Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bill Ryan Has Gone God

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Bill is source, as much as Aragorn, as you. I say bring it on, invite the PA clan hierakey to balance things out, Liked Paul and MM so music cake beers n group meditation n hugs at the end of evening , yes ?.
    Thing is, Aianawa, I can't even bear to look at him. I am receptive though to responding to changes, such as the appearance of humility and kindness.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 81,111 Times in 20,309 Posts

Lightbulb

Bill is source, as much as Aragorn, as you. I say bring it on, invite the PA clan hierakey to balance things out, Liked Paul and MM so music cake beers n group meditation n hugs at the end of evening , yes ?.
    Whoa now wait a minute, Brother. It is one thing to make peace between our forum and theirs, but it is yet another thing to invite each and every one of them over to The One Truth — especially when there are several people at Project Avalon who as individuals are no longer welcome here.

For the record — and this does not only pertain to anyone at Project Avalon — just because their accounts have been retired instead of banned doesn't mean that we'd welcome them back. Conversely, just because somebody was banned doesn't mean that we wouldn't be prepared to give them another chance either — at least, provided that they'd contact us by way of the official avenue instead of trying to sneak back in under a sock puppet account without asking for our permission.

It all depends on the individuals themselves. Some people had even already been banned from here long before my time, and perhaps over silly things — those were different times, and apart from Malc himself, the entire staff team back then was also comprised of entirely different individuals. Other people have never been banned but were regularly alternating between an active account and retirement, and they were behaving as ego-driven jerks with a sense of entitlement while they were active here.

Among other things, that's why we no longer allow registrations through a proxy server or a VPN. Registered members are free to use a proxy server or a VPN if they wish to do that, although it's pretty pointless, given that The One Truth has been converted to the use of SSL/TLS-encrypted connections all across the board — all the code was converted with the help of an official vBulletin developer early in 2017, and it took us almost an entire week, if you remember.

So anything that is transferred between your web browser and The One Truth and vice versa — barring any information that your browser has to pull in from an external source because somebody embedded an insecure link in their posts — is encrypted. This includes logins, passwords and the sending or receiving of private messages. If anyone were to sniff your connection in order to ascertain your password or whatever else you type (or read) here on the forum, then all they'd get to see on their screen is gibberish.

In some cases, it may however still be necessary for registered members to connect by way of a proxy server or a VPN. For instance, because these members reside in a country or region that we've had to block in its entirety at the firewall level due to incessant abuse from positively identified spam sources and other malware bots that try registering an account here. In those cases, we will contact the pertinent members individually via email before blocking the IP range in order to tell them to use a proxy server or a VPN, and we will even make a few suggestions to them on which of those services they can use free of charge.

But that all said, what you (Vern) are now suggesting is exactly what I contacted Bill Ryan about a few months ago, when somebody suggested in an email to both Bill Ryan and myself that The One Truth could easily take over Project Avalon, with the innuendo that I would actually even have supported that. It was so embarrassing that I then contacted Bill and gave him my word that this was not our intent. And it still isn't, and never will be.

The idea is not and has never been for The One Truth and Project Avalon to merge into a single forum. Both forums have their own identity, and that's how it should remain. Even Eye-Rise, our sister forum, has its own identity, as well as its own scope as primarily an audiovisual information outlet.

However, The One Truth and Project Avalon could be working together on certain things in the future, such as by exchanging non-personal information that would benefit the safety of our respective member bases, or even the so-called alternative community at large. A timely heads-up of some sorts about certain things, for instance. And perhaps we can also invite Bill to a future Voices of the Forums conference in order to discuss certain phenomena in either the alternative or mainstream world — I have actually even mentioned that to him already, because it might be interesting to hear his perspective on a number of things.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018), Zebowho (23rd July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,469 Times in 10,174 Posts
    I had a short burst of a few weeks on PA, many had years and were imo badly abused by the boss and some minions, being torn away from great n good friends, hurts and would not be surprised if some reacted harshly in ways, to themselves and/or others. Inflicting pain knowingly tisa harsh thing emotionally.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    I had a short burst of a few weeks on PA, many had years and were imo badly abused by the boss and some minions, being torn away from great n good friends, hurts and would not be surprised if some reacted harshly in ways, to themselves and/or others. Inflicting pain knowingly tisa harsh thing emotionally.
    The people I was talking about as not being welcome here anymore were never abused at Project Avalon, Brother. They have simply always been jerks, and if anything, Project Avalon has often turned a blind eye while these people were themselves abusing their fellow members. And then they came over to The One Truth and they did the exact same thing here, probably thinking that they'd get away with it as easily here as they had gotten away with it over at Project Avalon.

