Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: Kundalini Awakening, Chakras, Enlightenment, Heaven and related matters.

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Shadowself View Post
    Oh yeah...one more thing:

About kundalini… you don’t have to awake anything: Kundalini is how the Hindus call the three main subtle energies in the body: The central channel plus the two secondary channels, and they’re already there. As soon as your consciousness links to a physical body in your mother’s womb, your kundalini is already working.

Also, enlightenment without purpose in the physical-material realm (Life force/Kundalini/Shakti) is kind of pointless. It's all about collective/interpersonal awakening really, which is very simple in its essence as the basis of a natural communal structure that enables joy and harmony in our lives.
    Well, yes, what gets awakened is the Shakti, the divine feminine energy located at the base of the spine. It is the seed of life that is implanted at conception and it is the energy inherent in this seed that makes the growth of a living being possible. The three channels you are referring to (Ida, Pingala and Sushumna) are in fact physical and correspond to the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems and the spinal cord. However, that is not what Kundalini is. She is the life force that is behind all creation and she is living, intelligent energy. Kundalini awakening and enlightenment are not necessarily the same thing, though they can sometimes coincide. Plenty of people go through a negative or destructive Kundalini awakening, which is most certainly not enlightenment. However, an awakened Kundalini can help in and lead to what we know as Enlightenment or Liberation. I personally consider Kundalini activation an important step towards enlightenment / liberation, but by no means the final one.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 688 Posts
    And again I say....This life force you say: "She is the life force that is behind all creation and she is living, intelligent energy".

As soon as your consciousness links to a physical body in your mother’s womb, your kundalini is already working.

Dude...you're born with it. It's when you grow from birth and that energy gets blocked that it needs repair. It's already awake.

Believe me there are many methods to "awaken" Chi/life force energy. I'll show you mine which I far prefer to what I have yes experienced in the kundalini experience. I used to practice Tai Chi... Many cultures, many methods. It's all the same thing. How you do it is up to you.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJRtZAwVwgo

Others use simple methods of mantra to achieve Enlightenment.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQjHSIHPJfw

In fact I did this mantra before anything else this morning as it assists me to center while I suffer illness.

I personally consider Kundalini activation an important step towards enlightenment / liberation, but by no means the final one.
    Enlightenment?

How about instead of final one....change that to not the only one. It's not that hard ya know.

The real work is in learning, insight, awareness and wisdom. This does not need a kundalini to achieve.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 29th July 2018 at 18:42.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2018), Chris (29th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Melidae (29th July 2018), Wind (29th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Chris View Post
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    Once again, I must strongly object and advise against it, for the reasons I've expounded in post #32 and post #34. Not only is it physiologically very dangerous, but it leads one straight into The Dark Side Of The Force™, so to speak.

Let me give you a little nugget of golden advice, Padawan...: Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
    I'm not really getting your drift here Aragorn. Are you referring to the practice of celibacy here? That is and has been a mainstay of all monastic orders since time immemorial. It may not be physiologically healthy, but there's probably a good reason it is a common practice all over the world. It has definite spiritual benefits.
    No, I was talking of the practice of attaining an orgasm while preventing ejaculation.

The concept of mandatory celibacy on the other hand is also questionable. Yes, it allows one to spend more time on philosophical contemplation — or on other intellectual work, as in the case of Nikola Tesla (even though he would later on come to regret that he had chosen to remain celibate) — and one may thus find more wisdom in the end, but at the cost of alienating oneself from one of the quintessential aspects of humanity, and actually of one's entire being. So then the question remains whether that last bit of extra achievement in enlightenment or intellectual development was really worth the loneliness, and this is a question each individual must answer for themselves. No one should be entitled to decide for someone else in that regard.

Many monastic orders are actually quite authoritarian in that regard. Buddhist monks for instance are required to abstain from romantic/sexual relationships in order to remain pure of worldly desires, so that they might find enlightenment. Catholic monks and priests are obligated to remain celibate because Peter, one of the founders of the Roman Catholic Church, was a misogynist — this notwithstanding the fact that he was married and had children.

Oh, and by the way, Mahatma Gandhi was also married — at the age of 13, in an arranged marriage — and he and his wife had four children. Actually, they had five children, but the first one died after only a couple of days, when Gandhi himself was only 16 or 17 — his wife was a year older than him.

All over the ages — but especially during the reign of the Roman Catholic empire — sexuality has been demonized. And in a way, it is understandable, because all too many people surrender to hedonism — we see that in society in this day and age as well. But at the same time, the total abstention demanded by these religious orders is equally unnatural. And this is one of the things that Protestantism has come to reject. Likewise in Islam, imams are allowed to get married and have a family. So it's not like total abstention would be an absolute requirement for anything.

