination of application points should be used, starting for example with the solar plexus, followed by treatment to the lower part of the nape of the neck. The success achieved in this way is very satisfactory.

After carrying out treatment for the least 20 minutes, many of the symptoms cleared up completely. It is true to say that the condition of most of the patients was very much improved and they reported that they felt in some way “refreshed”.

Using sequences of different switch settings, good success was achieved after shorter periods of treatment.

The Bio Medici thus offers excellent opportunities not only for relieving pain but also for achieving lasting freedom from pain.

The device can be highly recommended for use not only by ordinary people who engage in sports, but also by professional sportsmen and athletes.

For example, at a setting of switch 7 and above, it was found that the entire body was invigorated and strengthened, and in some people this created a kind of” high”, or they felt “sure of success”, more confident and charged with energy. There is no doubt that the treatment has a positive psychosomatic influence.

After ten minutes of this treatment on the sacrum and a further ten minutes on the solar plexus, I detected an elevated adrenaline level in myself and in my patients; we are also hyper-alert and cheerful.

Summarizing, I can say already, that the Bio Medici is a very impressive therapeutic device and by far the best that I have tested .

I will let you have further test result and reports in the next months.
    Yours truly,
    O. Alexi M.D.
    PEMF Explained
    PEMF is short for Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Fields and this website offers you the key to understand in an easy way what is behind PEMF devices and specifications.

PEMF is also called Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field Therapy or PEMFT.

There is a lot of confusing information about PEMF on the internet. This makes it very difficult for a non-technical person who is interested in purchasing a PEMF device or PEMF machine to compare between the different devices and machines available on the market.

The purpose of this website is not to give background information on PEMF therapy itself, but to explain the technology behind pulsed electromagnetic fields in order to assist non-expert people to understand which features of the devices are really important and how they will work best for you. https://www.pemf.tv/pemf-explained
    I listened to these videos. Bryant Meyers is talking about a mat but I think the box is the same principle. I also bought his book on amazon for a couple of dollars. Theni found pdf here;

https://irp-cdn.multiscreensite.com/...%20Element.pdf

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdPBCXUmIwA

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MzomaOl74nw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUUtyJ-Oobg

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y13CWwlMc98

Biography
    Bryant Meyers (B.S., M.A. Physics) is a bestselling author and leading expert in the field of PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field) therapy and energy medicine. Bryant is a former TV show host and former Physics/Math Professor at Central Michigan. For over 18 years Bryant has researched, tested, tried, and investigated over $500,000 worth of energy medicine devices, studying with many of the world's experts. He has personally helped thousands of people with energy medicine and PEMF therapy devices to achieve pain relief, better sleep, and overall better health. During the past 7 years, Bryant has dedicated his research to PEMF therapy because he feels it is THE most effective and best researched energy medicine device available today. Bryant's book, PEMF - The Fifth Element of Health was featured on the Brian Tracy Show that aired on ABC, NBC, CBS and Fox affiliates across the country.
    This is a famous proponent of PEMF

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTrCDdXyqko
    Last edited by Maggie, 14th August 2018 at 04:58.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (14th August 2018), Dreamtimer (14th August 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th August 2018), Elen (14th August 2018), Kathy (14th August 2018), Melidae (14th August 2018), modwiz (14th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Could this be related to the use of magnets?

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (14th August 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th August 2018), Elen (14th August 2018), Kathy (14th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Could this be related to the use of magnets?
    yes, but static versus pulsed

Magnetic fields can either be static or time-varying/pulsed. A static magnetic field is one in which no change in the flux density or intensity can be found over the time interval of use or measurement. In time-varying magnetic fields, flux density or intensity changes at one or more frequencies, usually greater than one cycle per second (Hertz).

If you have ever held two magnets in your hands, tried to force them together, and felt a resistance between them, then you have experienced a magnetic field. That type of magnetic field is “static” and comes from a permanent magnet. The magnet itself pulls on other magnetic materials, such as iron or nickel, and attracts or repels other magnets. Static magnetic fields also exist around electromagnets fed by direct current, one common example being the giant magnet used to move cars around in a junkyard.

In a therapeutic setting, static magnets are often used in bracelets, shoe inserts, necklaces, etc. to subtly influence the tissues that come in direct contact with the magnet and its static magnetic field.

