Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Children in cages

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    The other Trumpy thread has as its intent imo, the feel, that Trumpy was bought/coerced/no choiced into the job BUT not by the usual suspects. You are welcome there by my personnel invitation Aragorn.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (29th June 2018), Dreamtimer (29th June 2018), Elen (29th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,661 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Children are the future (all children). A society that cared about it's survival would put all its emphasis on the skills needed to carry on the "good and essential". Where in the world are the children nurtured as if they are the bright key to access the evolution of mankind? I think people imagine their city state, some tribe, some surname is valuable. But they are doomed unless the whole can continue thriving? There are a few who really understand enlightened self interest is taking care of the basic structures that are needed by all us developing humans. These include connection to the loved caregiver (and we should all be loving caregivers to one another), nurturing kindness in the form of food, shelter and VARIETY of experience like learning through doing. Young children naturally learn music, language and can absorb principles rapidly when they are allowed "play" with and copy the ones who are doing what is being learned.

Some children are lucky. Others compensate and thrive despite conditions as the human organism is amazingly adaptive. Some are stunted and fail to thrive. Most children IMO are unconsciously treated like they are the property of (authorized) owners. The ownership in the US is assumed to be the parents unless it becomes the state. Indications like pedophilia and this separated from their parents warehousing issue is IMO all the same vibration of disregard. Children are not priceless treasures to be celebrated as our value and are only as valuable as they are useful.

Unfortunately, IMO the policy reflects how we see ourselves... IMO it is that we cooperate with a version that sees "humanity" as vermin. Frankly I am aghast that it is the 21st century and the world looks like a place where dogs eat dogs

The recent US policy is not new and the whole theme is that children are not really valued at all. People are not really valued at all. Humanity is not valued at all. The FUTURE is not valued at all.

It may be really a help to our world that people are aghast over the current information on what US policy is doing to children.
    I don't see it addressing the primary disregard.

The US already did this to the children of the original citizens of the continent. Vast numbers of children ar now been malnourished, neglected, institutionalized (one being the school house) The policy to "rescue" children from harm is all mixed up with general harm that our falling apart empire is evidencing.IMO supporting what humans need is also supporting IMO what children want: To be with their parent while society nurtures the whole family with sane and healthy strategies that place the child in a position to thrive.

The facts I have observed are that some people nurture their own children for their own hoped glory, grooming them to carry on some family/tribal imperative.
    They may group up with others in a community like a church but only a cult takes over the "responsibility" of all. Then the cult owns the children.

We have to look at what we are all willing to do to ourselves and feel shocked and be aghast.
    Last edited by Maggie, 29th June 2018 at 19:29.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Maggie For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (29th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,320 Times in 939 Posts
    I may be out of the loop, so to speak but someone told me that the 'Children in Cages' photographs were fake. Could it be it was all a psy op based on the Helegian Dialect?????

Has anyone here been directly involved with, or live near where the Children were kept separate to their parents? If it is true, well of course it is a heinous act but if it is a psy op - then still very much a heinous act. Using Children as a means to an end is always wrong and the act of a diabolically damaged person and/or persons.

It is a sad day when a Child, any Child cannot live in a free, happy and healthy environment. Some days I am overwhelmed with the sad state of affairs in which we live. Loads of People making a difference but some days ....

Much Respect & Much Peace - for All Children - Amanda

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amanda For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Maggie View Post
    Children are the future (all children). A society that cared about it's survival would put all its emphasis on the skills needed to carry on the "good and essential". Where in the world are the children nurtured as if they are the bright key to access the evolution of mankind? I think people imagine their city state, some tribe, some surname is valuable. But they are doomed unless the whole can continue thriving? There are a few who really understand enlightened self interest is taking care of the basic structures that are needed by all us developing humans. These include connection to the loved caregiver (and we should all be loving caregivers to one another), nurturing kindness in the form of food, shelter and VARIETY of experience like learning through doing. Young children naturally learn music, language and can absorb principles rapidly when they are allowed "play" with and copy the ones who are doing what is being learned.

Some children are lucky. Others compensate and thrive despite conditions as the human organism is amazingly adaptive. Some are stunted and fail to thrive. Most children IMO are unconsciously treated like they are the property of (authorized) owners. The ownership in the US is assumed to be the parents unless it becomes the state. Indications like pedophilia and this separated from their parents warehousing issue is IMO all the same vibration of disregard. Children are not priceless treasures to be celebrated as our value and are only as valuable as they are useful.

Unfortunately, IMO the policy reflects how we see ourselves... IMO it is that we cooperate with a version that sees "humanity" as vermin. Frankly I am aghast that it is the 21st century and the world looks like a place where dogs eat dogs

The recent US policy is not new and the whole theme is that children are not really valued at all. People are not really valued at all. Humanity is not valued at all. The FUTURE is not valued at all.