It is Project Avalon's business whether those particular people are still welcome over in their neck of the woods or not, and to what extent their antisocial behavior will be tolerated there. But if those people are not welcome anymore here at The One Truth, then it's because we've had our own dealings with them, and because we consider them toxic to our own community.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018), Zebowho (23rd July 2018)

Thanks
    Okay I may have got a couple of things incorrect, Kathy was okay with Bill and team ?.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    Okay I may have got a couple of things incorrect, Kathy was okay with Bill and team ?.
    That is not what she said, Brother.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    Okay maybe I sit back for a wee bit, Bill very well may be changing and would not surprise me in these our times.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    A serious question: How do we know that Bill Ryan isn't God?

His personality seems awfully close to a certain white-bearded guy up in the Sky. The way I picture him right now, is him sitting on his golden throne, up in the mountains of Ecuador, just above the clouds, throwing lightning bolts at the damned, sorry I meant ex-PA members ...

Ainawa and Aragorn, I'd be careful if I were you, I'm sure he has a special one prepared for each of you ROFL...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post

His personality seems awfully close to a certain white-bearded guy up in the Sky. The way I picture him right now, is him sitting on his golden throne, up in the mountains of Ecuador, just above the clouds, throwing lightning bolts at the damned, sorry I meant ex-PA members ...

Ainawa and Aragorn, I'd be careful if I were you, I'm sure he has a special one prepared for each of you ROFL...

That's not God, that's Zeus...Admittedly, it's easy to conflate the two.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    He doesn't have a beard. And he wears a hat.

His personality seems awfully close to a certain white-bearded guy up in the Sky.
    That's not God. That's Gandalf The White, who had ascended from being Gandalf The Grey after having been killed in combat with a Balrog in the Mines of Moria.

And in yet another life, he was Magneto.

The way I picture him right now, is him sitting on his golden throne [...
    No, that's the Queen of England. Britania rules the waves, and all that.

...] up in the mountains of Ecuador, just above the clouds, throwing lightning bolts at the damned, sorry I meant ex-PA members ...
    No, that would be Thor, a Norse deity. He had a hammer that would do the lightning thing. So did Trini Lopez, but he could only use it in the morning and in the evening. Probably needed the time in between for recharging its batteries.

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,183 Times in 11,956 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    He doesn't have a beard. And he wears a hat.

That's not God. That's Gandalf The White, who had ascended from being Gandalf The Grey after having been killed in combat with a Balrog in the Mines of Moria.

And in yet another life, he was Magneto.

No, that's the Queen of England. Britania rules the waves, and all that.

No, that would be Thor, a Norse deity. He had a hammer that would do the lightning thing. So did Trini Lopez, but he could only use it in the morning and in the evening. Probably needed the time in between for recharging its batteries.
    omg, now you defile Trini Lopez...I"m going to Kansas City!

“El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    According to Divine Feminine, Zeus would be Trump.

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Chris (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    That's not God, that's Zeus...Admittedly, it's easy to conflate the two.
    Actually, God IS Zeus. That is where the latin word for God, Deus, comes from. Words like Deity, Divine, Theist, Atheist, etc... all refer to Zeus. If you are an atheist, you don't believe in or worship Zeus. That's what the word literally means.

In Fact our popular view of God, up in the Sky, above the clouds, wearing white robes, long white beards, golden throne, throwing lightning bolts to smite mortals, etc...

These all come from Zeus's cult and have very little to do with Yahweh. Ok, so Yahweh was a minor storm god, but Zeus was so much more influential historically speaking. The king of Devas, Indra and the Roman god Jupiter are also the same god as Zeus, according to mainstream historians.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (22nd July 2018), Aragorn (22nd July 2018), Dreamtimer (22nd July 2018), Dumpster Diver (11th August 2018), Elen (22nd July 2018), Emil El Zapato (22nd July 2018), Kathy (22nd July 2018)

Thanks
    There appears, even within his own forum, disgust energy in the back of the throat regards Bill's choices and decision making towards those persons differing or being felt as against Bill's way. I completely feel that the PA landscape and likely Bill is in change mode atm tisa whats going on macro micro atm.

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    And by the way Aragorn and you Kathy, Love you. Chris Nap Hugs.

Oh ffs now I feel hugs are being sorta separatty, just fn feel what ya feel from me, tough emotional goings the last few days, sorry,

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post: