Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Thread: Kundalini Awakening, Chakras, Enlightenment, Heaven and related matters.

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    That is not exactly correct. There are countless ancient tales of romantic love — often with a tragic twist to them, this is true, but then again, most ancient tales have tragic twists to them, regardless of whom or what they are about — all the way from Asia and Africa, and via the Middle East up into the West.
    Yes, although ancient tales generally depict romantic love as undesirable or dangerous, hence the ubiquitous tragic twist. Until the Romantic age, most marriages were arranged and in some cultures, they still are. There are some benefits to arranged marriage. I personally know people who could not find love via the very unfair and unequal dating game and actually asked their parents to arrange a marriage for them, out of pure frustration. The example of a Mauritian girl living in Singapore was particularly interesting.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018), Wind (4th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    If you have ever seen a Hindu or Jain temple wall with what is basically a depiction of various orgiastic sexual positions, you will appreciate that sexuality without love is not outside the divine order of things. Sacred prostitution is still practised today in a religious context. I don't really want to bring Inanna into this, due to my past history with her, but her cult had a very definite sexual element, which also included sacred prostitution and homosexual and transgender priests. In cultures based on non-monotheistic religions, sexuality is seen as a completely normal human need that can be satisfied without too much guilt associated with it. This is particularly true in the various tantric traditions I wrote about here, where sexuality is seen as a divine act, the reunification of God and Goddess.

It should also be noted that Romantic Love is a western concept and a pretty naive one at that. It was really a product of 19th century Romantic Literature and has not been common practice in other cultures or even our own, before that time. In Asia for instance, Romantic Love is seen as tragic, it always ends badly for both parties. Marriages are generally arranged and are based on many things, but mutual attraction by the couple isn't one of them. They generally only meet on their wedding day, or if they're lucky, they may see their spouse-to-be just before the wedding on a brief visit.
    Unfortunately, that is the way I see it...while a 'foreign' concept arrangement does make sense at more than a few levels. I know that nobody wants to hear my view on this but honestly, I think emphasis on the West's 'romantic love' is a way to sell diamonds...it is making me physically ill to post my sentiments on the subject but as I said they are deeply embedded.

Romantic love can be enticing and overwhelming, but in the end it just leaves one feeling foolish as hell.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 4th August 2018 at 14:17.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Chris (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018), Wind (4th August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,144 Times in 1,444 Posts
    Romantic love can be enticing and overwhelming, but in the end it just leaves one feeling foolish as hell.
    NAP, why do you state this: but in the end it just leaves one feeling foolish as hell?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kathy For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,305 Times in 7,220 Posts
    Drama and suffering has always been part of the human experience and it will be so until we evolve to a higher level one day. The things that you love most can and usually will give you the greatest pleasure, but also the worst pain too. Most people would say that they are willing to die for their loved ones, because that's love. We love something so much more than ourselves that we are even willing to sacrifice our own lives for it.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    romantic love only...real love definitely exists...
    Divine unconditional love is why we all exist.

Romantic love is just a great part of the human experience, but the human love is almost always conditional. Maybe it has to be, but in a way it can be limited. Unconditional love is at it is, it doesn't expect anything. It just is. Nothing is required, the love is still there.

Not in all, but in some relationships there is a strong spiritual element too. Perhaps the two people in it just have to be selfless enough so that they could have something which is called unconditional love too. I can understand why too many disappointments with romantic relationships might make one cynical about it.

The Ancient Greeks’ 6 Words for Love
    Last edited by Wind, 4th August 2018 at 17:07.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Kathy View Post
    NAP, why do you state this: but in the end it just leaves one feeling foolish as hell?
    Because it's true...for meeeee...

I've never had a successful relationship...I have always been let down by 'romantic loves' 'friends' 'family' everyone...the only person in my life that has never let me down is my daughter... and that's because I don't expect anything in return from her...I said before...I brought her into the world, I owe her everything.