The Earth’s magnetic field is important in considering magnetic therapy with static magnets. Since the overall background field of the planet averages 0.5 gauss and completely penetrates our body and atmosphere, any static magnet with field strength below this will not be expected to be active. The magnetic field strength of a static magnet decreases with distance from its surface, and once the field drops to or below the ambient background field strength of Earth, it will be no more effective in the tissues than the background field from that point and farther out.

Small static magnets are commonly used to stimulate the acupuncture Meridian system and for local superficial tissue actions. Acupuncture point magnets can vary in intensity from 500 Gauss to more than 3,000 Gauss. Regardless of intensity, it would not make sense to use static magnets over very deep acupuncture points. They should only be used over acupuncture points that are within 10mm of the skin surface.

With static magnets, a lot of information in books and online focuses on the differential effects of north or south polarity. There is virtually no good published scientific evidence supporting these claims—even less that has been peer-reviewed. North vs. South polarity is of minimal importance in guiding clinical practice, and is based on limited science. In any case, commercially available multipolar magnets make this argument irrelevant.

A time-varying electromagnetic field is not produced by a permanent magnet, but by moving or alternating current (AC) electricity. Electromagnetic fields, like static magnetic fields, influence the tissues they come into contact with. But electromagnetic fields are significantly more dynamic than static magnetic fields, and are able to reach more deeply into the body than static magnetic fields. Unlike static magnetic fields, electromagnetic fields induce electric charge in tissues, creating a cascade of physiologic effects on a sub-cellular level.

The nature of time-varied or pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs), means that they have a frequency in addition to an intensity. The frequency and associated wavelength of a PEMF means that it will completely penetrate the volume of the body, going way beyond any local application even at extremely low intensities.

The Ca2+/Calmodulin-dependent myosin phosphorylation system – that is, the biochemistry that makes muscles work better and relax better—has been extensively studied with both static and pulsed/time-varying magnetic fields. A comparison of typical results shows that a 450 Gauss static field (measured at the tissue, and not the reported field strength of the magnet itself) and a 0.2 Gauss (20 microTesla) pulsed field both accelerate phosphorylation (a process which helps turn “on” and “off” many enzymes and other cellular processes) by nearly twofold. This process stimulates the production of ATP in all cells, not just muscle cells. Similar behavior has been obtained for nerve cell growth, which increased about twofold with both static and pulsed signals.

The differences between static and pulsed magnetic field systems and approaches must be better demonstrated. For the moment, Dr. Pawluk continues to use static magnets for acupuncture and reflex systems and local superficial tissue actions. Otherwise, they are useful for him as a second cousin to PEMFs in the overall value expected and his goals for better overall health. https://www.drpawluk.com/education/m...gnetic-fields/

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (14th August 2018), Dreamtimer (14th August 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th August 2018), Elen (15th August 2018), Kathy (14th August 2018)

Thanks
    PEMF is IMO an application of vibrational medicine. The Spin (constant movement, change versus becoming immobile and static) IS our responsibility whether we understand it or are oblivious. If we learn how to cooperate with the Spin, we win.

I think that this understanding of applying vibration is embedded deep in the legacy of the ancient knowledge. I appreciate that Hakim was a master of the ancient wisdom.

Ancient Vibration Energy That is Beyond our Scope of Understanding

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELKb1TLgDYE

I found this VERY interesting. Paida is self administered pulses to the body.

What are the principles of Paida?

Paida/Inducing Sha = Elimination of the toxic waste in the body

1. Our skin is closely related to meridians (energy channels in the body). All diseases are caused by some kind of meridian blockage. Paida romoves blockage from the meridians.

2. Paida enhances one’s faith and power of the heart, stimulates and cleanses relevant meridians to facilitate the Qi flow. Smooth Qi flow will in turn help the circulation of blood. Clearing meridians could cure diseases.

3. The patted and slapped parts of the body will automatically gather Qi and blood, which then facilitates their circulation. As a toxin-sweeper, the enhanced Qi automatically scans the body to locate and cleanse the blocked meridians. As a result, toxic waste, illnesses and even tumors can be cleared.