Some people move from one partner to the next all of their life, without ever going through an extended period of celibacy. Some people even consider their partner a mere accessory, and — thanks to our consumerist society — an expendable and replaceable one at that. It would therefore certainly behoove such people to experience celibacy for a while, because all too many people take their partner — or even the fact that they have a partner — for granted.

At the same time however, a few catastrophic relationships (among which three official engagements (and one semi-official engagement) to be married) notwithstanding, I've been an involuntary celibate — or "incel", as it is called nowadays — for most of my life. And I can tell you that it's not exactly pleasant if you cannot share your life with anyone, and if you have to attend a party where everyone shows up with their partner and you get to sit next to an empty chair, or somewhere in a "weirdo corner" — because the very fact that you're still single means that there must be something wrong with you, right? — or when you're a musician playing a gig, and then after the gig, all the other musicians go sit at the bar with their wife or girlfriend, and the wife or girlfriend lovingly helps them pack up their stuff, while you yourself have to pack up your stuff all alone, haul it all into your car and drive home alone.

As with anything in life, too little of something is just as bad as too much of it. Too much oxygen and you become intoxicated, and you start hallucinating. Too little oxygen and you die. But I'll let The Sweet explain it to you — it's the short version of the song.

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Chris (29th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Melidae (29th July 2018), Shadowself (29th July 2018), Wind (29th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    Enlightenment?

How about instead of final one....change that to not the only one. It's not that hard ya know.

The real work is in learning, insight, awareness and wisdom. This does not need a kundalini to achieve.
    Enlightenment isn't something that can be "achieved" or hurried through actions. You can't get rid of the ego with ego, even though the ego is surely involved in it's own eventual demise and that's the irony. It is part of the soul's evolution and Grace of God plays a huge part with it. There is no person left to claim enlightenment.

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th July 2018), Chris (29th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Maggie (29th July 2018), Melidae (29th July 2018), Shadowself (29th July 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    No, I was talking of the practice of attaining an orgasm while preventing ejaculation.
    Ah yes, I see what you mean. I don't know if I agree with your assessment though. I don't do this any more, but I did it for a short while a few years back when I was going out with a Buddhist girl who was amenable to this sort of thing. I did not do it for spiritual reasons, but it ended up having the unintended side effect of accelerating my Kundalini activation. I then got into a whole lot of trouble over that, as I explained before, and Inanna had to step in personally to save me. Seen from that perspective, perhaps you're right, it can be a dangerous thing.

The concept of mandatory celibacy on the other hand is also questionable. Yes, it allows one to spend more time on philosophical contemplation — or on other intellectual work, as in the case of Nikola Tesla (even though he would later on come to regret that he had chosen to remain celibate) — and one may thus find more wisdom in the end, but at the cost of alienating oneself from one of the quintessential aspects of humanity, and actually of one's entire being. So then the question remains whether that last bit of extra achievement in enlightenment or intellectual development was really worth the loneliness, and this is a question each individual must answer for themselves. No one should be entitled to decide for someone else in that regard.

Many monastic orders are actually quite authoritarian in that regard. Buddhist monks for instance are required to abstain from romantic/sexual relationships in order to remain pure of worldly desires, so that they might find enlightenment. Catholic monks and priests are obligated to remain celibate because Peter, one of the founders of the Roman Catholic Church, was a misogynist — this notwithstanding the fact that he was married and had children.
    I agree. Inhibitions and prohibitions around sex are actually specifically designed to arrest spiritual development and stop it in its tracks. If you can't get past the sexual hangups that manifest in the second chakra, you're not going anywhere.

Oh, and by the way, Mahatma Gandhi was also married — at the age of 13, in an arranged marriage — and he and his wife had four children. Actually, they had five children, but the first one died after only a couple of days, when Gandhi himself was only 16 or 17 — his wife was a year older than him.
    True, but after he had his last child, he swore never to have sex again. He broke his wow twice and was seriously distraught over it. But if rumours are to be believed he did not have a seminal release or even an erection for decades. He took great pride in his celibate lifestyle. Again, I would not recommend that at all.

All over the ages — but especially during the reign of the Roman Catholic empire — sexuality has been demonized. And in a way, it is understandable, because all too many people surrender to hedonism — we see that in society in this day and age as well. But at the same time, the total abstention demanded by these religious orders is equally unnatural. And this is one of the things that Protestantism has come to reject. Likewise in Islam, imams are allowed to get married and have a family. So it's not like total abstention would be an absolute requirement for anything.
    In the case of catholic clergy, this had more to do with property rights and inheritance than sexuality. It was completely ok for them to visit prostitutes, especially in Rome, as long as they were discreet about it. But dividing up property among their (official) children was a complete no-no. Bastards didn't inherit anything so they were tolerated.