It may be really a help to our world that people are aghast over the current information on what US policy is doing to children.
    I don't see it addressing the primary disregard.

The US already did this to the children of the original citizens of the continent. Vast numbers of children ar now been malnourished, neglected, institutionalized (one being the school house) The policy to "rescue" children from harm is all mixed up with general harm that our falling apart empire is evidencing.IMO supporting what humans need is also supporting IMO what children want: To be with their parent while society nurtures the whole family with sane and healthy strategies that place the child in a position to thrive.

The facts I have observed are that some people nurture their own children for their own hoped glory, grooming them to carry on some family/tribal imperative.
    They may group up with others in a community like a church but only a cult takes over the "responsibility" of all. Then the cult owns the children.

We have to look at what we are all willing to do to ourselves and feel shocked and be aghast.
    precisely true... I can't figure it out myself...we bring children into the world and we owe THEM...because we brought them here. The one meme that always stuck in my head was 'Children are people, too" and they are and they are good people until we screw them up by owning them and enforcing our lowly inspired values on them. Uh uh, that wasn't for me...
    Last edited by Emil El Zapato, 30th June 2018 at 00:12.
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Amanda View Post
    I may be out of the loop, so to speak but someone told me that the 'Children in Cages' photographs were fake. Could it be it was all a psy op based on the Helegian Dialect?????

Has anyone here been directly involved with, or live near where the Children were kept separate to their parents? If it is true, well of course it is a heinous act but if it is a psy op - then still very much a heinous act. Using Children as a means to an end is always wrong and the act of a diabolically damaged person and/or persons.

It is a sad day when a Child, any Child cannot live in a free, happy and healthy environment. Some days I am overwhelmed with the sad state of affairs in which we live. Loads of People making a difference but some days ....

Much Respect & Much Peace - for All Children - Amanda
    no not fake...just some taken out of context...which the more honest among us tried to clarify...it's all very real and all very distressing...The fact that Trump has embraced this with such relish is just more testimony to his broken soul...he somehow has been twisted by familial legacy...recall that his brother died young from alcoholism...that kind of dysfunction doesn't foment in a vacuum. It is part of the family of origin dynamic. An indicator, if you will.

Which causes me to recall that I heard a story the other day that one of the separated children refused to speak with his mother on the phone during efforts to re-unite and to comfort the child.

That is a very strong marker for big trouble in the future. Reactive attachment disorder will have the child bedwetting, setting fires, killing/torturing animals and then for the big payoff - serial killing.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    Dear of dear, sometimes we are all children or at least realizing our inner child, to feel my inner child took till my middle fourties and I was bought up well, as such, do you identify that strongly NAP that you would condone what you infer ?.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    Dear of dear, sometimes we are all children or at least realizing our inner child, to feel my inner child took till my middle fourties and I was bought up well, as such, do you identify that strongly NAP that you would condone what you infer ?.
    Regarding Trump? Absolutely...it's a true statement...

That doesn't mean he's a goner...it justs means that he exemplifies the dynamic. If he was a moral compassionate human being then he would exemplify man's ability to overcome and strive to make the world a better place...to not pass on the legacy...but he doesn't.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Our leaders should be striving to bring out the best in us.

We're not children to be told to sit down and do what the politicians want. Or stand at attention for that matter.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (30th June 2018), Aragorn (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    You condone NAPs condoning Dreamtimer ?.

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    I'm not sure what NAP is condoning, actually.

I'm old school and I believe leaders should set a positive example. When they set a negative one, followers follow and do the same negative crap.

I'm not property of the state to be told what to think and how to act.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2018), Elen (30th June 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    These women, more than 500 of whom got arrested are not a psy-op. The demonstrations going on all over the country today are not a psy-op. The numerous court cases under way are not a psy-op.

Let's not give people credit that they don't deserve. There is no-one who can manipulate what's going on right now. People are pissed off. There are immigrant children in 'camps' popping up all over the country.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    I couldn't count this many organizations. These are who are involved in todays demonstrations.