4. From the perspective of Western medicine, Paida is a "proactive sabotage technique" that stimulates the central nervous system, which then activates energy and blood flow to help repair the damaged parts. This is a process of self-healing and rehabilitation, and enhances the body’s immune functions.

http://www.paidalajin.com/en/teachingView/145?type=2

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ocy_334qJlw

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6gZ6c1MfQY

Here are many videos about how it works

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5-...xPe2pgQ/videos
    Last edited by Maggie, 18th August 2018 at 07:15.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (18th August 2018), Dreamtimer (18th August 2018), Dumpster Diver (18th August 2018), Elen (18th August 2018), Kathy (18th August 2018)

Thanks
    DD gave me a great new source of information and a term biofield by posting the video from Eileen Day McKusick. The exciting news is making me feel better and better.

Here is a broad brush on the biofield and therapies

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK3YcCn3qSo

Electric You Electric Universe part 1

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfpBReSVaM8

part 2

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGXEfo0dYzw

Another from Eileen Day McKusick

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrlQXh4hWEA

Cultivating photonic density for health and vitality

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVqaRGpq_gc

All of these different views of looking at the same wave

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnrF_MKQwKg

Eileen Day McKusick uses particular tuning forks

The Tuning Forks Used in Biofield Tuning
    September 16, 2014
    By Eileen McKusick

In Biofield Tuning, as I currently practice it, I use just four tuning forks: two unweighted, 174 Hz and 528 Hz ; and two weighted, 62.64 Hz and 54.81 Hz. People often ask me why these particular forks, so this post is the explanation for that.

The short answer is that I have discovered that I can get the same outcomes using less forks than I was getting using far more forks and that of all the forks I have used, I like these best. Here is the long answer:

When I first started using tuning forks in 1996, I used an 8 piece Solar Harmonic Spectrum set, which is basically the C major scale. I used this set until 2007 when I got a 9 piece standard Solfeggio set. I was so enamored of the clear, crystalline tones of the Solfeggio set that I stopped using the C scale altogether for a while. Then I missed it and started using them both together, which I did through 2012.

When I started teaching in 2010, I had the opportunity to make use of some of the sets my students had including the Chakra set, the Fibonacci set, the Organ tuners, and the Endocrine set, and a few others besides. Somewhere around 2011 I created, with sound wizard Randy Masters, a custom set based on Sacred Geometry, and began to integrate that set into my practice as well. I also was using a 26 Hz weighted fork and a 111 Hz weighted fork (111 is the negative space between most of the Solfeggio frequencies). All in all I was using up to 30 or so forks in each session.

Over the last few years, I have been through some experiences with my forks that caused to me change the way I was working with them that resulted in a dramatic reduction of the number of forks I was using, 20140903_123713 (480x640)as well as a simplification of my technique.

One of the things was that I kept “breaking” my Solfeggio forks – not in half or anything that dramatic- rather, they started developing a sort of “buzz” in the overtones. It first started about 6 months after I got my first set : one day, the 174 Hz fork, which was my favorite and most-used fork, started sounding fuzzy and off. I found I couldn’t use it like that and sent it back to luminanti.com where I had purchased it. They sent it back to the manufacturer, Medivibe, who tested it and told me it was still 174 Hz (the buzz didn’t show up on their testing equipment) but they sent me a replacement anyway.

Well, about six months later, the same thing happened. And then it also started happening here and there with the other forks, particularly the UT, RE and MI forks. Medivibe told me “Our forks aren’t designed to be used the way you are using them”, and I had to resign myself to replacing them here and there, on average every 4-6 months.

Then, staring in December of 2012, something very odd started happening, that I still have no real explanation for. My 174 lasted only two months, then one month, then two weeks, then one week, until at the very end of that period, I was breaking them after only using them for a few hours. It was very strange and very stressful! The other forks also started “blowing out” with greater regularity as well.

I was actually forced to stop practicing because of it – which in hindsight was absolutely necessary because I was trying to see clients, teach classes, take care of two teenage boys, and write a book all at the same time! I had no choice but to fully focus on my book (along with teaching classes) for two months, which ended up being absolutely necessary in order to meet my deadline for the book. I taught four three day classes in this period and destroyed a fork in each one. Why and how was this happening? I still don’t have the answer to that question.