Some people move from one partner to the next all of their life, without ever going through an extended period of celibacy. Some people even consider their partner a mere accessory, and — thanks to our consumerist society — an expendable and replaceable one at that. It would therefore certainly behoove such people to experience celibacy for a while, because all too many people take their partner — or even the fact that they have a partner — for granted.
    I would say there certainly are some spiritual benefits to that. Not being obsessed with sex seems to be a pretty important step in spiritual development, according to pretty much any source you care to study.

At the same time however, a few catastrophic relationships (among which three official engagements (and one semi-official engagement) to be married) notwithstanding, I've been an involuntary celibate — or "incel", as it is called nowadays — for most of my life. And I can tell you that it's not exactly pleasant if you cannot share your life with anyone, and if you have to attend a party where everyone shows up with their partner and you get to sit next to an empty chair, or somewhere in a "weirdo corner" — because the very fact that you're still single means that there must be something wrong with you, right? — or when you're a musician playing a gig, and then after the gig, all the other musicians go sit at the bar with their wife or girlfriend, and the wife or girlfriend lovingly helps them pack up their stuff, while you yourself have to pack up your stuff all alone, haul it all into your car and drive home alone.

As with anything in life, too little of something is just as bad as too much of it. Too much oxygen and you become intoxicated, and you start hallucinating. Too little oxygen and you die. But I'll let The Sweet explain it to you — it's the short version of the song.
    I'd say that's the price you pay for choosing the spiritual path over the material path. If you want a wife, children, family life, etc... that's fine, but it won't give you much time or energy to pursue a spiritual path. The way they solve this conflict between the spiritual and material in India, is that men have traditionally been expected to marry early, devote their lives to their careers, their children and their wife until their first-born son reaches adulthood. Then they renounce all material possessions and take up the life of a wandering ascetic for the rest of their lives. This usually happens around age 50. Unfortunately this would be impossible to do in the West, for many reasons. Women will often join a monastic order at around the same age for the same reason.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Wind (29th July 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Wind View Post
    Enlightenment isn't something that can be "achieved" or hurried through actions. You can't get rid of the ego with ego, even though the ego is surely involved in it's own eventual demise and that's the irony. It is part of the soul's evolution and Grace of God plays a huge part with it. There is no person left to claim enlightenment.
    Yes, I was trying to explain that part, but failed miserably. Although I refer to the divine in the context of enlightenment as female, The Goddess rather than God. Divine Grace is what really makes enlightenment possible, but it remains unfathomable to us. We simply don't understand why the Divine would Grace someone with her gifts and not others. There doesn't seem to be any logic to it at all, it appears to happen on a whim and that really seems to offend some sensibilities.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Wind (29th July 2018)

Thanks

I'd say that's the price you pay for choosing the spiritual path over the material path.
    If you want a wife, children, family life, etc... that's fine, but it won't give you much time or energy to pursue a spiritual path.
    Whoa!!!!!!!!! Says who?
    Last edited by Shadowself, 29th July 2018 at 19:59.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Fred Steeves (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Maggie (29th July 2018), Melidae (29th July 2018), modwiz (29th July 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Whoa!!!!!!!!! Says who?
    I am sure the comment is applicable to all the authorities because IF we are having an authentic experience of our "self", no other person can determine the validity. I am sick and tired of sanctimonious authority.

I never had heard of the term "incel" and actually what it looks to be is very superficial complaint from "guys" that the "girls" won't give it up to them. In the last many years when I began researching "manifestation" tech, I came across a HUGE body of work aimed at "manipulating" for sex. It seemed quite strange to me because as a female, I am not seeing my worth based on quantity of sex. Obviously this whole vast subject of sexuality is FILLED with taboo, shame, misnomer, distrust, distress, unfulfilled longing that is IMO way MORE about involuntary (seeming) disconnection from self and others.

I am a widow who after my partner died lost interest in the social games of male/female attraction so no surprise I am not "in" relationships. If anyone IS wanting a relationship, that person WILL IMO have to be amenable to compromises and willing to "look" the part of a "suitable" partner. By compromise I mean doing things one may not like and looking the part, I mean literally dressing. This is because one s entering into a social program. One is playing in the courting ritual.

