Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Guns 4 Peace, Really

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by modwiz View Post
    My above post stated the five cities that distort the national average. Remove those shit holes from the 'statistics' and we are almost the least gun murderous nation in the world. So, the question is, why are the people in these cities so kill happy? What is wrong with the cities? Could it be how they have been managed by gooberment?
    No, it's because of the way they've been mismanaged by society...We are our own worst enemies. Government is just an annoyance...and the people that support one side or the other are just confused, very confused about the really relevant aspects of existence. And before someone points out that I'm a vocal liberal...let me explain that one more time. I am a vocal supporter of natural law, justice, fairness, compassion, and common sense. One side, coincidentally or by synchronicity tend to support those things that are important to me...fake or not. As i've said before, I will favor the fakers of good over those that are overtly evil anytime of the day. Fakers are easy to spot and they place limits upon themselves simply because they have to maintain the facade. On the other hand, the evil ones just don't give a sh*t as the last 40 years has evidenced
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (1st September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st September 2018), Kathy (31st August 2018), Wind (1st September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    I think it would be a good idea to remember that the observer is the observed. Take Ike Turner, for example, who was pilloried for his violence. One would think that he was the only violent person in the world, when in many homes throughout the world violence was rampant. It would seem from this thread that violence still is. Many, many husbands beat up their wives and children, it used to be the norm. Nowadays, the fact that some wives beat up their husband is becoming acknowledged. We are all responsible for Society, and we should know it if we don't.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (1st September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st September 2018), Emil El Zapato (1st September 2018), modwiz (1st September 2018)

Thanks
    yeah, good point...harville hendrix and helen lakelly hunt are excellent sources of information. So is Robert Burney

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (1st September 2018), Dreamtimer (1st September 2018), Kathy (1st September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The latest on this subject, a quick 5 minute interview:

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (2nd September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    They never asked him a relevant philosophical question. He's talking philosophy and their talking practicalities/realities. It was a wasted interview.

"Because their are limitations, there should be limitations". The interviewers needed to question the logical validity of that statement. It was a giant leap from the assertion to the conclusion.

Wilson would do better as a philosophy professor than an anarchist...he can do real harm. But then he wouldn't be making the huge bucks that he apparently is.

In his own words:

"You're asking me how I would feel? If somebody shot a kid with a Liberator? I guess I'd feel bad. It would be bad. It'd become this whole event. I'm sure I'd have this sinking feeling, 'Oh my God, they're going to make a big circus out of it.'"

—Interview with The Guardian, February 10, 2014

“And so, when I see, like, the elimination of a symbol, right, the elimination — I'm not just sympathizing with southern white racists — I'm basically recognizing a dangerous mode of post-politics: the need to eradicate a historical narrative. Not just the need to combat it, the need to make sure that its symbols are gone, the way to articulate it is gone.”

—Interview with Radio 3Fourteen, November 17, 2015

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I hope that people can apply his views about law and freedom to religious issues. People are creating laws to enforce their religion while calling it protecting their religious freedom.

There's a disconnect with many people where they can't/won't see the religious oppression, yet scream and yell about arms and speech.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I hope that people can apply his views about law and freedom to religious issues. People are creating laws to enforce their religion while calling it protecting their religious freedom.

There's a disconnect with many people where they can't/won't see the religious oppression, yet scream and yell about arms and speech.
    That's the truth...Dr. Phil: 'psychic blindness'

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    “And so, when I see, like, the elimination of a symbol, right, the elimination — I'm not just sympathizing with southern white racists — I'm basically recognizing a dangerous mode of post-politics: the need to eradicate a historical narrative. Not just the need to combat it, the need to make sure that its symbols are gone, the way to articulate it is gone.”
    what is the popular agenda? eradication?

or... get the damn thing otta the town square. like, ut it over there in the confederate cemetery.

or...

or...

etc....

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

yup... palooka sez: imprints, denials, judgements.

war in the heavens comes to planet earth.

as above, so below

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (17th October 2018), Aragorn (2nd September 2018), Dreamtimer (3rd September 2018), Emil El Zapato (2nd September 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Ooopps, catching up as been busy boy of late.

Yes yes below n above

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (17th October 2018), Dreamtimer (17th October 2018), Elen (18th October 2018)