Thread: Survival of the Richest: The Wealthy Are Plotting to Leave Us Behind

Thanks
    Thanked 80,968 Times in 20,254 Posts

Survival of the Richest: The Wealthy Are Plotting to Leave Us Behind

A very interesting piece...

Source: Medium

Last year, I got invited to a super-deluxe private resort to deliver a keynote speech to what I assumed would be a hundred or so investment bankers. It was by far the largest fee I had ever been offered for a talk — about half my annual professor’s salary — all to deliver some insight on the subject of “the future of technology.”

I’ve never liked talking about the future. The Q&A sessions always end up more like parlor games, where I’m asked to opine on the latest technology buzzwords as if they were ticker symbols for potential investments: blockchain, 3D printing, CRISPR. The audiences are rarely interested in learning about these technologies or their potential impacts beyond the binary choice of whether or not to invest in them. But money talks, so I took the gig.

After I arrived, I was ushered into what I thought was the green room. But instead of being wired with a microphone or taken to a stage, I just sat there at a plain round table as my audience was brought to me: five super-wealthy guys — yes, all men — from the upper echelon of the hedge fund world. After a bit of small talk, I realized they had no interest in the information I had prepared about the future of technology. They had come with questions of their own.

They started out innocuously enough. Ethereum or bitcoin? Is quantum computing a real thing? Slowly but surely, however, they edged into their real topics of concern.

Which region will be less impacted by the coming climate crisis: New Zealand or Alaska? Is Google really building Ray Kurzweil a home for his brain, and will his consciousness live through the transition, or will it die and be reborn as a whole new one? Finally, the CEO of a brokerage house explained that he had nearly completed building his own underground bunker system and asked, “How do I maintain authority over my security force after the event?”

The Event. That was their euphemism for the environmental collapse, social unrest, nuclear explosion, unstoppable virus, or Mr. Robot hack that takes everything down.

This single question occupied us for the rest of the hour. They knew armed guards would be required to protect their compounds from the angry mobs. But how would they pay the guards once money was worthless? What would stop the guards from choosing their own leader? The billionaires considered using special combination locks on the food supply that only they knew. Or making guards wear disciplinary collars of some kind in return for their survival. Or maybe building robots to serve as guards and workers — if that technology could be developed in time.

That’s when it hit me: At least as far as these gentlemen were concerned, this was a talk about the future of technology. Taking their cue from Elon Musk colonizing Mars, Peter Thiel reversing the aging process, or Sam Altman and Ray Kurzweil uploading their minds into supercomputers, they were preparing for a digital future that had a whole lot less to do with making the world a better place than it did with transcending the human condition altogether and insulating themselves from a very real and present danger of climate change, rising sea levels, mass migrations, global pandemics, nativist panic, and resource depletion. For them, the future of technology is really about just one thing: escape.

There’s nothing wrong with madly optimistic appraisals of how technology might benefit human society. But the current drive for a post-human utopia is something else. It’s less a vision for the wholesale migration of humanity to a new a state of being than a quest to transcend all that is human: the body, interdependence, compassion, vulnerability, and complexity. As technology philosophers have been pointing out for years, now, the transhumanist vision too easily reduces all of reality to data, concluding that “humans are nothing but information-processing objects.”

It’s a reduction of human evolution to a video game that someone wins by finding the escape hatch and then letting a few of his BFFs come along for the ride. Will it be Musk, Bezos, Thiel…Zuckerberg? These billionaires are the presumptive winners of the digital economy — the same survival-of-the-fittest business landscape that’s fueling most of this speculation to begin with.

Of course, it wasn’t always this way. There was a brief moment, in the early 1990s, when the digital future felt open-ended and up for our invention. Technology was becoming a playground for the counterculture, who saw in it the opportunity to create a more inclusive, distributed, and pro-human future. But established business interests only saw new potentials for the same old extraction, and too many technologists were seduced by unicorn IPOs. Digital futures became understood more like stock futures or cotton futures — something to predict and make bets on. So nearly every speech, article, study, documentary, or white paper was seen as relevant only insofar as it pointed to a ticker symbol. The future became less a thing we create through our present-day choices or hopes for humankind than a predestined scenario we bet on with our venture capital but arrive at passively.

This freed everyone from the moral implications of their activities. Technology development became less a story of collective flourishing than personal survival. Worse, as I learned, to call attention to any of this was to unintentionally cast oneself as an enemy of the market or an anti-technology curmudgeon.

So instead of considering the practical ethics of impoverishing and exploiting the many in the name of the few, most academics, journalists, and science-fiction writers instead considered much more abstract and fanciful conundrums: Is it fair for a stock trader to use smart drugs? Should children get implants for foreign languages? Do we want autonomous vehicles to prioritize the lives of pedestrians over those of its passengers? Should the first Mars colonies be run as democracies? Does changing my DNA undermine my identity? Should robots have rights?

Asking these sorts of questions, while philosophically entertaining, is a poor substitute for wrestling with the real moral quandaries associated with unbridled technological development in the name of corporate capitalism. Digital platforms have turned an already exploitative and extractive marketplace (think Walmart) into an even more dehumanizing successor (think Amazon). Most of us became aware of these downsides in the form of automated jobs, the gig economy, and the demise of local retail.

But the more devastating impacts of pedal-to-the-metal digital capitalism fall on the environment and global poor. The manufacture of some of our computers and smartphones still uses networks of slave labor. These practices are so deeply entrenched that a company called Fairphone, founded from the ground up to make and market ethical phones, learned it was impossible. (The company’s founder now sadly refers to their products as “fairer” phones.)

Meanwhile, the mining of rare earth metals and disposal of our highly digital technologies destroys human habitats, replacing them with toxic waste dumps, which are then picked over by peasant children and their families, who sell usable materials back to the manufacturers.

This “out of sight, out of mind” externalization of poverty and poison doesn’t go away just because we’ve covered our eyes with VR goggles and immersed ourselves in an alternate reality. If anything, the longer we ignore the social, economic, and environmental repercussions, the more of a problem they become. This, in turn, motivates even more withdrawal, more isolationism and apocalyptic fantasy — and more desperately concocted technologies and business plans. The cycle feeds itself.

The more committed we are to this view of the world, the more we come to see human beings as the problem and technology as the solution. The very essence of what it means to be human is treated less as a feature than bug. No matter their embedded biases, technologies are declared neutral. Any bad behaviors they induce in us are just a reflection of our own corrupted core. It’s as if some innate human savagery is to blame for our troubles. Just as the inefficiency of a local taxi market can be “solved” with an app that bankrupts human drivers, the vexing inconsistencies of the human psyche can be corrected with a digital or genetic upgrade.

Ultimately, according to the technosolutionist orthodoxy, the human future climaxes by uploading our consciousness to a computer or, perhaps better, accepting that technology itself is our evolutionary successor. Like members of a gnostic cult, we long to enter the next transcendent phase of our development, shedding our bodies and leaving them behind, along with our sins and troubles.

Our movies and television shows play out these fantasies for us. Zombie shows depict a post-apocalypse where people are no better than the undead — and seem to know it. Worse, these shows invite viewers to imagine the future as a zero-sum battle between the remaining humans, where one group’s survival is dependent on another one’s demise. Even Westworld — based on a science-fiction novel where robots run amok — ended its second season with the ultimate reveal: Human beings are simpler and more predictable than the artificial intelligences we create. The robots learn that each of us can be reduced to just a few lines of code, and that we’re incapable of making any willful choices. Heck, even the robots in that show want to escape the confines of their bodies and spend their rest of their lives in a computer simulation.

The mental gymnastics required for such a profound role reversal between humans and machines all depend on the underlying assumption that humans suck. Let’s either change them or get away from them, forever.

Thus, we get tech billionaires launching electric cars into space — as if this symbolizes something more than one billionaire’s capacity for corporate promotion. And if a few people do reach escape velocity and somehow survive in a bubble on Mars — despite our inability to maintain such a bubble even here on Earth in either of two multibillion-dollar Biosphere trials — the result will be less a continuation of the human diaspora than a lifeboat for the elite.