As far as energy (by whatever description), I am with Shadowself about life force being already online and the work being to clear channels. IMO religion (and what we call spiritual seeking) is predicated on belief that we are alone, unworthy, guilty, sick, sad, impoverished, bad, wrong, disgusting, and just about every pejortive descriptor. The idea is that IF we work to overcome our sins (by whatever name), MAYBE we might be "enough" to have whatever fruits we seek. IMO all these are the blockade because in my experience, the life force flowing well needs physical correlates of relaxation, emotional correlates of calm satisfaction and mental correlates of matter of fact self acceptance.

Until we are dead, IMO it is NEVER too late to have a full sexual or what ever desired experience when we let ourselves. I am looking to be the kind of person who is loved and loves. I'd rather not have to play the courting game and the kind of love I mean is not actually needing a recipient and I feel loved even when alone. It might be nice if a particular person and I fit but I am just fine and actually benefited by having no strong ties. I have no doubt that any isolation has been (maybe unconsciously) REQUESTED. I believe we are all powerfully creating our own experience!!!

I am sorry to say that I am unable to tolerate the people who think they know it all for others and set themselves up as leaders of the sociopolicospiritual memes. I feel nauseated by experts telling me how to get "right" with "god/dess". They should just mind their business and share their own struggles because I am 100% sure they are hypocrites and liars when telling me what is "true". I hope it is noted that I thnk its fine to share an opinion as long as it is clear "this is true FOR me IMO". I also think I have the right to change my opinion based on experience.
    Last edited by Maggie, 29th July 2018 at 22:14.

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (29th July 2018), Kathy (29th July 2018), Melidae (30th July 2018), modwiz (29th July 2018), Shadowself (29th July 2018), Wind (30th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    I am sure the comment is applicable to all the authorities because IF we are having an authentic experience of our "self", no other person can determine the validity. I am sick and tired of sanctimonious authority.

I never had heard of the term "incel" and actually what it looks to be is very superficial complaint from "guys" that the "girls" won't give it up to them. In the last many years when I began researching "manifestation" tech, I came across a HUGE body of work aimed at "manipulating" for sex. It seemed quite strange to me because as a female, I am not seeing my worth based on quantity of sex. Obviously this whole vast subject of sexuality is FILLED with taboo, shame, misnomer, distrust, distress, unfulfilled longing that is IMO way MORE about involuntary (seeming) disconnection from self and others.

I am a widow who after my partner died lost interest in the social games of male/female attraction so no surprise I am not "in" relationships. If anyone IS wanting a relationship, that person WILL IMO have to be amenable to compromises and willing to "look" the part of a "suitable" partner. By compromise I mean doing things one may not like and looking the part, I mean literally dressing. This is because one s entering into a social program. One is playing in the courting ritual.

As far as energy (by whatever description), I am with Shadowself about life force being already online and the work being to clear channels. IMO religion (and what we call spiritual seeking) is predicated on belief that we are alone, unworthy, guilty, sick, sad, impoverished, bad, wrong, disgusting, and just about every pejortive descriptor. The idea is that IF we work to overcome our sins (by whatever name), MAYBE we might be "enough" to have whatever fruits we seek. IMO all these are the blockade because in my experience, the life force flowing well needs physical correlates of relaxation, emotional correlates of calm satisfaction and mental correlates of matter of fact self acceptance.

Until we are dead, IMO it is NEVER too late to have a full sexual or what ever desired experience when we let ourselves. I am looking to be the kind of person who is loved and loves. I'd rather not have to play the courting game and the kind of love I mean is not actually needing a recipient and I feel loved even when alone. It might be nice if a particular person and I fit but I am just fine and actually benefited by having no strong ties. I have no doubt that any isolation has been (maybe unconsciously) REQUESTED. I believe we are all powerfully creating our own experience!!!

I am sorry to say that I am unable to tolerate the people who think they know it all for others and set themselves up as leaders of the sociopolicospiritual memes. I feel nauseated by experts telling me how to get "right" with "god/dess". They should just mind their business and share their own struggles because I am 100% sure they are hypocrites and liars when telling me what is "true". I hope it is noted that I thnk its fine to share an opinion as long as it is clear "this is true FOR me IMO". I also think I have the right to change my opinion based on experience.
    For Whatever its worth:

Sometimes that 'for me' is implicit...and if the recipient cares to think 'me too' it is cool. If not, that should be cool, too. I agree, 'for me' is hugely important. And, of course, we all have the right to simply disagree.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Kathy (30th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    [...] I've been an involuntary celibate — or "incel", as it is called nowadays — for most of my life.
    I never had heard of the term "incel" and actually what it looks to be is very superficial complaint from "guys" that the "girls" won't give it up to them.
    The term "incel" actually came into the public awareness after one of the many shootings in the USA, and particularly so after an incident where an involuntary celibate male killed several females out of frustration — I believe it happened at a mall, but don't pin me down on this.