#VOTEPROCHOICE • 270 Strategies • 350.org • ACLU • Action Together Massachusetttes • Action Together Network • Advancement Project • AFT • Al Otro Lado • All Out • Alliance for Justice • Alliance for Youth Action • American Constitution Society • American Ethical Union • American Human Rights Council (AHRC-USA) • American Sexual Health Association • Amnesty International USA • Anti-Defamation League • Arab American Institute • Asian Americans Advancing Justice | AAJC • ASISTA • Assisi Community • Asylum Seeker Advocacy Project (ASAP) at the Urban Justice Center • Asylum Seeker Assistance Project • Avaaz • Bayard Rustin Center for Social Justice • Bend the Arc • Beyond the Bomb • Brave New Films • Campaign for Southern Equality • Caring Across Generations • CASA in Action • Center for American Progress Action Fund • Center for Biological Diversity • Center for Gender and Refugee Studies • Center for Reproductive Rights • Center for Victims of Torture • Centro de los Derechos del Migrante, Inc. • chicago women take action • Children's Defense Fund-Texas • Church World Service • Clean Water Action • Coalition of Labor Union Women • Coalition on Human Needs • Congregational UCC Greensboro • Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute (CHCI) • Constitutional Accountability Center • Council on American-Islamic Relations • Courage Campaign • Credo • Crooked Media • Daily Kos • DC Immigration Hub • DC Teens Action • Define American • Democracy Initiative • Disciples Center for Immigration and Refugees • Disciples Refugee & Immigration Ministries • Dulles Justice Coalition • Earthjustice • End Rape on Campus • Equal Voice Action • Equality Labs • Every Voice • Faith in Public Life • Families Belong Together • Families USA • Feminist Majority Foundation • FIRM • Food & Water Watch • Foreign Policy for America • Friends of the Earth • Fuse Washington • Gamliel • Global Exchange • Global Fund for Children • GreenLatinos • Greenpeace • Hand in Hand: The Domestic Employers Network • Harness • HeadCount • Health Care Voter • Hispanic Federation • Human Rights Campaign • Human Rights First • IfNotNow • Immigration Hub • In Our Own Voice: National Black Women's Reproductive Justice Agenda • Indivisible • Japanese American Citizens League • Jewish Voice for Peace • JStreet • JWI • KIPP • Latin America Working Group • Latin American Legal Defense and Education Fund • Latino Victory Foundation • LatinoJustice PRLDEF • Lawyers for Good Government • Leadership Conference of Women Religious • League of Conservation Voters • League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) • LGBTQ Task Force • Little Lobbyists • MALDEF • MarchOn • Moms Rising • Muslim Advocates • NARAL • National Alliance to End Sexual Violence • National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum (NAPAWF) • National Iranian American Council • National Justice for Our Neighbors • National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health • National Network to End Domestic Violence • National Nurses United • National Organization of Concerned Black Men • National Partnership for Women & Families • National Women’s Law Center • NCJW • NDWA • NEA • NETWORK Lobby for Catholic Social Justice • Network of Spiritual Progressives • NextGen America • NSEA • One Billion Rising • Organizing for Action • Oxfam America • Pantsuit Nation • ParentsTogether • People Demanding Action • People For the American Way • People's Action • Planned Parenthood Federation of America • Poligon Education Fund • Positive Women's Network-USA • Presbyterian Church (USA) • Presente.org • Priorities USA • Public Citizen • Race Forward • Rainforest Action Network • Really American • Resistance Labs • Rock the Vote • SALDEF • Sanctuary for Families • SEIU • SIECUS • Sierra Club • Sister District Action Network • Sojourners • South Asian Americans Leading Together • Southern Poverty Law Center • Stand Up America • Sum of Us • Tax March • The Leadership Conference • The Workmen’s Circle • Together We Will Contra Costa • Truman National Security Project • UltraViolet • UnidosUS • Unitarian Universalist Association • Unitarian Universalist Service Committee • Unitarian Universalists for Social Justice (UUSJ) • United State of Women • United We Dream • US Campaign for Palestinian Rights • VDay.org • Voto Latino • Washington Office on Latin America • Win Without War • Women Employed • Women's March • Women's Refugee Commission • Workplace Fairness • Youth Caucus of America • YWCA USA
    The money men aren't greasing the wheels of the deep state for this. This is what people do when they see things that are wrong.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (30th June 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post
    I couldn't count this many organizations. These are who are involved in todays demonstrations.

The money men aren't greasing the wheels of the deep state for this. This is what people do when they see things that are wrong.
    I fully intended to attend one here in Houston...one of my cars died on thursday, had to get it fixed and I had to take my cat to the vet...I still feel like an empty vessel, though...

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Dreamtimer (30th June 2018), Elen (1st July 2018)

Thanks
    I'm not a demonstrator and never have been. I'll do actual volunteering and work for an organization rather than demonstrate.

And I understand the value of demonstrating.

The Tea Party people did a lot of demonstrating and got a lot of results.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Elen (1st July 2018), Emil El Zapato (30th June 2018)

Thanks
    From yesterday. This is def not boring.

In DC:

In Atlanta:

In Chicago:

In Columbus:

In Oakland:

In Gainesville:

In Sacramento:

In Seattle:

In Boise:

In LA:

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (1st July 2018), Elen (2nd July 2018), Wind (1st July 2018)