When the hedge funders asked me the best way to maintain authority over their security forces after “the event,” I suggested that their best bet would be to treat those people really well, right now. They should be engaging with their security staffs as if they were members of their own family. And the more they can expand this ethos of inclusivity to the rest of their business practices, supply chain management, sustainability efforts, and wealth distribution, the less chance there will be of an “event” in the first place. All this technological wizardry could be applied toward less romantic but entirely more collective interests right now.

They were amused by my optimism, but they didn’t really buy it. They were not interested in how to avoid a calamity; they’re convinced we are too far gone. For all their wealth and power, they don’t believe they can affect the future. They are simply accepting the darkest of all scenarios and then bringing whatever money and technology they can employ to insulate themselves — especially if they can’t get a seat on the rocket to Mars.

Luckily, those of us without the funding to consider disowning our own humanity have much better options available to us. We don’t have to use technology in such antisocial, atomizing ways. We can become the individual consumers and profiles that our devices and platforms want us to be, or we can remember that the truly evolved human doesn’t go it alone.

Being human is not about individual survival or escape. It’s a team sport. Whatever future humans have, it will be together.

Douglas Rushkoff is the author of the upcoming book Team Human (W.W. Norton, January 2019) and host of the TeamHuman.fm podcast.

written by
    douglas rushkoff

Host: http://TeamHuman.fm Author: Team Human, Throwing Rocks at the Google Bus, Program or Be Programmed, Present Shock, Program or Be Programmed

= DEATH BEFORE DISHONOR =

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2018), Dreamtimer (8th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th July 2018), Elen (8th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2018), gavin (10th July 2018), Herbert (8th July 2018), Kathy (8th July 2018), modwiz (8th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    Always tough to have integrity in those jobs, our x prime minister was one of them till tapped.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (8th July 2018), Dreamtimer (8th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th July 2018), Elen (8th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2018), Kathy (8th July 2018), modwiz (8th July 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    My brother is not among the elite wealthy. Yet he still says things like, "Most people are like pennies. You could just throw them away and you'd never miss them. They don't make any difference."

We weren't raised with that as an ideal. Not at all.

So where did he get this idea? His team. Who else?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (8th July 2018), Aragorn (8th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th July 2018), Elen (8th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2018), Kathy (8th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post
    A very interesting piece...

Well Amen to that...it applies with or without technology AND that is the big secret.

Now to distill it to the level that you Aragorn become unhappy...

It's my belief that in the here and now it is incumbent on governments to at least try to throttle the leviathan called 'big business'. And also in the here and now the only mechanism that exists to accomplish that is through regulation. There I said it. It wouldn't be necessary if, and sweet jesus only if the big money was not obsessed with big money. WORLD society has been so entrained to believe that big money is God and god sent and that it is spiritually, religiously, morally, ethically, and humanely just wrong to undo the imbalance of resources that power has endowed itself.

We are killing ourselves at the behest of ourselves. And at least half of us are fighting like hell for the right to do it.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 8th July 2018 at 12:09.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Aragorn (8th July 2018), Dreamtimer (8th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th July 2018), Elen (9th July 2018), Herbert (8th July 2018), Kathy (8th July 2018)

Retired Member Canada
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,958 Times in 344 Posts
    Can Government regulate human demand even with the knowledge that it's bad for our health?

The Wifi Alliance, Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood: 5G Wireless
    By Renee Parsons
    Global Research, July 06, 2018

Url of this article:
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/coming...reless/5646667

Just as any new technology claims to offer the most advanced development; that their definition of progress will cure society’s ills or make life easier by eliminating the drudgery of antiquated appliances, the Wifi Alliance was organized as a worldwide wireless network to connect ‘everyone and everything, everywhere” as it promised “improvements to nearly every aspect of daily life.”
    The Alliance, which makes no pretense of potential health or environmental concerns, further proclaimed (and they may be correct) that there are “more wifi devices than people on earth”. It is that inescapable exposure to ubiquitous wireless technologies wherein lies the problem.

Soon after the 1895 discovery of xrays, the budding new technology was not without its health risks of burns and hair loss. Yet the use of electromagnetic radiation (EMR) has evolved at a dramatic exponential rate from Marie Curie’s day into a mega-trillion dollar omnipotent industry creating a world totally dependent on its pernicious wireless applications.

