Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Children in cages

Retired Member United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 62,025 Times in 14,520 Posts
    Meanwhile Anne Coulter was on television saying that these children are reading lines from scripts given to them by liberals.

And Tucker Carlson is literally telling his viewers to believe the opposite of everything they hear on the "big media outlets".

That's the same Tucker Carlson who's been crowing for so many years about how much better the ratings were for Fox and how they had a much bigger audience.

And the 'crime' that must be so assiduously prosecuted is a misdemeanor. That's the most minor level of crime there is.

And children are being separated and shipped off because a foreigner who doesn't even speak English showed up to an unapproved port of entry. How wonderfully bureaucratic.

This is shameful. It doesn't make anyone or anything great.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (20th June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    When Maria was six in August 2017, she was separated from her mother, Magdalena, by border patrol agents near El Paso, Texas….According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post and signed by the heads of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and Customs and Border Protection (CBP), when Maria and Magdalena were separated, the Trump administration was conducting a pilot program at the border. Government agencies were prosecuting all adults apprehended while crossing the border outside a checkpoint between West Texas and New Mexico from July to November 2017

A pilot program. This means that it has been planned. Which means that it's unrelated to the claims of a law belonging to the Democrats.
    Last edited by Dreamtimer, 21st June 2018 at 00:40.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    From Michael Cohen on stepping down from Republican National Committee:

“This important role requires the full time attention and dedication of each member. Given the ongoing Mueller and SDNY investigations, that simply is impossible for me to do,” he wrote.

Cohen also criticized the administration's policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the southern border, the first time he’s distanced himself from the president.

"As the son of a Polish holocaust survivor, the images and sounds of this family separation policy is heart wrenching,” Cohen wrote. “While I strongly support measures that will secure our porous borders, children should never be used as bargaining chips."

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Regarding Fred's observation:

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), palooka's revenge (22nd June 2018)

Thanks
    Is it flooding in the Walmarts? Is it flooding in the tent cities? (Of course the girls got shipped off many states away...)

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 35,452 Times in 10,162 Posts
    You imo appear totally caught up in the two party hoax still Dreamtimer, major brain washing stuff imo.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Aianawa For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), Melidae (21st June 2018), modwiz (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    Palmquist, a flight attendant, made a strong statement:

“...Images of those helpless children have burned into my psyche. The little children whose faces were full of fear, confusion, sadness and exhaustion left me somewhat traumatized as it occurred to me a few weeks later that I might as well have been a collaborator in their transport.
    As a result of what I witnessed, I have made a decision that if I'm ever assigned to a flight with children who've been separated from their families, I will immediately remove myself from the trip due to the nature of this unconscionable act by my government and my employer's complicity.
    Palmquist said he conveyed his experience to other flight attendant who then pledged to do the same. He later learned how much he was lied to by ICE agents who said the kids were part of a soccer team.

This is not the American citizen that I was raised to be nor the one that I will embrace. What we are experiencing is painful, unnecessary and completely unacceptable and I feel somewhat ashamed that it took me this long to process these feelings. I keep kicking myself for not trusting my gut and walk off of both of those flights.
    I will no longer be complicit and will walk away from any future flight assignments that try to make me a pawn for this disgusting and deplorable cause.
    News has come out today that Trump has decided to issue an Executive Order to stop separation and instead keep families incarcerated together.

If someone were to try to come up with a more unwieldy and costly way to deal with asylum seekers they'd fail.

Ankle bracelets have a 98% success rate.

There is no need for all the trauma, child abuse, and hostage taking.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Aianawa View Post
    You imo appear totally caught up in the two party hoax still Dreamtimer, major brain washing stuff imo.
    erase all the lines between the party hoax you want, Aianawa...

What you see is not an illusion. Trump and his supporters are psychopaths...The Republican party though lacking in most cases common decency and empathy apparently do have limits...But not Trump world....recall that a scientific 'REAL' study...no illusion, no hoax...blatant plain obvious reality assessed that 'authoritarian' rule is what they want. Authoritarianism is just as obviously a reptilian instinct that even more obviously is the level of social consciousness that these people are operating at. Period!
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Scott Adams gives the best description/explanation of this phenomenon I've seen yet...beginning at about 59 minutes into this video...

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), modwiz (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 43,100 Times in 11,915 Posts
    this is total nonsense...

There is no ambiguity here...I choose not to fight this battle on a fantasy front...Aragorn please remove me from this site and don't give me access to even see anymore of this nonsense...
    “El revolucionario: te meteré la bota en el culo"

20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Emil El Zapato For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), Fred Steeves (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    I'm afraid I don't understand. How is caring about this issue being caught up in a two-party system?

It's pretty clear that everyone is involved and everyone bears some sort of responsibility.

These are innocent children.

