Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Usui Reiki Ryoho

Thanks
    Thanked 7,564 Times in 1,372 Posts

Usui Reiki Ryoho

After years of watching the do's and dont's of Reiki pass me by instead of embracing the "newer" western practices(I did become a so called reiki master once)
    I found that over the last decade or so more end more has become known about Usui's original practices.

Mainly through the work of Frans Stiene, Hiroshi Doi and Inamoto Sensei.

With that in mind I took an ongoing practice course to connect with the Reiki energy through meditation and "regularish" communal practice.
    Simple meditation techniques, emphasis on meditative experiences and spiritual growth instead of attunement hopping. Turns out that the palm healing is a side effect of the path not it's goal.

I must say I quite like it.
    Last edited by Catsquotl, 19th May 2023 at 11:05.
    Have a great day today

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (19th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Senior Member United States Diabolical Boids's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,043 Times in 651 Posts
    Congrats. It's the Journey not the goal. The goal posts along the way keep us going.

https://ihreiki.com/blog/the_brain_w...v=7516fd43adaa

Reiki Ryoho brings the Quantum Healing element to the art than more faddish modern Reikis. Like being in that place of 'no mind' when you are put to the unified field. Frans does some amazing research and made me look at it in a whole new way. Interesting about the palm healing but explains a lot.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Reiki Ryoho brings the Quantum Healing element.
    I hadn't picked up on that, What's Quantum healing?

Even though much of what my teacher taught me is inspired by the 3 people I mentioned I believe it does differ slightly from Stiene's interpretation.
    For instance the introductory course is personalized and adaptively set over 5 consecutive days. Also the certificate holds several spaces to be filled in either during those days or in the months following it. Reiju is given but no formal attunement.
    So there is no real way to get the the course in a weekend.

Only shoden and okuden is taught. Any shipiden material Usui may have taught is considered "lost" as far as "we" know.
    Yes that does mean only 2 grades specifying which techniques have been taught and understood. Mastery is a life time achievement and has more to do with attaining samadhi or satori to use eastern terms.
    I believe the gakkai talks about it in terms of Anshin Ritsumei and/or Dai Anshin. Which means as much as the mind that has settled or that has come to the big peace.
    Have a great day today

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    In the book , the jesus sutrus iirc, the beginnings of reiki may have been found, around 233 or 322 a group from middle east was allowed to build on sacred ground with other two religous groups, confusios n budda ?, vegetarian, no slaves, matreearkal or at least woman had same rites, all 3 secreted their sacred data etc in a cave which opened 1900? and data hit the antiques market, Japan and especialllly usui collected some of these, he was an ancient manuscripts collector, especialllly relegious data.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    the beginnings of reiki may have been found, around 233 or 322.
    May have been is the operative word here..
    What "we" know from direct students and some of the writings Usui made is that he himself described it as a new and unique system.
    The symbols and kanji used are supposedly only taught to those who had difficulty connecting or feeling the energy itself.

It is very possible those symbols have been taken from older (possibly tendai buddhist) scriptures.
    The Kanji are just phrases pointing to something.

Now ever since Reiki made it's way to the west it has been altered, changed added to or taken out of context.
    In my mind that does not make them less valuable, just not what Usui found or even taught.

Can we call those modalities Reiki? Sure.
    Are they watered down, more easily accessible and monetizationable. I think so..
    Less effective. No I don't think so. I think hands on healing through any means is beneficial. If we intend Reiki to flow it will.
    Does meditation and spiritual development allow for greater healing to take place? Yes I think so..

Wil Reiki negate all diseases all the time everywhere. NAh
    Have a great day today

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (19th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (19th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    I hadn't picked up on that, What's Quantum healing?

Even though much of what my teacher taught me is inspired by the 3 people I mentioned I believe it does differ slightly from Stiene's interpretation.
    For instance the introductory course is personalized and adaptively set over 5 consecutive days. Also the certificate holds several spaces to be filled in either during those days or in the months following it. Reiju is given but no formal attunement.
    So there is no real way to get the the course in a weekend.

Only shoden and okuden is taught. Any shipiden material Usui may have taught is considered "lost" as far as "we" know.
    Yes that does mean only 2 grades specifying which techniques have been taught and understood. Mastery is a life time achievement and has more to do with attaining samadhi or satori to use eastern terms.
    I believe the gakkai talks about it in terms of Anshin Ritsumei and/or Dai Anshin. Which means as much as the mind that has settled or that has come to the big peace.
    Quantum Healing is going into a state, where your brain waves are altered to allow you to interact with a unified field. You also guide your recipient into the same state. Or put yourself into the state, Or what some call a divine matrix. I posted the link to the research Stein did that produced the same result in brain waves in Reiki practitioners and recipients as people who do Quantum Healing.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    I've seen enough dis-ease reversals to know it's done. On two occasions I had spontaneous remissions on myself with just Reiki, two with just Reiki in two other people although one of them I never did a treatment on. I never touched her just patted her on the back. It was just her belief that did it really. That was kidney cancer she cured herself of. I think she thought I was a faith healer and I guess she really believed in faith healers. The rest were remissions of a longer duration, just rolling back slowly not virtually instantly.