The medical and scientific data is overwhelming and irrefutable as the wireless industry, the MSM and government agencies, frequently the last to acknowledge a pervasive health problem, continue to protect the industry from widespread public awareness of the insidious effects of the latest generation of digital by-products.

Even prior to the 1997 introduction of commercially available wifi devices which has saturated every industrialized country, EMF wifi hot spots were everywhere. Today with the addition of cell and cordless phones and towers, broadcast antennas, smart meters and the pervasive computer wifi, both adults and especially vulnerable children are surrounded 24-7 by an inescapable presence with little recognition that all radiation exposure is cumulative.

Without the expansion of EMF and all its invasive algorithmic gadgets into our personal lives, intelligence gathering would be severely curtailed, without which Big Brother would be relegated to knocking on doors and hand written notes. Surely with an estimated $21 trillion missing from the Pentagon, there must be one black budget item to lessen the harmful EMF emissions?

The National Toxicology Program (NTP), a branch of the US National Institute for Health (NIH), conducted the world’s largest study on radiofrequency radiation used by the US telecommunications industry and found a ‘significantly statistical increase in brain and heart cancers” in animals exposed to EMF (electromagnetic fields). The NTP study confirmed the connection between mobile and wireless phone use and human brain cancer risks and its conclusions were supported by other epidemiological peer-reviewed studies. Of special note is that studies citing the biological risk to human health were below accepted international exposure standards.

Professor Emeritus Martin Pall, PhD with degrees in physics, biochemistry and genetics is uniquely qualified and has been researching EMF health effects for almost twenty years.

“…what this means is that the current safety standards as off by a factor of about 7 million.’ Pointing out that a recent FCC Chair was a former lobbyist for the telecom industry, “I know how they’ve attacked various people. In the U.S. … the funding for the EMF research [by the Environmental Protection Agency] was cut off starting in 1986 … The U.S. Office of Naval Research had been funding a fair amount of research in this area [in the ‘70s]. They [also] … stopped funding new grants in 1986 … And then the NIH a few years later followed the same path …”

As if all was not reason enough for concern or even downright panic, the next generation of wireless technology known as 5G (fifth generation), representing the innocuous sounding Internet of Things, promises a quantum leap in power and exceedingly more damaging health impacts with mandatory exposures.

The immense expansion of radiation emissions from the current wireless EMF frequency band and 5G about to be perpetrated on an unsuspecting American public should be criminal. Developed by the US military as non lethal perimeter and crowd control, the Active Denial System emits a high density, high frequency wireless radiation comparable to 5G and emits radiation in the neighborhood of 90 GHz.

The current Pre 5G, frequency band emissions used in today’s commercial wireless range is from 300 Mhz to 3 GHZ as 5G will become the first wireless system to utilize millimeter waves with frequencies ranging from 30 to 300 GHz. One example of the differential is that a current LANS (local area network system) uses 2.4 GHz.

Hidden behind these numbers is an utterly devastating increase in health effects of immeasurable impacts so stunning as to numb the senses.

In 2017, the international Environmental Health Trust recommended an EU moratorium “on the roll-out of the fifth generation, 5G, for telecommunication until potential hazards for human health and the environment have been fully investigated by scientists independent from industry.” In its declaration, the EHT asserted that current “radio frequency electromagnetic fields has been proven to be harmful to humans and the environment”…”at levels well below most international and national guidelines.”

Described by the ETF as the “next great unknown experiment on our children”, the FCC approved “Spectrum Frontiers, in July, 2016 “making the US the first country in the world to open up higher-frequency millimeter wave spectrum for the development of 5G fifth-generation wireless cellular technology.”

Here’s how ETF summarizes 5G:

“5G technology is designed to carry “higher loads of data more rapidly through wireless transmission and will be effective only over short distance. It is poorly transmitted through solid material. Construction of many new antennas will be required and full-scale implementation will result in antennas every 10 to 12 houses in urban areas, thus massively increasing mandatory exposure.”

5G small cell antennas will unleash round-the-clock millimeter, mini and micro wave radiation immensely more powerful than the current EMF wireless system and will no doubt be sold to a gullible American public as an economically beneficial national jobs program.