People for the most part just don't measure up...I could count on one hand, actually 1 finger, the people that i've met in my life that I felt were living their lives on a higher plain, and, of course, I sorta distance myself from them because they is just too cool for my blood.

To clarify, though...

I had a partner for ten years and a wife for about 4-5 years and they ended...I call that failure. Love, marriage, etc is SUPPOSED to be forever, that is what God intended...anything less is substandard, subhuman.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 4th August 2018 at 17:55.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018), Wind (4th August 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    I've never had a successful relationship...I have always been let down by 'romantic loves' 'friends' 'family' everyone... [...]
    The same applies to me. I already wrote higher up the thread that there are so many knives sticking out of my back that people think I'm a porcupine. But there's always hope, and as bleak as my future seems to me — and more often than I can tolerate — I cannot let go of that hope even if I wanted to, because something deep inside tells me that there's a beautiful woman out there who belongs by my side, and I by hers.

And that's a feeling I've had for most of my life already, notwithstanding the betrayal I've had to endure and the fact that I'm still alone. It would be easy to dismiss as wishful thinking, but it runs deeper than that. I cannot explain it.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (4th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018), Shadowself (4th August 2018), Wind (4th August 2018)

Thanks
    The same applies to me. I already wrote higher up the thread that there are so many knives sticking out of my back that people think I'm a porcupine. But there's always hope, and as bleak as my future seems to me — and more often than I can tolerate — I cannot let go of that hope even if I wanted to, because something deep inside tells me that there's a beautiful woman out there who belongs by my side, and I by hers.

And that's a feeling I've had for most of my life already, notwithstanding the betrayal I've had to endure and the fact that I'm still alone. It would be easy to dismiss as wishful thinking, but it runs deeper than that. I cannot explain it.
    that seems pretty real to me, Aragorn...you're most of the way there...

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (4th August 2018), Dreamtimer (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Kathy (4th August 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Thanks, Wind.

Ludus: I engage in this in conversation, sometimes in dancing. And so does my husband. But we don't let it lead to out of control eros.

Agape: A universal love, and also the name of one of our members.

Pragma: Definitely needed that.

Philautia: Love of self, too much becomes narcissism.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (5th August 2018), Elen (5th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018), Kathy (5th August 2018), Wind (5th August 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Because it's true...for meeeee...

I've never had a successful relationship...I have always been let down by 'romantic loves' 'friends' 'family' everyone...the only person in my life that has never let me down is my daughter... and that's because I don't expect anything in return from her...I said before...I brought her into the world, I owe her everything.

People for the most part just don't measure up...I could count on one hand, actually 1 finger, the people that i've met in my life that I felt were living their lives on a higher plain, and, of course, I sorta distance myself from them because they is just too cool for my blood.

To clarify, though...

I had a partner for ten years and a wife for about 4-5 years and they ended...I call that failure. Love, marriage, etc is SUPPOSED to be forever, that is what God intended...anything less is substandard, subhuman.
    I’m sorry, but I’ll have to respectfully disagree with that. Nothing is supposed to be forever, least of all relationships. It may be a sad state of affairs, but everything on this physical plain of existence is transitory and ephemeral, including relationships. Your connection with the Absolute is the only thing that will last into eternity. Some relationships, including familial ones, may survive into another life on rare occasions, but the idea that they survive much beyond that is pretty naive and wishful thinking in my view.

I know this will ruffle a lot of feathers, but that’s the way I see it. Relationships tie you down to this earthly plane of existence and you can’t go beyond the Illusory matrix unless you learn to let go of people and relationships. There is a reason monks, Yogis and other Ascetics leave their families behind and concentrate on their relationship with the divine absolute. Even Jesus admonished his disciples to give up all their earthly possessions and even their families to follow him.

Most people are not ready to give up everything in pursuit of the Truth and that’s ok, a singular pursuit of Absolute Truth, Liberation and Self-realisation is not a suitable life path for many people. Most will get married and start families of their own, but if you are in a situation where that sort of thing just doesn’t want to happen, you should consider that it is not the path you were meant to follow.

