Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guns 4 Peace, Really

Thanks
    Thanked 35,447 Times in 10,157 Posts

Guns 4 Peace, Really

Never saw this side of this debate > https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-...h-blow-tyranny

Here's Why 3D-Printing Guns Are A Win For World Peace And A Potential Death Blow To Tyranny
    Profile picture for user Tyler Durden
    by Tyler Durden
    Sat, 08/04/2018 - 22:30
    SHARES
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Reddit
    Email
    Print

Authored by Matt Agorist via The Free Thought Project.

As the debate continues about whether or not 3D-printed firearm plans should be banned, even the ostensible pro-2nd Amendment folks are worried that shooting rampages will occur as a result of these plans being published online. But the reality is far different.

For generations, advocates of private gun ownership have been fighting exhaustively through political channels to protect their right to keep and bear arms. Gun owners even have one of the strongest lobby groups in Washington, the highly disappointing NRA. Yet over the years, gun rights continue to diminish in America, despite the constant political campaigns by the NRA and politicians that claim to support gun rights.

However, in the past few years, one guy with a good idea has managed to do more to protect gun rights than the NRA has in decades of political involvement. Cody Wilson is the founder of “Defense Distributed” and the “Wikiweapon” project, which allows anyone with a 3D printer to create their own untraceable gun in the privacy of their own home.

While alarmists claim that 3D-printed guns will be the end of humanity, the fact is that these plans have been online on torrent and dark web sites for years and we’ve yet to see a single person killed with one.

What’s more, as the gruesome murder-suicide on a college campus in Walnut Creek, California illustrates is that people don’t even need these plans if they want to make their own untraceable gun. Scott Bertics built the gun he used to shoot himself and Clare Orton without anyone knowing and entirely through legal measures.

Psychopaths who want to cause harm to others will cause harm to others using any means necessary. Limiting the ability for law-abiding citizens to protect themselves will never change this.

Wilson makes no secret that the intention behind distributing CAD files to create homemade guns is to make gun control measures obsolete and bolster the Second Amendment, which is under continual assault from anti-gun activists.

As Wilson explains, these files could be used to empower oppressed people all over the world who’ve been disarmed and ruled by criminals and warlords.

“We put a lot of world governments on notice, and I think that’s good in the history of the balance of power between sovereigns and subjects,” Wilson told the Brown Political Review.

From the Armenian Genocide to the Nazi Holocaust to “Black Gun Codes” in America: throughout history, societies who have been disarmed by their governments have given way to massive bloodshed. This is still the case today in countries who’ve turned in their guns.

Depending on the current government, life in disarmed societies can go on peacefully for a while. However, in some cases, citizens — men women and children — are slaughtered by the millions.

Even when gun control seems to work in the short term, the scapegoatists are never satisfied. As we are seeing in the United Kingdom, politicians are now going after knives as the “evil weapon” that no law-abiding citizen should ever need.

For those who don’t recall, the disarming of citizens took place in the US and was used as a means to slaughter blacks and Native Americans.

Perhaps the first known attempt at disarming citizens in the new world occurred in 1751 when the French Black code was enacted requiring colonists to “stop any blacks, and if necessary, beat any black carrying any potential weapon, such as a cane.”

This attempt to disarm blacks was repeated under United States’ rule 50 years later when the U.S. purchased the Louisiana territory. According to a paper published in the Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy:

When the first U. S. official arrived in New Orleans in 1803 to take charge of this new American possession, the planters sought to have the existing free black militia disarmed, and otherwise exclude “free blacks from positions in which they were required to bear arms,” including such non-military functions as slave-catching crews.

Upon the defeat of the confederacy in the Civil War, many southern states enacted “Black Codes” that barred the newly freed slaves from exercising their basic civil rights. One such example of these new laws was an act passed in the state of Mississippi that stated:

no freedman, free negro or mulatto, not in the military service of the United States government, and not licensed so to do by the board of police of his or her county, shall keep or carry fire-arms of any kind, or any ammunition, dirk or bowie knife, and on conviction thereof in the county court shall be punished by fine

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (11th August 2018), Dreamtimer (11th August 2018), Elen (12th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th August 2018), Fred Steeves (24th August 2018), Kathy (11th August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,045 Times in 11,889 Posts
    Cody Wilson is a Texas native... 'nuf said.

Flawed Reasoning

The term “gun control” is not, in fact, synonymous with “gun confiscation,” “gun prohibition,” or “gun registration” (although gun control can take any of those forms). Nor is the “gun control debate” about whether or not gun control laws ought to exist in the United States at all — they already do on both the federal and state levels, because the right to bear arms must be balanced against the safety and well-being of the populace as a whole. In practical terms, gun control boils down to addressing issues such as how to keep lethal weapons out of the hands of criminals and the mentally deranged, how to regulate their manufacture and sale, and what types of firearms and ammunition are appropriate for private citizens to own and use.

Besides leaving the term undefined and implying it means taking away people’s weapons, the text fallaciously asserts a causal link between “gun control” and mass exterminations. The argument fails to take into account other determining factors — most notably, what sorts of political regimes committed all these atrocities (hint: they weren’t democracies). It also fails to take into account counter-examples of nations (including the United States) with longstanding gun control laws on the books where no mass exterminations have occurred. Consider, too, that, in several of the cited instances the gun control laws in effect when the genocides took place were enacted years or even decades earlier.

It’s further implied that unrestricted private gun ownership would have prevented the genocides from occurring. Although a greater availability of weapons would have put targeted populations in a better position to defend themselves, however, it’s not a given that they would have prevailed over the better-equipped, better-trained government forces sent to annihilate them.