Then there are people who reverse the disease trajectory and get scared about it.

Another woman had chronic shingles lesions all over body. Within a couple weeks there was a 90 percent reduction in lesions using Reishi tea, Golden Seal and Reiki. However she got freaked out she was getting better by 'supernatural' means and stopped the treatments. She said she appreciated getting better but it was too weird for her. She would be in more pain if she went back to conventional medicine but she'd feel more comfortable mentally so there she went. She might represent one of the reasons why Reiki doesn't work every time. The attitude of the recipient.

More recently it was almost stage 4 cancer that was reversed to stage 1 in three weeks with a combination of practices in Quantum Healing but also including Reiki everyday so I can't really say if it was this that or the other or a combination of all.

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Diabolical Boids For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (19th May 2023), Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Fred Steeves (19th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Oh i love this thread already, so enjoy others feels n stories Reiki wise, there is a proven way, past self sabotage or the lady in your post above saying to weird and going free will backwards, simple repeat mantra at beginning of treatment or interaction, i give intent for healing balancing etc, to what whomever they are into even if its a can of beans on their mantle peace, usualllly universe, God or a saint, i am thankfullll at the end, this bypass works well from experience.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (19th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (19th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Healing and energy healing is a fascinating subject to me. I've been practicing it a little bit over the years, but finally late last year I got my first degree initiation into Usui Reiki. I got it from a friend for free, but normally it would cost a couple of hundreds euros to get. Likewise with the second degree, I have a chance to get it for free although I haven't felt the need for it yet. I think the master level costs even more like close to a thousand euros?

I wonder about that, how that has become a business too. Energy healing is a very real thing and it works, but I wouldn't want to ask money for helping others like that. It should be donation based. Ethics is an important thing too with healing. A physician isn't doing his job just to get money, his innate motivation should be the desire to serve and heal people. Of course I understand that if it's your only source of income then you should be able to make a living too, but even then I think that energy healing should be accessible easily without money. Yet money can be seen as energy transfer and as a token of appreciation too.

Things like reiki should be used as a complementary healing method as it is often used in some countries. Then in secular countries like mine it's seen as pseudoscience which shows me the moronic arrogance of the "leading" medical and scientific industries.

The word Reiki means mysterious atmosphere, miraculous sign. It comes from the Japanese words rei, meaning universal, and ki, meaning life energy. Ki, Qi or Chi is the same thing as Prana, or élan vital. Energy healing isn't just a 100 year old thing. People have been practicing energy healing for thousands of years.

When Jesus was alive and he traveled to India he learned many things there, it was probably fairly common that he very early on discovered his innate healing abilities. Granted, the infinite intelligence or power of love was flowing more strongly through him and he was probably able to heal far more powerfully that way.

"In Matthew 8:14-15, Jesus uses touch to heal Peter's mother-in-law of a fever. In Mark 1:40-42 Jesus uses his hands to heal a man with leprosy. This is also mentioned in Luke 5:12-13. Matthew 20:29-34 describes how Jesus healed two blind men by touching their eyes and in Mark 8:22-25 Jesus uses his hands to heal another blind man. In Mark 7:32 35 he uses touch to heal a man who is deaf and can't speak. In Luke 7:12-15, Jesus raises a dead man by touching his coffin and in Luke 8:49-55 Jesus uses touch to return a dead girl to life.

There are many similarities between the laying on of hands healing Jesus did and the practice of Reiki. One important similarity is the fact that Jesus could pass the power to heal on to others which is similar to the Reiki attunement process. We read in Luke 9:1-2 that Jesus gave his twelve disciples power to drive out all demons and to cure diseases. We do not know by what process Jesus gave healing power to his disciples, but the fact that he was able to pass it on to them indicates an important similarity with Reiki.

Another aspect of Jesus' healing practice that is similar to Reiki relates to faith. While faith was required for many of the healings he performed, it appears that the healings Jesus did with his hands did not require faith. Mark 6:5-6 states: "He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. And he was amazed at their lack of faith." So, in spite of the fact that they did not believe, Jesus was still able to use laying on of hands to heal. This is one of the important aspects of Reiki: It does not require faith on the part of those receiving a treatment in order for the Reiki to work.

The fact that Jesus had secret teachings he gave only to those who he had given healing power is clearly indicated in Matthew 13:10-11 and Mark 4:10-12 & 34. Secret knowledge is also part of the Reiki teachings in that the symbols as well as the process of doing attunements are traditionally kept secret and only made available to those who take a Reiki class.

It is not known whether Jesus was born with the ability to heal through touch or if this was something he acquired. His activities between age twelve and thirty are not mentioned in the Bible. It has been suggested by several researchers that during this time Jesus traveled to the East and was schooled in many of the mystical teachings of India, Tibet and China. If this is so, it is possible that Jesus was initiated into a healing technique, during this time.