In addition, 5G is required to create the Internet of Things (IoT) which promises to wirelessly connect all devices able to transfer data over a cohesive network without computer or human interaction including homes appliances, every ‘smart’ device, city and vehicle and any embedded electronic system that can exchange data. The IoT of building a new ‘smart’ grid of communications that will connect, just as the Wifi Alliance once suggested, “everyone, everything and everywhere.”

An integral part of IoT will be to function at its true potential as an interface with Artificial Intelligence. AI is a self-aware intelligent computer with an ‘automated reasoning’ ability that “perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of success.”

Today’s AI’s are able to replace human functions and are capable of doing human things faster and better than any human. In other words, you may be relieved of all requirements to work or think or function as an engaged human being. All it would take is for an indulgent public to allow IT to do the thinking; make all life decisions until eventually there would be no real purpose in life and humans will be superfluous or extinct.

As AI development is being driven by superstars at Silicon Valley, pre-eminent scientist Stephen Hawking suggested that

“AI would be biggest event in human history. Unfortunately it might also be the last” and he feared “the consequences of creating something that can match or surpass humans.”

Renee Parsons served on the ACLU’s Florida State Board of Directors and as president of the ACLU Treasure Coast Chapter. She has been an elected public official in Colorado, an environmental lobbyist for Friends of the Earth and a staff member of the US House of Representatives in Washington DC. She can be found on Twitter @reneedove31. She is a frequent contributor to Global Research.

Truth in media is a powerful instrument.

Global Research is a small team that believes in the power of information and analysis to bring about far-reaching societal change including a world without war.

Consider Making a Donation to Global Research

Disclaimer: The contents of this article are of sole responsibility of the author(s). The Centre for Research on Globalization will not be responsible for any inaccurate or incorrect statement in this article.

Copyright © Renee Parsons, Global Research, 2018

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Herbert For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Aragorn (8th July 2018), Dreamtimer (8th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (8th July 2018), Elen (9th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    I'll acknowledge that to a degree mainstream media is a tool of government or so it appears. I think it might be more accurate to say media 'can' be a tool of power mongers undercover of government. I suppose that's obvious.

To act in such a fashion as to willfully and with profit intent withhold technology from humanity is very wrong. We know that...it is an obvious moral issue.

Empirical events are indisputable.

Obama passed legislation to hobble governement's ongoing action to sequester new and beneficial technologies from its potential beneficiaries. I think this is a critically, I say a critically important glimpse into reality.
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 10th July 2018 at 23:37.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Aragorn (8th July 2018), Dreamtimer (10th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2018), Elen (9th July 2018), Kathy (10th July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    It's my belief that in the here and now it is incumbent on governments to at least try to throttle the leviathan called 'big business'.
    For what it's worth, that is what Europe is doing, and to a far greater extent than the USA ever has. But even then still, a monopolist is a monopolist, so they won't let any bureaucracy stop them. Given that they are almost always transnational corporations, then if Europe stands in their way, they just relocate to elsewhere, and then all of the locals who were employed at the European branches will be out of a job.

And then who do you think these now jobless people are going to hold accountable? Hint: it's not the corporation that laid them off — well, it might be, for a very short while, but ultimately they'll blame the government for overregulating.

It's an ongoing battle, but it's man's own fault that it has grown to these proportions.

And also in the here and now the only mechanism that exists to accomplish that is through regulation. There I said it.
    Again, that is what Europe is doing, but it's not so easy in the USA, given that in the USA, politicians are being sponsored by the very corporations that need being regulated. In Europe, this is not allowed — at least, not in theory, but there's always some political backdoor — because political parties are partly sponsored by the governments, so as to avoid a government that has been bought.

It wouldn't be necessary if, and sweet jesus only if the big money was not obsessed with big money. WORLD society has been so entrained to believe that big money is God and god sent and that it is spiritually, religiously, morally, ethically, and humanely just wrong to undo the imbalance of resources that power has endowed itself.
    I wholeheartedly agree with that.

We are killing ourselves at the behest of ourselves. And at least half of us are fighting like hell for the right to do it.
    Yes, I'm afraid sanity has already long left the human species.