In my quest to solve my fork breaking problem, I purchased 174 Hz forks from just about every other manufacturer out there and found all of them to be pretty unusable for this particular process. I would definitely recommend that you NOT purchase cheap forks from India or China – these forks are made by pouring hot metal into a mold and are very poor quality. Other American-made forks were simply too “stiff”. Steel forks don’t produce overtones and that is what we work with in BT so those weren’t/aren’t an option.

When I went back to work after my manuscript was turned in, my forks settled into a routine of lasting about two months which was definitely better than five hours but still problematic. The thing was, I wasn’t the only sound balancer breaking forks, although I was the only one breaking them like this. A handful of students were also reporting their 174 forks going south on them. Fortunately, Todd Gardner, the CEO at Medivibe, decided to step up to the plate to help me out. He created a dozen forks of different alloys and gauges and sent them to me to experiment with. He also sent the same dozen to one of my students.

We used all of them (and broke just about all of them) and at the end of the experiment found that we both had the best results with the same fork- a higher quality, more stable alloy that had undergone a more rigorous manufacturing and balancing process. This particular alloy and process is what I sell here on my site – they are more expensive than other forks, but will last much longer and maintain integrity and clarity. They are also very well suited to the “combing” process of Biofield Tuning.

The reason why I use only two now and not the whole Solfeggio set is because when the forks were all breaking all the time, I often didn’t have a full set while I was waiting for replacements to arrive. Sometimes, I was down two, or even three forks from the whole set, and had to make do without them. Then, I developed a repetive stress injury from the way I activate tuning forks: striking a hockey puck that I hold in my left hand. After incorporating an earthing mat on my table, I found I had a lot more energy and went from doing 15-18 sessions a week to 20-25. This uptick was more than my left hand/arm wanted to deal with and it went on strike (or rather, off strike) – I developed pain in my hand, arm, neck and even jaw, pretty much out of the blue.

Fortunately I have many incredible bodyworking colleagues in this neck of the woods and I was able to get massage, acupuncture, sound work, and chiropractic which helped heal the pain- but I had to stop holding the puck and find another way to activate the fork. After trying a variety of other options, I ended up placing the puck on my rolling office chair and striking it on that, which worked fine for the 174 and the UT RE and MI forks, but I simply couldn’t get a good tone from the higher frequencies in the set, so I just gave up using them. And since at any given time the UT RE or MI forks might be broken, I just started using whichever one wasn’t.

Not only that, but now that I was dragging an office chair around with me, going back and forth from one side of the body, doing one side and then the other of each chakra, didn’t really work either. So I started just going around in a circle around the body, starting at one foot, working my way up one side, around the head, and then down the other.

What was interesting about this was that I was getting the same outcomes using just these two unweighted forks that I had been back when I was using 30. In fact, I could do a session with just the 174 and get the same outcomes. One fork, one motion (a circle) around the body. Breaking my forks, and then breaking my body, forced me to simplify dramatically. And now the method is actually much easier to do, and much much easier to teach.

The reason why I chose the MI (528 Hz) fork to be the second fork is because

It is a very pretty tone

It is a fork that some people already have due to its claims of repairing DNA (which I don’t necessarily believe)

It is the fork used in Sol Luckman’s DNA Potentiation process, which I think is important work and which dovetails nicely with this work

However I could have just as easily chosen the UT (396 Hz) or RE (417 Hz) forks to be the second one as well. So if you already have a full Solfeggio set, you can make use of any and all of the other frequencies in the set if you like. Comb and column first with the 174 and then follow in the same motion with the higher frequency. I describe it like using a comb to comb hair- first you go through with the end with the fat tines (the lower frequency), then you go through with the end with the skinny tines (the higher frequency).
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st August 2018 at 00:41.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (21st August 2018), Dreamtimer (21st August 2018), Elen (21st August 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st August 2018), Kathy (21st August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    What kind of dog Maggie...short long ones can have real problems...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (21st August 2018), Dreamtimer (21st August 2018), Elen (21st August 2018), Kathy (21st August 2018), Maggie (21st August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    What kind of dog Maggie...short long ones can have real problems...
    She is sort of like a beagle and is shortish and about 10 pounds too fat as she has been less active but LOVES to eat and steals the little doxiedog's food if she can.
    I just received the device I bought called a Pet patch. It is now in place at the area of her neck which is constricting the spinal cord. I am keeping all my intention on the PEMF helping. She has neck pain and loss of strength in her front legs.

