Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 916171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Kundalini Awakening, Chakras, Enlightenment, Heaven and related matters.

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,908 Times in 1,858 Posts
    Since meditation came up quite a few times on this thread, it seems worthwhile to expand on the topic in a bit more detail.

I am by no means and expert on meditation, what I will discuss here is strictly my opinion and the techniques used are what worked for me. Every person is different and what works for you might be very different too.

I have my own views on meditative techniques that largely ignore tradition, convention and consensus. They are based on extensive experimentation and focus on the essentials.

First of all, what position should you use? I believe this is of limited importance. You definitely don’t have to sit cross-legged and contort yourself into various positions. Don’t forget that the Western equivalent of sitting cross-legged is sitting on a comfy chair or sofa. Keeping your spine fairly straight helps with the flow of energy. A wooden bench in a park is perfectly fine. If you must sit cross-legged (why? are you Indian? Because for them that is a comfortable resting position. It isn’t for us. Same thing with squatting), feel free to lean against a wall or a tree.
    I myself prefer to lie down on my back and raise both hands. I will also keep my mouth slightly open, as well as my eyes, going from closed eyes to open, but defocussed eyes, depending on my own needs. Opening your eyes and your mouth helps with the flow of energy. Raising your arms has the same effect. If you find raising your arms too tiring (it will be at first), you can raise just one arm and alternate as one gets tired. It is also a good trick to keep your elbows resting on the ground and raise both forearms. Just make sure you find a comfortable position, which you can hold for as long as possible (ideally, for up to an hour each time, though any amount of time is better than nothing).

It is very important to relax, much like you would when going to sleep. Because your arms are raised, you should be able to keep yourself from falling asleep. Every time your arms start dropping, you will wake up. The trick is to keep your consciousness in a state that is halfway between sleep and wakefulness. You should be fully alert and awake, but also relaxed, with your thoughts flowing freely. Your thoughts will wander, which is fine, but you should keep ultimate control and gently direct your thoughts back to where they should be. This state of mind is a form of wakeful dreaming, it is called Yoga Nidra, or the Yogi’s Dream in Sanskrit.

Once you can maintain your consciousness in this relaxed, but alert state, you can practice „letting go”. This is much harder than it sounds. My own method is to concentrate on my breathing and with each (slow) exhalation, push the tension in my chest downwards. As you exhale and release the tension towards your abdomen, you should feel a pulsating sensation in that area. With each exhalation, more tension gets released from your upper body and it gets absorbed by your lower chakras, ultimately exiting your body at the base of the spine. Another trick to use to is to concentrate both on the air exiting your nostrils (you should explicitly concentrate on the sensation of the air sliding against the skin and hair in your nostrils) and the sensation of inhaling and exhaling in your lungs. You should practice this, as by concentrating on both sensations, your thoughts cease momentarily. Yet another trick is to keep your lungs deflated after releasing the tension from your lungs during exhalation, like I described earlier. You should stay in this state as long as it is comfortable and wait until your sympathetic nervous system kicks in to inflate your lungs again (usually this is done quite rapidly as your reflexes kick in, but in the few seconds before that, you will experience serenity and a cessation of thought).

The final breathing technique I’d recommend is also done to release tension. It is to take short, rapid breaths repeatedly, again as long as it’s comfortable, then to release tension with a long and slow exhalation. The advantage of this technique is that it collects and builds up tension from all over the body, then suddenly releases it when exhaling. I find this one particularly effective and is a technique used by many to achieve altered states of consciousness without the help of psychedelics.

I would recommend alternating these techniques and to only use them as long as they cause no discomfort. The rest of the time, it is best to trust your own body and let it breathe naturally. As you go deeper into meditation, it will naturally breathe in a way that best achieves your intended state of mind. The techniques I described above came to me naturally during meditation and were my body’s way of achieving the deep meditative states I wished for.

We now move on to thoughts and what to do with them. It is normally impossible to achieve a state of pure consciousness where thoughts cease, but with the techniques described above, it can be achieved temporarily. Even a few seconds can be bliss in the constant noise of our own thoughts. When thoughts cease, sensations come into the foreground. Those are what you should concentrate on.