I've posted views and information which comes from many sides.

I don't live in a void. I live in a country where our leader very clearly picks sides. It's not something to just ignore.

Perhaps I should be offended at the suggestion that I'm brainwashed, but that's a waste of energy.

I'm surprised to see that coming from you, Aianawa.

I would think you could feel the honest energy of what I do and what I care about.

Quote Originally posted by NotAPretender View Post
    this is total nonsense...

There is no ambiguity here...I choose not to fight this battle on a fantasy front...Aragorn please remove me from this site and don't give me access to even see anymore of this nonsense...
    It's not necessary to go anywhere. There is an ignore function. You can ignore members and/or threads.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    Scott Adams gives the best description/explanation of this phenomenon I've seen yet...beginning at about 59 minutes into this video...

Scott Adams wrote a book.

But Adams is getting a book deal. In October, Portfolio will release Win Bigly: Persuasion in a World Where Facts Don’t Matter, in which the publisher says Adams will reveal “the secret tricks of the world’s greatest persuaders, giving readers what he calls ‘access to the admin passwords for human beings.’ ” Dogbert appears on the cover, wearing a Trump-like blond coif.
    In 1990, Adams published a strip in which Dogbert is introduced to a Soviet dog named Nikita Dorgachev, who’s traveled to the U.S. to learn about capitalism. “And your god is Donald Trump?” asks Dorgachev. Dogbert replies, “I don’t think it’s official yet.”
    For several years now, Adams has said he believes [Kanye] West has a real shot of becoming president.
    Adams predicted Trump would win.

Scott Adams taught me the most important rule for persuading anyone of anything: facts don’t matter.

“What makes news and what makes people care is if you do something in a different way,” he said. New doesn’t matter. New and different matters.
    How very interesting. Scott views Trump as a fellow Wizard who is playing 3D chess.

I think his book sounds very much worth a read. He is someone who knows about the mind-control techniques and is writing about it in a very current context.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018)

Retired Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,106 Times in 484 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Dreamtimer View Post

How very interesting. Scott views Trump as a fellow Wizard who is playing 3D chess.

I think his book sounds very much worth a read. He is someone who knows about the mind-control techniques and is writing about it in a very current context.
    Scott Adams has studied persuasion....not mind control. And some people consider Trump a master at 5D chess...he plays the long-game.

If you have read his blog for any length of time, you would have followed him from the first time he noticed persuasion being used by Trump, through discussing the necessity of his using it since in her campaign, HRC was using Robert Cialdini, author of "Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion"...considered the best book ever written about persuasion.

This forum has been spammed with so much anti-Trump rhetoric and hatred to the point many members either rarely or no longer post.

Ignore me if you wish, NAP, but it won't be necessary. I won't be posting on this subject anymore. I never should have started. Just know that an empath can feel the emotions/energy and the strength of emotions/energy of others...written word included.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Melidae For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), modwiz (21st June 2018)

Thanks
    I hope my contributions aren't considered rhetoric by you, Melidae. Posting events, actions and peoples' words certainly does not qualify.

Everyone has a voice and a right to it.

Hatred isn't coming from this keyboard. And I'm quite familiar with that accusation being thrown around. It's much easier to attack the messenger than listen to the message. I've witnessed this first-hand on many occasions.

I have consistently criticized the policy and the cop-outs. I have not attacked the man.

It's important to be very clear about this.

It's a waste of energy to attack Trump. It's about the actions and the people who are hurt. Bad deeds are bad deeds no matter who does them.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dreamtimer For This Useful Post:

Aianawa (21st June 2018), Aragorn (21st June 2018), Elen (21st June 2018), Shadowself (21st June 2018), Wind (29th June 2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 12,015 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally posted by Melidae View Post
    This forum has been spammed with so much anti-Trump rhetoric and hatred to the point many members either rarely or no longer post.
    What drew me to Forum World in the first place many years ago now, was the culture of peeking beyond the curtain to try and "see" what's really going on beyond the mind numbing headlines herding the vast majority of humanity this way and that.

Name:  Curtain.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  6.0 KB

Lately, it's fascinating as is to sit back and observe that curtain being drawn back down, and along the shallowness of squawking political firing lines to boot. Not only here, but on other similar forums as well. But then hey I'm a big 1st Amendment guy so have at it, I just have to wonder what happened to that curiosity of dissecting the headlines in search of deeper truths.

Across the American spectrum no one is immune to TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome), and I have a real sneaking suspicion it's quite by design. MK/ULTRA never went the way of the Dodo Bird because of the Church Senate Hearings back in the 70's, it just disappeared into the great black beyond to continue without those pesky distractions.
    The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fred Steeves For This Useful Post:

Aragorn (21st June 2018), Dreamtimer (21st June 2018), Elen (22nd June 2018)