It then quickly turned out that the term "incel" was a moniker that the FBI and other alphabet soup agencies were using in their internal communication for referring to an involuntary celibate. And that in itself then also speaks volumes about the extent of social profiling going on within these agencies.

In the event of said shooting, it did indeed pertain to a guy — he was still in his twenties, so not exactly old enough yet to get into a panic about having to remain single for the rest of his life — who was frustrated because he had never slept with a woman. But that's just a superficial excuse, because one of my friends is in his forties and he too has never slept with a woman either — he suffers from social anxiety — but I'm pretty sure that he never thought about picking up a gun and shooting down girls at a mall in revenge.

If you're going to be shooting down people at random somewhere, then you've got other problems than the fact that you're not getting laid. And it's not the availability of firearms in the USA that's the problem either — that's just a politicized red herring. Once again — and many Americans will once again hate me for saying it — the problem sits far deeper, namely at the root of American culture itself. The two best-paid professional branches in the USA are lawyers and psychiatrists. I'd say that's pretty indicative enough.

Anyway, all of this is off-topic. I just wanted to clarify where the term "incel" comes from. And so now you know.
    = DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (31st July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Kathy (30th July 2018), modwiz (30th July 2018), Shadowself (30th July 2018), Wind (30th July 2018)

Thanks
    I'd say that's the price you pay for choosing the spiritual path over the material path. If you want a wife, children, family life, etc... that's fine, but it won't give you much time or energy to pursue a spiritual path. The way they solve this conflict between the spiritual and material in India, is that men have traditionally been expected to marry early, devote their lives to their careers, their children and their wife until their first-born son reaches adulthood. Then they renounce all material possessions and take up the life of a wandering ascetic for the rest of their lives. This usually happens around age 50. Unfortunately this would be impossible to do in the West, for many reasons. Women will often join a monastic order at around the same age for the same reason.

Whoa!!!!!!!!! Says who?
    Well since you've yet to address this question allow me to reiterate.

Just because you subscribe to many outdated modes of backward thinking like this....does not mean it's true.

Time to step up to the NEW PARADIGM!

As a species we have evolved. Our DNA has evolved. Our understand of what is true as to the this statement you've made is the very evolution of humanity itself. The grand experiment if that suits you. Whatever you choose to call it that kind of thinking is not only outdated....it's most assuredly not true.

The VAST MAJORITY of people starting a family consider it a spiritual path. That life force of the universe you keep spouting about that seems to be elusive to those you have said may be deemed unworthy (in your own words) is within the miracle birth of your own child. And it's a powerful thing. A man who sees his child take its first breath will be driven to uncontrollable tears of joy.

Many parents find that bringing up children furthers their spiritual development. Seen in the right way, parenthood can itself be a spiritual path, bringing a heightened sense of love, wonder and appreciation.

Part of the reason why bringing up children can be a spiritual experience is because children are such strongly spiritual beings themselves. They naturally have many of the qualities which, as adults, we try to cultivate through spiritual development. They can be your teacher!

children are naturally mindful. They always live fully in the present, and the world is always a fantastically real and interesting place to them. Babies and young children are actually more conscious and more vividly aware of their external world and internal life than adults are. They have an ‘infinite capacity for wonder’ which we adults only experience at our highest moments!

Just because you are not interested it family for the sake of a sexually inspired kundalini for the purpose of enlightenment and what did you say? Better psychic abilities? It does not make it true for the vast majority of families which find being a family is indeed spiritual and provides the most important ingredient to that very same spiritual path....that would be UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now: As for psychic abilities and Spirituality: You stated that having a kundalini develops Psychic abilities...you said it also as inclusive to enlightenment and thus a spiritual path.

Psychic abilities do not make for spirituality.

I personally wish I did not have such leanings. I never wanted to see the death of my husband at the age of 8 only for it to happen exactly as I saw it. I did not not want to see my son's funeral a year before. It's the kind of thing you don't want to see. It's in fact the worst thing I've ever experienced! I was born this way. I don't consider it one bit spiritual! It just is.

~

First of all....the dark have psychic abilities
    If you have heard of the lower regions of the underworld, you may discover that they have some “supernatural” powers as well. Ghosts, spirits and poltergeists-like beings exercises the same psychic abilities.

Yet, they do not radiate a spiritual presence at all!

Satanist Aleister Crowley was a living proof of someone who has attained psychic abilities for wicked purposes. The self-proclaimed 21st century occultist’s practices included sex magic, invoking spirits, abducting and raping children, and taking opium, heroin, and cocaine.