Quote Originally posted by Herbert View Post
    Can Government regulate human demand even with the knowledge that it's bad for our health?

The Wifi Alliance, Coming Soon to Your Neighborhood: 5G Wireless
    By Renee Parsons
    Global Research, July 06, 2018

Url of this article:
    https://www.globalresearch.ca/coming...reless/5646667

Quote Originally posted by Renee Parsons
    [...]

In addition, 5G is required to create the Internet of Things (IoT) which promises to wirelessly connect all devices able to transfer data over a cohesive network without computer or human interaction including homes appliances, every ‘smart’ device, city and vehicle and any embedded electronic system that can exchange data. The IoT of building a new ‘smart’ grid of communications that will connect, just as the Wifi Alliance once suggested, “everyone, everything and everywhere.”
    Minor nitpick, the IoT doesn't need to be created anymore. It's already here. But there is a saturation of the currently available bandwidth under the 3G and 4G standards, which is why 5G is being promoted.

An integral part of IoT will be to function at its true potential as an interface with Artificial Intelligence. AI is a self-aware intelligent computer with an ‘automated reasoning’ ability that “perceives its environment and takes actions that maximize its chance of success.”
    Well, the term "self-aware" is up for debate. Artificial intelligence is not consciousness. It is however a learning computer. And it learns at much higher rates than a human mind, but at the same time, it has also already been shown to exhibit extreme degrees of tunnel vision, because an A.I. is only as good as the quality of the information it is being fed with.

Today’s AI’s are able to replace human functions and are capable of doing human things faster and better than any human.
    Yes, but with the above caveat, i.e. the extreme degree of tunnel vision. Computers can analyze data, but that's all they can do. They don't have any value system or ethical awareness.

In other words, you may be relieved of all requirements to work or think or function as an engaged human being. All it would take is for an indulgent public to allow IT to do the thinking; make all life decisions until eventually there would be no real purpose in life and humans will be superfluous or extinct.
    Unfortunately, yes, and that has already been going on for a while. In fact, recent tests have shown that the average IQ scores have been dropping steadily again all over the world since the 1980s, which is when the whole digital revolution started.

As AI development is being driven by superstars at Silicon Valley, pre-eminent scientist Stephen Hawking suggested that

“AI would be biggest event in human history. Unfortunately it might also be the last” and he feared “the consequences of creating something that can match or surpass humans.”
    I wholeheartedly agree with that, and especially now that the US military-industrial complex has already begun deploying artificial intelligence for the creation and control of killer machines. And they most certainly don't abide by Isaac Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Dreamtimer (10th July 2018), Dumpster Diver (10th July 2018), Elen (9th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (8th July 2018), Kathy (10th July 2018), modwiz (11th July 2018), Wind (10th July 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,156 Times in 2,620 Posts
    From my late experience with 3G and 4G, I’m thinking 5G is a red herring used to spin up the woo-woo crowd like they did with the “smart meters”...

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dumpster Diver For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Aragorn (10th July 2018), Dreamtimer (10th July 2018), Elen (10th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (10th July 2018), Kathy (10th July 2018), modwiz (11th July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aragorn View Post

Our movies and television shows play out these fantasies for us. Zombie shows depict a post-apocalypse where people are no better than the undead — and seem to know it. Worse, these shows invite viewers to imagine the future as a zero-sum battle between the remaining humans, where one group’s survival is dependent on another one’s demise. Even Westworld — based on a science-fiction novel where robots run amok — ended its second season with the ultimate reveal: Human beings are simpler and more predictable than the artificial intelligences we create. The robots learn that each of us can be reduced to just a few lines of code, and that we’re incapable of making any willful choices. Heck, even the robots in that show want to escape the confines of their bodies and spend their rest of their lives in a computer simulation.

The mental gymnastics required for such a profound role reversal between humans and machines all depend on the underlying assumption that humans suck. Let’s either change them or get away from them, forever.
    I have seen Westworld and also the last episode : "The Passenger"

Name:  Journey Inward Maze.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  46.8 KB

It's very interesting and they really explain how this Matrix World we live in works. No secrets anymore.

Its like there no difference anymore between movies / series and "the real world" we live in

In the show the Man in Black played by Ed Harris doesn't know what's real and what's not anymore.