There is a strong biological imperative to propagate our genes and ensure the survival of our bloodline. However, there is an even stronger spiritual imperative to seek out God in whatever form we can. I’m not talking about the Yahweh demiurge of the Bible here, but the Absolute, known as Brahman in Sanskrit.

Just to be clear, having a family and following a spiritual path are not mutually exclusive, many have been able to follow both successfully. All I’m saying is that if you have not been successful in your relationships, perhaps it was meant to be and may serve a higher purpose that you may not be aware of right now. Our current obsession with relationships is unhealthy anyway, there are many paths to liberation, enlightenment and happiness that do not have to involve relationships or family.

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2018), Dreamtimer (7th August 2018), Elen (6th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018), Kathy (6th August 2018), Wind (6th August 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    The things that you love most can and usually will give you the greatest pleasure, but also the worst pain too.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZGuoN71Ros

(i used the 'insert vid' function but all it did was show the url as a link. that protocol worked when i did one on the lounge thread last nite. i remain perplexed)
    Last edited by Kathy, 6th August 2018 at 20:39. Reason: embed video

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2018), Dreamtimer (7th August 2018), Elen (6th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks

Talking specifically about your case and not in general, you're probably right.

I can sense energetic vibrations just by the way people write and react to things and your energetic signature tells me there is indeed someone out there for you. Let's just call her Arwen

I can't promise pointy ears but I'm pretty sure she's gorgeous.

Hang in there buddy, she's coming for you...

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2018), Dreamtimer (6th August 2018), Elen (6th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018), Kathy (6th August 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Palooka, the link was an abbreviated one which won't work. I usually just copy the url of the page and that works fine.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 7th August 2018 at 11:29.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2018), Elen (6th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Quote Originally posted by palooka's revenge View Post
    https://youtu.be/UZGuoN71Ros

(i used the 'insert vid' function but all it did was show the url as a link. that protocol worked when i did one on the lounge thread last nite. i remain perplexed)
    Palooka, the link was man abbreviated one which won't work. I usually just copy the url of the page and that works fine.
    When using the abridged youtu.be links, one must copy only the video identifier string — in the above case, "UZGuoN71Ros" and then use the YouTube icon in the toolbar, rather than the regular video icon. And then it'll work.

Talking specifically about your case and not in general, you're probably right.

I can sense energetic vibrations just by the way people write and react to things and your energetic signature tells me there is indeed someone out there for you. Let's just call her Arwen

I can't promise pointy ears but I'm pretty sure she's gorgeous.

Hang in there buddy, she's coming for you...
    Well, it won't be the one registered under that name at Project Avalon, because even though I've never met her or even spoken to her, she was one of the people who thanked Bill Ryan's post in which he announced that he had banned me. I can't imagine my Arwen to do ever do such a thing.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (6th August 2018), Dreamtimer (7th August 2018), Elen (6th August 2018), Emil El Zapato (6th August 2018), Kathy (6th August 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks

Well, it won't be the one registered under that name at Project Avalon, because even though I've never met her or even spoken to her, she was one of the people who thanked Bill Ryan's post in which he announced that he had banned me. I can't imagine my Arwen to do ever do such a thing.
    This is for everyone. All of us have spiritual power, some more than others, depending on Karma and time spent meditating and developing yourself. Do not underestimate your own power to change the world and your circumstances. It may take time, but anything you imagine in detail and suffuse with enough spiritual power can manifest in reality. This is due to the Holographic nature of the universe. Relationships are on another level and require soul connections, through the heart chakra. When you are in love, there are literally strings (called Gunas in Sanskrit) that extend from your heart to the heart of your loved one(s). People can feel this and there is an exchange of energy, thought and emotion that happens through these strings, which basically act like mini-wormholes, connecting people even across vast distances. The first time I was in love, at age 18, I could not only feel, but see these strings. When these strings are pulled out, as in a breakup, heartbreak happens, which can even be fatal, both in humans and animals.