Following one of Crowley’s (Frater Perdurabo) psychic workings for human sacrifice, he stated:

“A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim.”

~

All earthly beings have psychic abilities. Animals are Psychic. Plants are Psychic.

One of the greatest reason why psychic is not spiritual is that there are many psychic people who do not know who they are, why they are here, and where they are going.

You would think all the mediums and astral travelers would find reliable insight to wisdom. But there appears to be more emphasis in the techniques and the powers than in understanding life.

If we were to compare two students, one who practices psychic powers for 30 years and the other who studies spirituality for 30 years, who will gain wisdom? Who will be more closer to enlightenment? Who will have more self-mastery?

The Thirst for Psychic Powers
    Why would anyone wish to attain psychic powers? There are many motivations for attaining them.

Some wishes to heal others, help others, seek to understand unknown phenomena, discover something new and share experiences with the world. But these motivations are not a thirst and are quickly moved on. Those specifically seeking out psychic abilities often have different motives and sometimes they are mixed.

In general, people want to develop psychic powers of any kind is due to them being spiritually ignorant.

The media has portrayed psychic abilities as something cool. some of these people are truly convinced that they are a superhero whose mission in life is to save the world from some impending doom. Perhaps they believe themselves to be a prophet. So they want to acquire the greatest power of all.

Rather, the whole mission is in accumulating power and not in living a spiritual life. They may tell themselves that it’s just a way of expressing their spirituality but their behaviors give away their true purpose, if they realise it themselves.

The intent on helping people is a noble purpose, but the method in achieving that is not found in gaining psychic powers. Often the superhero turns into a powerless villain fairly shortly.

While the powerless individual is stuck in the past, the superhero is creating his own ego. He/she is playing make-belief on a grand scale.

They attribute psychic experiences with spiritual significance. Often they are just deluded about their own importance and their abilities. They may believe themselves to be more spiritual, smarter and better than others. While they have sentimental expression for psychic activities, any true spiritual lessons with a goal of enlightenment, common sense and wisdom escapes their grasp.

Psychic does not equal Spiritual and/or enlightenment.

What is the danger of psychic powers?

It distracts one from their spiritual path. It stops them from developing their own consciousness and spiritual growth.

But the seeker may look at this and think to himself/herself: “What could possibly be so dangerous?” or “I feel fine and many people are doing it…so it’s okay.” Unfortunately, this is exactly the behavior of those who don’t know any better.

1) It’s a waste of time. It is also not guaranteed for you to develop it in one lifetime because certain powers, like walking on waters, requires you to have worked on it in past lifetimes.

2) It exaggerates your weaknesses. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

Power developed immaturely will increase whatever tendencies one may have whether it be lust, anger, fear, or impulsiveness.

So if you have a slight anxiety, imagine having anxiety 100x. If you have a slight tendency for anger, then psychic powers will increase the chance for you to use it to destroy others. Then suppose you desire to attract someone, it’s easier to be tempted to use those powers for your own ends.

But the more dangerous part isn’t in having power but in getting disappointed when it didn’t work. So it is the same for the people who became prideful of astral traveling only to be afraid of the “shadow people” they meet or opening the third eye and then seeing the horrors of their own imaginations. Everyone thinks they are the exception.

But I assure you that when the ego gets a hold of some form of power, the power will be too much for them.

3) You will abuse it. The saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely is true in this case.

Mankind are not good with handling power very well throughout history. After all, the majority are not in control of their mind and body to any great extent.

Since the ego is limited, it is not aware of the right way to use psychic powers.

What if performing a healing or reading on someone influences them to make worst decisions? What if psychic use leads to the psychiatric hospital? And what if you accidentally released destructive power on someone, causing harm to all families involved?

Then it will lead to violating the freedom of others.

Surely those who seek after psychic powers will say, “But I need it!”

Those are the ones who will likely abuse it......... for a NEED is a form of desperation and desperation derives from weakness.
    Last edited by Shadowself, 30th July 2018 at 12:44.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (31st July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Fred Steeves (30th July 2018), Melidae (30th July 2018), Wind (30th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 27,303 Times in 7,219 Posts
    With great power comes great responsibility.

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wind For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (31st July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Melidae (30th July 2018), Shadowself (30th July 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Sorry guys, on the road right now, travelling. Can't really post right now. Will try later on during the week. Wish you all the best in the meanwhile and sending my best wishes from beautiful Krakow.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (31st July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Wind (30th July 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Well since you've yet to address this question allow me to reiterate.

Just because you subscribe to many outdated modes of backward thinking like this....does not mean it's true.