Conclusion

Based on the actual evidence at hand, we find it reasonable to conclude that gun confiscations, facilitated by laws requiring the registration and/or licensing of firearms, played a crucial role in the carrying out of twentieth-century genocides. However, gun control per se — properly defined as a set of laws regulating gun ownership that can range from minimally restrictive to outright prohibitive — is neither a cause nor even a reliable predictor of mass exterminations, whereas the presence of a repressive military dictatorship most certainly is.

- Snopes -
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 12th August 2018 at 14:40.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2018), Dreamtimer (12th August 2018), Elen (12th August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    I have a dark skinned friend in USA who is a policeman and carries a gun.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2018), Aragorn (12th August 2018), Dreamtimer (12th August 2018), Elen (12th August 2018), modwiz (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    I have a dark skinned friend in USA who is a policeman and carries a gun.
    It would be hard to calculate what percentage of policeman are psychopaths...but I'm betting it is higher, much higher than in the general population. And I know, I have a brother and sister-in-law that have a history in the profession. An ex brother-in-law whose family is riddled with mental illness and personality disorders of various kinds. That's 2 for 3, my sister-in-law is a very fine human being. Her role was to provide training for female inmates, and to act as a therapist for those in distress or in need of understanding. But then we see the 'fascist' psychopathy on the news everyday. I hope you don't tell me your dark skinned friend is a Trump supporter?

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2018), Aragorn (12th August 2018), Dreamtimer (12th August 2018), Elen (12th August 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Joe Rogan's shows with Michael Wood, former cop in Baltimore, are a must listen. If you want truly good insight into the dynamics between cops and blacks in the inner cities, listen to these. They are numbers 670 and 808. (I think there's another more recent) They've been posted here.

The Black Lives Matter movement is about cops shooting unarmed black men, often in the back. Many killed were finishing high school, engaged, going into the military, paying taxes, not in gangs...

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th August 2018), Aragorn (12th August 2018), Elen (13th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (12th August 2018), modwiz (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,990 Times in 2,602 Posts
    What's usually lost on the Genesis of this particular subject is that it's all about the 1st Amendment, not the 2nd. Scratch just a little below the surface on this guy, past the usual rhetoric, y'all may be surprised.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Fred Steeves View Post
    What's usually lost on the Genesis of this particular subject is that it's all about the 1st Amendment, not the 2nd. Scratch just a little below the surface on this guy, past the usual rhetoric, y'all may be surprised.
    done scratched and then peed on it, Fred. There are no revelations to be had beyond...on 2nd thought...how about fleshing that notion out? One criteria...no mention of the 2nd amendment...let's pretend it doesn't exist. kinda like American political parties...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (23rd August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    It's usually the opposite, NAP. Folks might look only at the 2nd Amendment at the expense of the Bill of Rights which is very important as a unified entity and contains the first 10 Amendments.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (23rd August 2018), Fred Steeves (24th August 2018), modwiz (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    done scratched and then peed on it, Fred. There are no revelations to be had beyond...
    I doubt very seriously you did much surface scratching NAP, it's not your style. After all, he's from Texas, nuff said right?

So while your busy peeing on the first to Amendments (any others you don't care for?), just know that Cody considers this, and I tend to agree, "proper leftist politics". Leftist as in the classic Liberalism of the creators of the Bill of Rights? Pretty radical by today's standards.

Anyone who wants a better read on this, the following short interview will provide much deeper insights beyond the typical portrayels of righties like Tyler Durden.
    Last edited by Fred Steeves, 24th August 2018 at 10:55.

Socrates

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    Lefties? Righties?

They're all Americans.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), modwiz (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    The Koch brothers have been working hard. The are now 30 something states moving towards a Constitutional Convention.

Our rights will not be expanded if that happens. We're most likely to lose a whole lot of rights if we go that route.

There are plenty of Americans who want to get rid of a slew of 'pesky Amendments"

In my opinion, that's the ultimate pissing on our rights.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Elen (24th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th August 2018), modwiz (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Lefties? Righties?

They're all Americans.
    Did I say they weren't?

But if I have missed something, if Americans no longer self identify according to differing political labels, philosophies, and those are no longer relevant or in conflict here in the U.S., please enlighten me.

Last I checked people like the Koch brothers are the mortal enemy of the left, while those like George Soros the mortal enemy of the right, but again, perhaps I've missed the Fox News Alert. In which case as a good citizen I would promptly self censor such terms from further public view, so as not to reignite any further unnecessary divisiveness.

Socrates

24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (24th August 2018), Elen (25th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (25th August 2018), modwiz (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    I just see a whole lot of people identifying as independent or some kind of other.

And I see us all as Americans rather than as on a side.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Elen (25th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (24th August 2018)

Thanks
    I doubt very seriously you did much surface scratching NAP, it's not your style. After all, he's from Texas, nuff said right?
    that's where it gets murky...classic liberalism is conservatism...so it doesn't work already...but i'll watch it...i might be surprised...but I doubt it.

ok, this guy will likely grow up at some point and perhaps become a proper Republican...he has all the skills...his ability to spin philosophical bullshit is pretty exemplary. Honestly, he seems like a very bright guy...classic revolutionary...in this case....as in most cases a strong authoritarian orientation.

The constitutional amendments are like the Ten Commandments. They say one thing but get interpreted in as many ways as people have thoughts...some thoughts tend toward the behest of humanity, others tend to self-service, self-aggrandisement, manipulation...blah, blah, blah...see, that wasn't painful and it didn't take me long, Fred...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 24th August 2018 at 23:48.

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (24th August 2018), Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (25th August 2018), Elen (25th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Lefties? Righties?

They're all Americans.
    and half of them are cracked right up the middle...

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (24th August 2018), Dreamtimer (25th August 2018), Elen (25th August 2018)