This was Great review on amazon...

This was my first experience with a PEMF device (pulsed electromagnetic field). I had seen the Assisi Loop selling for almost $300 and figured I'd try the PetPatch for $30 first just to see what it's all about.

While I'm a total believer of the power of PEMF after reading up on it, the real question is WHICH DEVICE actually delivers? Different devices offer different frequencies and different intensities. And different ailments respond to different frequencies. So the hard part is trying to find the right device for your particular needs. For that reason alone, I do recommend you give this product try. It may or may not work for you, but it's fairly inexpensive and worth a shot. If it does work, it would be a bargain.

Just a note that I believe the PetPatch is identical to the Actipatch being sold on Amazon for less (why are all products marketed towards pets more expensive than the identical "human" version?!). You can also buy a 7-day trial version of the Actipatch for about $10 on Amazon.

I've been running the PetPatch virtually nonstop since I got it about a week ago, first on my dogs, then on myself. My initial reaction was that I didn't notice any difference and therefore originally rated the product 3 stars. After a couple more days of using it myself, I'm upping the rating to 4 stars because I'm starting to suspect it is helping the mild muscle tightness in my right shoulder, an off-and-on again problem resulting from mousework on the computer.

Did not work:
    - To noticeably lessen my dog's limp after running it for almost 24 hours on her lower back or about 18 hours on her shoulders. This is a chronic problem so I suspect it would require a significantly longer period of use (like months) to see any benefit, if any.

- To help with muscle tightness / soreness in my abductor (inner thigh) muscle from working out after wearing it for about 12 hours.

TIPS FOR PETS:
    I bought this for my dogs originally. In order to secure it to them for the 6 hours needed, I used a combination of vet wrap, string and plastic clips from KAMsnaps (20 KAMsnaps Lead-Tested Starter Pack 1" KAM Plastic Pacifier Clips / Suspender Clips for DIY Binky Paci Dummy Soother Toy Teething Ring Leash Bib Snap Holder Clip Snap). See attached photo.

I wrap the vet tape around my dog's body where I want to position the loop to create a strap around her body. Since I don't want to use new vet tape every time, I just use the same strip over and over with the KAM clip to secure it since the tape loses its stickiness after the first use. Depending where on the body, I might use 2 strips of vet tape.

I used string to tie a couple of the KAM clips to the loop. Since the clips are plastic, they won't interfere with the magnetic property like metal clips might.

Finally, I just clip the PetPatch to the vet wrap straps. Depending on the position, I might tuck the loop under a 2nd strap to hold it down. If the loop is going over the shoulder or anywhere near the neck, I'll clip the loop or a strap to the dog collar to better keep it in place.

This isn't fail-proof and does need periodic adjustment. But this does secure the loop enough so I can still take the dogs on walks and while they're sleeping. I doubt the loop is waterproof so if it's drizzling or raining outside, I make sure to always put a dog coat over them first.

COMPARISON TO ASSISI LOOP:
    So after buying this, I went ahead and got the Assisi Loop from a vet for $250 including CA sales tax, which was the best price I could find. Plus, unlike another vet office, they didn't make me pay for an exam first just to get it. I've attached a picture to show the size comparison. The PetPatch looks like a toy next to it. For a further visual, the PetPatch can probably go over the head of a small chihuahua, whereas the Assisi can easily go over my 70-lb dog's head. The PetPatch is less than half the circumference and the coil is significantly thinner, almost string-like, which means the power is bound to be much much MUCH less, as well as the reach.

A session with the PetPatch takes 6 hours. A session with the Assisi Loop (and most other PEMF devices starting in the $300 range) takes only 15 minutes. That alone should really give you an idea of just how weak the PetPatch is. Both devices can be placed directly on the skin. I use the method described above with clips and vet tape to secure the Assisi in the same way I do the PetPatch.

The Assisi Loop automatically shuts off after 15 minutes, and they note that you should wait 2 hours before using it again to give the battery a chance to recharge. That's a hassle if you want to run the device for long periods because you have to constantly check the time. But in this way, you should be able to get 150 sessions ideally from the battery. After the battery dies, the loop is no good and you need a new one.

The Petpatch says it can run for 720 hours. At 6 hours per session, that's 120 sessions. I suspect that giving it a rest between sessions would also help to keep the battery from draining more quickly, though the instructions don't say anything about that. Again, after the battery dies, the device is throwaway.

I've only had the Assisi Loop for a few days as well. The instructions say it takes about 6-8 weeks to notice any difference if you're using it 3-4 times on the same spot every single time. So, like the PetPatch, there really hasn't been sufficient time yet.

ABOUT PEMF AND OTHER DEVICES:
    After getting the Assisi Loop, I started doing a lot more research on PEMF. It was a technology that started with NASA. I'm a science dunce so I may get this wrong, but basically, the cells in your body have magnetic fields. The coils from the PEMF device emit magnetic charges that result in the cells in your body circulating. This helps with inflammation and regeneration. It's not fully understood HOW/WHY it works but many studies have shown that PEMF does help with a wide range of ailments including chronic pain, glaucoma, depression, headaches, anxiety, sleep, relaxation, energy, and the list goes on and on. The trick is finding the right device for your particular ailment and sensitivities, since different devices have different frequencies, intensities and other specifications.

Dr. Pawluk is a leading physician who's basically dedicated a large part of his life to educating about PEMF. Check out his website for an incredible amount of information. He uses it himself and also sells a bunch of devices ranging from the hundreds $ to the tens of thousands $$$$.

I ended up buying 2 more PEMF devices, but they haven't arrived yet. I can't offer any review on them since I haven't tried them yet, but they are the Micro-Pulse A9 ($379 after coupon) and the Almag 01 ($440 after discount). Neither are "disposable" the way these loop versions are and both are much more powerful, so for the price, I'd choose them over the Assisi Loop, which is $250-$350. Each have their own pros and cons, which I won't go into here but definitely recommend you read up on them if you're interested in a more powerful, long term device that is still in the lower price range comparatively.

I don't really understand the following technical specs but provide it for those who may:

PetPatch: 27.1 MHz RF shortwave at 1 KHz using 100 microsecond pulses

Assisi: twice-per-second, 2-millisecond burst of a 27.12 Megahertz radio wavesignal with an amplitude of 4 microtesla (according to Assisi)

Micro-pulse: a single program which cycles through 2 frequencies – 10 Hz and 100 Hz, There are 4 intensity levels – L (low), M (medium), H (high), and X (extra). Maximum intensity (level X) is 200 gauss (20,000 microTesla) (according to Dr. Pawluk's site)

Almag 01: single frequency (7.8 Hz) at a relatively high intensity of 200 gauss (20,000 microTesla) (according to Dr. Pawluk's site)
    https://www.amazon.com/HealFast-Ther...pet+patch+loop

acti patch and pet patch are the same

Low Price Low Power

Though it is a low powered unit the ActiPatch is a drug-free micro medical device that uses pulsed shortwave therapy to reduce pain and inflammation. Previously, this safe and effective therapy was only available in clinics and hospitals. This new micro device provides extended duration treatment that metabolically stimulates the injured cells to push them through the inflammation and pain phase of healing. The ActiPatch is extremely safe and comfortable to wear. The low-level current that is gently pulsed into damaged tissue is not discernible, even though the device is continuously working to speed up the natural healing process.

A major benefit of the ActiPatch (or any device utilizing microcurrent or PEMF technology) is that it is completely drug-free. Any pain reliever, whether prescribed or over-the-counter, has potential side effects and potential negative impact on a person’s life performance. Pain relievers may cause complications with other medications or worsen a user’s other conditions, such as high blood pressure or diabetes, because they affect the whole body, not just the targeted injured areas.

One of the best things about this device is its price. For only $30 one literally gets 720 hours of pain-relieving, inflammation-reducing therapy by a real medical device. That’s the price for most of the world, but for Americans I am sorry to say it’s not available except for similar products sold to surgeons, the prices for consumers start at over $200 for very similar devices to this 30 dollar patch.