There will be various unfamiliar sensations in your body, such as buzzing, a feeling of heat, a sudden release of energy as various blocks clear up, nerve ends tingling, hairs standing on end, involuntary spasms and movements, etc…

It is important to let go and allow these sensations to run their course. They are generally a sign of your body releasing tension and the flow of energy speeding up. Embrace these sensations, but do not get attached to them. Do not force your body to do anything, at this point the energies are in control and you should let them run their course. Once they’re done with the cleansing, you will feel much lighter and more relaxed, as if after a hot bath.

You will still have thoughts during this process, you cannot force them to stop, but you can go beyond them and realise that they are not really „your” thoughts, they’re in fact generated by the brain in the physical realm and as you move beyond identification with your physical body, you will recognise them as just another bodily function. At this point you will experience pure consciousness and direct knowing. It is often accompanied by a sensation of heat and light, especially in the head. You may suddenly have profound realisations about the nature of things and how things are. Solutions to seemingly intractable problems might pop into your mind in an instant. This inflow of direct knowing can be overwhelming, but you must learn to keep control of it.

Practice non-attachment to your thoughts and feelings. They are just temporary ripples on the smooth surface of consciousness. As various energy centres (Chakras) get activated, long-suppressed feelings and memories can come rushing back, often highly unpleasant ones.

Remember that time you made a fool of yourself in front of everyone and were super embarrassed? Yep, you’ll most likely have to relive that one over and over again, until you learn to accept it, deal with it, let it go and move on. The cleansing process that comes with activating your energy centres will trigger this, but this is of highly therapeutic value, not unlike a self-psychoanalysis.

It may take a long time to get results in meditation and it is certainly not as easy as it looks and sounds, but the rewards are considerable. Also, you cannot go backwards. Any progress you make will stay with you for life, so even little steps have lasting effects.

Also, this is simply my point of view, written from my own personal experience. There are as many ways to meditate as there are people. Others prefer visualisations, concentrating on various sacred objects or concepts, reciting mantras or prayers, etc… There are no good or bad techniques, only what works for you personally. I encourage you to find your own way.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (26th November 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (27th November 2018), Emil El Zapato (27th November 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    My past interactions with light beings have been on my mind lately. It is difficult to reintegrate into the "real" world of matter after experiencing this higher realm and communicating with beings who are from there. My contact and channel to these higher realms was Inanna/Ishtar, who I still miss greatly. Once you have built up a relationship with a light being, severing that link is very much like a break-up and it hurts just as badly.

If you search for "light beings" in google, this is the first page that comes up and despite its brevity and lack of detail, I find it is an accurate representation of these beings and how one might communicate with them:

https://omtimes.com/2016/05/light-beings/

What are Light Beings?

by Sunanda Sharma

Light beings exist in higher dimensional fields as pure energy. Most light beings exist in fifth dimension or higher dimensions. They are usually tall beings, exuding very high energy. Their presence is more like solar energy present around us. Sometimes, light beings may contact us if some transmission is to be passed on. It’s a one-of-a-kind type of experience. Their energy can transmute eons of psychic layers carried by us within seconds.

Ascended masters are camouflaged light beings. A few of these light beings are present today amongst us in disguised human form. To quote an example, the siddhas, or self-realized souls of the Himalayas, are light beings in disguised human form. These siddhas are ageless, timeless and dimensionless. They can live and die at will. They are meditating for hundreds of years to increase the earth’s vibration. They are also called the ascension masters. There are around 215 siddhas located on earth. They have the power to materialize and dematerialize their body into light, ‘at will’.

Human beings can contact higher dimensional beings through the following ways:

1. Meditation
    Most of the meditative practices aim at increasing one’s vibrational frequency. At a delta state, one can access higher dimensional beings or light beings.

2. Dream Visitation
    Another way light beings can be contacted is through our dreams. One can make an intention before sleeping to be contacted by a light being and let it manifest in divine timing.

3. Astral Travel
    We can contact a light being on an astral plane. During an induced astral travel, one can intend to contact an astral light being.