Time to step up to the NEW PARADIGM!

As a species we have evolved. Our DNA has evolved. Our understand of what is true as to the this statement you've made is the very evolution of humanity itself. The grand experiment if that suits you. Whatever you choose to call it that kind of thinking is not only outdated....it's most assuredly not true.

The VAST MAJORITY of people starting a family consider it a spiritual path. That life force of the universe you keep spouting about that seems to be elusive to those you have said may be deemed unworthy (in your own words) is within the miracle birth of your own child. And it's a powerful thing. A man who sees his child take its first breath will be driven to uncontrollable tears of joy.

Many parents find that bringing up children furthers their spiritual development. Seen in the right way, parenthood can itself be a spiritual path, bringing a heightened sense of love, wonder and appreciation.

Part of the reason why bringing up children can be a spiritual experience is because children are such strongly spiritual beings themselves. They naturally have many of the qualities which, as adults, we try to cultivate through spiritual development. They can be your teacher!

children are naturally mindful. They always live fully in the present, and the world is always a fantastically real and interesting place to them. Babies and young children are actually more conscious and more vividly aware of their external world and internal life than adults are. They have an ‘infinite capacity for wonder’ which we adults only experience at our highest moments!

Just because you are not interested it family for the sake of a sexually inspired kundalini for the purpose of enlightenment and what did you say? Better psychic abilities? It does not make it true for the vast majority of families which find being a family is indeed spiritual and provides the most important ingredient to that very same spiritual path....that would be UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now: As for psychic abilities and Spirituality: You stated that having a kundalini develops Psychic abilities...you said it also as inclusive to enlightenment and thus a spiritual path.

Psychic abilities do not make for spirituality.

I personally wish I did not have such leanings. I never wanted to see the death of my husband at the age of 8 only for it to happen exactly as I saw it. I did not not want to see my son's funeral a year before. It's the kind of thing you don't want to see. It's in fact the worst thing I've ever experienced! I was born this way. I don't consider it one bit spiritual! It just is.

~

First of all....the dark have psychic abilities
    If you have heard of the lower regions of the underworld, you may discover that they have some “supernatural” powers as well. Ghosts, spirits and poltergeists-like beings exercises the same psychic abilities.

Yet, they do not radiate a spiritual presence at all!

Satanist Aleister Crowley was a living proof of someone who has attained psychic abilities for wicked purposes. The self-proclaimed 21st century occultist’s practices included sex magic, invoking spirits, abducting and raping children, and taking opium, heroin, and cocaine.

Following one of Crowley’s (Frater Perdurabo) psychic workings for human sacrifice, he stated:

“A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim.”

~

All earthly beings have psychic abilities. Animals are Psychic. Plants are Psychic.

One of the greatest reason why psychic is not spiritual is that there are many psychic people who do not know who they are, why they are here, and where they are going.

You would think all the mediums and astral travelers would find reliable insight to wisdom. But there appears to be more emphasis in the techniques and the powers than in understanding life.

If we were to compare two students, one who practices psychic powers for 30 years and the other who studies spirituality for 30 years, who will gain wisdom? Who will be more closer to enlightenment? Who will have more self-mastery?

The Thirst for Psychic Powers
    Why would anyone wish to attain psychic powers? There are many motivations for attaining them.

Some wishes to heal others, help others, seek to understand unknown phenomena, discover something new and share experiences with the world. But these motivations are not a thirst and are quickly moved on. Those specifically seeking out psychic abilities often have different motives and sometimes they are mixed.

In general, people want to develop psychic powers of any kind is due to them being spiritually ignorant.

The media has portrayed psychic abilities as something cool. some of these people are truly convinced that they are a superhero whose mission in life is to save the world from some impending doom. Perhaps they believe themselves to be a prophet. So they want to acquire the greatest power of all.

Rather, the whole mission is in accumulating power and not in living a spiritual life. They may tell themselves that it’s just a way of expressing their spirituality but their behaviors give away their true purpose, if they realise it themselves.

The intent on helping people is a noble purpose, but the method in achieving that is not found in gaining psychic powers. Often the superhero turns into a powerless villain fairly shortly.

While the powerless individual is stuck in the past, the superhero is creating his own ego. He/she is playing make-belief on a grand scale.

They attribute psychic experiences with spiritual significance. Often they are just deluded about their own importance and their abilities. They may believe themselves to be more spiritual, smarter and better than others. While they have sentimental expression for psychic activities, any true spiritual lessons with a goal of enlightenment, common sense and wisdom escapes their grasp.

Psychic does not equal Spiritual and/or enlightenment.

What is the danger of psychic powers?