One promising lower cost but higher powered units is this PainSolv machine for $200 dollars. This technology enables patients to administer their own treatment and that has to be one of most important healthcare strategies. More and more patients are looking to non-pharmacological pain management techniques to aid their recovery experience. Pulsing electromagnetic field therapy does not interact with medications but will act in synergy with natural substances that are also life-giving instead of life-destroying, which most pharmaceuticals are, especially those designed for inflammation and pain.

Doctors commonly prescribe medications to help patients manage their discomfort and swelling, but common painkillers have unpleasant side effects such as nausea, dizziness, fatigue, confusion, diarrhea and flu-like symptoms.

The ActiPatch is designed to be applied to and treat the immediate area that is injured or swollen. Because there are no known side effects and the patch itself has a low profile once applied, it won’t interfere with your daily life while providing pain relief. Since the ActiPatch is most effective on soft tissue injuries, it is ideal for treatment of common injuries. People suffering from sore backs, sore shoulders, or tennis/ golfer’s elbow will all experience relief with this technology.

Most approaches to pain do not provide continuous therapy to solve inflammation. This type of technology offers a unique mechanism that shuts down the body’s inflammatory response, pushes tissues into a reparative phase through increasing the blood flow, and through signaling the cells to re-communicate and regroup.https://drsircus.com/cancer/pulsed-e...y-cancer-pain/
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st August 2018 at 01:09.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (21st August 2018), Dreamtimer (21st August 2018), Elen (21st August 2018), Emil El Zapato (21st August 2018), Kathy (21st August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    step stools may help for everyday activities...less physical stress...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (21st August 2018), Dreamtimer (21st August 2018), Elen (21st August 2018), Kathy (21st August 2018), Maggie (21st August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    step stools may help for everyday activities...less physical stress...
    Thanks for the suggestion.

I think google is really weird. One day some info comes up, another day other info. Lots came up today about the actipatch. The UK is using it now in NHS for pain issues. I found this great long PDF also.

http://www.newmedica.com.my/bioelectroceutical.pdf

Another new word bioelectroceutical. I am really glad I went for the pet patch over the $300 assissi device.

It came with a little bag for the device because I bought a jacket which won't work. It is really well made including being denim. It's too small. I taped the device on a stretchy T shirt and Megan is seeming to be completely OK with wearing the T shirt.

I am wholeheartedly recommending the actipatch. All who have pains, poor wound healing or acute injuries should test it!!

I have yet to receive the bio medici. I think it may be comparable to another device suggested to help with sleep (see my OP about the bio medici). It is hard to find the specs on these devices. The bio medici is extremely low voltage at 5 milligauss. This device below is .05 gauss so stronger. I think placing the PEMF over the brachial plexis is an interesting idea.

Somniresonance SR1 Deltasleeper device, which is a PEMF (Pulsed Electromagnetic Field Therapy) device for enhancing deep sleep
    https://bengreenfieldfitness.com/ben...emf-for-sleep/

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UP4ldKtoiZ8

Here is one review

I have been using the SR1 fairly regularly for about 3-months and I absolutely love it. In fact, I noticed a slight improvement in my sleep after just a couple of nights.

However, I have noticed something much weirder than just improved sleep. Anytime I use the SR1 I experience a strange sensation of time actually slowing down.

Or maybe it’s not that time is slowing down but that my sleep cycles are much more pronounced. According to sleep experts, we experience 4-to-6 sleep cycles a night with a typical cycle lasting about 90-mins.

When using the SR1 I find that I wake up much more during the night for brief periods. When I wake up I feel as if I had been asleep for many hours however the alarm clock informs me that I had only been sleeping for about 60-to-90 mins, which I now know is a typical sleep cycle.

While using the SR1 I have become much more aware of my sleep cycles. However anytime I find myself “waking up” after a sleep cycle I always feel refreshed and relaxed. In other words, I rarely experience that groggy feeling at night or even the next day.

In summary, even though I am more aware of my sleep cycles ending each night the SR1 has without a doubt improved my quality of sleep. And I recommend this device to anyone looking to improve his or her sleep quality!http://www.garettrenon.com/my-review...-sleep-device/
    Last edited by Maggie, 21st August 2018 at 03:22.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (7th December 2018), Aragorn (21st August 2018), Dreamtimer (21st August 2018), Elen (21st August 2018), Kathy (21st August 2018)