Name:  maninblack913.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  116.5 KB

That's also what "they" try to do with us in this world. "They" are playing with our minds all the time so in the end we can't figure it all out anymore.

And the COOL part is we don't have to figure it out. The mind is The Labyrinth and we can be trapped in the mind forever. That's what the "Delta Labyrinth" groups do.

I have also seen the movie "Labyrinth" with David Bowie. Also very interesting:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091369/

We r part of a Game. But a Serious one. Because you don't get out alive

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Black Panther For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (12th July 2018), Aragorn (12th July 2018), Dreamtimer (12th July 2018), Elen (12th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (11th July 2018), Melidae (11th July 2018), modwiz (11th July 2018), Wind (12th July 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    Dumpster Diver et al - The comment about 5G being a red herring. Maybe it is but just as smartmeters were deemed unhealthy - people opted out. I put my concerns in writing and stated to my electricity supplier that I would NEVER accept a smartmeter attached to my home.

I have been reliably informed by associates, who are well qualified and knowledgeable with regard to computers and electronic technology - that 5G will fry us from the inside out. That is an uncomplicated comment but articles with specifics are now being shared via reputable printed publications and the worldwideweb.

I know I cannot stop the advancement of electronic technology like 5G - but - as a collective consciousness, people can resist. Resistance can perhaps slow down the actions of the cabal/illuminati/whatever but I imagine that as long as Humans want the latest hand held device - they will continue to become unhealthy. My life is well and truly half way over but to create a soup of unhealthy wi-fi for the younger generations - who will have to live on this planet, let's just say; How will their physical health be in a few years? Time will tell - it always does.

Much Peace & Much Respect - Amanda

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (15th July 2018), Dreamtimer (15th July 2018), Elen (15th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th July 2018), Herbert (14th July 2018), modwiz (14th July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    Dumpster Diver et al - The comment about 5G being a red herring. Maybe it is but just as smartmeters were deemed unhealthy - people opted out.
    They are not necessarily unhealthy. I doubt that they would be using any kind of wireless connection at all. They will probably be hooked up to the existing internet cabling — fiber-optic or copper — in order to connect them with the utilities vendors/distributors. If anything, it is well understood that wireless connectivity entails additional security-related vulnerabilities, whereas a wired connection is not only safer but also faster.

I put my concerns in writing and stated to my electricity supplier that I would NEVER accept a smartmeter attached to my home.
    Unfortunately, that is not an option everyone has. We've already been informed over here that our meters will be replaced by smart meters in the foreseeable future, and given that those meters are the property of the utilities vendors/distributors, you have no choice but to consent to their installation. And as things then usually go, we as consumers will probably also ultimately be footing the bill for their installation.

I may be badly informed — which would surprise me, as I'm fairly well versed in the field of information technology — but personally, I don't think smart meters are going to be any kind of serious problem. But then again, you've got people who refuse to install LED lighting because they believe that it spies on them.

I have been reliably informed by associates, who are well qualified and knowledgeable with regard to computers and electronic technology - that 5G will fry us from the inside out. That is an uncomplicated comment but articles with specifics are now being shared via reputable printed publications and the worldwideweb.
    Well, the doses of radiation we're already blasting at each other right now aren't exactly healthy either. So yeah, it may make things even worse. But once again, the whole 5G thing, and most specifically the fact that it will be controlled by way of A.I. nodes, is what's getting people in the so-called alternative community freaked out.

Many of the people in this so-called alternative community are not just paranoid, but actually tenacious beyond all rational thinking in their paranoia, simply because they don't understand how things work. This sort of knee-jerk reactions comes up on a regular basis, whether it's with regard to the "autism vs. vaccines" debate — which I have already amply told the truth about, even though people continue rejecting it — or whether it's with regard to artificial intelligence, the alleged arrival of Nibiru, dust particles on the inside of camera lenses which are believed to be orbs, or whatever.

One can always lead a horse to the water, but one cannot make it drink...

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aragorn For This Useful Post:

Dreamtimer (15th July 2018), Elen (15th July 2018), Emil El Zapato (15th July 2018), Kathy (15th July 2018)