How Do Light Beings Communicate?
    An intriguing fact about light beings is their mode of communication. The fundamental basis behind interstellar communication is thought transference or telepathy. Aliens from other planets also communicate through telepathy. All higher dimensional beings live in an etheric form. Etheric reality is consciousness existing in higher realms or the fifth dimension. On Earth, consciousness is condensed and seen as a physical reality. In the third dimension, communication is either ‘heard’ or ‘written’. In the fifth dimension, communication is mind-to-mind.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (12th December 2018), Dreamtimer (12th December 2018), Elen (12th December 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th December 2018)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    This isn’t Kundalini-related strictly speaking, but I experience prophetic dreams sometimes. These are lucid dreams, in that I’m fully present in my physical body, and I am a different person, living a completely different life and having a different identity. These prophetic dreams almost always take place in the future. I am always human in them and the other participants are also human, yet the location is not always earth. These future lives are shown to me to teach me about mistakes I have made in the future. This may sound counterintuitive but for multi-dimensional entities, which includes our higher Selves, past, present and future are no different from each other.

This time period and this current life is important to me, because all my future and past selves are being integrated into this one life and one body. I must learn all the lessons of the future, past and present in this life, because there won’t be another one, I am going back to source after this life, in fact I’m pretty much halfway there already. All future, past and parallel timelines and my selves in them will integrate into this present timeline and self, ending all of their material existences at once and culminating in a singularity of immense proportions energetically and an infinitemesally small size in spacetime. I will no longer be, from a physical perspective, yet I will become Infinite in spirit.

Last night I meditated on Lord Shiva and the Absolute. I have reached the farthest point away from our physical world that I think is possible, whilst still in this body. I was infinite Light and Love, nothing else. The universe looked small. I was present everywhere, even in places the created universe has no concept of. There are vast, infinite realms beyond anything we can imagine even beyond the abode of the gods. There truly is no limit to consciousness and we can never hope to comprehend infinity whilst in a finite form. We have to become the Absolute, to understand it.

Going back to the topic of future timelines, these are never shown to me in their entirety, I get glimpses of humanity’s future, usually just a couple of scenes from the life of a future self of mine, though I am always fully present in the experience and I have no awareness or memory of my „current” self. I am fully living another life, but I’m still me, if that makes sense.

These scenes often take place on space or another planet. Yesterday night I was on a spacecraft (it looked fairly similar to earth technology we currently have, perhaps a few decades or a century ahead of current technology), though I could only see a small section of it. We were hurtling helplessly towards a space station in orbit of a planet, that looked earth-like but from what I could see through a small window, wasn’t actually Earth. I was frantically trying to fix a malfunctioning part (and I can still see all of this very vividly now, including the part, the tool I was using and how I was trying to fix it). For some reason I didn’t fully trust my partner who was giving me instructions over a com-line ( I was in a space suit in an unpressurised part of the craft, but still inside it. I could see the space station, which looked like a more advanced and bigger version of the ISS, getting ever closer) and I made a major mistake. I somehow got paranoid (could have been due to the space environment, claustrophobia and lack of oxygen) and developed this disturbing delusion that she was trying to mislead me and I should do the exact opposite of what she was instructing me to do. When she found out what I have done all I heard was: „Well, you’re going to end up in a Wheelchair”.

I then realised the horrible truth, that I did the exact opposite of what I was supposed to and could not fix the malfunctioning part on the craft on time. I then saw that we were about to hit the space station. I felt this enormous impact, especially on my spine and I woke up in a start, feeling genuine pain in my back and quite a bit of panic. I get quite a few of these future-life „flashbacks” these days and they always contain an important lesson I’m supposed to learn. I can’t be sure, but from the feelings I had for her, I think I was romantically involved with this woman, she may even have been my wife. I went completely paranoid and failed to trust her when it most mattered, thus the scene ending in complete disaster for both of us. I felt genuine sadness and regret at my betrayal of and lack of trust in her. This mistake must have been bothering my higher self for quite a while. Again, don’t get bogged down with the fact that this happened in the future. It is immaterial from the point of view of the higher Self.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I just dreamed that I was on a field trip with school mates to another planet...we were doing experiments in terraforming...it seemed like a pointless and annoying dream. Part of the process was a teacher/leader giving us the means to find our designated 'world'.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 25th February 2019 at 09:34.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Chris (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    I just dreamed that I was on a field trip with school mates to another planet...we were doing experiments in terraforming...it seemed like a pointless and annoying dream. Part of the process was a teacher/leader giving us the means to find our designated 'world'.
    The thing is, when I have these dreams, they are different from ordinary ones. There are specific circumstances that set them apart. They usually happen after very deep meditation just prior to going to sleep. The top of my head glows hot when I wake up. I have no memory of my current life in these future dreams, I am fully present in them as another person, I even look somewhat different (for instance, there were a few where I was dark-skinned, as were my family members). They are often warnings about future events and the direction of travel of human civilisation. They can be quite dark and foreboding, showing a tyrannical and orwellian, though technologically advanced future. I believe they are warnings from my future selves.