It distracts one from their spiritual path. It stops them from developing their own consciousness and spiritual growth.

But the seeker may look at this and think to himself/herself: “What could possibly be so dangerous?” or “I feel fine and many people are doing it…so it’s okay.” Unfortunately, this is exactly the behavior of those who don’t know any better.

1) It’s a waste of time. It is also not guaranteed for you to develop it in one lifetime because certain powers, like walking on waters, requires you to have worked on it in past lifetimes.

2) It exaggerates your weaknesses. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses.

Power developed immaturely will increase whatever tendencies one may have whether it be lust, anger, fear, or impulsiveness.

So if you have a slight anxiety, imagine having anxiety 100x. If you have a slight tendency for anger, then psychic powers will increase the chance for you to use it to destroy others. Then suppose you desire to attract someone, it’s easier to be tempted to use those powers for your own ends.

But the more dangerous part isn’t in having power but in getting disappointed when it didn’t work. So it is the same for the people who became prideful of astral traveling only to be afraid of the “shadow people” they meet or opening the third eye and then seeing the horrors of their own imaginations. Everyone thinks they are the exception.

But I assure you that when the ego gets a hold of some form of power, the power will be too much for them.

3) You will abuse it. The saying that absolute power corrupts absolutely is true in this case.

Mankind are not good with handling power very well throughout history. After all, the majority are not in control of their mind and body to any great extent.

Since the ego is limited, it is not aware of the right way to use psychic powers.

What if performing a healing or reading on someone influences them to make worst decisions? What if psychic use leads to the psychiatric hospital? And what if you accidentally released destructive power on someone, causing harm to all families involved?

Then it will lead to violating the freedom of others.

Surely those who seek after psychic powers will say, “But I need it!”

Those are the ones who will likely abuse it......... for a NEED is a form of desperation and desperation derives from weakness.
    This is a great post and I am so glad you placed it here.

I have actually felt god within me and no one can persuade me otherwise now. This is new so it all was just an intellectual idea at one time. IMO the new paradigm is dispensing with dogma, ritual, and the cults of hierarchy. Now IMO it is about bringing out our own connection to the "force" of life which is sentience and love flowing and which is communicable through our actions. No one can make another feel one's personal connection but can show what people do when connected. Connected people know spiritual is about loving by parenting, gardening, creating, laughing, building AND DECONSTRUCTION: CLEANING AND HEALING.

IMO the need that leads to desperation (and pretense, cheating, manipulation, power over, thirst for psychic abilities etc.) may well be because of belief in one's powerlessness and unworthiness to reach "god" and "good"? The old paradigm of gurus and priests implied that we must have some intermediary to intercede with god. The god in question IMO is known in our quiet moments when we can feel the paradox of POWER in stillness and peace. IMO we cannot feel god so well at first in the hustle bustle and that is why meditation helps us in the mundane to stay in direct connection...it attunes us.This neutralizes the "religion cults". Without our direct feeling, they could instill shame. This led to our willingness to accept the lowly status and the priest's ELEVATED status (the catholic church actually teaches priests are NOT mere mortals).

IMO the new paradigm is that being alive is forever and god is everywhere and nothing is permanent and all is well and there is no hell. There seem to be consequences for our behavior so IMO to be kind and to love is behavior at the top of the hierarchical ladder of "power in".
    Last edited by Maggie, 30th July 2018 at 16:39.

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Dreamtimer (31st July 2018), Elen (30th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Melidae (30th July 2018), Shadowself (30th July 2018)

Thanks
    I say ditto to you and your response! Also your previous post.

There are things that have been said in this thread that are so contradictory it threw me for a loop yesterday. I was quite frankly speechless and unable to respond as to some of the assertions.

IMO the new paradigm is that being alive is forever and god is everywhere and nothing is permanent and all is well and there is no hell. There seem to be consequences for our behavior so IMO to be kind and to love is behavior at the top of the hierarchical ladder of "power in".
    I couldn't agree more. love is one of the greatest powers and when given can do more healing than any doctor, psychic or priest!

I'm fairly certain it's what we will evolve to understand one day as a civilization and when we do then the real magic will occur!

We will in fact become a truly advanced civilization! We will bless our neighbors with kindness and giving. Rebuild our future with strength of compassion. Hate is not a word we use in our vocabulary. Giving is our key to success. Money will lose it's power and everyone will be worthy to receive the love that some chosen god and priest of the past has denied!
    Last edited by Shadowself, 30th July 2018 at 19:36.

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Shadowself For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th July 2018), Chris (1st August 2018), Elen (31st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th July 2018), Kathy (30th July 2018)