If you have someone in mind as a romantic prospect, talk to their higher selves first. Everybody can do this, if you go into a meditative state, preferably when they're asleep. Talk to them honestly and try to suss out whether they're open to a romantic relationship with you. If they are, their higher selves will steer things in a way that will make it easier to break the ice and make the first move. It is important not to rush things and to use a subtle approach. Emotional strings build up over time and they don't react well to being forced. Developing an emotional connection and communication is the key, before anything happens physically. There is actually a science to this and a wonderful article was published recently on the questions to ask to develop a strong emotional sympathy with someone and the foundations for true love eventually:

https://bigthink.com/ideafeed/how-to...ep-eye-contact

I'm not saying you should actually use these questions, but they give you a pretty good idea of how two people can start resonating in sympathy with each other and become close, just by communicating and opening themselves up to each other. Love is essentially a form of energy and you must learn to cultivate it if you want a successful relationship with someone. Also, when you meet someone who is a suitable romantic partner, you'll know, if you listen to your own body. When two people who are compatible energetically meet, there is an instant "spark" that happens, an energetic harmony that is both loving and erotic. Both will feel the same energy when they look at each other or touch each other accidentally. It passes through the skin or through the eyes instantaneously and both will know, deep down, that they've met someone special. Do not ignore the signs of your own body, your instincts will tell you when you've met someone suitable. Your higher self will also steer people your way that are compatible with you, in unexpected ways. In fact, if you go out tonight and just start talking to people with an open mind and an open heart, you might meet someone. The power of intention is often underestimated, but it works. If you go out putting out the intent that you want to meet someone tonight, you will. Don't doubt your own power, KNOW that you are going to meet someone. Be sure and unwavering in your faith in yourself and the power of your own mind.

Ok, enough with the preaching, I hope nobody takes offence at this, but I really wanted to put this info out there. Never forget who you really are and what you're capable of.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (6th August 2018), Dreamtimer (7th August 2018), Kathy (6th August 2018)

Thanks
    This is for everyone. All of us have spiritual power, some more than others, depending on Karma and time spent meditating and developing yourself. Do not underestimate your own power to change the world and your circumstances. It may take time, but anything you imagine in detail and suffuse with enough spiritual power can manifest in reality. This is due to the Holographic nature of the universe. Relationships are on another level and require soul connections, through the heart chakra. When you are in love, there are literally strings (called Gunas in Sanskrit) that extend from your heart to the heart of your loved one(s). People can feel this and there is an exchange of energy, thought and emotion that happens through these strings, which basically act like mini-wormholes, connecting people even across vast distances. The first time I was in love, at age 18, I could not only feel, but see these strings. When these strings are pulled out, as in a breakup, heartbreak happens, which can even be fatal, both in humans and animals.

If you have someone in mind as a romantic prospect, talk to their higher selves first. Everybody can do this, if you go into a meditative state, preferably when they're asleep. Talk to them honestly and try to suss out whether they're open to a romantic relationship with you. If they are, their higher selves will steer things in a way that will make it easier to break the ice and make the first move. It is important not to rush things and to use a subtle approach. Emotional strings build up over time and they don't react well to being forced. Developing an emotional connection and communication is the key, before anything happens physically.

[...]

When two people who are compatible energetically meet, there is an instant "spark" that happens, an energetic harmony that is both loving and erotic. Both will feel the same energy when they look at each other or touch each other accidentally. It passes through the skin or through the eyes instantaneously and both will know, deep down, that they've met someone special. Do not ignore the signs of your own body, your instincts will tell you when you've met someone suitable. Your higher self will also steer people your way that are compatible with you, in unexpected ways.

[...]

Never forget who you really are and what you're capable of.
    Okay, now maybe this is a subject for another thread, but all of the above in mind, what about if you yourself or the object of your affection are being messed with by entities that don't have your best interest at heart?

I am not mocking you. On the contrary, this is a very serious question.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (7th August 2018), Elen (7th August 2018), Kathy (6th August 2018)