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    I am going back to source after this life, in fact I’m pretty much halfway there already.
    Yourself and Aragorn as well.

I've heard tales of other people living whole lives while dreaming. And you are outside of time so it makes sense you would be connecting with the future.

I don't recall mine so clearly, I often dream of lots of traveling.

Throughout my life, most of the future dreaming has involved this life, and the purpose has generally been survival and avoiding bad choices.

I've learned that some things are highly likely and nothing is set in stone.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Chris (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    yeah, I hear you...

I tend to agree with DT's type of dream...I usually get 'future' hints from references from the past. I'm hoping that in fact the dream I had was pointless and annoying because my 'designated world' was assuredly not a good thing for me. I was wounded in a battle, my life ebbing away and 'telepathically' seeking help from my teacher with no response...yeeouch! I would not usually articulate a dream like this but what they hey...Reading too many books and watching too many movies...

I've been pretty depressed lately...I tend to have 'death' dreams when I feel like this...

and then I got a real migraine...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 25th February 2019 at 12:19.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Chris (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    Bummer, NAP.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Chris (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Retired Member Hungary
    Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    Yourself and Aragorn as well.

I've heard tales of other people living whole lives while dreaming. And you are outside of time so it makes sense you would be connecting with the future.

I don't recall mine so clearly, I often dream of lots of traveling.

Throughout my life, most of the future dreaming has involved this life, and the purpose has generally been survival and avoiding bad choices.

I've learned that some things are highly likely and nothing is set in stone.
    The issue from my perspective, is that we are stuck with a linear perception of time. We think that one life follows the next one in a neat sequence. It is perhaps more akin to a Globe or a Disc. You can take a DVD and watch any chapter or any sequence you like, if you want, over and over again. Every time you watch it, you might see it from a different perspective and learn new lessons from it, but the basic experience has already happened from the observer's perspective. It's not a perfect metaphor, but that's the gist of it.

Perhaps thinking of different lives as different Virtual Reality video games being played by the Same Self is even more accurate. The characters and the environments may change from game to game and each game is experienced differently, but the basic gameplay and the cast of characters within the same game stays basically the same, no many how many times you play it.

Of course you can make it even more complicated with one-dimensional timelines existing as strings criss-crossing a three-dimensional temporal construct, but that is for future physicists to figure out.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Chris For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    BUT, yeah...To put a positive spin on it...Perhaps I can see some metaphorical value in it.

Chris...yes, absolutely I agree....Sounds as if you had a 'hard metallic' dream.

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    This was in my email:

Mars Exploration

Sami's spaceship crashed on Mars! She sends a series of SOS messages to Earth for help.

Letters in some of the SOS messages are altered by cosmic radiation during transmission. Given the signal received by Earth as a string, , determine how many letters of Sami's SOS have been changed by radiation.

For example, Earth receives SOSTOT. Sami's original message was SOSSOS. Two of the message characters were changed in transit.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    Sami wants to be saved by The One Truth. I love it.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (25th February 2019)

Thanks
    yabba...

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (25th February 2019), Dreamtimer (26th February 2019), Elen (25th February 2019)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 434 Posts

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to palooka's revenge For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (26th February 2019), Dreamtimer (26th February 2019), Elen (26th February 2019), Emil El Zapato (26th February 2019)

Thanks
    lol...

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (27th February 2019), Aragorn (27th February 2019), Dreamtimer (27th February 2019), Elen (27th February 2019)