On the other hand, it is possible that Jesus was taught directly by God or the Holy Spirit or simply had these abilities from birth. There is some good information indicating that the healing methods of Jesus were preserved by the Church of the East and passed on by it's missionaries who traveled along the Silk Road and other trade routes to India, Tibet and China. It is possible that this information on healing could have been incorporated into the religious teachings of the East and therefore could have been the original source of the Reiki techniques that were used by Dr. Usui."

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1sOZFf4ak4
    Last edited by Wind, 3rd June 2023 at 23:43.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Diabolical Boids View Post
    Quantum Healing is going into a state.
    Check, I did see the article you linked to, But hadn't put the words together yet.
    I think I used to know that state as connecting to a morphogenetic field back in the day..
    Have a great day today

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Diabolical Boids (20th May 2023), modwiz (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Healing and energy healing is a fascinating subject to me. I've been practicing it a little bit over the years, but finally late last year I got my first degree initiation into Usui Reiki. I got it from a friend for free, but normally it would cost a couple of hundreds euros to get. Likewise with the second degree, I have a chance to get it for free although I haven't felt the need for it yet. I think the master level costs even more like close to a thousand euros?

There is some good information indicating that the healing methods of Jesus were preserved by the Church of the East and passed on by it's missionaries who traveled along the Silk Road and other trade routes to India, Tibet and China. It is possible that this information on healing could have been incorporated into the religious teachings of the East and therefore could have been the original source of the Reiki techniques that were used by Dr. Usui."[/I]
    Back when I started I paid 300 guilders for Reiki 1, 1000 for Reiki 2 and started mastery which would have set me back 10.000 guilders.
    I didn't finish the last one.
    I got my masters degree on my 28th birthday for I think 250 euro in a weekend.

All the others for free over the internet, including Karuna ki and everything Cearna has sent me. For which I am very very grateful.

When I just started practicing I have seen some "miraculous" effects, but mostly it was continued attention and creating a healing space where people could relax for a while. Keep in mind that I used to treat people in squats who were for a large part somewhat unstable and self-medicating ;-)

As for the money exchange thing.. I used to have a problem with that and treated people for a drawing. Most people preferred to pay instead of draw however which made me believe that the energy exchange needed should be Dana based.

One of the things I like about my current teacher so to speak is that he has a day job, does not have healing as a core business, or even side business for that matter.
    I think that including me he has 2 students in the Netherlands and 4 or 5 in Belgium.

As far as the origin story. I am slightly put off by all the flavors of Reiki. Japanese is a funny language when it comes to translation. A lot is context dependent. So Rei could mean universal. It can also mean, Spiritual or Respect. so we could have universal, spiritual or respectful Qi.

Qi can have many states and properties as well. take Xi Qi for instance. Which is Qi that makes you ill If I remember correctly. Qi itself is usually translated as vapor, steam or breath.
    When researching how Usui used the kanji for Reiki. I like to think that he meant it as Spiritual Energy.

From the Gakkai (the school Usui founded) we know through Hiroshi doi that what Usui taught differed from what has come to the west through Hayashi and Takata. Which was popularized and monetized by Takata's grand daughter.

What I like to believe is that it was indeed a spiritual practice. Where healing was a natural consequence of the practice.
    It's the practice that matters, not the job opportunity as a healer. Although they are not mutually exclusive. They just make for a lot of nasty side effects..
    Have a great day today

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    God or a saint, i am thankfullll at the end, this bypass works well from experience.
    Do You remember Reiki master Doreen Virtue?
    Back when I started she wrote a lot of new-age woo woo and reiki stuff but found Jesus and is now "Deceived no more"(title of her 2020 book)??

I doubt she would agree and is in fact Warning people against Reiki.. SO there's that
    lol take a look here.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyLOtZo7sk4
    Have a great day today

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Catsquotl For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Funny, I just got her angel cards. I hate that part about fundamentalist versions of religions. Controlling through fear-mongering.

It seems that a lot of confused new agers have converted that way and then think everything besides Jesus-worship is demonic.
    "The more I see, the less I know for sure." ~ John Lennon

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Mmmm will watch when able, remember watching in disspear n awkwardness as a person said DV's praises, spirit whispered put a book in her other hand asap, she then added 3 more books to that persons series a few years later but DV was her foundation starter and Kryon her hubby's channell nowadays, so vid must be, mmm will watch it now.

WOW n wow
    Last edited by Aianawa, 20th May 2023 at 07:27. Reason: Scarey vid

28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,969 Times in 20,255 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Catsquotl View Post
    [...] and everything Cearna has sent me. For which I am very very grateful. [...]

I'm worried about her. She hasn't logged on anymore since August 2022, at which time she was struggling with various serious cardiovascular issues, and if she's still among the mortals, then she's already 84 years old now.

I sent her an email on her birthday — the 19th of April — to congratulate her and check in on her, but she never replied to it.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th May 2023), Catsquotl (20th May 2023), Emil El Zapato (20th May 2023), Wind (20th May 2023)